TVP T50/51 What euqipment

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

abehamre #1 Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16305 battles

I cheathed and free xp to opend this beast, my first 10er but am a little usure what euqipment to put on. I have so far put on vents and thinking to put on vertstab and binocs or gld.

What euqipment have you on it.

Never mind my bad English grammatic and be glad im not writing  Norwegian

oboeslayer #2 Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16830 battles
Vents, Vert Stab and optics. I used food while playing it. It's a very powerful tank. A bit on the OP side and for that reason I found it boring and haven't played it in weeks. But I know some people who absolutely love it.
Arty have the M53/M55
Heavies have the t110e5
TDs have deathstar, t110e3, Waffle e100.....and more
While mediums have the TVP t50/51 as their little OP tank. Lol

"Evil is relatively rare. Ignorance is epidemic." - Jon Stewart

abehamre #3 Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:22 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16305 battles
Thanks for your answear i think its sounds like a good choose for equipment so im gonna put that on. I havent tested it yet so im wery exaitment to try it out with a coplete loadout on.

ixi Grunt ixi #4 Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15059 battles
I also have this beast, but havent been able to go beast mode on it. I struggle with back line sniping when I am used to some medium 10 brawlers like a patton and 62A. They seem a lil more forgiving then the Skoda. I have vents, Binocs and VErt. I opted for the Bincos cause I am tryign to play sitting back and unload my clip and move to a new spot. 

abehamre #5 Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:25 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16305 battles
I think your right, this tank need a little special handling to master. The gun is wery OP when loaded and ready but If you get caught in the middle of loading you are pretty much done. My only consern now is that my crew only have one perk so it will be a hard way mowing on but at last it will be better.

super_omega_aids #6 Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 30672 battles
  • [VENOM]
I run binocs vents and gun laying drive and I'll sit in the back with all my view range skills and perks and snipe till about halfway through the match. Once the field is whittled down this thing is a beast. Isolate single tanks and end them quickly. I don't always get tons of damage but my kills are through the roof in it with the quick clip dump. You're able to take out another tank with 4 shots before they can get their 2nd shot off. I've found running this with a platoon mate running a batchat to be an almost unstoppable force.

abehamre #7 Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16305 battles

View Postsuper_omega_aids, on 23 May 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

I run binocs vents and gun laying drive and I'll sit in the back with all my view range skills and perks and snipe till about halfway through the match. Once the field is whittled down this thing is a beast. Isolate single tanks and end them quickly. I don't always get tons of damage but my kills are through the roof in it with the quick clip dump. You're able to take out another tank with 4 shots before they can get their 2nd shot off. I've found running this with a platoon mate running a batchat to be an almost unstoppable force.

So you run GLD instead of Vert stab, intresting may i ask why you have choosen this combo ?. I guess it helped alot when you have pleanty perks to go with it and im loocking forward to put on mine after some loooong moments :trollface:

super_omega_aids #8 Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:38 AM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 30672 battles
  • [VENOM]
I don't typically do run and gun in this tank till closer to the end of the match when there's less of a chance to get hit by hidden tanks. I added view range perks such as recon and sit awareness to go with my binocs so I can out view other tanks. What I like it usually by the time the tank realizes he's been hit the second shell is already out the barrel. Once the enemy team is whittled down that's when I push and become more aggressive and can get closer so vert stab isn't really a must at that range. With no armor you gotta play it smart and keep some distance between you and the reds. Once spotted you can be sent to the garage with a quickness.

abehamre #9 Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:36 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16305 battles
Many good points here, im gonna test that combo to and many thanks for your contribution.

Orbtastic1 #10 Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 42127 battles
  • [UK]

Binocs on a tier ten medium, really?

Every time I see them doing well (I'm talking 4-5-6-7k +) in a lobby, they're hardly every spotted and never frontline and are constantly moving and using cover and hitting tanks that are engaging others. Then they go into clean-up mode late game.

You can get a pair of them yoloing, it sometimes works but more often than not they get focused down quickly.

super_omega_aids #11 Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:02 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 30672 battles
  • [VENOM]

View PostOrbtastic1, on 25 May 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

Binocs on a tier ten medium, really?

Every time I see them doing well (I'm talking 4-5-6-7k +) in a lobby, they're hardly every spotted and never frontline and are constantly moving and using cover and hitting tanks that are engaging others. Then they go into clean-up mode late game.

You can get a pair of them yoloing, it sometimes works but more often than not they get focused down quickly.

You explained at the end of your post exactly why I have binocs on a tier 10 medium. No armor means I'm not gonna go out and yolo and be first to die. On my 140 no I don't use binocs but in this paper armor tank yes. Each tank is diff and depending on play style needs to be set up diff. Me personally I'd rather stay hidden while still contributing to the team in some way until I'm able to go yolo with a little less risk involved. 

He he asked for set ups and I provided mine. In my eyes this works for me. It may not for him and if not then I'm sure he'll try something else. This set up also doesn't work for every map either. I still get spotted from time to time and sent back to the garage. Just the nature of the beast. 

Orbtastic1 #12 Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 42127 battles
  • [UK]

Yeah but you need to stay still for binocs to work, why are you sitting still all the time? I've best seen them poking ridges/rocks/cover, dumping their clip and waiting for the reload etc.

Seems a bizarre set-up for me, it's like the guy in the CDC thread saying he uses binocs.

