• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

HighSpyker #121 Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36114 battles
  • [IRN]

View PostPanthergraf, on 21 July 2017 - 02:04 AM, said:

Are underpowered premium tanks pay to lose? (Vindicator, Stug IV, ISU 130, Kraft Panther, Legion Patton, Kanonenjagdpanzer, Vanquisher...).

There are some OP and also some UP premiums. So is WOT also a P2L game?

I'm running a 72% WR in my Vanquisher I (though it's easy to lose silver when taking on Japanese heavies).  I'm running a 65%WR on the IV, with a respectable 2.16 DC/R, and I never lose money with the IV.

KillDozer33 #122 Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:05 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5581 battles

View PostSgt Becket FEAR, on 21 July 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

LOL that's how they get you :P

I know everyone is gonna say "tinfoil hat time!" but I swear when you get a new tank you get put into a highly favorable match about the 1st 5 times...it happens almost every time to me & I've seen many others say it.

As a matter of fact I'm gonna try it in the free Dunkirk Pz35whatever I just got.:child:

Sgt Becket FEAR #123 Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10423 battles
  • [ROSA]

View PostKillDozer33, on 21 July 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

I know everyone is gonna say "tinfoil hat time!" but I swear when you get a new tank you get put into a highly favorable match about the 1st 5 times...it happens almost every time to me & I've seen many others say it.

As a matter of fact I'm gonna try it in the free Dunkirk Pz35whatever I just got.:child:

Yeah I have noticed that too

Commander of Rosa "Queen of Hearts"

Need help with the Tiger I? PM me or see my guide: Becket's Tiger Guide | Short novel about Rosa: Rosa: Queen of Hearts

TocFanKe4 #124 Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21080 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostKillDozer33, on 21 July 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

It's not tinfoil. It's a feature confirmed by PAINGOD mid 2014 if I remember correctly. They didn't say the number of battles, though. 

I think it depends on server population, and it doesn't work in platoon, though. 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

KillDozer33 #125 Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:53 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5581 battles

View PostKilledByPing, on 21 July 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

There is no overpowered premiums.

There "is" nothing called grammar taught in school anymore too it seems.:rolleyes:

I'm a [edited]I know but when trying to act hard and make a point at least don't make yourself sound stupid...I see it all the time, it's sad but I gotta' laugh.

Feel free to pick me apart now but please understand I don't care.;)

KillDozer33 #126 Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5581 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 July 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

It's not tinfoil. It's a feature confirmed by PAINGOD mid 2014 if I remember correctly. They didn't say the number of battles, though. 

I think it depends on server population, and it doesn't work in platoon, though. 

Well that seriously blows my mind!:D

Does that mean my tinfoil hat was working or should I take it off now? Whenever I listen to the voices in my head when they say "take it off" it gets me into trouble.:trollface:

HighSpyker #127 Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 36114 battles
  • [IRN]

It's usually about the first 10 games.

I was top tier over half of my 1st 10 games in the Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t) n.A.  I think I got a High Caliber or Ace Tanker in every one of my first 5 games in the thing...

Doomsteel #128 Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:59 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1384 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 15 July 2017 - 11:37 AM, said:

If you have to buy something for real money and it gives you any kind of advantage over players who didn't buy said thing for real money it's pay to win. There are different levels of pay to win but it still sits somewhere on the pay to win scale. 

Overpowered premium tanks are a prime example of this. But there's also those crew skills that you could only get when you bought a certain premium tank. An advantage is still an advantage. That said bad players are still going to be bad whatever they're in or whatever advantages they try to use. They'll do slightly better than a bad player that doesn't use those tools but they're still at the end of the day going to suck. 

I don't personally see premium ammo/consumables as a problem as you can buy them for silver. I've never paid gold for them and I never will. I rarely make a loss silver wise even when using premium ammo/consumables. I can see how they can create a gap between those who use them and those that don't but as far as I see it everyone has equal access to them. Choosing not to use them is your own problem. 

Obviously, new players do not have equal access to the things that people who've been playing for 3+ years have. Their crews won't be skilled, they won't have amassed silver reserves to use to fully pimp out all of their tanks, they won't have been able to get the free giveaway premiums that they weren't there for. That can, of course, create a gap between new players and veteran players regardless of individual skill. But that is par for the course in a game like this. There's always progression and there's always someone who's spent longer grinding that you and has access to better stuff as a result. I wouldn't call that pay to win as it has nothing to do with players spending money per say. But it does cause an imbalance of sorts. 

