39 replies to this topic

greyweasel UK #21 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17576 battles

View Postbigalternation, on 14 May 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

I second this bump!  

And I like the new page alot.  Stay strong and keep up the amazing work

Thank you, that means a lot. :teethhappy:  Catching up on an Independence set atm a compliment to the E4, a set of six... 

xxBattleroyAL #22 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17626 battles
Would it be okay if I used one of the E4 images as my profile photo for the forum & xbox?  

greyweasel UK #23 Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17576 battles

View Postbigalternation, on 14 May 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Would it be okay if I used one of the E4 images as my profile photo for the forum & xbox?  

Sure go ahead :) If anyone asks, you know what to do.

Gallant Prime #24 Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:06 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 44710 battles
  • [47R]
So with the Mercs coming out, will you have any Merc ideas/concepts to share?

xxBattleroyAL #25 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:11 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17626 battles

Bump!

I saw your recent update on your weebly art webpage & saw your art vs what WG put into the game's reskins.

Yours are 1000000x better!  

greyweasel UK #26 Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:06 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17576 battles

View PostGallant Prime, on 08 June 2018 - 02:06 AM, said:

So with the Mercs coming out, will you have any Merc ideas/concepts to share?

Got a few ideas on back burn, although I find the idea of making casemates out of tanks that don't have an equivalent more appealing.

View PostxxBattleroyAL, on 12 June 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

Bump!

I saw your recent update on your weebly art webpage & saw your art vs what WG put into the game's reskins.

Yours are 1000000x better!  

Cheers dude, I appreciate that. :)

Bump! Couple more added to concepts.

greyweasel UK #27 Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:15 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17576 battles
Bump, gold E-25 added to the list & new Instagram link onto me sig!

xxBattleroyAL #28 Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:47 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17626 battles

View Postgreyweasel UK, on 11 May 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

Bump. Tiger skins 3 added plus update to the FV4202 & WZ-111.

Also I have a new page up through the revolver sig, check it out and let me know whatcha think.

Cheers :honoring:

I happened to notice on someone's youtube gameplay of Blitz and saw your artwork!

https://wotblitz.com...34_hvy_Freedom/

greyweasel UK #29 Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:15 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17576 battles
Bump, added Centurion AX piece to the list! 

Desyatnik Pansy #30 Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

I figured it was better to put it here than bump the casemate thread from back in March. Having completed his WZ-120 Remodel now, it looks like Milky is turning his attention back to the FV TD. A few bits and bobs have been added since back in March.

Spoiler

Milky is also now learning to make renders-whatever, so it may even get a sexy image like this in the future. Hoping he continues to work on it rather than sidelining it again for something else. :P

Spoiler

I am a PC Player who randomly posts on here sometimes. 

I also do mod stuff. You can see some of it here.

greyweasel UK #31 Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:01 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17576 battles

View PostDesyatnik Pansy, on 10 July 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

I figured it was better to put it here than bump the casemate thread from back in March. Having completed his WZ-120 Remodel now, it looks like Milky is turning his attention back to the FV TD. A few bits and bobs have been added since back in March.

Spoiler

Milky is also now learning to make renders-whatever, so it may even get a sexy image like this in the future. Hoping he continues to work on it rather than sidelining it again for something else. :P

Spoiler

Nice, I hope he keeps at it too, looking good with the additional detail. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next, keep us posted Pansy. :great:

Got another set of casemates in the works I should get back to, including a Jumbo with a 120 mm, Type 5 with a 240mm short howitzer, and a Tortoise revamp (along the lines of merc territory, being partially cased in concrete).

Desyatnik Pansy #32 Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

View Postgreyweasel UK, on 10 July 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

Got another set of casemates in the works I should get back to, including a Jumbo with a 120 mm, Type 5 with a 240mm short howitzer, and a Tortoise revamp (along the lines of merc territory, being partially cased in concrete).

On the Jumbo, something like this I'm assuming? :P

Spoiler

I found a model thread awhile back with a lot of random casemate stuff. Some of them are really neat, I'll link the thread for your interests (I think there was another too, but not sure).

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6695.0

Also on the Type 5, this comes to mind. :teethhappy:

Spoiler

That Type 5 Thing is kinda depressing tho, as we just got the Japanese TD Line essentially confirmed (albeit, a second time I think) yesterday from a Q&A, but apparently they don't seem to care about leggasiini's pretty accurate proposals (AFAIK, only his Tier IX/X Are iffy at best, but are still somewhat grounded), and the above is apparently what the Japanese community proposed for the Tier X TD (obviously, completely unhistorical).

