Thread.

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

JollyFishman #41 Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:25 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 19676 battles
  • [MIBAD]

Hi I'm Fish and been around since the 360 beta.

I think I spent most of the first year just messing about until I switched on and started to learn how to play the game properly.

My favorite tanks are either a Cromwell or an SP, one gets me into trouble quickly and the other gets me there in installments :).

RUNNINGDUDE1 #42 Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:34 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 19222 battles
Meh, screw ruthless already

Zakeos Thunder #43 Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16291 battles
  • [-RC-]
Well I usually post here when I have something I would like to show the community or just give my opinion on a issue which generally isn't very often. I've been playing for a little bit over 2 years now. I am not a Light, td, or arty person although I have played them. For me personally I like playing higher to mid tiers. I mostly prefer to rip people apart with mediums when people can't see me or just can't shoot me to begin with and I also like brawling with heavily armored tanks. A few Heavies I like to play are the Chieftain, T110E5, Conqueror, M103, and E-75. The Mediums I like to play are the Obj 430, Leo 1, E50M, M48 Patton, Type 61, and Pershing.

Tier X  : M48 Patton**, T110e5**, T57 Heavy**, Centurion AX**, Chieftain**, FV215b**, FV215b 183, E 50M*, E100 , Leopard 1**, Maus*, JpzE100**, AMX 50 B*, AMX 30 B* , Bat Chat 25t*, Object 430**, T-62A*, Object 140*, IS-4**, IS-7*, 121*,113*, STB-1*

Three Marked Tanks: M103***, Conqueror***, E-75***

Darkgift #44 Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:57 AM

Major

• Players
  • 12652 battles
  • [BNKR]
Hi, my name is Darkgift..

I love my waffle..

That is all...

Dark

Thanks go to Violet Viper X for the sig!

ErinaceousHedge #45 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:07 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12530 battles

I've been playing for 2 years now (actually got my 2 years service badge last week). I tend to not post so much because when i do i tend to say unhelpful things. Plus i tend to read the post too late, so what i want to say, has already been said...

Any-who, i like my meds, the russian ones. Also any autoloader, they're super wonderful:trollface:

"The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons."  - Soviet Military Doctrine

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

RuneViking560 #46 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12302 battles
Hi,
I do a lot of lurking. Read the forum pages every day, make a comment now and again, just generally try and keep up with what everyone is talking about.
I must say that this is the only game that has kept me interested and wanting to play, ever!
I play every day even if it's only a quick half hour.
Wife reads books, I play tanks, my son plays minecraft ,on my account. we're fine with that.
Try to pick up tips and techniques , try to git gud! Hopefully see some of you on the battlefield.
Cheers everybody.

HonkersTheGoose #47 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:18 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14374 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 16 August 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Is a rare sight to see you here Goose, thanks for posting :-) 

Of course. :) Who knows, I may start posting more. Can't lurk in the shadows alllll the time. :hiding:

jayse81 #48 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11280 battles
  • [27PZR]
Been playing over a year with a 4 months break in between, very average player but won't let that spoil my fun, I  play most nights as have some great fun playing with my platoon/clan buddies, preferred tank of choice is the knight, although I'm starting to like the chieftain too 

JelliedPenny08 #49 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9328 battles

Welcome all lurkers and new people.  :)

I tried to give out *1s til I ran out. I'll be honest, I understand the lurking thing - I did it for a long time before I started posting. I wanted to get an idea of who was who and the lie of the land. There is a lot of info and help here available to all. Don't be afraid to share, ask or join in. 

Also when you lurk for a long time you feel that you "know" some of the people here in a small way. It's quite cool to be able to see familiar tags in battle and share a GG, because they recognise you too. You can be a part of that (even if you play as badly as I do!) and you might have the best idea the forum has ever seen! If you want to step from the shadows, maybe now is the time...  ;)

Great thread R35T - and glad to hear you're enjoying it out there again!  :)

DamDej #50 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8767 battles
  • [REDIT]

People commenting with 2k+ comments saying they are lurkers lol :)

Anyhow.. I don't comment because I don't have much free time. I use all my free (gaming) time to play WoT. I just check the forums and WoT reddit to get up to date with the news and changes.

If anyone wants to platoon on ps4 EU server hit me up: DamDej

Played on Xbox 360 under nickname damjan1120 (I had about 3k games there), now on ps4.

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it (Pindar).

