Jump to content


Lets Talk About The Deathstar


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

DeAtHlord310 #1 Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13402 battles
  • 144
  • [-TD-]
  • Member since:
    09-12-2013

Okay Ill start first I have Three marked the deathstar with 1462 battles, 61.70 Winrate and 2.59KD So I know how to use this stupidly "broken" tank

 

Here is why everyone hates it, HESH can do 270mm of pen and do 1850 Avg damage and has decent armor effectively taking out all Tier 8-9 tanks and even some 10 Mediums with 1 shot.

Ways it is balanced Long aim time, Low accuracy, and bad Dispersion while moving and the HESH will and can be absorbed by tracks or just straight up miss completely and is extremely expensive to fire. 

 

Why everyone fails when encountering the Deathstar.

When people engage me they will gladly sit there and trade with me taking the full damage shell and then complain about how broken it is, PS Don't trade with a deathstar unless someone is willing to take the shell to rush them.

 

In a small point driven conclusion:

Get gud. Use Tactics. Don't be a potato when fighting deathstar and you will be fine

 

Today I had a couple games doing 8000 damage

Rolling about 1200-2000 per shot

Organized with the team and used it as an assault tank instead of a sniper

Laughed as I eliminated all opposition

Let them know who was boss.

 



NightOfDeaths #2 Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:54 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22967 battles
  • 13,648
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014
But theeeeeeen there'ssssss fiiiiivvveeee taaaaaanks beeehind the Deathstar. 

 Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

 


JesterUSMC #3 Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 12730 battles
  • 8,593
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    10-27-2013

If you want to beat the Deathstar, have a few friends with you to rush him after he vaporizes one of you.

 


Semper Fi

Check out The Bunker : http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

 

 


DeAtHlord310 #4 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13402 battles
  • 144
  • [-TD-]
  • Member since:
    09-12-2013

View PostJesterUSMC, on 12 August 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

If you want to beat the Deathstar, have a few friends with you to rush him after he vaporizes one of you.

 

 

Exactly see you understand how it works.

DeAtHlord310 #5 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13402 battles
  • 144
  • [-TD-]
  • Member since:
    09-12-2013

View PostNightOfDeaths, on 12 August 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

But theeeeeeen there'ssssss fiiiiivvveeee taaaaaanks beeehind the Deathstar. 

 

There will always be five tanks behind any other tank its not just the deathstar.

R35T NO MORE #6 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:02 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 12548 battles
  • 18,364
  • [BNKR-]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013

It's fine, i've only been doing a 8k damage a few times today, it's balanced! 

 

Really? :teethhappy:


 

Credit to Violet Viper x for the great sig.

Come check out The Bunker, the alternative WoTforum

My Chieftain review


NightOfDeaths #7 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:02 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22967 battles
  • 13,648
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014

View PostDeAtHlord310, on 12 August 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

 

There will always be five tanks behind any other tank its not just the deathstar.

 

But it's just any other tank, it's not a Death Star I have to worry about 

 Screw my elders!!!!

World of Tanks a game where it's 1 versus 29. 15 reds trying to kill you and 14 greens trying to support them. The yellows are your only hope. For signature and stats visit http://wotinfo.net/en/player-stats

2 & 3 MoEs

 


Playertd #8 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 16774 battles
  • 11,515
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

This is pretty funny, sad but funny.

 

Pro tip, dont try to defend OP tier 10 TDs, you wont get much traction.

 

The deathstar is grossly broken and overpowered, if you like to play it thats fine, but dont try to tell people to git gud, you just look like a tool.


4HPMvmm.jpg

 

                                           

 


Brick S0lid #9 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:22 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 13815 battles
  • 2,389
  • Member since:
    06-12-2014

*1750 average damage

 

It's broken as [edited]and needs a pen nerf. That happens and I'll be happy.

