Just want to put this out there.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

huckle_berry_vin #1 Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19833 battles
  • [VS]
So this shouldnt be new to any seasoned player but ive been been wrong before lol anyway i digress. I wanted to take the time and make sure players know when and when not to cap the base it seems to be an ongoing issue with greenies when you have atleast 3-4more tanks left compared to the oppostions 1-2 tanks caping shouldnt even be a option "kill em' all" the reason being when you destroy every opponent on the other team you get significantly more xp compared to if you had capped it out i believe its 50% more but im not sure on the exact number and this means the whole team not just the players doing the damage. caping should in my opinion only be used when you are 1. Losing significantly and are clearly out numbered 2.if your trying to make the enemy turn back from their position and be aware of the cap points meaning hop off if its close to caping theres nothing more annoying than having an awesome game and there only being one tank left and your greenies cap on you cutting your xp by 50%!!!  So next time you're in battle and want to cap stop and survey the battlefield are you doing good or really ousting your teammates of well earned xp!!

RuefulCenturion #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24786 battles

View Posthuckle_berry_vin, on 19 July 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

So this shouldnt be new to any seasoned player but ive been been wrong before lol anyway i digress. I wanted to take the time and make sure players know when and when not to cap the base it seems to be an ongoing issue with greenies when you have atleast 3-4more tanks left compared to the oppostions 1-2 tanks caping shouldnt even be a option "kill em' all" the reason being when you destroy every opponent on the other team you get significantly more xp compared to if you had capped it out i believe its 50% more but im not sure on the exact number and this means the whole team not just the players doing the damage. caping should in my opinion only be used when you are 1. Losing significantly and are clearly out numbered 2.if your trying to make the enemy turn back from their position and be aware of the cap points meaning hop off if its close to caping theres nothing more annoying than having an awesome game and there only being one tank left and your greenies cap on you cutting your xp by 50%!!!  So next time you're in battle and want to cap stop and survey the battlefield are you doing good or really ousting your teammates of well earned xp!!

Depends on tanks and how much HP left. 

huckle_berry_vin #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19833 battles
  • [VS]

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 19 July 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

Depends on tanks and how much HP left. 

True but if you easily out number a 8 even with 6's theres no excuse my point being capping should be a last ditch effort used only when necessary 

VKSheridan #4 Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23290 battles

It ain't that cut and dry mate.

If I have enough health to take one more shot, I'll reset but if my tank gets to the red cap with only one 2 hp left, you'll need to get your mates to push me off the cap if the remaining red ain't lit up.  I'm not going to try to chase around the map hoping to come across someone who can easily kill me just because green couldn't kill them in 13 minutes. I'd rather get shot by red on the cap trying to get a win than give red with an easy (and senseless) kill so a mate can have one less competition for his kill.

If the remaining red are lit and it looks like we can kill them swiftly, I'll pull off and on the cap but I won't go far.  If red turns the tide and cap, I want green to have more time off the clock than red can make up.

The "huge" XP the team gets from chasing that one remaining scout for five minutes is a drop in the bucket of the XP green could have earned with a win and getting into the next match.  Nobody likes to mention that, let alone consider it when they're barking at a wounded mate trying to end the match and move on.  Nope, somehow they reason the XP from that one last kill is somehow a higher value than pounding on 15 fresh tanks waiting for them in that next match....

Many a match has been lost by a pair of red tanks eliminating 5 weakened greens chasing kills instead of capping and making red come to them.  Many a match has been lost by tankers trying to get one more kill while three red sit comfortably on the cap and pluck off any limping defenders as they come back.

Many a match has been handed to red when a second green leaves his mate at the cap and then red double caps with nobody close enough to knock them off.

Close enough to cap?  What's lit on the map, where are they and how many unlit are remaining?  If all remaining are lit and can be killed, clear the cap but watch the map and the enemy count.  If the two remaining red overpower your mates and double cap, you handed them the game sitting outside their circle while your buddies padded the reds kill count.  Bravo!

To be clear - I despise early caps as much as I despise an undefended green cap but a late cap has a lot more things to consider beyond trying to make every battle an encounter match.    A lot more things to consider.  Peace.

huckle_berry_vin #5 Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19833 battles
  • [VS]

View PostVKSheridan, on 20 July 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

It ain't that cut and dry mate.

