M10 Wolverine and the Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

DoomDeliverer4 #21 Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11358 battles

I remember reading Murphy's book years ago and really enjoyed it. I actually made a point of visiting his grave in Arlington when I toured the D.C. area a while back. When Fury came out, the last part of the movie vaguely reminded me of the stand Murphy made on the Wolverine. I wonder if the folks who created Fury were influenced by the real life stand by Murphy...and then in true Hollywood fashion embellished it to what it became? At any rate, a very heroic and brave man!

Merry Christmas and happy tanking all!

Sgt Becket FEAR #22 Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostDoomDeliverer4, on 23 December 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

I remember reading Murphy's book years ago and really enjoyed it. I actually made a point of visiting his grave in Arlington when I toured the D.C. area a while back. When Fury came out, the last part of the movie vaguely reminded me of the stand Murphy made on the Wolverine. I wonder if the folks who created Fury were influenced by the real life stand by Murphy...and then in true Hollywood fashion embellished it to what it became? At any rate, a very heroic and brave man!

Merry Christmas and happy tanking all!

Merry Christmas!!! :honoring:

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

deadman1921 #23 Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 29293 battles
  • [-STO-]
He lived right up the road from where I am.

My Father-in-law was in Boles Home Orphanage with his siblings.

He did all that before he was even 21. Awesome warrior and very small.

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

Sgt Becket FEAR #24 Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View Postdeadman1921, on 23 December 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

He lived right up the road from where I am.

My Father-in-law was in Boles Home Orphanage with his siblings.

He did all that before he was even 21. Awesome warrior and very small.

Isn't it funny how small the world can be sometimes?

I hope that the world never has to go through a nightmare like that again, but, if it does, I pray that there will be individuals like him that are ready to step forward.

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

ElCrazyMexDeuce #25 Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:35 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26627 battles

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 14 July 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Didn't know he was that much of a bada**.

Granted, earning the Medal of Honor is an extraordinary feat to begin with. I didn't know he was that decorated though.

That's awesome!! ^_^

You should read the book, same title as the movie "To Hell and Back". Its much more informative. The book stated that the germans initially did not know where the fire was coming from because the tank Audie Murphy was on was burning and they thought the ammo was gonna blow at any moment and they thought only a mad man would be on the tank.

Audie Murphy was also denied enlistment in the Marines, Air Corps and (if I remember correctly) the Navy due to his size. I think he barely broke 5 feet before he enlisted in the army. Again, this info was from his autobiography, To Hell and Back.

deadman1921 #26 Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:39 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 29293 battles
  • [-STO-]

View PostElCrazyMexDeuce, on 25 December 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

You should read the book, same title as the movie "To Hell and Back". Its much more informative. The book stated that the germans initially did not know where the fire was coming from because the tank Audie Murphy was on was burning and they thought the ammo was gonna blow at any moment and they thought only a mad man would be on the tank.

Audie Murphy was also denied enlistment in the Marines, Air Corps and (if I remember correctly) the Navy due to his size. I think he barely broke 5 feet before he enlisted in the army. Again, this info was from his autobiography, To Hell and Back.

He was also a minor from what I remember.16 or 17 when he joined.

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

SuperSherman44 #27 Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:06 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21787 battles

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 20 December 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Yeah...he actually complained during the filming but they could not find a M10 in time to correct the mistake.

Huh didn't know that:)

I Heart The Sherman (Best tank of WWII)

I got a new Xbox One S so I'm really excited!

R.I.P. Xbox 360 E ~2014-2019

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users