World of Tanks Console Extreme Weather Variant Maps SURVEY RESULTS!

WEATHER variant maps results console exclusive weather

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

Sovietdeath #141 Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:30 AM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 13788 battles
  • [-RE-]

View PostHis left hand, on 02 July 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

I never get emails from Wargaming...Just checked my inbox from the last three years and the only messages from WG console were the ones sent when someone invites you to a clan. :(

When you signed up did you opt out of thier email system? 

sgtK80 #142 Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20331 battles
  • [-WTH-]

View PostVKSheridan, on 03 July 2017 - 05:15 AM, said:

Good points for sure.  Since the tactics you described don't seem to keep folks from getting shot while optimizing their stats, the complaints persist....LOL

I'm sorry man but you have no idea what you're talking about. On maps with drastically reduced view range with render range still at 564, staying behind somebody, not getting led that way and farming damage from behind is much easier. That makes these games less fun. If one team has more players who fully understand that mechanic, it ends up with 3 min. rollovers. If both teams have players who want to use that for their advantage - you get the most passive gameplay.

80% for weather maps, lol. Murica supreme intelect powered by Cola and MC Donalds. Have fun bois... 

VKSheridan #143 Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14925 battles

View PostsgtK80, on 03 July 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

I'm sorry man but you have no idea what you're talking about. On maps with drastically reduced view range with render range still at 564, staying behind somebody, not getting led that way and farming damage from behind is much easier. That makes these games less fun. If one team has more players who fully understand that mechanic, it ends up with 3 min. rollovers. If both teams have players who want to use that for their advantage - you get the most passive gameplay.

ROFLMAO - Yep, I have no idea what I'm talking about.  Of course, I'm not the one complaining about the maps and begging for their removal mate.  Quite the opposite.  I'm the one gleefully lighting up, exploiting and killing those who think passive cowering in their "safe space" or running out in the open is the right tactic.

Those that do what's "easy" are easy to kill and deserve to get steamrolled.  They can either learn the mechanics and join the fun or they can come here, vehemently swear their skills (and not weather) give them their stats and demand just sunny day maps.

If red played just as passive as the green accuse, the game would end with no kills with both sides camping.  Green ain't complaining because they live too long bro.  They're complaining because red is exploiting all that tank they've exposed and blaming the weather instead of understanding the red that shot them learned to play that weather......

sgtK80 #144 Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20331 battles
  • [-WTH-]

View PostVKSheridan, on 03 July 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

ROFLMAO - Yep, I have no idea what I'm talking about.  Of course, I'm not the one complaining about the maps and begging for their removal mate.  Quite the opposite.  I'm the one gleefully lighting up, exploiting and killing those who think passive cowering in their "safe space" or running out in the open is the right tactic.

Those that do what's "easy" are easy to kill and deserve to get steamrolled.  They can either learn the mechanics and join the fun or they can come here, vehemently swear their skills (and not weather) give them their stats and demand just sunny day maps.

If red played just as passive as the green accuse, the game would end with no kills with both sides camping.  Green ain't complaining because they live too long bro.  They're complaining because red is exploiting all that tank they've exposed and blaming the weather instead of understanding the red that shot them learned to play that weather......

K man... I'm just gonna end this before the stats shaming will start, lol.

And btw, me begging? Lol. I'm a client man, I choose what I want to play and buy. I don't know, maybe after Clintons and Obamas you guys forget what capitalism is about.

80% for weather maps, lol. Murica supreme intelect powered by Cola and MC Donalds. Have fun bois... 

VKSheridan #145 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14925 battles

View PostsgtK80, on 03 July 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

And btw, me begging? Lol. I'm a client man, I choose what I want to play and buy. I don't know, maybe after Clintons and Obamas you guys forget what capitalism is about.

Really?  You're going to stop before you have to stat shame me?  Go for it.  You have nothing to "shame" me with as I openly admit and my stats show I am not a great player.

What would be the point other than to show you will go as far as stat shame rather than learn to adapt to a map?  

Is the point you want to make is that you are so good that shouldn't have to tolerate scrubs like me who are okay with learning how to kill on those maps even if it means I'm willing to die trying?  