If you're more interested in staying hidden why not go the whole hog and put a camo net on it, lolz

It has 410 base view, with BiA, optics and recon/sitaware it's 486, which is way over the 450 cap anyway. Add vents it's 498...Binocs takes it to a theoretical 550+ which what, what's that going to do? Burn through something at the back of the map?

super_omega_aids #13 Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 30672 battles
  • [VENOM]
So you're saying you'd rather not have a teammate that can spot them from across the map meanwhile the green team is still hidden but knows where the other team is going. Plus the fact if anyone can get shots on them innow get spotted assist damage and bring one more tank closer to being off the board. I never said I just sit still. I'll find somewhere behind the front line which is where this thing should be at the beginning of the match and help spot and put shots down range helping the team. Once the reds are thinned out abit I then push up and start being a normal medium of circling and dumping clips. This is not your normal medium not has squat for armor. I play this and my 140 completely opposite. Like I said this works for me. You should try it for about 10-15 matches and see how it works out. I've seen many people that play better then I do play it like this. Diff play styles work for diff people. I just found that this works for me in this exact tank.

Orbtastic1 #14 Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 42127 battles
  • [UK]

You must be sitting still in order for binocs to work.

This has the same "armour" as a batchat, STB or Leo or the French tank and their tier 9 counterparts...binocs, wow I'm lost for words.

It has 410 base, it's just overkill and you HAVE to sit still for them to work.

I'd rather not have a medium sitting behind me acting as a pseudo TD, yeah you're right.

SteelTiiTan #15 Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16825 battles
  • [-NS-]
Whatever you do, don't put binocs on the TVP :teethhappy:

Orbtastic1 #16 Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 42127 battles
  • [UK]

Fair enough if it works for him, all power to him.

I'm just genuinely amazed someone is saying it about a Tier 10 medium because it has no armour when over 50% of the mediums there have no armour. I'm playing my STB and Leo wrong, I'm going to stick binocs and camo nets on them stet.

super_omega_aids #17 Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 30672 battles
  • [VENOM]
You guys are acting like I said I sat still the entire time. I know the binocs only work when stationary. So you're saying you'd rather be running around eating spotted and shot at trying to be mobile instead of sitting still at the beginning in a known stronghold waiting to spot them early and then dump one to two clips in and take no damage at all and save that hp for later in the battle?id rather get some spots and get tanks off the board early so I can run around like a normal tier 10 medium should and dump my clips at that point. Never did I say park the top in the back of the map and spot from there. It's a 2nd line medium support tank that can devastate quickly. Let the hearts with armor and hps be the front and then you can pop out and dump the clip and back off to reload. I'm talking at the beginning of he match you should be trying to spot the reds to one see where they are going and two maybe get a few shots off.

How y'all run them works for y'all and this works for me. I'm just not going to run around at the beginning of the match and get torn apart just to get spots when I can stay behind the heavies for protection and spot them for them and also dump clip after clip. There's no end all be all way to run any tank. Find out what works for you and go from there. If he tries it and it works for him great if it then try other combos. This is only a suggestion that works for me. We both agree to disagree but to state that my way is wrong is asinine. It obviously works for me or I would have changed it by now. Your way is diff from mine but I'd never in any way say it's wrong and to never do it. It's just one of many ways to set your tank up the way that works for you. To each his own. Op just try diff combos of equip and see which consistently works for you. Neither set up is going to work 100% of the time the best. I take the few bad games I have for the many good to great games I have in mine the way it's set up.

SteelTiiTan #18 Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16825 battles
  • [-NS-]

You don't need to be spotted or be getting shot at to be spotting with optics lol

You make it sound like using optics means you need to drive around like a lunatic :teethhappy:

You  do whatever you want I'm just saying for op getting into the tank not to use binocs. Coated optics and food gets the tank past the 445m spotting cap. When you admit yourself that you don't do much damage in a tank, you may not want to be advising players new to it.. Just my opinion

SteelTiiTan #19 Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16825 battles
  • [-NS-]
Go with vents, vert stabs and coated optics. Run food, this set up gives you the most flexibility to conform to whatever the game situation is. Goodluck op it's a monster, I was delighted to get the 3 mark and if you have any other questions about it feel free to ask! :honoring:

super_omega_aids #20 Posted 25 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Supertest - PS4
  • 30672 battles
  • [VENOM]

View PostSteelTiiTan, on 25 May 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

You don't need to be spotted or be getting shot at to be spotting with optics lol

You make it sound like using optics means you need to drive around like a lunatic :teethhappy:

You  do whatever you want I'm just saying for op getting into the tank not to use binocs. Coated optics and food gets the tank past the 445m spotting cap. When you admit yourself that you don't do much damage in a tank, you may not want to be advising players new to it.. Just my opinion

If you reread my comment I said I don't always get mass damage. No tank does. Some maps are not conducive to massive damage in a lightly armored tank. I get plenty of damage in this tank. I can advise a player new to a tank with the set up I have and do well in. Why wouldn't I? Why should your set up be the end all be all to a tank. Do you know how he runs his tanks? I don't hence why I gave him a set up I use to offer up advice to him so he can make a decision on how to set up his tank. Whether he uses mine or not is none of my concern but you seem to be pushing that I'm horrible in my tank cause I don't do massive damage every game. Everyone has a game every now and then where they get crapped on it happens. Give your suggestion and leave it at that and let the op decide what works best for him in game. 

ill never tell anyone this is how you should set up your tank or run it this way but I'll give my suggestion and will also see what others post as maybe there's is better then mine but it depends how you run your tank. I do just fine with my set up so let's just agree to disagree and let the op set his tank up to his own likings. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users