My three-marked tanks: M103, Tiger (P), Boilermaker, IS-6, VK 30.01 (H), Charioteer.

sistone #51 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:48 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12335 battles
  • [BNKR]
+1 great thread R3ST. I've been playing for getting on for 3 years now. Like Edge above, I can to the forums looking to improve and found loads of great advice and help. Favourite tanks (currently, they change all the time) are Bulldog, Lycan, Comet, Object 140 and Fury. I'm best at scouting and quick mediums. On EU server a few times a week, usually late evenings.

milesizdead #52 Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8328 battles
  • [FIFI]

Not a lurker per se, but not an active poster either.

Been around since the beta days, took a small break when X1 came out and just couldn't be bothered to play with "oldgen" console any more. Came back, and really only then got into tanks, when it was released on X1. I used to be a hardcore NHL-series kinda guy, but that game series had a rough transition from 360 to X1, so I play less and less of virtual hockey these days.

As tanking goes, I enjoy lights and mediums the most, but I tend to play different classes pretty much evenly. Favorite tank is the Bulldog, no competition there. Russian mediums are nice, as they're so versatile. I'm grinding out (slowly due to these long ops) the french and czech lines at the moment, as I think those mediums would fit my playing style the best.

I platoon maybe 30% of the time, with some IRL friends. I am "proper" clan curious tho, as I'm very competitive at times :)

Violet Viper x #53 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 5273 battles
  • [BNKR]
Cool thread. It's nice to see some new names. :)

R35T NO MORE #54 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12660 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostMADBrettZ, on 17 August 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

R35T, most who "pop up" on forum didn't think you would really leave.......

Most of us WOT addicts, might take a break...... but can we really leave? ( Hotel California plays softly in background..... )

Just broke 2nd year in game & got a Tier X broken German TD to play at last.

Have more tanks than I can easily play & STILL having fun.

Cheers to all here who have helped with my progress...... MB

Violet didn't think i would either lol, i really, really tried but i'm in too deep. If i wasn't part of both forums it might have been final but i enjoy both forums communities too much to go. 

View PostNeeson Season, on 17 August 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

Read the thread title and got interested. Haha. I've made maybe three posts on here? Last two were maybe a year or two ago. I've been around since the 360 beta days, through the impenetrable at2 days (Distinctly remember a game that came down to 2 of em;Tie game). The the Afk threads here everyday days and the black rooster invasion days (sure some people here remember that). Lately I've been taking it easy on Tanks. My favourite tanks are probably the T23E3 (3 marked; can be quite a bully!), the Rampamzer (2 marked;Ramming Speed!), and the IS 6 (2marked;Like it a lot more than the IS 3 for some reason.).

I didn't buy the T23E3, kicking myself a bit as after the buffs it looks like a very good tank. The IS-6 is great, i think the armour holds up alot better than that on the IS-3 as it doesn't face tier X and only faces IXs sometimes. Hope you get that 3rd mark. 

View PostGrimace151, on 17 August 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

not sure if im a lurker more of a binge poster. Nothing for a while then put up 3 posts today, not much traction in the game suggestion section. I will move them to gen pop in a couple of day. I have an idea for a arty free weekend poll idea that i will create in a little time then back to hibernation. 

Sounds like an interesting idea tbf, i'd be curious to see how it went if they implemented it. 

View PostSecndChance WGA, on 17 August 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

I've pinned this thread in hopes to get some long time lurkers to post for the first time.

R35t NO MORE has started a good thing here and we should keep this thread on topic and on track.

View PostKY PRO 2008, on 17 August 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

guess im some what a loner n lurker on the forums.   been around wot the 360 beta n before.   was in the marine corp 15 years so being around tanks comes natural

15 yrs is quite a stretch. I can only imagine how powerful todays tanks must be. Always good to see that a beta player has stuck with the game. Ironically i miss Sand river, Mali, Cliffs and Mines, seem to rarely see them now. 

View PostT_reaper_01, on 17 August 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

Awesome, appreciate the info! 

That's what's great about the forums is there's so many great people with plenty of knowledge and experience to discuss,

Yeah lol  I have to take a break from the slow Churchill etc grind and go to a faster med tank or since I have my t67 "Elited" I'll run it a while to rack up some free XP. Buy just like anything else we really want we have to have conviction if you really want to accomplish it so the grind will be worth it in the end.

