Jump to content


Operation: PraiseMail


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

FusionStar287 #1 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:09 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16728 battles
  • 12,553
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

It's no secret that WOT can be a very frustrating game fairly often, be that due to lag, teams, RNG, or just your own bad play. It's also no secret that I have always had a problem with getting very angry when WOT decides to be frustrating, and I've been looking for ways to keep myself calm and, more importantly, keep the game fun even during the most annoying games. Well, I think I've finally found a solution that works fairly well, and it's something that literally anyone can do.

 

I've given this solution the codename "Operation PraiseMail" (yes, I know it's a terrible name, but it works), and, as the name suggests, all this "operation" is doing is sending kind messages to other players. Basically, after every game you play, find at least one person on your team and/or the enemy team to send a message to regardless of how that game went. You could simply thank them for helping you on a flank, congratulate them for managing to land the killing blow on you, or even just send them a message saying "GG"; as long as it's a positive message it works (imagine the opposite of "hatemail"). I haven't tested this method out for more than a few hours today, but it's honestly amazing how much of a difference it has made. Games were I would normally be raging have been at the very least tolerable, decent games have become fun, and because I've been able to keep calm I've been having more good results than normal. I've also been able to give a few tips to some players, and I even congratulated a T92 for belting my Skorpion and effectively winning the game for his team (which is certainly a first for me).

 

Seriously, I highly recommend giving Operation PraiseMail a try. It genuinely makes the game more fun to play, helps you do better by keeping calm and collected, and overall helps you see the positive side of each game regardless of how many negatives there were. It's amazing how much a simple idea like this has helped, and I'm hoping to expand on this to further enjoy the game in the future. Anyway, thanks for reading, and happy tanking! :)


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


Rainwer #2 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:12 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16892 battles
  • 417
  • [AMVET]
  • Member since:
    02-08-2016
Maybe I'll do this, I only received one praisemail in all those battles.


 


MrTrollPacMan #3 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:29 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 14719 battles
  • 4,597
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013
If someone else carries my team, or just is a big help to me in general, I always try to send a nice message.

One of my radley's that I got about a year or so ago in the T-34-88, I wouldn't have gotten without an allied Fury helping me flank, and he took a shot for me right at the end that let me get the radleys. He got some nice mail from me, thats one of my favorite games I can remember in wot

RuefulCenturion #4 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 23059 battles
  • 8,776
  • Member since:
    07-04-2013
I usually do this for whatever players I think deserve it. 

 

"wefWEGFRF" -RaiBOT01

 


JatemKaa #5 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 49393 battles
  • 2,353
  • Member since:
    05-27-2014

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 11 August 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

I usually do this for whatever players I think deserve it.

 

Agree.

onehngloe #6 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:14 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 40118 battles
  • 652
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014
on accession I've given out a  kudos  or two but I'll make a better effort to be more consistent with it.

SecndChance WGA #7 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

    Product Specialist - Console

  • Administrator
  • 6018 battles
  • 3,073
  • [WGA-A]
  • Member since:
    11-21-2013
 

View PostFusionStar287, on 11 August 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

It's no secret that WOT can be a very frustrating game fairly often, be that due to lag, teams, RNG, or just your own bad play. It's also no secret that I have always had a problem with getting very angry when WOT decides to be frustrating, and I've been looking for ways to keep myself calm and, more importantly, keep the game fun even during the most annoying games. Well, I think I've finally found a solution that works fairly well, and it's something that literally anyone can do.

 

I've given this solution the codename "Operation PraiseMail" (yes, I know it's a terrible name, but it works), and, as the name suggests, all this "operation" is doing is sending kind messages to other players. Basically, after every game you play, find at least one person on your team and/or the enemy team to send a message to regardless of how that game went. You could simply thank them for helping you on a flank, congratulate them for managing to land the killing blow on you, or even just send them a message saying "GG"; as long as it's a positive message it works (imagine the opposite of "hatemail"). I haven't tested this method out for more than a few hours today, but it's honestly amazing how much of a difference it has made. Games were I would normally be raging have been at the very least tolerable, decent games have become fun, and because I've been able to keep calm I've been having more good results than normal. I've also been able to give a few tips to some players, and I even congratulated a T92 for belting my Skorpion and effectively winning the game for his team (which is certainly a first for me).