Also I've 3 marked the death star too. With just under 4k average damage per game blah blah blah it's pen is broken as is its alpha. But as I say it's pen is the main issue.


Artillery punishes flankers, not campers.

 

3500Wn8. 70+ tanks with 3 MoE. 

 


USSWISCONSIN94 #10 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:24 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 7007 battles
  • 23,022
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014
Needs a mobility nerf as well. prem HESH needs to be removed and non-prem HESH gets a serious nerf to splash and alpha

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


SGT Rock 1963 #11 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 12472 battles
  • 2,618
  • [-OFF-]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostDeAtHlord310, on 12 August 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Okay Ill start first I have Three marked the deathstar with 1462 battles, 61.70 Winrate and 2.59KD So I know how to use this stupidly "broken" tank

 

Here is why everyone hates it, HESH can do 270mm of pen and do 1850 Avg damage and has decent armor effectively taking out all Tier 8-9 tanks and even some 10 Mediums with 1 shot.

Ways it is balanced Long aim time, Low accuracy, and bad Dispersion while moving and the HESH will and can be absorbed by tracks or just straight up miss completely and is extremely expensive to fire. 

 

Why everyone fails when encountering the Deathstar.

When people engage me they will gladly sit there and trade with me taking the full damage shell and then complain about how broken it is, PS Don't trade with a deathstar unless someone is willing to take the shell to rush them.

 

In a small point driven conclusion:

Get gud. Use Tactics. Don't be a potato when fighting deathstar and you will be fine

 

Today I had a couple games doing 8000 damage

Rolling about 1200-2000 per shot

Organized with the team and used it as an assault tank instead of a sniper

Laughed as I eliminated all opposition

Let them know who was boss.

 

How about your WTE-100? You have almost 700 games in it, Got any good tactics against it?  LoL. :coin:​ Heads or tails?


QuickyBaby said, "Going to place another tactical shot into that rock, Just there."


BrogueOne #12 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:53 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12980 battles
  • 3,154
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
I've been popped by more than a few Deathstars and the occasional Sh**Barn. It is usually my fault for either trying to rush them or trying to play peek-a-boom. It's not fun but it's not worth crying like a toddler in the forums about it either.

Are certain tanks powerful and terrifying monsters? Yes they are. But it's far easier to accept it and adjust one's tactics accordingly. Nothing gets accomplished by whining about it here and any changes to them will only happen at WG's discretion no matter how much you fuss.

USSWISCONSIN94 #13 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:56 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 7007 battles
  • 23,022
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 12 August 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

I've been popped by more than a few Deathstars and the occasional Sh**Barn. It is usually my fault for either trying to rush them or trying to play peek-a-boom. It's not fun but it's not worth crying like a toddler in the forums about it either.

Are certain tanks powerful and terrifying monsters? Yes they are. But it's far easier to accept it and adjust one's tactics accordingly. Nothing gets accomplished by whining about it here and any changes to them will only happen at WG's discretion no matter how much you fuss.

Yes because pushing it under the rug is such a better option. 10/10 M8.


http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


El Materdor43 #14 Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22333 battles
  • 6,263
  • [HACKS]
  • Member since:
    03-02-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 12 August 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

I've been popped by more than a few Deathstars and the occasional Sh**Barn. It is usually my fault for either trying to rush them or trying to play peek-a-boom. It's not fun but it's not worth crying like a toddler in the forums about it either.
Even if it's your fault, why should it be able to end your game with a single shot?

Are certain tanks powerful and terrifying monsters? Yes they are. But it's far easier to accept it and adjust one's tactics accordingly. Nothing gets accomplished by whining about it here and any changes to them will only happen at WG's discretion no matter how much you fuss.
Reasoned arguments against isn't whining. It is a legitimate avenue to voice problems with it. 

At some point, the player experience should outweigh what the data says about this tank. Even if the WR was 5%, it had the potential to end games with a single shot. That ruins the player experience in my opinion. You can't even attempt to do your job as a medium in a tier X game when it possesses the ability to end your game with a single shot.   Not penning you with 8-9 shots, just 1. 


