I really want to know WG

weather maps stats

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

BigWahala #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15018 battles

So, some players like weather maps?  Can we get a poll instead of the crappy login/advertisement information screens to ask the following:-

Do you like the standard maps with added weather features which restrict view range?

Press A for Yes, B for No.

I'd love to see the opinion of the whole payer base

mcnoople #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32290 battles
  • [47R]
Press "a" or "b" to answer the question would be the wrong way to do it.  Too many players would just blow past the screen without reading it.   They would have to make the selection using the stick/d-pad and then confirm with a button.  Personally I think most of the weather maps look like garbage even without the render range issue.

290+ tanks played haven't caught 'em all yet  539543

Think you are the best at WOT this link might explain why you are so good at this game.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

BigWahala #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15018 battles

View Postmcnoople, on 19 May 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Press "a" or "b" to answer the question would be the wrong way to do it.  Too many players would just blow past the screen without reading it.   They would have to make the selection using the stick/d-pad and then confirm with a button.  Personally I think most of the weather maps look like garbage even without the render range issue.

So why do they keep making them?  They must have some data that says it drives more revenue?

xPanzergeistx #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18141 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostBigWahala, on 19 May 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

So why do they keep making them?  They must have some data that says it drives more revenue?

Facebook.

"Win or lose, naught to choose - all men are equal when their memory fades. No one knows, friends or foes, if Valhalla lies beyond the grave."

Corrupted Ewok #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16221 battles
  • [REEK]

These maps are what happens when the creative designer has nothing loosely resembling an idea what it is to interact with the game as a gamer.

Them: "That sounds cool, let's do that".

Us: "Hang on, have you considered that..."

Them: "Yeah yeah. Now, about the store bundles".

Us: "No really. If you think about it that won't work becau".

Dead air...

Dead air...

~forums concerns prove correct.

Dead air...

Them: "That sounds cool. Let's do that".

This is the pattern we're stuck in regarding weather and war variants.

I want the old Chaffee back.

TocFanKe4 #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16532 battles
  • [GIRLS]
I would suspect that having less area that you can see would cause the game to have to simulate less bushes and cover.  That in turn would make the game easier to play for the systems.  Hence having a weather map is kind of like a War map because it's less bushes to simulate.  Maybe that's why we get them because they're easy to do and they play better.  But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. 

Skill is knowledge put into practice through the lens of ability.

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4

Stream contains language that is inappropes. 

Gallant Prime #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 33401 battles
  • [47R]

Well, just going by my forum poll so far...  There is strong opposition against but just as many or more who like them or like them sometimes.  And for the most part it seems people would like them if they felt the game mechanics of them were better.  I think in particular, people want less gap between spotting and render range. 

Also people want more bushes, which I find somewhat paradoxical in regards to wanting less gap between spotting and render range, but I suppose using a bush is "skill." 

Edit:  Oh and less frequency--wasn't in the poll but that is one of the things I see myself and I see often on the forum.  People are saying they see a weather variant too often. 

Edited by Gallant Prime, 19 May 2017 - 11:42 PM.

.​...

Are you creative?  Want to win a Tank?  Enter the forum Spooky October Tank Art Contest!  Details Here

TocFanKe4 #8 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16532 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostGallant Prime, on 19 May 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Also people want more bushes, which I find somewhat paradoxical in regards to wanting less gap between spotting and render range, but I suppose using a bush is "skill." 

Bushes increase camo, not decrease view range or radio range. Tanks with good camo and good spotting range can use bushes effectively. A lot of the time that's the one of the only advantages your tank has in a high camo tank.

Playing on weather maps nullifies that advantage by giving it to other tanks with poor camo. They usually have good armor or guns to compensate for their lack of camo. Now they get camo too. It warps the game balance. 

Skill is knowledge put into practice through the lens of ability.

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4

Stream contains language that is inappropes. 

Gallant Prime #9 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 33401 battles
  • [47R]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 19 May 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Bushes increase camo, not decrease view range or radio range. Tanks with good camo and good spotting range can use bushes effectively. A lot of the time that's the one of the only advantages your tank has in a high camo tank.

Playing on weather maps nullifies that advantage by giving it to other tanks with poor camo. They usually have good armor or guns to compensate for their lack of camo. Now they get camo too. It warps the game balance. 

​It really is just the other side of the coin though.  An increase in camo decreases the opposing ability to spot.  Plus it is pretty one sided.  Any tank can use a bush--just needs to be able to cover the right spots.

From what you wrote that I bolded, it looks like you are saying that heavies have a greater advantage on weather maps, correct?  I am assuming this is a restatement of the passive light problem you mentioned in the other thread. 

I guess I just play my lights differently in that I passive spot as close as I can to get more of the team and prefer to be in close to heavies in a fight.  I think more people are concerned about campers, but then that is why I put up the poll because your passive light tank problem is unusual to me.   I fear the poll may not cover as much as I had hoped. 

.​...

Are you creative?  Want to win a Tank?  Enter the forum Spooky October Tank Art Contest!  Details Here

Also tagged with weather maps, stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users