 

Seriously, I highly recommend giving Operation PraiseMail a try. It genuinely makes the game more fun to play, helps you do better by keeping calm and collected, and overall helps you see the positive side of each game regardless of how many negatives there were. It's amazing how much a simple idea like this has helped, and I'm hoping to expand on this to further enjoy the game in the future. Anyway, thanks for reading, and happy tanking! :)

 

I send one out in every game I play and hiya to those I recognize from the forums.

 

The Thank you I get out weigh the other  "  " you.

 

Every once in a while I get someone who know who or what I am.... so I get a screen full of not so pleasant words and advice on the proper placement of my head in places it is more than likely not going to fix.

 

 

I like this Idea and I hope to see all of you be goodwill ambassadors for this community.


How to Submit a Support Ticket

Need help with a purchase made in-game or have yet to receive the goods: Missing PS4 Purchase or Missing Xbox Purchase

Server Health Check: XBox Live Server Status     XBox Issue reported by players  PSN Server Status     PSN Issue reported by players

Follow our support teams @WargamingCS for updates and announcements.


PumpkinEcobar #8 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:17 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 8687 battles
  • 2,150
  • Member since:
    04-21-2016
:great:

NightOfDeaths #9 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:22 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23361 battles
  • 13,756
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 11 August 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

I usually do this for whatever players I think deserve it. 

 


 Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

 


Gallant Prime #10 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:45 AM

    Captain

  • Ambassador
  • 33850 battles
  • 1,778
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostSecndChance WGA, on 11 August 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

 

 

I send one out in every game I play and hiya to those I recognize from the forums.

 

The Thank you I get out weigh the other  "  " you.

 

Every once in a while I get someone who know who or what I am.... so I get a screen full of not so pleasant words and advice on the proper placement of my head in places it is more than likely not going to fix.

 

 

I like this Idea and I hope to see all of you be goodwill ambassadors for this community.

 

​lol I read the comments sometimes when WG comments on the activity feed.  Those are pretty brutal but they make me laugh. 

 

Fusion, I like the idea.  I think it also stops a player from having too many bad games in too short of a time--paces the frustration a bit so it does not build up. 


.​.
 
"World In War" screenshot contest for the forum!  Enter here!
 
..
 
 * * * * * SAVE THE USS TEXAS!  PURCHASE "GIVING THANKS" EMBLEMS WITH SILVER!* * * * * 
See here and here

RAGE4BACON #11 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:48 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 3210 battles
  • 365
  • Member since:
    03-26-2017
So sending "GG you did well" to one of the many top tier tanks on the team that scored 0 damage after travelling less than a mile doesn't count? :trollface: 

SecndChance WGA #12 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:05 AM

    Product Specialist - Console

  • Administrator
  • 6018 battles
  • 3,073
  • [WGA-A]
  • Member since:
    11-21-2013
If you do send a GG... Be sure you add

View PostRAGE4BACON, on 11 August 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

So sending "GG you did well" to one of the many top tier tanks on the team that scored 0 damage after travelling less than a mile doesn't count? :trollface: 

 

Reverse psychology backfires on those... Leads to some ugly "Chit chat" that one side ends up reporting.

 

If we win, I send a GG to those who did some good.

If we lose, I send the top red a "GG and see you in the next one". I get more positive responses from the reds then anyone else. 

 

  There's some good folks out there and most folks only need a positive ice breaker to meet. You never know... That losing GG PM could result in a new friend.

 

Heck.. me reaching out to others over a video game lead me here.....


How to Submit a Support Ticket

Need help with a purchase made in-game or have yet to receive the goods: Missing PS4 Purchase or Missing Xbox Purchase

Server Health Check: XBox Live Server Status     XBox Issue reported by players  PSN Server Status     PSN Issue reported by players

Follow our support teams @WargamingCS for updates and announcements.


