Jump to content


Vindicator Charioteer


  • Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

HybredXero #1 Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:29 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19573 battles
  • 829
  • [BULL]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
The tankopedia page is blank

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

 

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

 


Pontiac Pat #2 Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

    Major

  • WCL
  • 17934 battles
  • 4,730
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2014
That's because they buffed the camo rating.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send me a message.

Marks of Excellence thresholds - http://damagestandings.com


BrogueOne #3 Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:42 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 13033 battles
  • 3,186
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
You sure about that? https://console.worl...ioteer_Dunkirk/

Just went to look and it was all there. You'd be better off looking at the stats with the in-game viewer regardless....more detailed info.

RAGNAR0K N ROLL #4 Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:09 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16690 battles
  • 9,778
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013

View PostPontiac Pat, on 14 July 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

That's because they buffed the camo rating.

 

Logical, everyone complains about gun so let's buff camo


 The Warrior of The Wasteland...The Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla....

Greetings from Westservia

Waggler be Praised!


AnonymousHobo69 #5 Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:10 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 26784 battles
  • 3,550
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
Don't buy it.

100% Damage Standing

Renault G1

T-34-2

Jagdpanzer IV

VK 30.02D


SlavicHammer187 #6 Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:15 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 7371 battles
  • 1,089
  • Member since:
    08-23-2016

The Defiance Matilda is worth it just for the ability to spew pea shooter spammo without losing silver and spread hate and discontent in every battle. It's the British KV1 Capture, pretty much.  The tech tree Matilda is obviously the same way , which is why they are popular when Ops start.  

 

So far a guy in an M2 Medium drowned himself to "protest" the Dunkirk premiums and I got trolled by a guy in a tech tree Matilda.......

 

I haven't played the Charioteer yet......I sold some crap on EBay so I figured I'd get these. 



Pontiac Pat #7 Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

    Major

  • WCL
  • 17934 battles
  • 4,730
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2014
Having played my first game in the Vindicator, I think it's OK.  The aim time and gun handling are much better than the Tech Tree L7 package.  The only thing that was really frustrating was the lack of gun depression (and the crappy greens).

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send me a message.

Marks of Excellence thresholds - http://damagestandings.com


Geordie P #8 Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:30 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 18533 battles
  • 856
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
I'd sooner put £40 in an ashtray and set fire to it.
h

jonnymanz67 #9 Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:41 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 35454 battles
  • 2,210
  • [MDK]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013
I've seen one in game auto locked and one shot from the 15cm on my waffle iv didn't even know what it was til the kill feed came up I had a HE loaded as I was expecting the E100 to pop up that was in that vicinity but that's the only one so far, I don't think there will be many who play it a lot.

CaptainSlow6969 #10 Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:15 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 12752 battles
  • 1,507
  • [R41D]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostPontiac Pat, on 15 July 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Having played my first game in the Vindicator, I think it's OK.  The aim time and gun handling are much better than the Tech Tree L7 package.  The only thing that was really frustrating was the lack of gun depression (and the crappy greens).

 

you do know theres a tech tree version which is much better right? 
WOT

HybredXero #11 Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19573 battles
  • 829
  • [BULL]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostPontiac Pat, on 14 July 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

That's because they buffed the camo rating.

 

I see what you did there.

 

View PostBrogueOne, on 14 July 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

You sure about that? https://console.worl...ioteer_Dunkirk/

Just went to look and it was all there. You'd be better off looking at the stats with the in-game viewer regardless....more detailed info.

 

maybe it's my browser.  been having minor difficulties getting the console stats page to load fully too.  It's working now, but just taking it's sweet @$$ time.  Oh and how does one look at it with the in-game viewer, if one doesn't buy it?

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

 

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

 


BrogueOne #12 Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 13033 battles
  • 3,186
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostHybredXero, on 15 July 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

I see what you did there.

 

 

maybe it's my browser.  been having minor difficulties getting the console stats page to load fully too.  It's working now, but just taking it's sweet @$$ time.  Oh and how does one look at it with the in-game viewer, if one doesn't buy it?

Ah! Go to the Store tab. With the Dunkirk bundle highlighted you should have a Tank Info button down below.....select that(Triangle on PS)! Once it pulls up the viewer you press the right stick to highlight the Vindicator and operate the module/armor viewer like normal.