Sorry bro but calling my stats junk will not help anyone understand why you can't/won't adapt.  I doubt that will help you come to realize the demands of a minority few are not more significant than the majority of players who are also clients.  (Which proves capitalism is alive and well amigo)

You are certainly welcome to try though, I'd love to hear the spin.

PS - If I totally misread your statement, my apologies.  I'm trying to learn how to read sarcasm and seriousness and am lousy at that too.....LOL

DANCING FLAMES #146 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 31548 battles

View PostBumpmyStump, on 21 June 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

I never received any serveys to vote on.. but I agree with most of the answers here. I have ZERO issues with the weather maps and I am glad that they will stick around !  Now for complete DARK maps with no moon or whatnot for night variants !! 

Yup headlights, and night vision in sniper view. :great:

DANCING FLAMES #147 Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 31548 battles

View PostsgtK80, on 03 July 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

Lol dont forget the Bush's They werent exactly fiscally responsible or friends of capitalism either. 

sgtK80 #148 Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20331 battles
  • [-WTH-]

View PostVKSheridan, on 03 July 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Really?  You're going to stop before you have to stat shame me?  Go for it.  You have nothing to "shame" me with as I openly admit and my stats show I am not a great player.

What would be the point other than to show you will go as far as stat shame rather than learn to adapt to a map?  

Is the point you want to make is that you are so good that shouldn't have to tolerate scrubs like me who are okay with learning how to kill on those maps even if it means I'm willing to die trying?  

Sorry bro but calling my stats junk will not help anyone understand why you can't/won't adapt.  I doubt that will help you come to realize the demands of a minority few are not more significant than the majority of players who are also clients.  (Which proves capitalism is alive and well amigo)

You are certainly welcome to try though, I'd love to hear the spin.

PS - If I totally misread your statement, my apologies.  I'm trying to learn how to read sarcasm and seriousness and am lousy at that too.....LOL

Yup, you misread it totally. Nothing new though, I'm getting used to that. 

VKSheridan #149 Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14925 battles

View PostsgtK80, on 03 July 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yup, you misread it totally. Nothing new though, I'm getting used to that. 

Sorry bro.  My sincerest apologies.  I owe you a cold one......

His left hand #150 Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27659 battles

View PostSovietdeath, on 02 July 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

When you signed up did you opt out of thier email system? 

Fairly certain that I was never given the option of opting out. When you say signed up, do you mean downloaded the game for the first time?
Šiñísʈeȑ Ďḗuɱ ᶂẫçere

WarriorRacer2 #151 Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9594 battles
  • [CELTS]
Glad to see the results thank you when. I was one of the ones in favor of the extreme weather maps. I'm glad to see I wasn't alone.

Mrbund #152 Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15493 battles

yes, I just love sitting on [edited]while the entire team gets moving (or not moving at all) on an extreme weather map.  lots of fun; more fun than the usual player behavior by far!

lots of fun sitting, waiting.

Ghost Sniper33 #153 Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 2174 battles
more weather!

Strazback #154 Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8395 battles

Why did question 1 have an all of the above option it's makes no sense when every map is selectable it makes it so your numbers are messed up.  It looks like the 50% that selected all of the above also selected each map giving each map over 100% approval rate.  If 65% like a map and 50 like all maps things just don't add up.

A lot of times I let people know that you can hold the back button and turn the compass into a full map which shows the whole map you view range and camo range (the range at which you get spotted which is dynamic with movement and camo nets).  So how many of the 125k actually understand these game mechanics?   And how accurate are these results in question 3?

Most times that I see the weather maps are at the higher tiers so question 6 about frequency can be greatly skewed by the amount of low tier players you polled and how many times they see these weather maps.  The first  time I saw derpenburg blizzard I said omg awesome the river is frozen this opens up the map greatly and the reduced view range helps cross the open kill zones that get dominated by tds.  How much of this can be chaulked up to that new map smell?

My 2 cents.  These weather maps are great on maps dominated by broken camo tds.  They should start at tier 6 because below that view ranges and the amount of players who truely understand view range are low,  completely changing the characteristics of the game doesn't help new players learn.  If these maps reduce game mechanics why doesn't rain and night also?  What were the criteria for being selected?  I've bin playing almost daily since I got my xbone and have been a member of the community as a whole since I believe 2013.   Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next one.

Also tagged with WEATHER, variant, maps, results, console, exclusive, weather

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users