Thread.

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

Mr HIPP0 #221 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18637 battles
  • [OLDG]

Hello, my name is Hippo and I am a Lurker.

I have been playing since the beta, but rarely post here as I have no interest in being publicly ridiculed.

I do not greatly enjoy playing alone, as for me gaming is more of a social outlet, and games are more fun when played with others, The problem is that there are very few people left on my friends list that are still playing tanks.

According to my stats I pretty well suck at this game, and would like to improve, but seem to old / stubborn to consistently up my game.

When I am on, I play EU till around midnight UK time then switch to the East coast for a couple of hours (trying to play the most populated servers)

I am UK based, and a member of the OldGamers gaming community.

If anyone wants some regular platoon action, or would like to try and teach an old dog some new tricks, please feel free to hit me up on here or XBL.

OldGamerz.co.uk

OldGamerz.co.uk Mature gaming community for the over 30's

Playing for fun, not stats.

TheSpider774099 #222 Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 7441 battles
Lurker here. That's what spiders do, right? I've been blowing stuff up in online matches since the MW4 days. No, modern warfare 4 is out yet, that's mechwarrior 4. Played that game for about 10 years until it finally petered out several years ago. Hadn't found a game that enjoyed in quite the same fashion since those days until I stumbled across WoT about a year ago. Fired the game up and the similarities to MW had me hooked straight away.
Started out my career as a light tanker, all the way up to the T37. I'm sure you can imagine how that went for me. Took me a couple months to find the forums, and while I don't feel like I have much to contribute to a group of players who generally seem to know it all, nonetheless the forum was a good starting point for me to figure out whats "under the hood" in this game.
I don't watch tank videos. I figure things out by trial and error and by watching others in the battlefield after my tank is a charred husk. There is a lot of good advice here however, hidden among the drivel and the e-egos. And I won't lie and that advice hasn't helped my game out a good deal.
Red or green, I'll see you boys and girls on the battlefield

YourGrumpyDad99 #223 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12567 battles
  • [UK]

View PostMr HIPP0, on 14 October 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

Hello, my name is Hippo and I am a Lurker.

I have been playing since the beta, but rarely post here as I have no interest in being publicly ridiculed.

I do not greatly enjoy playing alone, as for me gaming is more of a social outlet, and games are more fun when played with others, The problem is that there are very few people left on my friends list that are still playing tanks.

According to my stats I pretty well suck at this game, and would like to improve, but seem to old / stubborn to consistently up my game.

When I am on, I play EU till around midnight UK time then switch to the East coast for a couple of hours (trying to play the most populated servers)

I am UK based, and a member of the OldGamers gaming community.

If anyone wants some regular platoon action, or would like to try and teach an old dog some new tricks, please feel free to hit me up on here or XBL.

Hey Hey, Mr Hippo! :-) I remember you from OLDG... :-)..... am currently in [UK]  "for the casual gamer" clan... and like yourself ( even after 12k games) still very much a scrub - I plead old age and poor reflexes!..... platooning up  makes th grind more pleasant, but its a shame when you're last man standing in tanks as your mates move on :-(  catch you on the battlefield!- always happy to add you to a platoon....  

Edited by YourGrumpyDad99, 20 October 2017 - 10:39 PM.

I may be a Grumpy Scrub, but I am getting better! 

YourGrumpyDad99 #224 Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12567 battles
  • [UK]
yeh, and I'm (mostly) a lurker - just here for the game announcements/rumours.... tried posting, hated the scorn & [edited]measuring.... 
I may be a Grumpy Scrub, but I am getting better! 

Mr HIPP0 #225 Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18637 battles
  • [OLDG]

View PostYourGrumpyDad99, on 20 October 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

Hey Hey, Mr Hippo! :-) I remember you from OLDG... :-)..... am currently in [UK]  "for the casual gamer" clan... and like yourself ( even after 12k games) still very much a scrub - I plead old age and poor reflexes!..... platooning up  makes th grind more pleasant, but its a shame when you're last man standing in tanks as your mates move on :-(  catch you on the battlefield!- always happy to add you to a platoon....  

Long time no see.

I look forward to platooning with you again.

OldGamerz.co.uk

OldGamerz.co.uk Mature gaming community for the over 30's

Playing for fun, not stats.

stolenmemes777 #226 Posted 22 October 2017 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23714 battles
  • [CRPT]

Well done R3ST. 

Think this forum can be pretty intimidating for new players.  So many people here since Beta, is easy to think new guys (or girls) have no right to be posting / asking questions. 

I've always found the forum to be a solid point of info but hardly post any more.  Does feel a bit like Groundhog Day sometimes. 