   

 

                                                                                                                                               

                                                                                                                

 


scwirpeo #15 Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:28 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33619 battles
  • 6,427
  • [CRY]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2014
Because players obviously enjoy having zero chance in a fight just because a 183 is on the red team.

BrogueOne #16 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:09 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 12980 battles
  • 3,154
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 13 August 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

Yes because pushing it under the rug is such a better option. 10/10 M8.

Don't mistake what appears to be ambivalence to actually be that.  I definitely know that certain vehicles could use some adjustments.  I just choose not to raise the pitchforks and torches over it because it's wasted breath and beat to death.  You can almost set your watch by the inevitable "deathstar touched my tailpipe" and "Waffle sucks" posts and yet those tanks remain untouched.  I have more important things to worry about.

 

PS: guess what my priority targets are when I'm playing artillery?  I also do my part to "balance" so called "broken" tanks.



xXlAmbitionzlXx #17 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21798 battles
  • 13,997
  • Member since:
    08-23-2013
In all honesty, I dont like the 183. The only time where I feel like playing it is when I want to one bomb people, I know the risks involved etc and for that reason is why It stops me from playing it. 

The gun just annoys the [edited]out of me at times, The gun handling and the trollish nature of the shells. Not even to include the fact that, when I play the 183, I expect the shots I pull off to do massive damage, When I start splashing things in scenarios where (Most of the time) im in a sticky situation, Its soo rage inducing. 

In all honesty, Id rather stick with other TD's compared to this just because me personally I'm more consistent with them and I feel I have alot more options on the table when it comes to flanking someone or choosing targets wisely etc compared to this. 

Thats my honest take on the 183, Its funny as hell to one bomb people or hit someone for 2000 but once you have done it a few times, The tank gets really boring. 

oboeslayer #18 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:27 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15674 battles
  • 1,316
  • [-UNT-]
  • Member since:
    03-08-2014
I played it today and did crazy amounts of damage. It's disgusting how OP it is. Seriously, you'd have to be a complete loser not to have good games in it.

I had lots of laughs playing it, but it is undoubtedly broken. You people with that many games in it are better off just keeping quiet. By all means, enjoy the thing while it's OP but don't come at people with your sorry attempt at explaining how it is "balanced". It's really just insulting.

 

"Evil is relatively rare. Ignorance is epidemic." - Jon Stewart


oboeslayer #19 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:28 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15674 battles
  • 1,316
  • [-UNT-]
  • Member since:
    03-08-2014

View PostxXlAmbitionzlXx, on 12 August 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

In all honesty, I dont like the 183. The only time where I feel like playing it is when I want to one bomb people, I know the risks involved etc and for that reason is why It stops me from playing it. 

The gun just annoys the [edited]out of me at times, The gun handling and the trollish nature of the shells. Not even to include the fact that, when I play the 183, I expect the shots I pull off to do massive damage, When I start splashing things in scenarios where (Most of the time) im in a sticky situation, Its soo rage inducing. 

In all honesty, Id rather stick with other TD's compared to this just because me personally I'm more consistent with them and I feel I have alot more options on the table when it comes to flanking someone or choosing targets wisely etc compared to this. 

Thats my honest take on the 183, Its funny as hell to one bomb people or hit someone for 2000 but once you have done it a few times, The tank gets really boring. 

I can play 10 games in it before I'm super bored. Sometimes not even that. I rather play my mediums!


 

"Evil is relatively rare. Ignorance is epidemic." - Jon Stewart


KaiserVonKrieg #20 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:28 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12270 battles
  • 5,096
  • [7F]
  • Member since:
    02-02-2015

I don't understand what you cry babies are complaining about.

This is the 2nd most skillfull tank to play behind the M53/55 of course.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users