Does WG think we're all stupid?

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

TtargetPractice #1 Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 5724 battles

http://www.gamespot..../embed/6410030/

The attached video is from a gamespot article about the recent WOT360 launch. About a minute into the video, a British-Indian with a bad haircut says "They're aware that the 360 audience is a little.... little trigger happy, they're just going to leap in there. They're not going to bother with strategy. You know, this is a team based game, world of tanks, so they're making some tweaks to make it... better for the... 360 audience."

At each ellipsis, he pauses trying to think of what words he can safely say to convey that the game has been dumbed down for a perceived lower quality of player without coming out and saying that whatever WG dev he spoke with thinks the xbox 360 audience is bad and dumb and would be unable to play the same game that people have been playing on pc for a few years. Am I being too sensitive or are most of you interpreting this the same way?

Here's the full article. http://www.gamespot....d/1100-6417515/

the lol is implied.

TiniestAxis3834 #2 Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 2475 battles

Have you seen the caliber (pun intended) of some of the players? I swear some of them have an IQ lower then their shoe size. Eventually some of them will figure out that this isn't cod and they can't respawn, I hope...

The flesh surrenders itself. Eternity takes back its own. Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strage ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time. What can we say of this? I occurred. I am not... yet, I occurred.

Dennis420b #3 Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26277 battles
+1's to both.

xRAZGRIZx #4 Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 2859 battles
Having modules would take some of these idiotic teammates out. If they can't figure it out then we wouldn't have to worry about them on field. Win\win.
"We're not retreating! We're advancing in another direction!"

MJRMIKE #5 Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 26789 battles
  • [PIGS]
Yea you're right, he does seem a bit judgmental but he's also correct in the sense that console gamers don't often take team play seriously. It's one for all mentality moreso I think than pc players. Having said that, I'd still rather associate with console players. 

TtargetPractice #6 Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 5724 battles

View PostMJRMIKE, on 06 February 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

Yea you're right, he does seem a bit judgmental but he's also correct in the sense that console gamers don't often take team play seriously. It's one for all mentality moreso I think than pc players. Having said that, I'd still rather associate with console players. 

I think you've overestimating the seriousness of pc gamers. My gaming time is pretty evenly split between pc and 360/x1 and I encounter just as many, if not more, "me" players on pc as I do on xbox. I can't remember the last time I played a TF2 game on pc where at least one team didn't have a ton of bad spies or snipers just doing what they want to do because they couldn't possibly care less about the team, or one l4d game where at least one player didn't rush to hog health without regards to his team, or one bf3 game where 10 of the 32 players on my team weren't lying on wookie mountain with their 12x and bipod.

the lol is implied.

MJRMIKE #7 Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 26789 battles
  • [PIGS]

View PostTtargetPractice, on 06 February 2014 - 05:41 AM, said:

I think you've overestimating the seriousness of pc gamers. My gaming time is pretty evenly split between pc and 360/x1 and I encounter just as many, if not more, "me" players on pc as I do on xbox. I can't remember the last time I played a TF2 game on pc where at least one team didn't have a ton of bad spies or snipers just doing what they want to do because they couldn't possibly care less about the team, or one l4d game where at least one player didn't rush to hog health without regards to his team, or one bf3 game where 10 of the 32 players on my team weren't lying on wookie mountain with their 12x and bipod.

Ok, maybe they're just more snobby then. 

Xyience #8 Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 6010 battles

I don't know if I should take offense to this, or laugh at how true it is. I've been playing WoT on the PC for over two years, and I was really excited when they announced WT360 at E3 last year. I thought "a console port of one of the top F2P games on the PC, interesting". What a train wreck. The amount of, how do I put this in an appropriate way; the lack of common sense, basic strategizing, and down right situational awareness. It's just non existent in 80% of the players. In all my 14k battles on the PC only about a handfull of games I've ever played are as bad as an average game on the 360. Yes, console gamers are a lot, and I mean a lot, more "casual" than PC enthusiasts and lack major teamwork abilities. Another factor is the young audience on consoles; they can't afford to keep a gaming rig up to date, let alone afford one all together, on their parents allowance. Sorry if this offends anyone, just my two cents.

ExaminedGORE #9 Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]
To the author: Yes they think we are stupid. They think that all Xbox 360 players are casuals and are below 11 years old. gg wp.

Check out my DeviantArt. World of Tanks fanarts || Fractals || My childhood sketchs  : )  

"I can't even be bothered to reply anymore the tinfoil hat is to thick to get through" ~ A dapper kiwi, 05 October 2015

ExaminedGORE #10 Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostMJRMIKE, on 06 February 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

but he's also correct in the sense that console gamers don't often take team play seriously.