​"But it does cause an imbalance of sorts", kind of an understatement, don't you think? It has EVERYTHING to do with players spending money on those Premium tanks, Store Bought Hero's win nearly every time, they're nothing but Cheat Tanks.  

xXlAmbitionzlXx #129 Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23996 battles

View PostWarsteiner 1, on 15 July 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

Again, as in your other MYTH thread , you still have to be skilled at the game to be able to use the tank at its full potential. No yellow player in the game today is going to be able to buy a Premium tier 8 and magically become purple.

Your sense of "pay to win" is very very misguided .

But lets play hypothetical here , why should a paying customer who has supported the game for several years NOT get some sort of small in game boost as opposed to someone who dosnt sink a single penny into it ?

Because since when was "Purple" the benchmark for defining skill level on this game? 

You do not need to be skilled at the game to use a tank to its "Full potential" *Looks at the US Sexton 1*. 

Technically, If you go by "Extended vehicle stats" Most average (Yellow) players would actually debunk your point of becoming "Magically Purple" when said players have Purple WN8 in said tanks due to low expected averages. 

No they shouldn't. 

Lamme Tak #130 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34646 battles
  • [AZHOL]

This whole discussion is pointless as long as rng dictates how your shots land and dictates this game overall.

I had a break then returned (we all need some r&r..) and I suddenly became aware of it (after playing other games)

Then the awfull players I get stuck with..teams folding faster than a $10 bill in the hands of a junky, flanks huh what's that? heavies in the back pushing my RhamBo out of cover urging me to attack..etc etc.

Also this is the only game where my xbox has to be the only machine connected to the internet or the lag is dramatic.

(and before you start, my native language is Dutch, forgive my granma)

f1mitku #131 Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 47973 battles

There are no OP tanks. They are just balanced and good (just for the instance: the TT Waffle and the DeathStar also are balanced). It's the same for Premiums and they are mostly balanced (like Tiger 131 for instance). So P2W doesn't exist.

But there are UP (under powered) premium tanks - poorly balanced or nerfed too hard (for instance: Matilda BP, FG T-34, The Nameless). They are basically P2L (pay to lose). So I just try to avoid them (but didn't succeed for The Nameless and step on this mine).

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Xenith_Inc #132 Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 6946 battles

Yes, and buying all the most expensive sports equipment automatically makes me the best sportser.

Prem tanks are for XP and silver bonuses.

Have you considered that since prems are bets for XP, that many good players are grinding their crew skills in lower tier prems?

Not everyone driving a churchill III is a newbie.

Edited by Xenith_Inc, 04 September 2017 - 10:24 AM.

+++Generally found on PS4 EU server from 5 - 9pm CET+++

My YouTube Channel

Tempest fox3 #133 Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21039 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postf1mitku, on 04 September 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

There are no OP tanks. They are just balanced and good (just for the instance: the TT Waffle and the DeathStar also are balanced). It's the same for Premiums and they are mostly balanced (like Tiger 131 for instance). So P2W doesn't exist.

But there are UP (under powered) premium tanks - poorly balanced or nerfed too hard (for instance: Matilda BP, FG T-34, The Nameless). They are basically P2L (pay to lose). So I just try to avoid them (but didn't succeed for The Nameless and step on this mine).

The Nameless is anything but pay to lose. It's the strongest tier 8 heavy.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

f1mitku #134 Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 47973 battles

View PostTempest fox3, on 04 September 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

The Nameless is anything but pay to lose. It's the strongest tier 8 heavy.

The Nameless is too nerfed and horrible with this gun depression. It's just not fun to play it this way, for me as average (not unicum) player so it's P2L. In many cases it just can't do anything if the enemy is too close and actually it will shoot the Moon on every small bump on the ground and it's name should be The Useless on the most of the maps with ridges and hills (almost all maps).For instance - I like Liberte quite more for instance (from T-VIII heavies) and also Freedom is better "heavy" in T-VIII for me.
Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Joco3000 #135 Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:55 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26628 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postf1mitku, on 04 September 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

The Nameless is too nerfed and horrible with this gun depression. It's just not fun to play it this way, for me as average (not unicum) player so it's P2L. In many cases it just can't do anything if the enemy is too close and actually it will shoot the Moon on every small bump on the ground and it's name should be The Useless on the most of the maps with ridges and hills (almost all maps).For instance - I like Liberte quite more for instance (from T-VIII heavies) and also Freedom is better "heavy" in T-VIII for me.

The poor gun depression is literally the only downside of this tank.

Five degrees, if I recall, is not great, but it is usable. Having gone down the Chinese line, such poor gun depression doesn't even phase me.

If you're concerned about tanks getting underneath you, hold back a bit. 

You can PM with with questions, if you wish. I don't bite.

Compilation thread of my ideas

TheStallionM4ng #136 Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17857 battles
If WG could please make public a new stat, gold spent per win we could have a bit more to work with. I don't think they will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users