Jump to content


Kasserine Pass, the biggest map of World of Tanks console edition

Kasserine pass

  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Pawel Broda 73 #1 Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21227 battles
  • 5,369
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014

First look on newest map.

Huge and awesome.

Link:

https://youtu.be/CKPYl7UOFzg

Author Hincul, Community Contributor of WoT ed. console

Nice watching.



Cruiser Abukuma #2 Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12076 battles
  • 11,408
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostPawel Broda 73, on 18 May 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

First look on newest map.

Huge and awesome.

Link:

https://youtu.be/CKPYl7UOFzg

Author Hincul, Community Contributor of WoT ed. console

Nice watching.

 

if it's only 1.5km by 1.5km then it would be tied with the original skorpion pass...  Which if this is 1.5km or larger.. then WG's reason for removing original skorpion pass is a lie... which was it was too big and matches took too long... xD

 


 

"But you know, There is one thing I am proud of that I want to show to everyone. Just like me, like Shidou, I wasn't really born just to disappear. I was born to love you. Just you. Thank you, Shidou..."  - Mayuri

 

 


abehamre #3 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15993 battles
  • 269
  • Member since:
    10-09-2016
I have only played it one time and i must say i love it, this is the way to go WG. I think big and bigger map are the future and i think it will change the game dynamic in a more better, realistic and intresting way.

 

 Never mind my bad English grammatic and be glad im not writing  Norwegian

LordAnonII #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:13 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 41492 battles
  • 2,698
  • [MMTLS]
  • Member since:
    02-19-2014
Excellent map WG. Good job.

3 MoE's: Tier V: M-7, Stug III G, SU 85 - Tier VI: AMX Chaffee, AMX 12-t, M4A3E8, VK30.01.D, VK.30.02.M, VK30.01.P, JPanz IV, T 34 85, T 34 88, A 43, Chi-To, Hellcat - MT-25, Tier VII: T-71, T-20, Panther, VK.30.02.D, T-43, AMX 13 75 - Tier VIII: AMX 13 90. T-44. - Tier IX: Leopard PTA.

100%


Sovietdeath #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

    Major

  • Club Wargaming
  • 13774 battles
  • 18,347
  • [-RE-]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 18 May 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

 

if it's only 1.5km by 1.5km then it would be tied with the original skorpion pass...  Which if this is 1.5km or larger.. then WG's reason for removing original skorpion pass is a lie... which was it was too big and matches took too long... xD

 

no its original reason for removing​ it, was that in its original setup it couldn't run on 360 properly, at least im 99% sure of it, though many did complain about it being too large and long



Cruiser Abukuma #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12076 battles
  • 11,408
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostSovietdeath, on 19 May 2017 - 03:46 AM, said:

no its original reason for removing​ it, was that in its original setup it couldn't run on 360 properly, at least im 99% sure of it, though many did complain about it being too large and long

 

not a valid excuse either way though... cause ps4 doesnt have to deal with the 360 playerbase so using the 360 as a reason isn't valid

 

"But you know, There is one thing I am proud of that I want to show to everyone. Just like me, like Shidou, I wasn't really born just to disappear. I was born to love you. Just you. Thank you, Shidou..."  - Mayuri

 

 


Sovietdeath #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

    Major

  • Club Wargaming
  • 13774 battles
  • 18,347
  • [-RE-]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 19 May 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

 

not a valid excuse either way though... cause ps4 doesnt have to deal with the 360 playerbase so using the 360 as a reason isn't valid

It is if WG wanted to maintain as much parity as possible between the systems

 

Its also why Ruinburg was removed afterall

 

PS its called a reason, not an excuse



Cyberillus #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

    First lieutenant

  • WG Staff
  • 2404 battles
  • 708
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostCruiser Abukuma, on 18 May 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

 

if it's only 1.5km by 1.5km then it would be tied with the original skorpion pass...  Which if this is 1.5km or larger.. then WG's reason for removing original skorpion pass is a lie... which was it was too big and matches took too long... xD

 

 

Kasserine is the same size as Thiepval, Heilbronn and Dukla @ 1.2KM x 1.2KM playable.  Interestingly, the map was also much more flat and open in it's original design (matching the real world) and playtests quickly showed how un-fun that actually is.

Senior Game Designer -- World of Tanks -- Xbox 360/XBox 1/PS4

@chadsteingraber (Twitter)

http://www.twitch.tv/cyberillus


No Not Yet Baby #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 17104 battles
  • 1,617
  • Member since:
    09-09-2016

View PostCyberillus, on 19 May 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

Kasserine is the same size as Thiepval, Heilbronn and Dukla @ 1.2KM x 1.2KM playable.  Interestingly, the map was also much more flat and open in it's original design (matching the real world) and playtests quickly showed how un-fun that actually is.

