XP and Crew XP Calculator - Version 2.1

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Pawel Broda 73 #21 Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21227 battles
Thank you so much for your help and support Max.

MaxChaos24 #22 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:02 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10618 battles
  • [WGW]

Ok, version 2.1 is now up and available. Let me know if this layout is better than the previous version. 
XP and Crew XP Calculator

I did notice that it's a bit slow editing in browser, so will probably work better by saving a copy. 

SteampunkPagan #23 Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 69317 battles
  • [HDC]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 06 June 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Ok, version 2.1 is now up and available. Let me know if this layout is better than the previous version. 

I did notice that it's a bit slow editing in browser, so will probably work better by saving a copy. 

Much better layout in my opinion and a lot more intuitive. The coloring helps old folk like me as well it is almost dummy proof.:great:

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Bashful #24 Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17934 battles
  • [47R]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 06 June 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Agree that the new layout is better. Although there might be some width issues if you were to use a small laptop.

I thank you for adding the tool tips.

If you want some suggestion:

• Have a "reset" button to clean up all of the columns back to stock
  • Have a history column of previous results -> the scenario that I'm using this for is to track my crew xp gains
  • Move this to a webpage
  • Have a tool tip for the Churchill III to explain why it doesn't who expected values in Premium Tank XP / Tank Crew
    • Even Better: Get someone to fix Churchill III bonus to use the same tech as T-34-88, AMX Chaffee, Legion, and Vengeance
  • Have a tool tip for the Premium Tank Crew to indicate which tanks that have it, since there's only 4, that shouldn't be too dense

I guess while, I'm at it, can you guys revisit the policy of not displaying the actual XP number values for the crew in the crew tab? Surely there is some way that you could display the current XP total there w/o it being horrible to read. Heck, displaying the numbers to two decimal places (eg: 54.44% remaining) would let someone make a pretty estimation of where they are XP wise. Failing that, at least making it so that the WG APIs provide the ability to enumerate your tank crews and actually get these numbers.

I hear that you are doing this on your Vacation time instead of your Office time. Thank you very much for taking that time to work on this. I, for one, totally appreciate it.

MaxChaos24 #25 Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:33 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10618 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostBashful, on 06 June 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

Agree that the new layout is better. Although there might be some width issues if you were to use a small laptop.

I thank you for adding the tool tips.

If you want some suggestion:

• Have a "reset" button to clean up all of the columns back to stock
  • Have a history column of previous results -> the scenario that I'm using this for is to track my crew xp gains
  • Move this to a webpage
  • Have a tool tip for the Churchill III to explain why it doesn't who expected values in Premium Tank XP / Tank Crew
    • Even Better: Get someone to fix Churchill III bonus to use the same tech as T-34-88, AMX Chaffee, Legion, and Vengeance
  • Have a tool tip for the Premium Tank Crew to indicate which tanks that have it, since there's only 4, that shouldn't be too dense

I guess while, I'm at it, can you guys revisit the policy of not displaying the actual XP number values for the crew in the crew tab? Surely there is some way that you could display the current XP total there w/o it being horrible to read. Heck, displaying the numbers to two decimal places (eg: 54.44% remaining) would let someone make a pretty estimation of where they are XP wise. Failing that, at least making it so that the WG APIs provide the ability to enumerate your tank crews and actually get these numbers.

I hear that you are doing this on your Vacation time instead of your Office time. Thank you very much for taking that time to work on this. I, for one, totally appreciate it.

Thanks.

Reset button - Wanted this but when I goggled how, the tutorials gave instructions for features my excel doesn't have and requires some type of macro/script.

History - I think that outside of what excel does. Would recommend just writing down the amounts in another excel sheet that keeps a running total to achieve that. It's not something this calculator would be able to do for the player.

Website - I have no idea how to code a website, sorry. :P

The tool tips, not really needed for the calculator. That's more in lines with guides or other informational sources that are for educating players. 

This is just a personal project of mine to help players as a player. It's not an Official WG thing so it's limited to my knowledge on how to do these things. I'm self learning with the help of Google to try to improve it. :great:

Bashful #26 Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17934 battles
  • [47R]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 06 June 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

This is just a personal project of mine to help players as a player. It's not an Official WG thing so it's limited to my knowledge on how to do these things. I'm self learning with the help of Google to try to improve it. :great:

So with update 3.9, it's actually possible to see how accurate this tool is --- and the answer is very accurate, so thanks Max.

