Premium Win rate ops

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Highlordwurm #1 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14417 battles
  • [54-40]

Damn! I don't want to be the guy grumbling about free tanks... but... Three things happen whenever these month long ops for free tanks come out: Behaviour just goes in the crapper, I am never so mad at my team as when one of these ops are on, everyone camps and sacrifices their team for a few points (which is related to point three) or just does general crappy things to teamates, but lets leave that one, as team behavior is pretty subjective (we have all been yelled at by some rager when we think we are doing the right thing but ragey disagrees).  I have realized that if you want to have any fun at all during these ops (never mind actually compete in them) I can only play my best tanks with their best crews... there have been so many of these ops lately I have not been able to grind a tank in forever! There is no way I am running my stock tank with a %75 crew in this enviornment!  Lastly, is any one else having win rate issues?  I am finding whenever these ops come up, althogh all my other stats stay constant (I check WOTINFO ever day, I LOVE charts and graphs!), my win rate takes a nose dive :(. I worked REALLY hard to get it above 50% (50.2 LOL) and every time these come up I dip a little closer to dropping below 50%...

Any one else have this issue with W/R?

RUNNINGDUDE1 #2 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19094 battles
It's always been like this and this is just the peak point before school starts up

Rarefication #3 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14606 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 17 July 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

It's always been like this and this is just the peak point before school starts up

I disagree. I have noticed an increase in self-centric gameplay during these ops too. It's like watching starving dogs fighting over scraps of meat. Sadly, these ops do nothing to promote cooperation or team work, instead they promote bad habits that continue on long after the op ends. For me, it's a different atmosphere altogether.

SoloTreadHead #4 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 28132 battles
  • [3BT]
I have noticed a big difference in overall game play during different times of day. Morning is usually good teams that work together. Afternoon and evening not so much. Does not matter much if there is a win tank op or not. It is a game and I just play it for fun and because I like all of the different tanks and the different way each one plays. 

RUNNINGDUDE1 #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19094 battles

View PostRarefication, on 17 July 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

I disagree. I have noticed an increase in self-centric gameplay during these ops too. It's like watching starving dogs fighting over scraps of meat. Sadly, these ops do nothing to promote cooperation or team work, instead they promote bad habits that continue on long after the op ends. For me, it's a different atmosphere altogether.

Why would you disagree? I've stated before as many times on these threads that it is always like this especially during ops for tanks and in the midst of the summer.

o L 0 g y #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5647 battles
I originally started this game long ago, but didn't play it very long. I enjoyed it and intended to pick it back up later as a fun game to play. I picked it up again about 5 months ago around the time of the Fatherland op. I've noticed since then it's been op after op after op for shiny new items as awards. I'm not really a stats player. I admittedly chase the shiney awards. And even I am feeling like they are introducing these ops at an insane pace. I also see how these ops are impacting game play and behavior. Just at a glace, from 2014 to 2017 there were 22 medals introduced. Now in the last 5 months there have been 27 added. It's becoming a bit overwhelming and never gives a break for people to enjoy the game for what made it popular to begin with. I look forward to breaks from ops so I can finish grinding to Tier 10. And this is coming from someone who likes the medals.

I wish I hadn't stopped playing the game long ago. I feel I would have enjoyed it much more. When it was a team based game instead of individuals stealing kills to complete ops. It's become annoying to play.

Highlordwurm #7 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14417 battles
  • [54-40]

View PostSoloTreadHead, on 17 July 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

I have noticed a big difference in overall game play during different times of day. Morning is usually good teams that work together. Afternoon and evening not so much. Does not matter much if there is a win tank op or not. It is a game and I just play it for fun and because I like all of the different tanks and the different way each one plays. 

Hmm, I was suspicious... I work Mon to Fri 9-5 so I can only play prime time and weekends and that is what I figured...I have actually considered calling in sick just to see what daytime gaming was like, lol! Guess I will wait till summer break is over, though... hope my boss doesn't read the forums...

KillDozer33 #8 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3277 battles

View PostRarefication, on 17 July 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Hmm I forgot about the earn op going on, maybe it's good I can't play. Morning play seems the way to go, lots more folks drunk or high at night too which makes your teams suck.

nickspihlmann #9 Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7026 battles
  • [GUARD]

I'm a little late to this post......  Prime-time and weekends, especially Sunday's are by far THE WORST!!!!  Early morning, early evening (afternoon) and late night are good team play times.  Prime time and weekend, forget it, all YOLOing kids and lemming trains.  Prime expample, (albeit rare occurrence, still good example)  

Playing early morning, get in lobby, me a few guys in game chat are talking a little strategy before the match starts,(focus fire, baiting, good trades, etc.) everything works perfectly, we get them down to last tank, the last red is one shot and right next to teammate I've been chatting with, I passively mention, damn wish he was on my side, thatd be a top gun.  Guy never misses a beat, "no worries, I'll circle him, you kill him"  Very gracious thing for him to do.  

I guarantee that would never ever happen on a weekend or prime-time.  IMO

Highlordwurm #10 Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14417 battles
  • [54-40]

View Postnickspihlmann, on 27 July 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

I'm a little late to this post......  Prime-time and weekends, especially Sunday's are by far THE WORST!!!!  Early morning, early evening (afternoon) and late night are good team play times.  Prime time and weekend, forget it, all YOLOing kids and lemming trains.  Prime expample, (albeit rare occurrence, still good example)  

Playing early morning, get in lobby, me a few guys in game chat are talking a little strategy before the match starts,(focus fire, baiting, good trades, etc.) everything works perfectly, we get them down to last tank, the last red is one shot and right next to teammate I've been chatting with, I passively mention, damn wish he was on my side, thatd be a top gun.  Guy never misses a beat, "no worries, I'll circle him, you kill him"  Very gracious thing for him to do.  

I guarantee that would never ever happen on a weekend or prime-time.  IMO

Wow. Now THAT deserves a battle hero medal!  Ya, just imagine how fun it could be if people played like a team, keep up the good work, we will lead them to utopia by example!

DaresonofBoB #11 Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7685 battles
  • [B-TF]
I had made a similair post earlier on another part of the forums and had nearly gotten trolled for it . I think there needs to be an element added to enforce team play and that is reduce the number to achieve such op in half, and then put a win requirement . With most people being at or near 50% wr it shouldnt take but a couple of extra games to achieve the op.
Only thing is those people who before exployed the ops by sacrificing the team will now have to work harder and longer to achieve the same OP. And those are the trolls who will shut down this idea.

LoganX891 #12 Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17264 battles

View PostRarefication, on 17 July 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

It's like watching starving dogs fighting over scraps of meat.

They should give 30 points for earning a confederate medal during these things. Might help in the team work department.

Rarefication #13 Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14606 battles
Dude, great idea!

Rarefication #14 Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14606 battles

View PostDaresonofBoB, on 28 July 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

I had made a similair post earlier on another part of the forums and had nearly gotten trolled for it . I think there needs to be an element added to enforce team play and that is reduce the number to achieve such op in half, and then put a win requirement . With most people being at or near 50% wr it shouldnt take but a couple of extra games to achieve the op.
Only thing is those people who before exployed the ops by sacrificing the team will now have to work harder and longer to achieve the same OP. And those are the trolls who will shut down this idea.

i still think an assisted damage op would be interesting. 

Also tagged with Premium, Win rate, ops

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users