EDIT: I'm not sure if the textures are final yet, but nonetheless:

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik Pansy, 12 July 2019 - 12:19 AM.

greyweasel UK #33 Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:25 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17576 battles

View PostDesyatnik Pansy, on 10 July 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

On the Jumbo, something like this I'm assuming? :P

Spoiler

I found a model thread awhile back with a lot of random casemate stuff. Some of them are really neat, I'll link the thread for your interests (I think there was another too, but not sure).

http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=6695.0

Also on the Type 5, this comes to mind. :teethhappy:

Spoiler

That Type 5 Thing is kinda depressing tho, as we just got the Japanese TD Line essentially confirmed (albeit, a second time I think) yesterday from a Q&A, but apparently they don't seem to care about leggasiini's pretty accurate proposals (AFAIK, only his Tier IX/X Are iffy at best, but are still somewhat grounded), and the above is apparently what the Japanese community proposed for the Tier X TD (obviously, completely unhistorical).

EDIT: I'm not sure if the textures are final yet, but nonetheless:

Spoiler

Yeah! Similar to that Sherman layout, love that page, so much casemate inspiration, like Centurion Sho't 155 & Type 61 would like to see those in game. 

Not far off with that Type 5 TD, that gun is bloody huge though :teethhappy:, I was thinking more a mobile assault gun, like a Sturmtiger, with a Type 2605 howitzer.

And damn that FV looks sexy, I mean if that texture ain't finished I can't wait to see the final one! Curious to where the driver periscope is though.

Desyatnik Pansy #34 Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

View Postgreyweasel UK, on 15 July 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

And damn that FV looks sexy, I mean if that texture ain't finished I can't wait to see the final one! Curious to where the driver periscope is though.

"Viewport added, tools moved and textures adjusted"

Spoiler

Oh it looks so good in-game.

Spoiler

Final version:

Spoiler

He did acknowledge tho that he failed to replicate this part since he missed it, and might in the future edit it to fix it. Distant future that is. As it is though the model is great anyway.

Spoiler

Edited by Desyatnik Pansy, 20 July 2019 - 12:26 AM.

Desyatnik Pansy #35 Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

So we've also started messing around with a name for it. From a guy on the RSR Discord we've come up with the name "FV4206 CTR (Casemate Test Rig) Contender", pardon that on the images I messed up and accidentally still called it the FV4202. Since it's your tank though, Milky proposed I should ask you what you might think.

Spoiler

Also, I was testing trying to match your camo as closely as possible. I decided to mess with it and make it less of a simple wave scheme and modified it a bit, though no matter what I don't think I'll be able to match the tiling.

Spoiler

greyweasel UK #36 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:54 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17576 battles

View PostDesyatnik Pansy, on 20 July 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

So we've also started messing around with a name for it. From a guy on the RSR Discord we've come up with the name "FV4206 CTR (Casemate Test Rig) Contender", pardon that on the images I messed up and accidentally still called it the FV4202. Since it's your tank though, Milky proposed I should ask you what you might think.

Spoiler

Also, I was testing trying to match your camo as closely as possible. I decided to mess with it and make it less of a simple wave scheme and modified it a bit, though no matter what I don't think I'll be able to match the tiling.

Spoiler

I think I'm blinded by the beauty of it to pay much mind to the tiling issues, I can see the look you're going for anyway, such a sweet combo those BATUS colours. So what would need to done there? Looks a bit like tessellation.

But yeah stunning work! The view port is the cherry on the cake :teethhappy: and that glamour shot is fab, got it as my desktop backdrop. I had a look for an 'FV4206', only thing of note I could find was some youtube vid for a Russian streamer who didn't notice the wide slip on the keyboard;

Image result for fv4206

...So I think it's safe to say claiming the designation for the Contender is a much more noble use. :honoring: I've been wanting to use the title Candour for a vehicle but I'm not certain it would match this one, it's a sharp low profile TD, not blunt or unreserved, think that would suit a heavy brawler more.

See now I can't wait to see updates on the SU-115-62 mod, you've whetted my appetite on this front!

Desyatnik Pansy #37 Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 94 battles

View Postgreyweasel UK, on 21 July 2019 - 03:54 AM, said:

I think I'm blinded by the beauty of it to pay much mind to the tiling issues, I can see the look you're going for anyway, such a sweet combo those BATUS colours. So what would need to done there? Looks a bit like tessellation.

But yeah stunning work! The view port is the cherry on the cake :teethhappy: and that glamour shot is fab, got it as my desktop backdrop. I had a look for an 'FV4206', only thing of note I could find was some youtube vid for a Russian streamer who didn't notice the wide slip on the keyboard;

...So I think it's safe to say claiming the designation for the Contender is a much more noble use. :honoring: I've been wanting to use the title Candour for a vehicle but I'm not certain it would match this one, it's a sharp low profile TD, not blunt or unreserved, think that would suit a heavy brawler more.

