Jump to content


Intuition troubles


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

rick007cmx1 #1 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 46434 battles
  • 2,299
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

Whenever intuition perk is applied, the reticule blooms. A bloomed reticule restarts aiming process. Its silly! 

 Reticule should NOT bloom. Y? Because my loader is intuitive and he loaded the right shell.

 

 Example: My 212A had a HE shell loaded. I am fully aimed in on a Patton. I changed shell to AP, intuition perk applies. Cool i am fully loaded with AP, but my reticle blooms restarting the aiming process; thus,  the advantage of my perk is nullified. 

 

The reticule shoulnt bloom when intuition is applied. Please fix.



BrogueOne #2 Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:56 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12533 battles
  • 2,863
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
If the different shells have different effective range then it will restart the aim when you switch shell types. This happens with my Sexton every time I change ammo because the AP has double the range of the HE. I play a lot of artillery and I think there is always some reticle bloom whenever you switch ammo whether you have Intuition or not.

PS: unless your aim time is longer than your reload then the effect of Intuition is definitely not nullified.

rick007cmx1 #3 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 46434 battles
  • 2,299
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 06 July 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

If the different shells have different effective range then it will restart the aim when you switch shell types. This happens with my Sexton every time I change ammo because the AP has double the range of the HE. I play a lot of artillery and I think there is always some reticle bloom whenever you switch ammo whether you have Intuition or not.

PS: unless your aim time is longer than your reload then the effect of Intuition is definitely not nullified.

U missed the point. U should NOT restart the aiming process when perk is applied. Y? My INTUITIVE loader used ESP and was able to predict the shell i was going to need; hence, loader never had to switch ammo because he guessed right. 

 

  PS: okay not nullified but nerfed, like a FV304 nerf.



Steel Wolf 31 #4 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:29 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 14571 battles
  • 995
  • [VGC]
  • Member since:
    05-02-2014
The loader may have know what shell type you wanted, but the Gunner was aiming for the first shell. 

What ever tactic you use is legit, but if the emey does it then its a cheap unfair OP noob tactic. 

http://www.wotinfo.n...687&server=xbox


BrogueOne #5 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12533 battles
  • 2,863
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
Try switching shells in an arty where your crew doesn't have Intuition. The reticle still blooms when you swap shells. Just because Intuition changes the shell type instantly doesn't mean the effect of switching shell types changes.

Warthog II #6 Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:52 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34571 battles
  • 644
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014

View PostSteel Wolf 31, on 07 July 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

The loader may have know what shell type you wanted, but the Gunner was aiming for the first shell. 

 

Exactly, the shells have an arc and they travel at different speeds.   The loader has the perk, the gunner does not.

 

 It would be weird if the Gunner had a Loader perk.  Radioman with Safe Stowage next?

 

 



rick007cmx1 #7 Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 46434 battles
  • 2,299
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 07 July 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Try switching shells in an arty where your crew doesn't have Intuition. The reticle still blooms when you swap shells. Just because Intuition changes the shell type instantly doesn't mean the effect of switching shell types changes.

Missed the point again!! Pay attention! I loaded HE, switching HE to AP should cause reticle to bloom because the loader opened the breech to change ammo type; hence, he moved gun messing up aiming process.

 

 The reason the perk is called intuition is because loader anticipated the shell your were going to need and loaded it. So when you change from HE to AP, you are NOT switching to AP. AP was already loaded via intuition perk. Since the correct shell--AP--was already loaded the gun breech remains closed. The loader does NOT touch the gun, the gun does not move so neither should the reticule. 

 

. Its just a game, but lets consider a real life example. I am at the gun range with daddy's shotgun. I have birdshot loaded. I take aim. Dad says, "Use buckshot boy." Now I have to lower gun, reload and restart aiming process. If i were INTUITIVE, i would have buckshot loaded already. So i aim at bullseye, Dad says, "Use buckshot boy." Since buckshot is already in the chamber and i am already aimed in, i can shoot without restarting the aiming process.

 

In summary: Switching ammo types should restart aiming process, this simulates loader opening breech to switch ammo and gunner re-aiming. When intuition is applied it should NOT restart aiming process. When intuition is applied, the shell u want is loaded already loaded. Loader does not open the breech and since gun isnt touched, it should already be aimed in the same spot.



rick007cmx1 #8 Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 46434 battles
  • 2,299
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostSteel Wolf 31, on 07 July 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

The loader may have know what shell type you wanted, but the Gunner was aiming for the first shell. 

