AMX CDC trouble

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Smirnoff1990299 #1 Posted 11 June 2017 - 02:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26111 battles
  • [-N-]
I bought the amx cdc awhile back I like the tank good gun great power to weight but my stats absolutely suck in the tank i get that it has no armor i try to play it as a 2nd or 3rd line support tank unless I end up with a suicide scout on my team then I will fill that role  and usually I can do 2k or 3k damage a game in it but still will end up losing most matches I run ok crew at least ss gun rammer optics vert stabs and strong coffee.is there anything I should be doing different in this tank? 

ATHFjman18 #2 Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15021 battles
  • [JOCO]
Great question! I have yet to figure this tank out myself. Hopefully people can throw some good pointers out here!

Smirnoff1990299 #3 Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26111 battles
  • [-N-]

View PostATHFjman18, on 11 June 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

Great question! I have yet to figure this tank out myself. Hopefully people can throw some good pointers out here!

That's what I'm hoping I've only got 90 or so battles in it 

ATHFjman18 #4 Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15021 battles
  • [JOCO]
WTH! Came back to check in on this topic and look for help. No advice...makes me sad. :confused:

JelliedPenny08 #5 Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12295 battles

I properly suck in the CDC, but I only have basic French crews, so it's parked until I can change that and I'm using the S35 as a TT trainer. 

I set it up in 2 different ways to try to capitalise on the lack of armour. 

1 - Sniper, with net, rammer and binocs to use the view range and mobility to get to places early and relocate often. 

2 - Peeky Hider, with verts, gld and optics to use the mobility and gun depression to pop out and shoot before ducking back to avoid the return fire. 

Quite honestly neither worked very well for me with no skills. So this is more like why it didn't work. Although I can see why. It's too big to hide without camo skills. Close engaging people focus on you because you are pretty much a guaranteed pen for each shot, so once they know you're there someone will always wait for you to reappear. When I have more skils I want to try to combine the 2 approaches to make a ridge sniper. I want vents verts and maybe viewrange, depending on skills. 

I hope it helps and good luck.  :)

AVV Enrico #6 Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39106 battles
  • [MAS]

View PostSmirnoff1990299, on 11 June 2017 - 02:53 AM, said:

is there anything I should be doing different in this tank? 

just keep the tank in garage waiting for premium trade in.

LoganX891 #7 Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23422 battles

View PostSmirnoff1990299, on 10 June 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

is there anything I should be doing different in this tank? 

Fast enough to get you into trouble, not enough armor to get you out. Best game I saw anyone play in it was on Redshire. The player used it as a TD for the first part of play, using the speed to get to a good location. They didn't get any kills at the start, just using it to damage enemy tanks from a distance so others such as myself could finish the job. After I got blown up, I watched them for the rest of the game. Once both teams were thinned down to about half strength, the CDC used speed to get past what was left of the left flank and get to the enemy artillery. After that, they used speed in the circle of death against a heavy tank. The CDC spun about and reversed course when needed and finished the heavy without once getting hit. After that, the CDC was on clean up duty. They didn't have the highest number of kills in the game, but they did the most damage. Not sure if that helps or not.

alex0lok #8 Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:12 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16738 battles
  • [BUP]

I have two marked and earned Ace Mastery on my CDC, will put down my two cents but I am far from the best.

equip: rammer, vstab, optics

consumables: small repair, small med kit, coffee

Same with every mediums, don't spearhead the attack, especially not in the CDC. It doesn't mean you always camp in the back though, wait for enemies to fire at your heavies, then poke out, the reload is great (<6 with my set up) so sometimes you get to put two shots in before say an IS-3 reloads. Camo is average so depends on what crew you are training, if I am putting my light tank crew in it, I can spot with CDC easily.