If I have enough health to take one more shot, I'll reset but if my tank gets to the red cap with only one 2 hp left, you'll need to get your mates to push me off the cap if the remaining red ain't lit up.  I'm not going to try to chase around the map hoping to come across someone who can easily kill me just because green couldn't kill them in 13 minutes. I'd rather get shot by red on the cap trying to get a win than give red with an easy (and senseless) kill so a mate can have one less competition for his kill.

If the remaining red are lit and it looks like we can kill them swiftly, I'll pull off and on the cap but I won't go far.  If red turns the tide and cap, I want green to have more time off the clock than red can make up.

The "huge" XP the team gets from chasing that one remaining scout for five minutes is a drop in the bucket of the XP green could have earned with a win and getting into the next match.  Nobody likes to mention that, let alone consider it when they're barking at a wounded mate trying to end the match and move on.  Nope, somehow they reason the XP from that one last kill is somehow a higher value than pounding on 15 fresh tanks waiting for them in that next match....

Many a match has been lost by a pair of red tanks eliminating 5 weakened greens chasing kills instead of capping and making red come to them.  Many a match has been lost by tankers trying to get one more kill while three red sit comfortably on the cap and pluck off any limping defenders as they come back.

Many a match has been handed to red when a second green leaves his mate at the cap and then red double caps with nobody close enough to knock them off.

Close enough to cap?  What's lit on the map, where are they and how many unlit are remaining?  If all remaining are lit and can be killed, clear the cap but watch the map and the enemy count.  If the two remaining red overpower your mates and double cap, you handed them the game sitting outside their circle while your buddies padded the reds kill count.  Bravo!

To be clear - I despise early caps as much as I despise an undefended green cap but a late cap has a lot more things to consider beyond trying to make every battle an encounter match.    A lot more things to consider.  Peace.

I hear where youre coming from man but half the time that isnt the case dont get me wrong there are times when a cap is a good idea but if your thinking about the next match before the one you're in is over then there is something wrong im not saying dont cap if theres a 3v3 and they half 2 on friendly base and you're  near theres but if you're capping and see those last 3 are being hot by a friendly greenie and the base has been reset over and over atleast give them a chance to get the kill that xp is definitely worth it that turns a 1000xp game into a 1500xp its not so much as "never cap" but think before you cap half the time greenies just post on base when its 7v1 and that one is a damn arty... players always seem to cap at wrong times rather that paying attention to the battle at hand if its 6v6 and 3 of you swept left side and just sit on base instead of pushing on and bringing up the rear flank to assist teammates still battling on right side the chaos of a pincer attack would most certainly be more beneficial than hanging back and hoping to cap before a red comes back i believe toure right on capping in certain instances but half the players dont know the difference 

VKSheridan #6 Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23290 battles

View Posthuckle_berry_vin, on 20 July 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

I hear where youre coming from man but half the time that isnt the case dont get me wrong there are times when a cap is a good idea but if your thinking about the next match before the one you're in is over then there is something wrong im not saying dont cap if theres a 3v3 and they half 2 on friendly base and you're  near theres but if you're capping and see those last 3 are being hot by a friendly greenie and the base has been reset over and over atleast give them a chance to get the kill that xp is definitely worth it that turns a 1000xp game into a 1500xp its not so much as "never cap" but think before you cap half the time greenies just post on base when its 7v1 and that one is a damn arty... players always seem to cap at wrong times rather that paying attention to the battle at hand if its 6v6 and 3 of you swept left side and just sit on base instead of pushing on and bringing up the rear flank to assist teammates still battling on right side the chaos of a pincer attack would most certainly be more beneficial than hanging back and hoping to cap before a red comes back i believe toure right on capping in certain instances but half the players dont know the difference 

Understood and agreed.  It really comes down to what's lit on the map, where are they and how many are left.  To your point, 7v2 and both lit, roll off and reset.  If it's 7v1, sit on the cap until he is lit, roll off and let them kill.  If the last red is a scout in a glitch all you have left are T28 Protos with a top speed of 8 kph, just end it.  Chasing around the map looking for that last dude for four minutes won't get you near the XP from shooting 15 fresh tanks in the next match.  It's like trading a dollar for a bent dime.  Like I said, I've seen many a game lost by green on the hunt, too far to cap and to far to unseat when green actually had the game sewn up.  They didn't get the kills and gave away the win because they simply weren't thinking.  Good conversation to you, props!