 

​The commander orders the loader to switch HE to AP. Loader says AP loaded, gunner never knew the commander initially wanted HE. Your theory: 

rick007cmx1 #9 Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 46434 battles
  • 2,299
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostWarthog II, on 07 July 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

 

Exactly, the shells have an arc and they travel at different speeds.   The loader has the perk, the gunner does not.

 

 It would be weird if the Gunner had a Loader perk.  Radioman with Safe Stowage next?

 

 

Shell arc and speed are irrelevant, because the right shell was loaded. In fact the right shell was there the whole time. BTW aiming time is the same no matter what shell is loaded, you should have learned or noticed that within 30k battles. BTW aiming time is same--keeping tank and package constant--no matter the speed of shell. The player compensates for various shell speeds by changing how much lead to pull. U should know this by now.



BrogueOne #10 Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12533 battles
  • 2,863
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View Postrick007cmx1, on 08 July 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Missed the point again!! Pay attention! I loaded HE, switching HE to AP should cause reticle to bloom because the loader opened the breech to change ammo type; hence, he moved gun messing up aiming process.

 

 The reason the perk is called intuition is because loader anticipated the shell your were going to need and loaded it. So when you change from HE to AP, you are NOT switching to AP. AP was already loaded via intuition perk. Since the correct shell--AP--was already loaded the gun breech remains closed. The loader does NOT touch the gun, the gun does not move so neither should the reticule. 

 

. Its just a game, but lets consider a real life example. I am at the gun range with daddy's shotgun. I have birdshot loaded. I take aim. Dad says, "Use buckshot boy." Now I have to lower gun, reload and restart aiming process. If i were INTUITIVE, i would have buckshot loaded already. So i aim at bullseye, Dad says, "Use buckshot boy." Since buckshot is already in the chamber and i am already aimed in, i can shoot without restarting the aiming process.

 

In summary: Switching ammo types should restart aiming process, this simulates loader opening breech to switch ammo and gunner re-aiming. When intuition is applied it should NOT restart aiming process. When intuition is applied, the shell u want is loaded already loaded. Loader does not open the breech and since gun isnt touched, it should already be aimed in the same spot.

I see your point there. But we're not playing a simulator. There are many other perks/skills that make no practical sense or have a comparable real life analog. For example: How does Off Road Driving realistically reduce ground resistances? How does Deadeye increase the chances of module/crew damage? How does Iron Mace reduce the chance of penetration loss over distance?

 

At the end of the day WoTs is basically an arcade shooter and it's a lot more fun to play when you accept that realism really isn't important. Are certain game mechanics a little frustrating? Sure. Is it worth raising your blood pressure over? Probably not.



rick007cmx1 #11 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 46434 battles
  • 2,299
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 08 July 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

I see your point there. But we're not playing a simulator. There are many other perks/skills that make no practical sense or have a comparable real life analog. For example: How does Off Road Driving realistically reduce ground resistances? How does Deadeye increase the chances of module/crew damage? How does Iron Mace reduce the chance of penetration loss over distance?

 

At the end of the day WoTs is basically an arcade shooter and it's a lot more fun to play when you accept that realism really isn't important. Are certain game mechanics a little frustrating? Sure. Is it worth raising your blood pressure over? Probably not.

Although i was in the navy--army knowledge lacking--real life tanks use grousers, spall liners, etc. Wether grousers actually improve off road performance, I dont know. Spall liners do protect tank crews. I could answer you hypotheticals but that is as vexing as chickens on South Coast.

 

WOT is a game that balances realism and fantasy. I believe some realism can be implented to the intuition perk without ruining the fun arcade shooter experience you lemmings hold sacred.

 

Alas this is the SUGGESTION forum, where we SUGGEST changes we would like to see. Some are about bringing realism to certain aspects of the game, others are about reducing realism. Even sci-fi shows must be grounded in some reality. Whenever shows exceed a viewer's suspension of disbelief, the viewer will often be turned off.

 

 


Edited by rick007cmx1, 09 July 2017 - 12:42 PM.


SemiMediocrity #12 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 07 July 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Try switching shells in an arty where your crew doesn't have Intuition. The reticle still blooms when you swap shells. Just because Intuition changes the shell type instantly doesn't mean the effect of switching shell types changes.

Do you often have trouble with simple concepts? Does the elevator reach top floor? WOT forum is available in other languages, perhaps you should use the forum in your native tongue. 



BrogueOne #13 Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12533 battles
  • 2,863
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostSemiMediocrity, on 09 July 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Do you often have trouble with simple concepts? Does the elevator reach top floor? WOT forum is available in other languages, perhaps you should use the forum in your native tongue. 