Only those who were on the real battlefield can say that it has nothing to do with fun.:(


When man invented consoles, even monkeys began to scratch their heads.                      
Bad maps and teams generate bad play and create idiots even from good people.
The nasty truth about this game starts with the people who try to hide it!

This forum is a direct reflection of the quality of the product concerned.


Pawel Broda 73 #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21227 battles
  • 5,369
  • Member since:
    07-31-2014

View PostCyberillus, on 19 May 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

 

Kasserine is the same size as Thiepval, Heilbronn and Dukla @ 1.2KM x 1.2KM playable.  Interestingly, the map was also much more flat and open in it's original design (matching the real world) and playtests quickly showed how un-fun that actually is.

 

Thank you a lot for a precision information.

 

Ps. Have any maps been withdrawn for refurbishment?



LeftTurnus #11 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22910 battles
  • 3,354
  • Member since:
    12-09-2015

View PostSovietdeath, on 19 May 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

no its original reason for removing​ it, was that in its original setup it couldn't run on 360 properly, at least im 99% sure of it, though many did complain about it being too large and long

 

Those were in the minority. Most PS4 players, on the forum and in game, really enjoyed the original map. There were several different ways to play it, and every tank class had something going for it.

 

Now it is just another corridor map with one stupid highly elevated side.

It is crap...



Apocalypso 5 #12 Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:01 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 31031 battles
  • 404
  • [1CAB]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013
Back on topic, I was really impressed with the map. I played 4 games yesterday on it in mid tiers (7-5), and a couple of tier 10 games. Thought it worked & played well in both cases. Really liked it's lay out & seems to provide something for all tank classes.

CatClaw23 #13 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14871 battles
  • 56
  • [GSG6]
  • Member since:
    12-14-2016
I played 2 games on this map yesterday, both in lights. Did well in second game coming top,however in both games a large portion of the team went down through the valley and most were wiped out. Is this the right strategy? There seems to be plenty of cover up top at least on the west side not had chance to explore the east yet

xXlionblazeXx #14 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 14969 battles
  • 189
  • [BUDDZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013

Kasserine Pass has no spotting bushes or for that matter any real bushes at all... that is all I have to say...:bush:<----- none

 


"Usually the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is sixty-six tons of straight up, H-E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love, then you can call me Cupid!"- Sgt. Johnson


xXlAmbitionzlXx #15 Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21798 battles
  • 13,997
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

View PostCyberillus, on 19 May 2017 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

Kasserine is the same size as Thiepval, Heilbronn and Dukla @ 1.2KM x 1.2KM playable.  Interestingly, the map was also much more flat and open in it's original design (matching the real world) and playtests quickly showed how un-fun that actually is.

 

Its a good map, Stick to maps similar to it. +1

WPCatfish #16 Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:16 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9901 battles
  • 186
  • Member since:
    08-27-2016

View PostxXlionblazeXx, on 20 May 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

Kasserine Pass has no spotting bushes or for that matter any real bushes at all... that is all I have to say...:bush:<----- none

 

 

It's 2017 there are no bushes anymore.

Bibo1GerUk #17 Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:31 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 17844 battles
  • 2,152
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

View PostWPCatfish, on 21 May 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

 

It's 2017 there are no bushes anymore.

 

( ^◡^)っ(ㅅ )

Sorry, btt:

Only been on it a few times, South Spawn and dieing at about F3 ;)

Nothing negative comes to mind, need more matches in it though. Looks nice and tanks seem to spread out nicely.


Remember, it's just a game!


Knot3D #18 Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:25 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20314 battles
  • 2,485
  • Member since:
    01-18-2015
Still havent seen it....

BladesForBelial #19 Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14415 battles
  • 276
  • Member since:
    07-29-2015

View PostCatClaw23, on 20 May 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

I played 2 games on this map yesterday, both in lights. Did well in second game coming top,however in both games a large portion of the team went down through the valley and most were wiped out. Is this the right strategy? There seems to be plenty of cover up top at least on the west side not had chance to explore the east yet

 

Historically it was the right strategy for inexperienced American commanders going against the desert fox :teethhappy:

XEboi #20 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14389 battles
  • 525
  • Member since:
    12-05-2015

View PostLeftTurnus, on 20 May 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

 

Those were in the minority. Most PS4 players, on the forum and in game, really enjoyed the original map. There were several different ways to play it, and every tank class had something going for it.

 

Now it is just another corridor map with one stupid highly elevated side.

It is crap...

 

Yup still not forgave them for hacking that map up, was one of my favourites 

 

I'm really enjoying the new one it's good fun







Also tagged with Kasserine pass

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users