The worst problem in the game is ...

trolls more trolls

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

loki131313 #1 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25175 battles

So I've been an occasional participant in the threads, and I'm throwing this out there. I've read (and occasionally participated in) many of the discussions about problems in the game, and, IMO, there's only one really serious problem. Allow me to explain-

The usual problems are listed, in some order, as Arty, Unbalanced Play, Bad Play at Tier X, Too many Noobs, Not enough Noob Retention, Game of Triangles, Base Camping, Bad Capping, and various permutations of "WG just wants to take our money by ... (insert reskins, anime tanks, tank packages, etc.)."

But I've found all of these to be fairly minor, for me. One thing I've always been glad about is that, on the PS4 (NA-East) I've almost never encountered actual trolling. Sure, there's the rando "follow and shoots," and a few times I've been pushed out of a good position, but AFAICT, trolling is almost non-existent. 

However, this past weekend, I was rushing up a hill on Westfield (north spawn- going up east hill to get to spotting location in SE) to go and spot the reds. A TD and I touched sides- no big deal. It slowed us down. It slowed us down enough that a fast heavy went past us and then stopped, horizontally, blocking us. I waited a few seconds to see if he would move.

Nope. So ... I started backing slowly. He began rotating, and I thought I'd go around him. As I began to move forward, the tank (my teammate) moved forward and began pushing me back down the hill. All the way down the hill. When I tried to turn, he matched, until I was all the way down. So I waited at the bottom. After, again, a little while, I began going back up the hill. Guess what? He rushed back down and hit me down again. Great. 

So ... the rest of the team was decimated. By the time I could re-deploy, it was already over. I took out their arty (might as well!) in a defeat. But man.... I have never been so angry at this game. So angry that I actually bothered to learn to upload the video clips from my system and use the reporting system. 30+ minutes that I could have been having fun so I could understand how to document and report physics abuse. 

And that's the thing. Anything else is not a big deal (IMO). But if trolling becomes prevalent, I'm out of here. A game is only as healthy as its player base. 

So that's my two cents. I always assume that bumps, etc. are accidental- after all, I run into people by accident myself, even though I try not to. Always assume the best! But if the game gets infected with the same sort of toxic saltiness we sometimes see here, noob retention will be the least of our worries.

(And, in accordance with forum rules, no clan or individual will be named)

allhavoc #2 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 50333 battles
  • [10SR]
happens once... is instantly the worst thing in the game, yeah k

[10SR]  

loki131313 #3 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25175 battles

View Postallhavoc, on 26 June 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

happens once... is instantly the worst thing in the game, yeah k

I could have added all sorts of things that people complain about. Fail platoons? Matchmaking? RNG? But to be honest, all of those are things that don't really bug me. I can live with, inter alia, teammates that camp base to increase their stats. It's a lot less fun when your own team is spending good parts of the game making your own game play more difficult. 

As I wrote- it's not a big problem right now. But this is the one thing that would cause me to stop playing, if it continued. YMMV. 

Baardgier #4 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24503 battles

View Postloki131313, on 26 June 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

I could have added all sorts of things that people complain about. Fail platoons? Matchmaking? RNG? But to be honest, all of those are things that don't really bug me. I can live with, inter alia, teammates that camp base to increase their stats. It's a lot less fun when your own team is spending good parts of the game making your own game play more difficult. 

As I wrote- it's not a big problem right now. But this is the one thing that would cause me to stop playing, if it continued. YMMV. 

Your biggest problem with the game is one of the few problem that can't ever fully be addressed. People will always find a way to be [edited].

Former Account: HappeningShrimp

58 Tanks with 3 MoE (100% MoE have **)

Spoiler

Sparrowhawk1970 #5 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20382 battles
  • [CAT-1]
I've had that happen twice over the last 1 1/2 years.  I figured it was because of my Clan Tag or I wrecked them in a previous game.  You did the right thing; capture the video and report.  WG compensated me for my troubles, hopefully they do the same for you.

Zulu Calm #6 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19654 battles
  • [BNKR]

If you leave because of that, the troll wins. It does happen but is very rare and is simply arch toolery and scumbagness.

The troll will go through life being a small minded, silly fecker. That must be a terrible thing, to live your life like that. 

So ignore, rise above it and carry on tanking. That's the best thing.

Edited by Zulu Calm, 26 June 2017 - 04:37 PM.

Sig image created by the remarkably talented xRoni7x

I'm also a subscriber to another great WOT forum The Bunker http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

and a proud member of The Bunker clan (BNKR)

Cobravert #7 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

This kind of thing does happen a little too frequently.

On XB1 I can record and send the game vid to WG with an explanation of what happened on one of their support tickets. Thus far , in every instance I have, they have taken "the appropriate action" against the offending team mate. And I have had the opportunity to send several. It's physics abuse. I have no idea why these morons do things like this (most have tried to team kill me by pushing me off my perch spotting on ridges and cliffs), and they're never anyone I've ever done anything to. It's almost always right at the beginning of the game, and I either got somewhere they wanted before they could, or they're just asses.

A couple times it been little kids who shouldn't be playing on Grandpa's or Dad's account. Most times it's been full grown people with no regard or remorse for their actions.

Zxyphos #8 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]
Some people play this game for fun. But, their sense of "fun" involves trolling team mates, there belies the problem. If I had a dollar for every time I thought or said "who needs enemies when you have team mates like this?", I'd be well off.

Unkempt #9 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18970 battles
  • [SRT]
Seems fairly rare on PS4, and mostly at the lower tiers. Incidental rubbing doesn't seem like enough of a reason to do what they did. Player was probably projecting some other anger into the game. If it bothered you that much, there's nothing wrong with submitting a ticket.

YouTube

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"

VKSheridan #10 Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 23283 battles
Video and support ticket is the perfect payback.  He walked away laughing, you walked away fuming and WG will take steps to invert that.......

Also tagged with trolls, more trolls

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users