premium rounds are wrecking this game

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Shark Bait 2I #1 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16914 battles

What's the point of having a great heavy tank when a medium, which shouldn't be able to pen you AT ALL, starts slicing chunks of steel off your armor?

Premium rounds nearly throw all the rules out the window. 

The tanks I loved during the beta are PURE CRAP, yeah I said it, C R A P because someone in a lower tier can come along and kill me with P-rounds.

Why bother going through the grind to get an awesome tank when it's armor means NOTHING? Might as well stick to a tier 1. Heck, even that's a waste of time. WG made a huge mistake putting P-rounds in this game. 

We put real money and time into this game to have a great tank with a powerful gun and good armor only to be laughed in our faces for being giant suckers because someone who spent less than half the time you did just bought gold rounds and kicked your butt. 

Something has to be changed or people will dump this game. 

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11875 battles
  • [WGW]
Them shooting you doesn't stop your ability to kill them.

Kuronare #3 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 438 battles
And what? Do you want our mediums and lights to be useless when faced with such a great foe? Any and everyone can buy ACPR ammo. Sure it's not cheap, but it exists. You can't do anything about people using them, nor will WG remove them.

Shark Bait 2I #4 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16914 battles

Oh come on Max. Don't make me point out the obvious. 

Of course I can shoot back, but when half their team is shooting you with gold rounds you last less than 30 seconds. 

So, by the time I've shot at a tank 3 times and done some damage their tanks have ground me into scrap. 

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena

Rarefication #5 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17637 battles
  • [RATT]
"What's the point of having a great heavy tank when a medium, which shouldn't be able to pen you AT ALL..."... we could reverse that and ask what is the point of having a medium when it shouldn't be able to pen a heavy at all.

SteampunkPagan #6 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 80738 battles
  • [HDC]

View PostArrow Cutter, on 04 February 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

What's the point of having a great heavy tank when a medium, which shouldn't be able to pen you AT ALL, starts slicing chunks of steel off your armor?

The tanks I loved during the beta are PURE CRAP, yeah I said it, C R A P because someone in a lower tier can come along and kill me with P-rounds.

Why bother going through the grind to get an awesome tank when it's armor means NOTHING? Might as well stick to a tier 1. Heck, even that's a waste of time. WG made a huge mistake putting P-rounds in this game. 

We put real money and time into this game to have a great tank with a powerful gun and good armor only to be laughed in our faces for being giant suckers because someone who spent less than half the time you did just bought gold rounds and kicked your butt. 

Just remember what this game is really about my friend $$$$$$.

“Who shot him? I asked. The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.” ― Dashiell Hammett, Red Harvest

"Arrête! C'est ici l'empire de la Mort"

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

MaxChaos24 #7 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 11875 battles
  • [WGW]

I could also point out the obvious and say that if your in the open being shot at by that many tanks at the same time, your gonna die regardless of Premium Ammo. Thats not playing very smart. A heavy tank does not make you invincible, you still need to take cover. 

Sounds more like you find yourself exposed a lot and paying the price for it, then trying to blame it on Premium Ammo. 

LateCapnmurphy #8 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12482 battles
you too can purchase premium rounds... and they will still bounce off a correctly angled tank... they're not the be all end all, they are however useful in a situation such as a crappy grind on a stock gun, i bet the 76 on the t29 is far less painful of a grind with a few premium rounds in stock. this problem will eventually correct itself, but there are always gonna be guys who roll around with nothing but premium ammo and gold consumables, just gonna have to deal

DieHardELOFan86 #9 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 8973 battles

View PostArrow Cutter, on 04 February 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

Oh wow a another whine thread I love this... Keep em coming eh!

Signature by METALHELLIONx84, ELO ROCKS !!! thanks METALHELLIONx84 from DieHardELOFan86

Note to all: Do NOT upvote me I am serious... I hate being upvoted if you don't stop I will put all of you on ignore list I AM SERIOUS! (wish downvotes would come back I prefer that.)

FreeSmoothie18 #10 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 5274 battles

View PostDieHardELOFan86, on 04 February 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

Oh wow a another whine thread I love this... Keep em coming eh!

So true lol

BrownTrout79 #11 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8725 battles
  • [WLNP]
Premium are available to you as well. Stop crying and pen them with premium rounds. (Aka do more damage rounds)

Kuronare #12 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 438 battles

View PostBrownTrout79, on 04 February 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

Premium are available to you as well. Stop crying and pen them with premium rounds. (Aka do more damage rounds)

ACPR don't necessarily do more damage than regular AP rounds. The only major difference is the penetration rate, the damage is in fact lower. Though this is dependent of your tank.

DoubleDown13 #13 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 7176 battles
Yeah he was pissed! Lol sorry you were killed, we won though! 

MrGrenadeMcBoom #14 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9292 battles
  • [VGC]
Next thing you know it'll be all Arty is ruining the GAME!!!! RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE!

"Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss."

LateCapnmurphy #15 Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12482 battles

View PostMrGrenadeMcBoom, on 04 February 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

Next thing you know it'll be all Arty is ruining the GAME!!!! RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE!

i am kinda tired of arty singling me out, dunno if it's paranoia or what but i swear i have eyes on me constantly.

t14s are worth more xp you guys, and if they aren't they should be, kill them!

Ruthless4u #16 Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11518 battles
  • [SKREB]
People who cry and cry about every little thing and make no real contribution are ruining this game. Wonder who that sounds like in this thread.

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

Please donate to Aperts international 

http://www.apert-international.org

KING FROG #17 Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14543 battles

View PostMaxChaos24, on 04 February 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

I could also point out the obvious and say that if your in the open being shot at by that many tanks at the same time, your gonna die regardless of Premium Ammo. Thats not playing very smart. A heavy tank does not make you invincible, you still need to take cover. 

Sounds more like you find yourself exposed a lot and paying the price for it, then trying to blame it on Premium Ammo. 

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. My thoughts exactly. .............also, i say...premium rounds are like women...

giaka #18 Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:28 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 41098 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostArrow Cutter, on 04 February 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

I should have the ability to buy reactive premium armor.

WG Balance 101, If a tank has a high survival rate, nerf its gun.

FullBattlRattle #19 Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6105 battles
Somebody call the Waambulance.  The whining must stop...

ExaminedGORE #20 Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]
Watch out! We got obvious troll over here! \.O./

Check out my DeviantArt. World of Tanks fanarts || Fractals || My childhood sketchs  : )  

"I can't even be bothered to reply anymore the tinfoil hat is to thick to get through" ~ A dapper kiwi, 05 October 2015

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users