Gun handling is average, dispersion is a big problem, even with vstab. So coffee and both gun handling crew skills help a lot, as I believe those are very useful on the French autoloaders as well so you are not just training them for the CDC (unless you are so good in this game that you are going up the French TD line).

wu_dot_com #9 Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:30 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10189 battles

89 games, 57% WR. CDC have the best part of speed and -10 gun depression. That plus 390m view range makes it really good heavy scout.

my equip are rammer, Vstab, optics.

because it doesn't have decent camo, bush camp alone, or move too far ahead w/o direct line of sights of friendly usually doesn't end well. What I do instead is to watch which flank the main force decided to go and I support the side that is most likely to win. Once the direction is determined, I will use my speed to get 1-2 squares ahead of the main force to spot. Once ive spotted my enemy, I usually hold my fire until the main force get into position so I don't reveal my position. Like playing scout tanks, I stay conservative during early games to save my health for late game. The maps is simply too crowded in the beginning. However once enemy reached half strength, the map opens up and that's when I play ultra aggressive.

another thing to keep in mind is that the gun on CDC can directly pen pretty much every tank frontally. 212 AP pen is more than enough to go through T8 and below, and APCR pen is more than enough to pen cheeks of E100.

Some of the basics to keep in minds are, firing from 15m behind the bush to conseal my shots. Permi track shots, and never trade shots fairly (I.e shot per shot, always make sure you do more damage than your enemy during the same time) I.e. If I find myself trading shots, after the first hit I will disengage and reposition, even if I have a health advantage; this is because saving enough health until mid to late game is critical to winning, where you can exploits the mobility and vision control advantage offer by CDC.

Orbtastic1 #10 Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 36523 battles
  • [UK]
What I find in this tank is that NOBODY respects you, not even tier six lights. Most people will try and yolo you, if you're daft enough to be isolated.

XGR369er #11 Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33137 battles
I noticed one thing that nobody pointed out that i missed also when i got this.  It is one of the rare country tanks where the paint job doesn't add to the camo rating if I remember right.  Someone pointed it out to me.  So if you want a higher camo you may want to add paint.   For me I don't play it often because I really don't do the french line but I do find it plays a lot like my t67 very fast no armor and packs a ehh punch for its level.  I do alot of flanking in mine or shoot and scoot because that acceleration is extremely nice.  As everyone pointed out this is absolutely not a front line tank or a brawler.  The size of the tank also makes for a problem.  if it was just about 1/3 of the size it would be awesome but not so.  As i said i don't play mine much because there is so many better tanks to play and I'd rather be in my elc then this.

Real Yuri Hours #12 Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:12 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16456 battles
  • [HONK]

View PostSmirnoff1990299, on 10 June 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

I bought the amx cdc awhile back I like the tank good gun great power to weight but my stats absolutely suck in the tank i get that it has no armor i try to play it as a 2nd or 3rd line support tank unless I end up with a suicide scout on my team then I will fill that role  and usually I can do 2k or 3k damage a game in it but still will end up losing most matches I run ok crew at least ss gun rammer optics vert stabs and strong coffee.is there anything I should be doing different in this tank? 

considering you're getting decent stats each game, I would suggest studying how having certain tanks combined to the 15 man team on each side and predict where the enemies would be and how your team should deploy...if the team deploys differently or badly after first 30 seconds, then follow a person/group that you would pair well with. 

Mainly look into teamwork 

>be cdc

>get shot

>everytime.jpg

puni576sher #13 Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11476 battles
A gun need more pen. vs tiger , vs kv3, vs persing it do no dmg. aiming in turet at distance 350m.

Orbtastic1 #14 Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:02 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 36523 battles
  • [UK]

What? Autoaim on a Tiger and it'll go right through anywhere, the turret included. It will rip right through the turret of a KV3.

Pershing, why aim at the toughest part of the armour? Lolz

begbeee_svk #15 Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16476 battles
  • [-WAU-]

View PostOrbtastic1, on 25 June 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

What I find in this tank is that NOBODY respects you, not even tier six lights. Most people will try and yolo you, if you're daft enough to be isolated.