HybredXero #13 Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19573 battles
  • 829
  • [BULL]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 15 July 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Ah! Go to the Store tab. With the Dunkirk bundle highlighted you should have a Tank Info button down below.....select that(Triangle on PS)! Once it pulls up the viewer you press the right stick to highlight the Vindicator and operate the module/armor viewer like normal.

 

interesting.  will have to check that out.  thanks for that.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

 

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

 


KilroyWasHere17 #14 Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7258 battles
  • 113
  • Member since:
    07-11-2015
I played several hours last night and did not see one Vindicator charioteer. This is the first premium released that I can remember that on its initial release I wasn't seeing at least a couple of them in every tier 8 match I ran.  Wargaming really dropped the ball on this tank. Also I'm sure we didn't get our amx mle 49 or T26e5 this month for July 4th and Bastille day all because of this Dunkirk movie promotion and junk tanks they are offering. I don't even know why the movie would waste their time promoting through this game it is such a small audience that even if every one of bought a ticket would it even really matter.

Pontiac Pat #15 Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

    Major

  • WCL
  • 17934 battles
  • 4,730
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2014

View PostCaptainSlow6969, on 15 July 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

you do know theres a tech tree version which is much better right? 

The tech tree L7 package has better pen/alpha and is one of my favorite.  The Vindicator may not have that sweet hitting power, but the gun works better than the tech tree 20pdr package thanks to some buffs.  In other words, it's a balanced premium - a bit worse than the TT tank, but still serviceable.


If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send me a message.

Marks of Excellence thresholds - http://damagestandings.com


Corrupted Ewok #16 Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16259 battles
  • 3,451
  • [REEK]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostPontiac Pat, on 15 July 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Having played my first game in the Vindicator, I think it's OK.  The aim time and gun handling are much better than the Tech Tree L7 package.  The only thing that was really frustrating was the lack of gun depression (and the crappy greens).

 

The gun depression was the thing i wondered about. If its as "workable" as the tech tree version I'll live out the rest of my days happily never having owned the lolpriced version. Based on the in game stats the only difference I could really see was it has a marginally better ROF. Was also unaware it would have the type A barrel 20 pounder. Thought it was the type B.

 

Pass.


 

 

I want the old Chaffee back.


PLK180W #17 Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 59 battles
  • 5,673
  • Member since:
    10-29-2014

If the Vindicator had been fitted with the type B barrel, PMM and some tweaks to the gun handling,  it could have been interesting. 

 

As it stands though,  it's a joke.

And at that price, a very expensive one.


Through The Mud And Blood To The Green Fields Beyond

Doctor_Who_22 #18 Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9699 battles
  • 2,189
  • [-WHO-]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostPLK180W, on 15 July 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

If the Vindicator had been fitted with the type B barrel, PMM and some tweaks to the gun handling,  it could have been interesting. 

 

As it stands though,  it's a joke.

And at that price, a very expensive one.

This..... 


 


 

"Betty" is my Hellcat, and she's an amazing beast!!   I play for fun, not for stats..... but I always play to WIN!!

 


pingwrx #19 Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15976 battles
  • 991
  • [ODH]
  • Member since:
    01-31-2016

View PostKilroyWasHere17, on 15 July 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

I played several hours last night and did not see one Vindicator charioteer. This is the first premium released that I can remember that on its initial release I wasn't seeing at least a couple of them in every tier 8 match I ran. Wargaming really dropped the ball on this tank. Also I'm sure we didn't get our amx mle 49 or T26e5 this month for July 4th and Bastille day all because of this Dunkirk movie promotion and junk tanks they are offering. I don't even know why the movie would waste their time promoting through this game it is such a small audience that even if every one of bought a ticket would it even really matter.

 

I think that movie is gonna bomb anyways  alot of people are not into those type of movies anymore especially the younger generation.

Pontiac Pat #20 Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

    Major

  • WCL
  • 17934 battles
  • 4,730
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2014

View PostCorrupted Ewok, on 15 July 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

 

The gun depression was the thing i wondered about. If its as "workable" as the tech tree version I'll live out the rest of my days happily never having owned the lolpriced version. Based on the in game stats the only difference I could really see was it has a marginally better ROF. Was also unaware it would have the type A barrel 20 pounder. Thought it was the type B.

 

Pass.

 

Don't let the name A or B barrel fool you.  The stats of the Vindicator's "A" barrel are better than those of the Tech Tree "B" barrel.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send me a message.

Marks of Excellence thresholds - http://damagestandings.com





5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users