real FUGAR #7 Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 24177 battles
  • [OTO]

would be a lot easier if we had more numbers on display, wether it be a more detailed HUD in full map mode or HP scores on the leaderboard. 

so if we had a cap vs kill score preview display tankers would surely fight for the later.

on the other hand ive also seen overconfident greens standing in line to having their asses handed over one by one by red barons singlehandedly (if you see a red allready took out several tanks, dont duell him

1 on 1, especially if its a Tier X soviet bouncy saucer and You are an 8, and for gods sake turn your exhaust pipe away from him, HE is angling!!!)

Some Caps also troll You pretty much, some need 3 min to conquer. long time when you only got 30hp left and are in sharkwater. thankfully WGA allready installed a counter for everone to read (if people just did) still some folks cant figure when the clock starts ticking.

a last orders bell 3 or 4 minutes before matchover would also be helpfull during combat.

if you got a real bastard amx or batchat running out there chances are he looses the hounds and dings or even clips the capper for a Draw.

My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507

real FUGAR #8 Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 24177 battles
  • [OTO]

View PostVKSheridan, on 20 July 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

somehow they reason the XP from that one last kill is somehow a higher value than pounding on 15 fresh tanks waiting for them in that next match....

Interesting point of view, You suggest getting into clash and and moving onto the next one as quickly as possible. i really never considered it THAT way, any experience from rushing through? EXP per Hour?

i got enough tanks to Yolo now, maybe 6 favoured ones to play with more care and dedication and more than enough just to lay waste. 

closer spawn points especially out of  fracking westhills valley would really help.

My eternity is longer than Yours _ Make boosters selectable consumables after battle, rather than a RNG MM wager _ The tallest ones confirm: MM is not broken, its ADVANCED

WoT WoT   oTo (put nuts and bolt logo in here) 

http://xboxdvr.com/g.../video/37825507

Meltheacin #9 Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13662 battles

There are many scenarios where capping is best but most games I've played that ended early were not those scenarios...

That said, I wish a 5 minute time frame, starting at the the beginning of the match, where capture points will not count. Those that try will just be sitting ducks and pay for their ignorance by trying to cap early. While a win is a win, its a pain for people trying to do kill ops and also for those going for MoEs. Not once have I ever heard anyone say that they're happy the match ended just as fast as it started.

Zeon Will Never Fall
From Zeon Zum Deikun, all the way to Full Frontal,
 we will never give up our goal of independence.

huckle_berry_vin #10 Posted 25 July 2017 - 09:49 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19833 battles
  • [VS]

View PostMeltheacin, on 22 July 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

There are many scenarios where capping is best but most games I've played that ended early were not those scenarios...

That said, I wish a 5 minute time frame, starting at the the beginning of the match, where capture points will not count. Those that try will just be sitting ducks and pay for their ignorance by trying to cap early. While a win is a win, its a pain for people trying to do kill ops and also for those going for MoEs. Not once have I ever heard anyone say that they're happy the match ended just as fast as it started.

I like that idea of a 5 min buff period before capping would be allowed and very true that there are instances were capping is beneficial but majority of the time its not the right time when people do

Reaper_-218- #11 Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25076 battles

View PostMeltheacin, on 23 July 2017 - 03:41 AM, said:

I like the sound of a 5 minutes grace period, BEFORE capping is allowed.

Sometimes, I play a lot of 7v7 games because the Asian server just doesn't have the numbers until later in the afternoon.

Therefore, I wait in a que for close to the 4 minute timeout, before getting into a match.

In a lot of these games, I see 6 "Lemmings" race off along one flank, whilst a similar action is being performed by RED along the opposite flank!

So, after 3 or 4 minutes, the game is over and I'm back into the 3 or 4 minute que!!

CleverJoey1844 #12 Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 46152 battles
  • [STDZ]
Perfect game is capping but also killing all enemies. Can be done and has been done many times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users