Omega's Tank Review Number 4: Škoda T-25

omega tank review Czech medium tank Skoda T-25

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

omega760 #1 Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:11 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11056 battles

Hello and welcome to my fourth tank review! Today we'll be looking at the tier 6 Czechoslovakian medium tank, the Škoda T-25. In its stock configuration the tank is largely underwhelming. The stock 76 has a poor fire rate and, while having decent penetration, struggles to accrue damage simply because the shells take so long to fire. However with some upgrades, specifically the top gun, this machine becomes a powerful and aggressive medium. It is equipped with a devastating autoloader when fully upgraded and this gun makes the tank. With three shots per magazine you are able to quickly wear down any opponent as even higher tier enemies will sorely miss the 330 health that this tank chews off in a few seconds.

As always we'll begin with the best features of this machine. In the case of the Škoda T-25 the most obvious bright spot is the gun. As previously mentioned this tank can mount a three round autoloading 76 mm gun. In fact, you are the only medium tank at your tier to feature an autoloader. This brings some playstyle changes that players may have to get used to. Managing your clip reload, knowing if you can clip an enemy, having an escape route in mind should your clip not finish your target are just a few that are inherent to all autoloaders. Luckily, this gun is very user friendly as it both reloads shells in the clip and the entire clip itself very quickly. With an 8 second reload on the entire clip you are able to pump out shots much faster then other autoloaders which means that you can keep up your aggression in a way that other autoloaders simply can't because of 20+ second reloads. Another high point of the tank is its excellent gun depression of 10 degrees. This, combined with the forward mounting of the turret, means that you have to expose very little of your tank to get your gun on target. Also, with a top speed of 60 km/h you can scoot around the battlefield very quickly to bring your gun to where it is most needed. Avoid taking damage early in the game as the longer the match continues and the less health your enemies have, the more dangerous your tank becomes. However, this tank does have some drawbacks which is what we'll cover next.

One thing you'll immediately notice in this machine is the abysmal hull traverse. In fact it is one of the worst traverse speeds for a medium at the tier. This means that, while you can relocate and move across the battlefield very quickly using your decent speed, circling enemy tanks and even changing direction on the move is much more difficult in this machine then in its peers. The second glaring weakness is the armor, or rather lack thereof. With your strongest armor being a paltry 50 mm even tier 4 machines will penetrate you fairly easily. While the gun is very good your damage per clip isn't enough to destroy full health tanks. This, coupled with the bad traverse, means that this tank is in trouble if it gets rushed as even your own tank can take 2 of your own clips before dying. The 8 second reload, while short, will also give your enemies time to attack and damage you with complete impunity if your team is unable or unwilling to support you. This means that the frontline is a dangerous place for a Škoda and, at least in the early minutes of the game, you are much better off supporting your allies from a secondary position and becoming aggressive only when you have a high likelihood of success.

In summation, the Škoda is a powerful machine that rewards smart and strategic play. Keeping your autoloader firing effectively and in the game as long as possible will greatly increase your, and your team's, chance of victory. As with any tank, know the strengths and weaknesses of your machine. "Can I clip him? If not, then how many shots should I fire before retreating? How much damage will I likely take? Is my team likely to support me? Is his team likely to support him?" These are all questions you should have in your mind before every engagement. You are a dangerous, but fragile and unmaneuverable, tank. If you fire 1-2 shots and are unlikely to see an enemy in 10 seconds then reload a fresh clip. NEVER attack an enemy without the maximum number of shells available as your reload is short enough that it does not keep you out of the fight for long and you should always maximize your damage. Keep these things in mind and you will do well in this machine.

Have a question or think I missed something? Want to request a review? Just want to say hi? Let me know down below and good luck!  :)

Edit: Looking for Part 5? It's here!: http://forum-console...-number-5-is-3/

alex0lok #2 Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:54 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19287 battles
  • [BUP]

Good review from the OP.

I just elited the Skoda T25, first marked in less than 25 games and got the Ace. It's a much better tank than the T24 which has abysmal DPM.

Stock grind is pretty painful with the T25, not much difference than the T24 but a whole tier higher. I would recommend free exp if you have a decent amount of those.

Imo the T25 is at its best to fight in range less than 300m, its gun is not accurate enough to be a sniper, there is no point being an autoloader if you just hit one out of three shots of a clip. Get stuck in with your allies, don't be the first one being spotted though to avoid being focused on. Knowing when, where and how to flank is instrumental for this tank.

omega760 #3 Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11056 battles

New feature: Recommended Crew Skills and Equipment!

Crew Skills (in no particular order): Sixth Sense. Camo. Snap Shot. Smooth Ride. Jack of All Trades. Deadeye. Track Mechanic. Repairs. Armorer. Clutch Braking. Brothers in Arms.

Equipment (highest recommendation first): Vents. Gun Laying Drive. Optics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users