The S the U the P the E the R the S the H the A the R the P the S the H the O the O the T the E the R

POOLDOG_1 #227 Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

Private

• Players
  • 17636 battles
  • [ARROW]

Hi I'm the worlds biggest lurker, 5 days til my 1 year anniversary.

UK so play on EU server, hate it, much rather play on NA-East.

recently joined  a clan and although daunting (playing with good players always is) its better to learn. I'm an old codger over 50.

HATE idiot teams 

LOVE epic battles (radley medal in chafee)

R35T NO MORE #228 Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:10 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12660 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View Poststolenmemes777, on 22 October 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Well done R3ST. 

Think this forum can be pretty intimidating for new players.  So many people here since Beta, is easy to think new guys (or girls) have no right to be posting / asking questions. 

I've always found the forum to be a solid point of info but hardly post any more.  Does feel a bit like Groundhog Day sometimes. 

Good to see you post mate :-) 

View PostPOOLDOG_1, on 25 October 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Hi I'm the worlds biggest lurker, 5 days til my 1 year anniversary.

UK so play on EU server, hate it, much rather play on NA-East.

recently joined  a clan and although daunting (playing with good players always is) its better to learn. I'm an old codger over 50.

HATE idiot teams 

LOVE epic battles (radley medal in chafee)

Hi, thanks for posting, seeing people with low post counts posting here is great, seeing people making their first post is even better. Radley in a Chaffee is impressive, well played. Was that in the old Chaffee with the bobble head or the new one?

Credit to Violet Viper x for the great sig.

Come check out The Bunker, the alternative WoTforum

My Chieftain review

POOLDOG_1 #229 Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Players
  • 17636 battles
  • [ARROW]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 26 October 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

Good to see you post mate :-) 

Hi, thanks for posting, seeing people with low post counts posting here is great, seeing people making their first post is even better. Radley in a Chaffee is impressive, well played. Was that in the old Chaffee with the bobble head or the new one?

Dunno difference lol, tech tree chafee bout 2 month ago if that helps

Playertd #230 Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17410 battles

View PostPOOLDOG_1, on 26 October 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

Dunno difference lol, tech tree chafee bout 2 month ago if that helps

Thats the new one, makes your achievement ever harder.

Chaffee used to be much better :P

4HPMvmm.jpg

R35T NO MORE #231 Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:47 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12660 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostPlayertd, on 28 October 2017 - 01:10 AM, said:

Thats the new one, makes your achievement ever harder.

Chaffee used to be much better :P

^ This. It used to be a little demon. It isn't a bad tank now but it used to be outstanding. Getting a Radleys in the current Chaffee is a very respectable feat. 

Credit to Violet Viper x for the great sig.

Come check out The Bunker, the alternative WoTforum

My Chieftain review

SHOGUN08SS #232 Posted 05 November 2017 - 02:05 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20089 battles
  • [DHO]

Great thread R35T:great:...i've also been here since the beginning, post some, lurk lots! I must admit, this forum has given me great info by great players and can't imagine this game without this forum. I have played with and against all of you tankers at some point and can't see myself getting better information on this game anywhere. I admin other groups in different places but always rely on you guys as my main source for keeping up-to-date and learn new strategy:), ROLL OUT!

CorruppTed #233 Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:01 AM

Private

• Players
  • 18549 battles
  • [USF]
Hi. I have been playing since release on the 360 not on the forums much though

oGxRaaRaa #234 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16687 battles
  • [7F]
no

Check me out on twitch! https://twitch/tv/oGxRaaRaa

Acharoch #235 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7774 battles
Hello, been playing a little over a year now. Might try to get more involved with the forums.

SonataArctiica #236 Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2811 battles
  • [CLX]

Hey everyone! My gamertag is SonataArctiica (duh) but a lot of people call me Rusty despite it not being my real name lol.

I hadn't checked the forums, or used the "other" site in over a year, didn't have xbox live gold and didn't feel like paying. I got a short trial code and realized how much fun this game can be! Just trying to remember how to play this game now lol.

I didn't post much even when I played all the time, easier to watch train wrecks discussion than get involved :popcorn:

My favorite higher tier tank is the T-54 (probably because it's my only tier 9) and my favorite Premium is the Motherland, turns out it's the one tank I can still succeed in :p

My favorite seal-clubber low tier tank is the Pz. II, as my 298 battles, 2.1 k/d, and Steel Wall medal indicate :medal:

Maybe one day I'll be a magical unicorn like everybody else here. Who knows

Spoiler

Edited by SonataArctiica, 21 November 2017 - 05:49 PM.

Joco3000, on 26 April 2016 - 04:33 PM, said:

Have you tried sobbing uncontrollably?
I've found that that helps great in many situations.

my only claim to any fame is a Steel Wall medal in a Pz. II

Also tagged with Thread.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users