Commander Hatches

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Rarefication #1 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13888 battles
Lucky for me, I don't have many tanks/TDs with big commander hatches. But for those that do--especially the AT players--I feel that the hatch doesn't reflect the damage done to it. After all, you can hit the hatch until you are blue in the face and it's still intact and uncompromised. Now, in reality, if you hit a commander's hatch several times that hatch would disintegrate and there would be nothing left to shoot at. I think it would be more interesting to have actual damage reflected. Perhaps this isn't possible, but it would be cool. 

BusiedBat306 #2 Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9831 battles
  • [MCGS]

I saw something similar to this in a Battle Hero article. It seems WG is open to the idea.

Is it possible to have dynamic damage? For example, you get shot and have a side skirt blown off.

We blow off turrets now so there's no reason why we couldn't blow off other parts. However, that would require remaking a ton of vehicle models.

Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel -

Rarefication #3 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13888 battles

View PostBusiedBat306, on 19 June 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

I saw something similar to this in a Battle Hero article. It seems WG is open to the idea.

Is it possible to have dynamic damage? For example, you get shot and have a side skirt blown off.

We blow off turrets now so there's no reason why we couldn't blow off other parts. However, that would require remaking a ton of vehicle models.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. For me, it's just that the ATs, for example, have a hard time hiding those hatches, so it would be cool that after three or so pens the hatch is blown off. Then the AT could really shine without the worry of hiding the hatch.

RipleyExile #4 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4175 battles

View PostBusiedBat306, on 19 June 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

However, that would require remaking a ton of vehicle models.

So in other words, don't hold your breath.

BusiedBat306 #5 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9831 battles
  • [MCGS]

View PostRarefication, on 19 June 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. For me, it's just that the ATs, for example, have a hard time hiding those hatches, so it would be cool that after three or so pens the hatch is blown off. Then the AT could really shine without the worry of hiding the hatch.

However without the hatch the commander would be either extremely exposed or permanently knocked out, plus the hole would be a massive weak spot for HE being fired from a hill. (Example) Side note: Imagine if it was possible to loose your turret without being killed... Just picture the chassis of a tog aimlessly wandering the map. :trollface:

BusiedBat306 #6 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9831 battles
  • [MCGS]

View PostRipleyExile, on 19 June 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

So in other words, don't hold your breath.

Yeah...

Playboy2K3 #7 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:18 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6570 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostRarefication, on 19 June 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Lucky for me, I don't have many tanks/TDs with big commander hatches. But for those that do--especially the AT players--I feel that the hatch doesn't reflect the damage done to it. After all, you can hit the hatch until you are blue in the face and it's still intact and uncompromised. Now, in reality, if you hit a commander's hatch several times that hatch would disintegrate and there would be nothing left to shoot at. I think it would be more interesting to have actual damage reflected. Perhaps this isn't possible, but it would be cool. 

I'm just glad they nailed the realism of clicking a button to bring people back to life or to repair tracks instantly. 

UnkindGeoduck62, on 28 August 2016 - 03:27 PM, said:

Check your map people!

JoeDaFrogman, on 29 August 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

Because math says shar[ing] damage dealt and shar[ing] damage taken = best way to win

BigHundy #8 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2589 battles
  • [BNT]

If you want "realism" then any true penetrating shot would take out most of the tanks functions and most likely the entire crew would be set on fire lol

It's a game it's not a simulator.

I like pie.

Rarefication #9 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 13888 battles

View PostBusiedBat306, on 19 June 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

However without the hatch the commander would be either extremely exposed or permanently knocked out, plus the hole would be a massive weak spot for HE being fired from a hill. (Example) Side note: Imagine if it was possible to loose your turret without being killed... Just picture the chassis of a tog aimlessly wandering the map. :trollface:

Man, I never thought about that. lol

RipleyExile #10 Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4175 battles
The commander certainly wouldn't be saying that maybe they should come back and try it all again some other time. He'd be getting cleaned up with a mop and bucket.

CORE 1x #11 Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 6083 battles
  • [HARDD]

View PostRarefication, on 19 June 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

A kill shot should not be allowed in the commander hatch...

But then nerf the Americans then....

Dam t29,30,32,34's

So HARDD.

♠️

♠ Monster trucking Pz 5/4 ♠  http://xboxdvr.com/g...k/video/5866659

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users