This. It also leads to fact, that holding any position is not an option. And that means, always watch where is your support.

Orbtastic1 #16 Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 36523 battles
  • [UK]

Exactly. Was in a game with one yesterday, I'm tier 6 and he's one of only four tier 8s in the lobby. He pushes really hard, quickly and I think "ok well he's a tier 8, he's obviously got some spot he wants to get to and he's going to poke ridges and light stuff up aggressively"...

Just when I'm thinking ok he's gone too far and am about to tell him to pull back he's got a Lycan and a tier six medium chasing him all the way back to where I am, absolutely relentless they were. Killed him within about 15 seconds and he didn't get a single shot off. lolz

PorkChop1Xpress #17 Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16523 battles

View Postalex0lok, on 25 June 2017 - 03:12 AM, said:

I have two marked and earned Ace Mastery on my CDC, will put down my two cents but I am far from the best.

equip: rammer, vstab, optics

consumables: small repair, small med kit, coffee

Same with every mediums, don't spearhead the attack, especially not in the CDC. It doesn't mean you always camp in the back though, wait for enemies to fire at your heavies, then poke out, the reload is great (<6 with my set up) so sometimes you get to put two shots in before say an IS-3 reloads. Camo is average so depends on what crew you are training, if I am putting my light tank crew in it, I can spot with CDC easily.

Gun handling is average, dispersion is a big problem, even with vstab. So coffee and both gun handling crew skills help a lot, as I believe those are very useful on the French autoloaders as well so you are not just training them for the CDC (unless you are so good in this game that you are going up the French TD line).

View Postwu_dot_com, on 25 June 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

89 games, 57% WR. CDC have the best part of speed and -10 gun depression. That plus 390m view range makes it really good heavy scout.

my equip are rammer, Vstab, optics.

because it doesn't have decent camo, bush camp alone, or move too far ahead w/o direct line of sights of friendly usually doesn't end well. What I do instead is to watch which flank the main force decided to go and I support the side that is most likely to win. Once the direction is determined, I will use my speed to get 1-2 squares ahead of the main force to spot. Once ive spotted my enemy, I usually hold my fire until the main force get into position so I don't reveal my position. Like playing scout tanks, I stay conservative during early games to save my health for late game. The maps is simply too crowded in the beginning. However once enemy reached half strength, the map opens up and that's when I play ultra aggressive.

another thing to keep in mind is that the gun on CDC can directly pen pretty much every tank frontally. 212 AP pen is more than enough to go through T8 and below, and APCR pen is more than enough to pen cheeks of E100.

Some of the basics to keep in minds are, firing from 15m behind the bush to conseal my shots. Permi track shots, and never trade shots fairly (I.e shot per shot, always make sure you do more damage than your enemy during the same time) I.e. If I find myself trading shots, after the first hit I will disengage and reposition, even if I have a health advantage; this is because saving enough health until mid to late game is critical to winning, where you can exploits the mobility and vision control advantage offer by CDC.

Two post that hit the nail on the head!

Edited by PorkChop1Xpress, 09 August 2017 - 07:33 AM.

korbendallas-01 #18 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38744 battles
  • [GER_1]
Hard to read, too little punctuation.

TheDahliaRitual #19 Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21378 battles
  • [47R]
CDC is a great tank to hone your medium/light tank skills. Constant movement, ridge poking, and knowing when you have the overmatch to push. Gun is great, and with the current meta of arty and td spam, what does armor mean anyway? HE will eat you, but meh. 

sulla1111 #20 Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13127 battles

View PostBladesForBelial, on 09 August 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

CDC is a great tank to hone your medium/light tank skills. Constant movement, ridge poking, and knowing when you have the overmatch to push. Gun is great, and with the current meta of arty and td spam, what does armor mean anyway? HE will eat you, but meh. 

Glad its working for you. In my experience, if you dont fully aim the gun it's guaranteed to miss, but if you take your time, it's only probable it will miss...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users