As an example, if you load a crew up and select "Convert Free XP" you get a pop dialog - I'm not going to bother to paste a copy here, easy enough for you to look at it:

In it, there are 2 really important numbers:

• % Skill Progression - Shown even if you have the "+" icon - this is how close you are to the next skill
  • XP Number - to the right of the helmet icon - this is the total amount of XP that your crew has

As an example, I had a crew with

• 75% to the next skill
  • 3673231 total XP

I then played a battle where the calculator reported that I had earned 7321 crew XP. Sure enough, the same UI reports:

• 76% to the next skill
  • 3680552 total XP (which is 7321 more than the previous number)

One of the curious things I noticed is the XP state of new crews:

• 50% Training Level: 193,255
  • 75% Training Level: 217,412 (+24157 XP) 
  • 100% Training Level: 241,569 (+24157 XP)

When I take 241,569 XP away from my total XP, and use the cost of 100800 XP per skill, doubled every four, then it works pretty closely that I'm the 76% percentile.

So, kudos Max, and thanks to WG for allowing us to see the raw numbers in update 3.9

Kuruh #27 Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:45 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14234 battles
  • [AUTS]
was the tool removed?

HybredXero #28 Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19443 battles
  • [BULL]
If anybody has the file could you please link to it?  Max's link is dead.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

Sadriel Fett #29 Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:28 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 16924 battles
Max, have you updated your Premium Tank Bonuses spreadsheet with all the new tanks we've gotten this year?   Sorry, couldn't find a thread with that one in it.  Just curious.  Thanks in advance.

--Faster Crew Training w/ Mentor Skill & Accelerated Tanks--Spreadsheet (created by JacKTh4RiPPa)

--Tank XP and Crew XP Calculator & Sortable Premium Tanks Bonus Values--Spreadsheet (created by MaxChaos24)

--Equipment, Consumables, & Skills/Perks Effectiveness Stats Calculators: Tanks.GG or WoTinfo

--Sortable In-depth Player Tank Stats: TankStats.net

MaxChaos24 #30 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10618 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostSadriel Fett, on 15 September 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

Max, have you updated your Premium Tank Bonuses spreadsheet with all the new tanks we've gotten this year?   Sorry, couldn't find a thread with that one in it.  Just curious.  Thanks in advance.

Not yet. My current workload hasn't allowed me the free time to work on either the spreadsheet or add the new tanks to the calculator. Once I get a spare moment I'll update them. :great:

Pawel Broda 73 #31 Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21227 battles

The Captured Hotchkins H39 issue in spreadsheet premium tanks.

Pz.38 H has completly another bonuses, special for this one vechicle.

A little issue with T2 Light, special value of earning xp, more then standart  70%.

Exactly +75% to exprience.

Thanks

MaxChaos24 #32 Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10618 battles
  • [WGW]

Updated calculator. 

- Fixed a typo

- Added a missing earn rate

- Added the new vehicles that have been released since June. 

Let me know if I missed any or notice any other bugs. :great:

Bashful #33 Posted Yesterday, 08:01 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17934 battles
  • [47R]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 16 October 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

Let me know if I missed any or notice any other bugs. :great:

Vengeance T25 - Tankopedia lists as a 15% XP bonus but calculator lists as 10%

MaxChaos24 #34 Posted Yesterday, 08:08 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 10618 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostBashful, on 17 October 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Vengeance T25 - Tankopedia lists as a 15% XP bonus but calculator lists as 10%

That's correct. The calculator only uses the Premium Vehicle bonus as that portion is applied separately. The other 5% is worked into your Base XP. Tankopedia displays the Total XP bonus, not just the Premium Vehicle bonus. :great:

Bashful #35 Posted Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17934 battles
  • [47R]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 17 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

That's correct. The calculator only uses the Premium Vehicle bonus as that portion is applied separately. The other 5% is worked into your Base XP. Tankopedia displays the Total XP bonus, not just the Premium Vehicle bonus. :great:

The 5% goes into the base XP? I didn't know that possible. Is that how it's also implement on the Churchill III? Are there any other tanks for which this is also done?

Is this because the game engine only supports Premium Tank bonuses in multiples of 10%? So anytime we see a tankopedia entry that isn' 10%, the leftover goes into base xp? If it's exactly 5% that goes into the base XP in this case, then it seems like the net result is actually slightly better than if the Premium Tank Bonus was exactly 15%, is that right?

leova #36 Posted Today, 01:36 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10274 battles
  • [47R]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 17 October 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

why is this even a thing?

why not just simply have it all be Bonus XP, instead of shoving some of it into Base?

I mean, yeah it may result in more earning if its added to Base(with multipliers, etc), but it seems unnecessary and needlessly-confusing

Why? :amazed:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users