And they don't care because why?!  And why PC gamers care more about it? You serious?!

Check out my DeviantArt. World of Tanks fanarts || Fractals || My childhood sketchs  : )  

"I can't even be bothered to reply anymore the tinfoil hat is to thick to get through" ~ A dapper kiwi, 05 October 2015

BlakeG287 #11 Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5907 battles
  • [DMFR]

View PostTur8oSquid, on 06 February 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

I don't know if I should take offense to this, or laugh at how true it is. I've been playing WoT on the PC for over two years, and I was really excited when they announced WT360 at E3 last year. I thought "a console port of one of the top F2P games on the PC, interesting". What a train wreck. The amount of, how do I put this in an appropriate way; the lack of common sense, basic strategizing, and down right situational awareness. It's just non existent in 80% of the players. In all my 14k battles on the PC only about a handfull of games I've ever played are as bad as an average game on the 360. Yes, console gamers are a lot, and I mean a lot, more "casual" than PC enthusiasts and lack major teamwork abilities. Another factor is the young audience on consoles; they can't afford to keep a gaming rig up to date, let alone afford one all together, on their parents allowance. Sorry if this offends anyone, just my two cents.

I would have to agree with you on this point. Too many young players that think that field charging Malinovka and charging Death Valley  on Cliffs( Alone I might add) is a sound tactic. I am often left pondering who's child that is.(what life lessons and basic common sense has been skipped) My 6 year old can strategize better than half of them. No joke, he got a mastery badge on my Locust yesterday. And 1 of my Top Gun Awards. By the way, Turbo what tier you up to yet? We ought to run a few later.

ExaminedGORE #12 Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Major

• Players
  • 3924 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostBlakeG287, on 06 February 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

My 6 year old can strategize better than half of them. By the way, Turbo what tier you up to yet?

More players like your son, please.

Ps. he is on Tier 8, Tiger II. You can check it in his statistic profile.

BlakeG287 #13 Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 5907 battles
  • [DMFR]

View PostExaminedGORE, on 06 February 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

More players like your son, please.

Ps. he is on Tier 8, Tiger II. You can check it in his statistic profile.

Thanks, we are friends on Xbox so I was just wondering. Haven't caught him on when I was.

ANTI 000 SOCIAL #14 Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 44631 battles
  • [MEX]
I am the target audience.  I had never heard of this game before, it was suggested that I sign up for the beta. I own a pc, but I refuse to use it for gaming. I ignore all pc/FB games because they turn into pay to win games. I also prefer to keep my games "arcady" because if your going to get all technical and act like it's real life, THEN WHY PLAY? You suck all the fun and amusement out. Don't get wrong, I get upset with bad teammates or a difference of opinions in strategy, but in the end to each his own.

For God gave us not a spirit of cowardice, but that of power and of love and of soundness of mind.

ANTI 000 SOCIAL #15 Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 44631 battles
  • [MEX]
*me

For God gave us not a spirit of cowardice, but that of power and of love and of soundness of mind.

TiniestAxis3834 #16 Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 2475 battles
If your looking for a game that people don't take seriously... buddy, you are so in the wrong place...

The flesh surrenders itself. Eternity takes back its own. Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strage ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time. What can we say of this? I occurred. I am not... yet, I occurred.

HTID Thee Raver #17 Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22825 battles
81%hit ratio... real trigger happy

When all else fails, send in a Raver and no it wont be pretty but yes i will succeed.

amanwiththree #18 Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 28535 battles

What an arrogant condescending [edited]. 

And I'll say it to your face Mark Walton.

Supercilious generalizations like that with that oh so superior air make me want to take that USB tank and stuff it somewhere that isn't universal.

If WG condone this then shame on you too.

Camping is killing this game

Matthew J35U5 #19 Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostTiniestAxis3834, on 06 February 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

Have you seen the caliber (pun intended) of some of the players? I swear some of them have an IQ lower then their shoe size. Eventually some of them will figure out that this isn't cod and they can't respawn, I hope...

The thing that puzzles me about this whole thing is that the PC players are constantly complaining about how bad the majority of their playerbase is too. So much so that I am hesitant to ask how much worse could us 360 players possibly be? (On average. It wouldn't surprise me if the very best PC players were better than the xbox ones because of more experience/PC controls being better for FPS's.)

KeystoneCops, on 14 June 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

EireUndeadApple #20 Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 9339 battles

View PostTtargetPractice, on 06 February 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

"They're aware that the 360 audience is a little.... little trigger happy, they're just going to leap in there. They're not going to bother with strategy. You know, this is a team based game, world of tanks, so they're making some tweaks to make it... better for the... 360 audience."

i could not agree more with this chap. 90% of the players are carrots, i swear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users