The repair wheel is broken, with proof

Repair wheel broken Game Bugs Game Issues

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

II NO x VICE II #1 Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21973 battles

I am encouraged by all the posters who are in support of this issue. This is something the community wants and it affects the gameplay where we, as players, are unable to properly utilize an in-game feature due to a bad interface and/or design choice.

My view is that when the available repairs come up, the empty slots should be excluded from being select-able and a release of the consumable button should finalize the choice. There are also some excellent ideas/alternates posted in the thread link below. Perhaps the ST players have better thumb dexterity than me, but I am confident that the masses out there do experience issues with this feature as implemented.

I am available for testimony, depositions, face to face, video conferencing, whatever it takes to convince staff that this is a real issue that needs to be fixed right away. I would like to formally request the devs, mods, whomever calls the shots here (no politics please), to look at the video and understand how this issue affects gameplay.

Video: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II%20NO%20x%20VICE%20II/video/34019170

Forum Responses: Can we fix the repair wheel ... please?

As this is the proper place to report this, WG devs, mods or whomever it may concern, you are requested to advise and respond.

:honoring:

UnbudgingHarp79 #2 Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34149 battles
Looks familiar.

WG Vindicator #3 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:32 PM

QA Analyst

• WG Staff
  • 88 battles

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 14 July 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

I am encouraged by all the posters who are in support of this issue. This is something the community wants and it affects the gameplay where we, as players, are unable to properly utilize an in-game feature due to a bad interface and/or design choice.

My view is that when the available repairs come up, the empty slots should be excluded from being select-able and a release of the consumable button should finalize the choice. There are also some excellent ideas/alternates posted in the thread link below. Perhaps the ST players have better thumb dexterity than me, but I am confident that the masses out there do experience issues with this feature as implemented.

I am available for testimony, depositions, face to face, video conferencing, whatever it takes to convince staff that this is a real issue that needs to be fixed right away. I would like to formally request the devs, mods, whomever calls the shots here (no politics please), to look at the video and understand how this issue affects gameplay.

As this is the proper place to report this, WG devs, mods or whomever it may concern, you are requested to advise and respond.

Hello,

I'm going to make a ticket to look further into this, while it has been looked into a few times in the past (some changes had been made as well, although those didn't always help as much as they hindered), I think it could possibly be looked into again.

I will say that after watching the video it appears all of the attempts were caused by having the highlighted module changed just before the button was released, causing it to no longer highlight the gun.

Thanks for the post, I'll also pass on the other thread. :honoring:

Edited by WG Vindicator, 15 July 2017 - 10:32 PM.

killer etzi0 #4 Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 39353 battles
  • [47R]

View PostWG Vindicator, on 15 July 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hello,

I'm going to make a ticket to look further into this, while it has been looked into a few times in the past (some changes had been made as well, although those didn't always help as much as they hindered), I think it could possibly be looked into again.

I will say that after watching the video it appears all of the attempts were caused by having the highlighted module changed just before the button was released, causing it to no longer highlight the gun.

Good to hear/see you folks are going to look at the repair wheel situation. When there is only one module broken and I hit the button to repair said module, there is no reason for the wheel to even come up at all. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

Mrbund #5 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:24 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15493 battles

Would be nice to make the repair wheel work better in general.

Also, it would very helpful if the commander would tell you what modules have been taken out (or, at least some of them, like ammo rack).

jkblackhawk #6 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37552 battles
Even fire extinguisher been broken lately though and I think they broke driver skills and perks.

Rubbelito #7 Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12535 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostWG Vindicator, on 16 July 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

Hello,

I'm going to make a ticket to look further into this,

Finally!

We've been saying this for as long as I've been around, and probably long before that too. :)

Good work getting the attention at last, NO x VICE! :honoring:

[TNT] Scorpions

Youtube channel

II NO x VICE II #8 Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21973 battles

View PostWG Vindicator, on 15 July 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

Hello,

Thanks for your response. It would be a net positive if this was seen as an issue of a user interface being more difficult than it needs to be. Only the first selection attempt appears to be consistent with what you stated as the cause.

Just wanted to add to the highlighted part from your response:

Even if the selection changed at the last millisecond, it should have been one or the other (there were only two selections possible). The selection should not be allowed to move needlessly to non-repairable slots.  In this manner, it would have prevented an oversensitive motion/joystick to cause this issue. It might still cause the same issue for adjacent slots, for example, but it would definitely cut down on the number of complaints for sure.

Since a circular arrangement exacerbates this issue, perhaps a preference based add on to the present selection system might lessen the number of incorrect or non selections.

Edited by II NO x VICE II, 16 July 2017 - 04:20 AM.

Rubbelito #9 Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12535 battles
  • [TNT]

Don't forget to make the same changes to the crew med kit "repair". It's often nearly impossible to even see which crew member needs healing in the healing wheel.

Remove the undamaged ones there as well.

[TNT] Scorpions

Youtube channel

II NO x VICE II #10 Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:28 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21973 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 15 July 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Good work getting the attention at last, NO x VICE! :honoring:

Thanks ! I have other issues as well - but waiting to see how WG addresses this one first ...

View PostRubbelito, on 15 July 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

Don't forget to make the same changes to the crew med kit "repair". It's often nearly impossible to even see which crew member needs healing in the healing wheel.

Remove the undamaged ones there as well.

Ah .. that is another issue I was planning on. The icons for the med repairs that I have come across are all circular and not as distinctive. Sometimes, for me, it takes a bit longer to stare and see which one is the one I need fixing. The UI elements graphically less distinctive than they need to be. 

I do agree with your suggestion. Good catch! 

Madness Eternal #11 Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:43 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18438 battles
  • [T-R-U]

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 14 July 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Madness Eternal #12 Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18438 battles
  • [T-R-U]
Hit repairs, get a drop down list, use D pad to scroll down, hit a button to repair selected item, its a simple solution. Drop down list could start with. Tracks, Ammo rack, Engine, Turret, etc. Same can apply to the medi packs, Driver, Gunner, Commander, just make sure that the Radio man is last.

HEAT--54 #13 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5321 battles
X,X fix tracks
X,Y fix ammo
X,A fix gun
X,B cancell
X(hold) repair wheel
X,X(hold) repair wheel

There I fixed it for you WG

Canadian Shogun #14 Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14943 battles
  • [2112]

View PostII NO x VICE II, on 14 July 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

This happens to me all the time!

Tinysyokums #15 Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42131 battles
I have resorted to the button mashing method for the "wheel of death." I mean one time its the "y" button to put a fire out next it's the "b" and so on, and around and around..... " the wheels on the ( WG spend your time and money bus) bus go round and round. round and round", Oh BTW just died again because of lag just as I attempt to engage two red tanks, more silver down the WG slush toilet.

Rubbelito #16 Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12535 battles
  • [TNT]

View PostTinysyokums, on 16 July 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

I mean one time its the "y" button to put a fire out next it's the "b" and so on,

Which button does what depends on in which slot you put the different supplies.

1st slot is X.

2nd is Y.

3rd is B.

I always put rep kit on X and med kit on Y. All my tanks have this exactly the same.

But that doesn't help with the broken wheel once you have several damages though.

[TNT] Scorpions

Youtube channel

Rarefication #17 Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14667 battles
I agree that this needs to be addressed, as we have had to deal with this for far too long. This should be a top priority. 

abehamre #18 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15888 battles
Sure hope they can come up with somthing and make it simple.

Never mind my bad English grammatic and be glad im not writing  Norwegian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users