ProExercitio #13 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:29 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27098 battles
  • 961
  • [UP]
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View PostRuefulCenturion, on 12 August 2017 - 02:52 AM, said:

I usually do this for whatever players I think deserve it. 

 

Definitely, but sometimes my standards can be quite high which limits the number of these messages heavily :)

Jureidini #14 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:33 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24088 battles
  • 1,337
  • Member since:
    09-25-2014

I volunteer to relinquish the trademarked Jureidini greeting, "U r very gud". I surrender it to the next good fellow and/or lass.

Oh...be warned, you can get a 14 day comms ban for it like I did though :teethhappy:.   (despite what the wagonists who are overnight legal advisers to XBL would tell you due to their vast expertise of posting on WoT forums)

 

 

 

OP thats a good idea, however I lead more to good vibes where it is merited...not just for the sake of a strong and firm rule that you should send a GG every match regardless. Doing so diminishes the sentiments value and comes in as hollow.

I tend to send out my fair set of GGs to anyone who deserves it, its amazing how so many are happy to be carried to their 48% wins yet lack the humility to do the same once in awhile.


Edited by Jureidini, 12 August 2017 - 04:40 AM.

I typed Jamaican tank, thats what they had.

Jureidini #15 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:38 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24088 battles
  • 1,337
  • Member since:
    09-25-2014

View PostSecndChance WGA, on 11 August 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

If you do send a GG... Be sure you add

 

Reverse psychology backfires on those... Leads to some ugly "Chit chat" that one side ends up reporting.

 

If we win, I send a GG to those who did some good.

If we lose, I send the top red a "GG and see you in the next one". I get more positive responses from the reds then anyone else. 

 

  There's some good folks out there and most folks only need a positive ice breaker to meet. You never know... That losing GG PM could result in a new friend.

 

Heck.. me reaching out to others over a video game lead me here.....

 

I saw your username online during one of the streams some months ago, sent a GG to it!

 

WG desperately needs some in game presence from accounts like this to show face once in awhile. I like that fact that you even say you send out GGs, you guys could set the precedent and get the community moving in a better direction.

 

From where I see it currently, the Xbox tanks community is just about the worse gaming community I have EVER encountered...and it is not due to the kids as the "take themselves to seriously" supposed adults tend to frame it as.


I typed Jamaican tank, thats what they had.

Symbiot911 #16 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:55 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26972 battles
  • 869
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014
I'll happily praise people, even enemy arty if it's a good shot. It's not an easy thing to do when you lose a game, and gets harder still when you lose 5>10 games in a row. And sometimes, well, you know, it's almost impossible and it's not because of my term mates falling like flies or not covering me when I've asked asked for cover, nor suddenly turning into lemmings, you know, all those things that make for a bad team and even worse result. No, I usually get most frustrated or angry because regardless of calling for help or cover or whatever, those calls are usually in vain and in the end my demise often ends up being as a result of my own choices, and that's what makes me angry, especially if I'm in a tank that is a strong tank and through my silly actions I get taken out early. Hence the stats lol

Dirk Magoo #17 Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:00 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16430 battles
  • 2,444
  • Member since:
    08-27-2013
I do this often manual - to players of both teams :medal:

 

...als letzter Überlebender des teams fühlt man sich wie der Gewinner der Niederlage...


Brick S0lid #18 Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 14095 battles
  • 2,635
  • Member since:
    06-12-2014

"Dear camping E100,

Thank you for all the hitpoints and and spotting damage you gave me."


Artillery punishes flankers, not campers.

 

3500Wn8. 70+ tanks with 3 MoE. 

 


NightOfDeaths #19 Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 23361 battles
  • 13,756
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostBrick S0lid, on 12 August 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

"Dear camping E100,

Thank you for all the hitpoints and and spotting damage you gave me."

 

Might as well send it to the rest of the team while you're at it. These campers are growing erday

 Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

 


acidfiend #20 Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 7715 battles
  • 487
  • [HQ]
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013
I try and send out allot of "GG"s and "o7"s.  I've actually made a few friends by doing this.  I completely agree that more people should start doing this




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users