Intuition troubles

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

VKSheridan #21 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14925 battles

View Postrick007cmx1, on 09 July 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

Although i was in the navy--army knowledge lacking--real life tanks use grousers, spall liners, etc. Wether grousers actually improve off road performance, I dont know. Spall liners do protect tank crews. I could answer you hypotheticals but that is as vexing as chickens on South Coast.

WOT is a game that balances realism and fantasy. I believe some realism can be implented to the intuition perk without ruining the fun arcade shooter experience you lemmings hold sacred.

Alas this is the SUGGESTION forum, where we SUGGEST changes we would like to see. Some are about bringing realism to certain aspects of the game, others are about reducing realism. Even sci-fi shows must be grounded in some reality. Whenever shows exceed a viewer's suspension of disbelief, the viewer will often be turned off.

Rick - I can't speak for tanks as I only drive pixel ones but I can say with absolute certainty that grousers provide tractive assistance to bulldozers and tracked loaders/excavators.  They are useless on solid rock or hard flat surfaces but in underfoot conditions that they can penetrate, they improve traction big time....Peace

Warthog II #22 Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34837 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostSemiMediocrity, on 19 July 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

...Its a perk! Perk is supposed to bestow a benefit, in this case the benefit is lost due to full bloom. OP made that very clear. OP is complain about the ineffectiveness of a perk you idiot. 

If ammo capacity or reload times are an issue, there is a benefit.  Instant reload can be worth it for some tanks with crews that already have the more useful skills/perks.

VKSheridan #23 Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14925 battles

View PostWarthog II, on 20 July 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

If ammo capacity or reload times are an issue, there is a benefit.  Instant reload can be worth it for some tanks with crews that already have the more useful skills/perks.

I understand the OP's point if you take the perk in the literal sense.  If the loader KNEW through intuition that the next shell best be a premium and loaded it, by rights the aim should be based on that premonition.  That's assuming the gunner aims during loading though.  If he does, his aim should be for "the premonition shell" and the bloom should stay tight as the OP suggests.

The way the perk is designed though is the same as the gunner zooming in, seeing AP won't work, yelling to the loader to put in a skill shell and the loader saying, "way ahead of you sir!".  Hearing that, the gunner doesn't have to wait the full count of a reload but he does have to adjust his aim for the velocity, droop and weight of the shell.  The bloom must widen while he does that, hence what the OP is seeing.

The benefit is huge.  You come across a tank with the wrong shell, you potentially can have the right shell with just a slight bloom delay versus the long delay associated with a reload.  On quick loading little tanks, not much benefit but on a tank with a twelve second or higher reload?  Huge.  Obscenely huge.

To optimize, swap shells as you approach and before you aim.  Look at the tag of your enemy as you prep to engage.  If your gut tells you you're going to need it, do it BEFORE you aim and the whole bloom issue goes away.  If you wait until certain, it could be too late.

pepelefrogg #24 Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29437 battles
  • [WOTCS]

View PostSemiMediocrity, on 19 July 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

Your head hurts because your feeble mind cant consider a proper argument. Its a perk! Perk is supposed to bestow a benefit, in this case the benefit is lost due to full bloom. OP made that very clear. OP is complain about the ineffectiveness of a perk you idiot. 

The benefit is reducing the time to fire from 38 to 5. kwitcherbiching

SemiMediocrity #25 Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:22 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26 battles

View Postpepelefrogg, on 22 July 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

The benefit is reducing the time to fire from 38 to 5. kwitcherbiching

ROFL! ha ha  you ho ho.

rick007cmx1 #26 Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 46453 battles

View PostVKSheridan, on 19 July 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

Rick - I can't speak for tanks as I only drive pixel ones but I can say with absolute certainty that grousers provide tractive assistance to bulldozers and tracked loaders/excavators.  They are useless on solid rock or hard flat surfaces but in underfoot conditions that they can penetrate, they improve traction big time....Peace

thanx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users