Also going for the E4, along with many others, but I'm really loving this gameplay and the realness of it. Looking forward to the future with tooning and hopefully a clan someday. I'm not Mic'd up yet but I will be. 

Btw on that topic does anyone here know if I can Bluetooth connect the Beats X by Dre, earbuds, to the ps4 somehow? I looked up a "Creative?" dongle but still not sure if it will work or not, and can't get a good answer from Apple or Sony. Just trying to save spending  the money on ordering the dongle if I can know it won't work for sure. Do most of you use an actual gaming headset or something a little simpler, smaller? 

The Churchill grind can get tedious but it makes the Chieftain that bit better as you had to work for it. The E4 is very powerful and can slice through IS-7s like a knife through butter. I can't help regarding the headphones i'm afraid. 

View PostObi Geek, on 17 August 2017 - 02:29 AM, said:

Sure I'll post (I really liked the get free gold with posting a WWII pic a year or so ago the best!!!) and I have been playing since the 360 beta. This is probably my most loved Xbox game and my favorite tank has always been the Tiger 1. Even in the beginning when when Tiger 1 sucked and the VK 36 was better as a heavy hitting medium. I'd like to know how much better my Tiger 1 stats would be if it had always been the beast it is now? Please consider some more ways to earn free gold and I appreciate you folks providing this game. One more thing, can we please get World of Warships on the Xbox and even better can it be linked to my Tanks account so I can use my 50 million silver there too!

The Tiger is amazing, quite a fan too even in the old days when it was a pure sniper and an IS encounter was certain death. If they brought over WoWS i'd probably not play any other game for years. 

View PostEnd0ceT, on 17 August 2017 - 02:37 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

I first searched out this forum a few years ago when I couldn't figure out why my tier 5 Chaffee kept seeing tier 10 matches. After a little bit of reading, I found out why.

Since then I've pretty much been lurking around here like it's my job. Only post once in a blue moon. Some of the things found on this forum can be awesome, like "Where to Take Your Tank". Speaking of tanks, I mostly like them all but don't play TD's and arty a whole lot.

I also lurk the heck out of another site dedicated to WOT that's run by a husband and wife team with the gamertag initials R and V. Wait, that's too obvious. Let's just say their name's end in 35T and iolet.

:great: Really glad to see that you also check our forum. The map guide is one of the most well done guides i've seen, Ace and Roof did a great job with it. 

View PostTea-boi, on 17 August 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

I have to make my wife tea when she wants a cuppa. Hence the tag.

I play on the US server as the Asian one sucks. So constantly battling lag. Other than that the game is fab. Most fun I have ever had on a PC or PS4.

:teethhappy: i'm also the tea maker, it's the only thing i can be trusted to make. 

View PostEdgewater76, on 17 August 2017 - 03:28 AM, said:

I will bite

Hello I am Edge and I have been playing since launch on PS4.  Came to the forums originally to learn how to play better and it actually seems to be working.  I was able to get my win rate above 50%.  Currently slowly working on British heavies, Jagaroo, T-62a, TVP T50/51, US medium and  Chinese Heavies.  Waiting on the T95 to see if it gets the speed buff from PC.  

Edge

Congrats on breaking 50% :) pretty much all the tanks you're going for are amazing ( the Jageroo can troll a bit but is funny to use, people run away). 

View PostJollyFishman, on 17 August 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

Hi I'm Fish and been around since the 360 beta.

I think I spent most of the first year just messing about until I switched on and started to learn how to play the game properly.

My favorite tanks are either a Cromwell or an SP, one gets me into trouble quickly and the other gets me there in installments :).

Both good tanks. The Cromwell is rapidly becoming a favourite, but bullying tanks with the SP is always good. 

View PostErinaceousHedge, on 17 August 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

I've been playing for 2 years now (actually got my 2 years service badge last week). I tend to not post so much because when i do i tend to say unhelpful things. Plus i tend to read the post too late, so what i want to say, has already been said...

Any-who, i like my meds, the russian ones. Also any autoloader, they're super wonderful:trollface:

You're evil lol :playing:

View PostRuneViking560, on 17 August 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Hi,
I do a lot of lurking. Read the forum pages every day, make a comment now and again, just generally try and keep up with what everyone is talking about.
I must say that this is the only game that has kept me interested and wanting to play, ever!
I play every day even if it's only a quick half hour.
Wife reads books, I play tanks, my son plays minecraft ,on my account. we're fine with that.
Try to pick up tips and techniques , try to git gud! Hopefully see some of you on the battlefield.
Cheers everybody.