I appreciate your attempts to troll me. It's cute. Just to be clear I'm an American, Beta Tester, Supertester, IQ of 126, and not impressed with your attitude missy. Thanks for playing.



Warthog II #14 Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 34571 battles
  • 644
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    05-11-2014

View Postrick007cmx1, on 08 July 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

 

 The reason the perk is called intuition is because loader anticipated the shell your were going to need and loaded it. So when you change from HE to AP, you are NOT switching to AP. AP was already loaded via intuition perk. Since the correct shell--AP--was already loaded the gun breech remains closed. The loader does NOT touch the gun, the gun does not move so neither should the reticule. 

 

 

 

Again, it's a perk for the loader.  Not the gunner.

 

If the shells have a different arc, the gunner would need to change the angle of the gun to hit the same spot on the map.

 

The gunner does not have intuition. 



rick007cmx1 #15 Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 46434 battles
  • 2,299
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostWarthog II, on 09 July 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

 

 

Again, it's a perk for the loader.  Not the gunner.

 

If the shells have a different arc, the gunner would need to change the angle of the gun to hit the same spot on the map.

 

The gunner does not have intuition. 

Thanx for playing! U make a fair point, a little. Some bloom is acceptable; however, FULL bloom is unaccetable. I did NOT move the hull.

 

 Different shells have different speeds. The more speed a shell has, the father it travels--more energy. The parabola--not all "arcs" are parabolas--will be longer.

 

Sooooooo, after gunner is told a different shell is already loaded, he must readjust his aim. However, the target is still within the gun's arc. The hull does NOT rotate! All he has to do is elevate or depress the gun a FEW degrees.  Homework assignment: roll out with an arty--haters may use another class--aim in somewhere. Now move your gun up a few degrees, aim in, move gun down a few degrees. Did you get full bloom? Now move gun all the way left--hull stationary--aim in, move all the way right, aim. A lot more bloom huh? Not done yet! Now aim, rotate hull 360 degrees, aim. Thats full bloom. Surely you are not suggesting that my driver has to spin the hull a full 360 just so gunner can re-aim, are you?

 

Next time we will dicuss the effects of wind on shell trajectory and ways a gunner may compensate. 



SemiMediocrity #16 Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostWarthog II, on 09 July 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

 

 

Again, it's a perk for the loader.  Not the gunner.

 

If the shells have a different arc, the gunner would need to change the angle of the gun to hit the same spot on the map.

 

The gunner does not have intuition. 

Oh wow mr big shot can bold-face and underscore the same sentence.



SemiMediocrity #17 Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 09 July 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

I appreciate your attempts to troll me. It's cute. Just to be clear I'm an American, Beta Tester, Supertester, IQ of 126, and not impressed with your attitude missy. Thanks for playing.

[edited]. People with high IQs dont try to convince others they are smart by proclaming their score. Post a pic of your score, Stanford Bennet score. Secondly, IQ test was designed by social scientists, pseudo-science unbounded by physics, nature, and logic.


Edited by SemiMediocrity, 10 July 2017 - 02:28 PM.


rick007cmx1 #18 Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:09 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 46434 battles
  • 2,299
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014

View PostSemiMediocrity, on 10 July 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

[edited]. People with high IQs dont try to convince others they are smart by proclaming their score. Post a pic of your score, Stanford Bennet score. Secondly, IQ test was designed by social scientists, pseudo-science unbounded by physics, nature, and logic.

Thats funny! +1



pepelefrogg #19 Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:55 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28439 battles
  • 450
  • [WOTCS]
  • Member since:
    08-09-2015
My head hurts now like listening to my children argue about which superhero would win in a streetlight Vs which anime character. Please. If I changed ammo and my reload went from 38 seconds to zero I am not b itching about having to spend 5 seconds aiming. Period. If you aren't satisfied with the perk please spend 10 gold and change it to swimming lessons. Ugh

SemiMediocrity #20 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26 battles
  • 259
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014

View Postpepelefrogg, on 18 July 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

My head hurts now like listening to my children argue about which superhero would win in a streetlight Vs which anime character. Please. If I changed ammo and my reload went from 38 seconds to zero I am not b itching about having to spend 5 seconds aiming. Period. If you aren't satisfied with the perk please spend 10 gold and change it to swimming lessons. Ugh

Your head hurts because your feeble mind cant consider a proper argument. Its a perk! Perk is supposed to bestow a benefit, in this case the benefit is lost due to full bloom. OP made that very clear. OP is complain about the ineffectiveness of a perk you idiot. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users