We need a proper gun sound overhaul! Preferably PC gun sounds.

WoT gun sounds SFX Sound Sounds Sound effects Gun sound effects Overhaul Sound idea Idea

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

VybrBeats #1 Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16611 battles
  • [A_C_E]

PC has gun sounds scaled by the caliber of the gun whereas on Console the 88mm gun on the VK 30 02 D has the exact same gun sound as a 105 cannon on the AMX 30b. We need the same gun sounds or better than PC. I've been watching WoT PC replays and the guns sound are amazing and triple the fun and experience of the game. The smaller caliber guns are still very large guns from a realistic perspective. But some of the smaller guns on WoT console sound worse than pistols. These are brutal, raw steel monsters with massive cannons. Even 76mm guns are huge. But the WoT console gun sounds give the smaller guns no justice and caused me to pay to skip all of the British heavies as I was having no fun with the quiet pistol guns.

PC and even WoT blitz have internal mechanics sound FX like the shell readying in the chamber and the hatch opening after gun shot. From a business perspective an overhaul like this will bring more purchases of lower tier tanks and bring alot of players to and back to WoT console.

scrap the current gun sounds and replace it with the PC gun sounds and internal mechanics SFX or better. Since when do we let a mobile game have better SFX.

Please tell me If this idea is already in production and tell me off for being impatient.

Arran08 II #2 Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:21 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6696 battles
  • [UK]

I support this completely, however with a recent update improving the sounds I doubt it'll come anytime soon. I'm confident 99% of us want console to be more like PC but I'm sure the console staff at Wargaming will simply state to you to 'go play PC then'. 

VybrBeats #3 Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16611 battles
  • [A_C_E]
I would have if I hadn't put lots of money and time into this game getting 22 tier Xs and 2 marking 7 of them. I can't simply throw that into the bin, buy an expensive PC then do it all again.
I'm just simply pushing this point I feel very strongly about. In the hope that it'll be heard and one day come true.
WoT console has changed dramatically and I love where it is going with the grand addition of crew voices and now they're focusing on SFX with new explosion SFX update 3.9. The overall SFX (Gun, engine, internal mechanics etc.) is the last loose end then this game will be in its fullest form for me.

Arran08 II #4 Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:39 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6696 battles
  • [UK]

View PostVulcuren, on 18 July 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

I would have if I hadn't put lots of money and time into this game getting 22 tier Xs and 2 marking 7 of them. I can't simply throw that into the bin, buy an expensive PC then do it all again.
I'm just simply pushing this point I feel very strongly about. In the hope that it'll be heard and one day come true.
WoT console has changed dramatically and I love where it is going with the grand addition of crew voices and now they're focusing on SFX with new explosion SFX update 3.9. The overall SFX (Gun, engine, internal mechanics etc.) is the last loose end then this game will be in its fullest form for me.

It would be amazing! I'm hoping they add in the stats showing how much damage, spotting damage and assistance you get as well

VybrBeats #5 Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16611 battles
  • [A_C_E]

View PostArran08 II, on 18 July 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

It would be amazing! I'm hoping they add in the stats showing how much damage, spotting damage and assistance you get as well

Agreed. Little number cruncher stats that pop up telling you and updating you on your in-game progress. That would be awesome. The ability to keep track of spotting assisted score and overall damage during the game would help with going for marks of excellence and going for ace tanker. Also a last-spotted function on the map will hugely benefit game tactics and playstyle.

VybrBeats #6 Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16611 battles
  • [A_C_E]
But gun sounds first

VybrBeats #7 Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 16611 battles
  • [A_C_E]
https://youtu.be/wCyiaKKcyIg

Here is video demonstrating all the gun sounds in WoT pc scaled by caliber. Even some of the smallest guns sound awesome. This is what I hope WoT console will receive soon

Arqen #8 Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13836 battles
agreed, would also like to see a damage log instead of having the ribbons. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users