See now I can't wait to see updates on the SU-115-62 mod, you've whetted my appetite on this front!

Well now that I know the camo scheme I'll probably modify it a bit more now. :P

The FV4206 Designation probably comes from being the missing link here:

It's a bit funny to me using that image as a desktop background because that's before any fixes. Here's a comparison between what the camo looks like on the Contender vs. how it should look:

Spoiler

The tiling has since been doubled and the paint fixed. Basically, as it replaces the CDA, by default the camos are all coloured in a way to work with the French base blue. The Contender obviously is not that colour, so camos and such end up with the wrong colours. That's been fixed though, so now it works as intended. Both fixes are actually present on my screenshot above with the BATUS Colours.

Hilariously, after uploading it we started randomly proposing a branch of tanks (I think Frost started it). The Contender as Tier VIII, the Centurion casemate as Tier IX, Jagdchieftain (though maybe a modification, because as it is it just looks like a big ugly brick) and weirdly the Contentious as a Tier VII. It's all fun and games mind you. :P

Unfortunately on the SU-115-62, I think I mentioned it before atleast that for now it's probably gonna be up in the ether indefinitely. The original idea was for TheFalkonett to experiment with it if the SU-122-54 Was the Frontline reward tank or something (as it had recently reappeared with a new HD Model). However, that's not the case, we're getting the AEP Phase I Instead and there's been not a single piece of information on the 122-54 Since then AFAIK. Milky hasn't professed any interest in picking it up and once again after the Contender thing, MrEdweird was asking what tanks it would work for, but Ed to my knowledge can't do custom modelling to the same extent Milky or Falkon can.

Maybe if the SU-122-54 Finally appears or something, but who knows. For now though I can sadly say for certain that nothing is happening with it.

choppermeir #38 Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:42 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9496 battles
  • [FILTH]
Absolutely fantastic work, I'd love to be able to buy these in game it would just make our tanks feel more special 
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

Cpl Derren #39 Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28087 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostDesyatnik Pansy, on 19 July 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

PLEASE submit this to WGCB!! 

Come watch me on Twitch! Simply search: cpl_derren

Check out my YouTube channel WoTC Academy!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCURXxiHul8a_9hRcgfpmA

greyweasel UK #40 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:20 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17576 battles

View PostDesyatnik Pansy, on 21 July 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Well now that I know the camo scheme I'll probably modify it a bit more now. :P

The FV4206 Designation probably comes from being the missing link here:

It's a bit funny to me using that image as a desktop background because that's before any fixes. Here's a comparison between what the camo looks like on the Contender vs. how it should look:

Spoiler

The tiling has since been doubled and the paint fixed. Basically, as it replaces the CDA, by default the camos are all coloured in a way to work with the French base blue. The Contender obviously is not that colour, so camos and such end up with the wrong colours. That's been fixed though, so now it works as intended. Both fixes are actually present on my screenshot above with the BATUS Colours.

Hilariously, after uploading it we started randomly proposing a branch of tanks (I think Frost started it). The Contender as Tier VIII, the Centurion casemate as Tier IX, Jagdchieftain (though maybe a modification, because as it is it just looks like a big ugly brick) and weirdly the Contentious as a Tier VII. It's all fun and games mind you. :P

Unfortunately on the SU-115-62, I think I mentioned it before atleast that for now it's probably gonna be up in the ether indefinitely. The original idea was for TheFalkonett to experiment with it if the SU-122-54 Was the Frontline reward tank or something (as it had recently reappeared with a new HD Model). However, that's not the case, we're getting the AEP Phase I Instead and there's been not a single piece of information on the 122-54 Since then AFAIK. Milky hasn't professed any interest in picking it up and once again after the Contender thing, MrEdweird was asking what tanks it would work for, but Ed to my knowledge can't do custom modelling to the same extent Milky or Falkon can.

Maybe if the SU-122-54 Finally appears or something, but who knows. For now though I can sadly say for certain that nothing is happening with it.

Oh right, funny how much that camo works on it's own merit even if it's not displayed as intended, just a strange bright British camo. :teethhappy:

Hm shame, there really isn't a suitable substitute for the 115-62 currently, here's hoping they churn out the 54 some time, not hard to imagine since you know... Russian Bias

I've actually been considering a chieftain casemate for a while (was working on a mock at one stage), a sleeker model based on the ARV design, swept back to keep it in line with the overall design of the chieftain maybe use the FV 4208 designation as a continuation. Although the Chimera TD could be the ultimate iteration of that idea. 

Also tagged with Art

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users