Sounds like you've got a good arrangement there, hope to see you out there too, on greens hopefully. 

View Postjayse81, on 17 August 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

Been playing over a year with a 4 months break in between, very average player but won't let that spoil my fun, I  play most nights as have some great fun playing with my platoon/clan buddies, preferred tank of choice is the knight, although I'm starting to like the chieftain too 

The Knight is the reason i've started enjoying the game again. Amazing tank. Just can't decide if i should name the commander Austin Powers or Mr Bean. 

View Postmilesizdead, on 17 August 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Not a lurker per se, but not an active poster either.

Been around since the beta days, took a small break when X1 came out and just couldn't be bothered to play with "oldgen" console any more. Came back, and really only then got into tanks, when it was released on X1. I used to be a hardcore NHL-series kinda guy, but that game series had a rough transition from 360 to X1, so I play less and less of virtual hockey these days.

As tanking goes, I enjoy lights and mediums the most, but I tend to play different classes pretty much evenly. Favorite tank is the Bulldog, no competition there. Russian mediums are nice, as they're so versatile. I'm grinding out (slowly due to these long ops) the french and czech lines at the moment, as I think those mediums would fit my playing style the best.

I platoon maybe 30% of the time, with some IRL friends. I am "proper" clan curious tho, as I'm very competitive at times :)

The Czech medium line seems to be a good one to go for, the few times i have played tier X recently i've seen them wreak havoc. 

Haven't replied to that many posts in 1 go since the Cry Havoc days, i might have accidentally missed a few, browser crashed part way through. Great to see names i don't recognise posting, like i said in the OP we need some new faces, so to speak. 

Credit to Violet Viper x for the great sig.

Come check out The Bunker, the alternative WoTforum

My Chieftain review

Spexinator25 #55 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:54 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 60978 battles
  • [KRZ8]
Hello fellow tankers and remember to bring your A-game on the battlefield...Kill you l8r..lol!

leedozer #56 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23931 battles
  • [47R]
should be a good thing,what stops me posting more are the salty no it all guys,who think it's there way or no way,I'm glad the -1 are gone,or I think it would be a lot worse,it would be good to see some new poster's, get some new perspectives so to speak,just need the usual bad eggs to not jump down there throats, then the forum would be a great place to visit and discuss, there are still some great and helpful guys and gals here, hopefully they can keep up the good work,cheers guys in advance.:great:

Yeller Belli #57 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17002 battles
  • [D-N]
I prefer the term stalking, lurking just makes me sound like I'm up to no good

Hey Pain, will the host have the option of turning premium ammo off?

Nope.  Didn't even occur to me to have this.  Maybe cause it turns off the ability for players to support us

R35T NO MORE #58 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12660 battles
  • [BNKR-]
Non-toxic, meet and greet thread. Let's stick with that for now. Baby steps. We can get to reasons regarding not wanting to post and improvement ideas etc in a future thread. For now lets not risk things devolving. 

Credit to Violet Viper x for the great sig.

Come check out The Bunker, the alternative WoTforum

My Chieftain review

Shadow Akula 96 #59 Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7280 battles

Well..... I'm Shadow Akula, I guess I'm kind of a lurker because I only post on topics that peak my interests or topics I create (which are usually "heads up this is in store" topics (I know I dropped the ball on the V/IV) or when I ask if I should get a tank bundle or not). Just a heads up that if you see me in game (I'm in EU Server) I may or may not rage/send hate-mail at people (I'm working on it though) so just ignore me if I do send a message please, thanks :)

Btw nice thread R35T :)
Can I go back into the shadows now? 

Edit: oh and if you guys do see me and if I'm in a slow tank, please do not attempt to give me a boost, thanks. (I do not trust anyone behind me for 2 reasons, 1. Trolls who push me into enemy fire 2. People park behind me stopping me from retreating when I need to)

Pssst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis

CheweyBadge #60 Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25980 battles
  • [-U-]
Been playing since PS4 beta and have 23k battles played. My most played tank and my favorite is the M41 Walker Bulldog. My favorite tier 10 is the Leopard 1. I enjoy lights and mediums the most ;) I also started a YouTube channel just because of tanks @ CheweyBadge :)  

Also tagged with Thread.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users