• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

MMCorreia #1 Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9794 battles
  • [KLT]

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help me decide. I'm finishing the OP and currently trying to decide which tank to choose. I already have the CDC, and when comparing with the M4A1 Revalorisé, it seems that the M4A1 just trades the mobility, DPM, PEN and soft gun stats for a bigger alpha (since they are both as armored as paper tissue). Would this be a correct assessment?  is there any extra info between comparing these tanks that would make the M4A1 a better option?

(I also already have the T95 Chieftain and Cromwell knight)

BoereJack #2 Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33984 battles
  • [XRM]

i unlocked mine(m4 rev) yesterday, and i have only put one game in it so far. So i might not have the best experience to advise.

As i own both cdc's and now the rev, i can tell you that it is a different kind of beast. every 10 seconds 400 alpha never get's old, esspecially on a medium.

i did notice in my run ins with the rev(or m51) that it can bouce shots on the gunmantle, and the cdc just never bounces. 

I would say go for it, as it makes good silver and is an other great way to train your french crews with the daily double's

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

3 MARKED TANKS:

SNAKEBITE, T21, SP1C, LYCAN, T-54 LWT

begbeee_svk #3 Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16476 battles

View PostBoereJack, on 22 August 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

i unlocked mine(m4 rev) yesterday, and i have only put one game in it so far. So i might not have the best experience to advise.

As i own both cdc's and now the rev, i can tell you that it is a different kind of beast. every 10 seconds 400 alpha never get's old, esspecially on a medium.

i did notice in my run ins with the rev(or m51) that it can bouce shots on the gunmantle, and the cdc just never bounces

I would say go for it, as it makes good silver and is an other great way to train your french crews with the daily double's

DutchCupid62 #4 Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11722 battles
  • [NLPZR]

View PostBoereJack, on 22 August 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

i did notice in my run ins with the rev(or m51) that it can bouce shots on the gunmantle, and the cdc just never bounces. 

Lol you must be lucky as hell. I never bounce a shot of a M4A1 Rev. even when hitting the gun mantlet. 

NLPZR Dutch clan recruitment thread:

http://forum-console...-clan-xbox-one/

MMCorreia #5 Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9794 battles
  • [KLT]
Thanks for the info guys!

Cheetah1728 #6 Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34132 battles
I'm enjoying the rev much more than I ever did the CDC. They're quite opposite in size, mobility, and firepower.
If you need to swiftly speed away/relocate the rev can't really do it, you also don't wanna get into a close range dpm fight ever. Keep your distance and let that gun sing. It's also not that bad either compared to the complaints I've read/heard. Ofcourse it probably helps I currently have a trained crew in it I can't imagine it being worthless otherwise.

If it's a tier 10 battle... well, you're bottom tier in a tier 5 hull. Nuff said. You still pack a tier 10 medium's alpha when you do pen and can't be ignored. The velocity also really helps.

Thing about the CDC is you need to hang around for the dpm to properly work, but you're larger and paper. Rev can just peek, shoot, relocate a bit, and repeat.

Should also mention I've got a fair number of T-34-3 games and the experience of a slow firing medium carries. One has an educated gun with terrible armor, the other is drunk and confused but can actually bounce/brawl more.

begbeee_svk #7 Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16476 battles

View PostCheetah1728, on 24 August 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I'm enjoying the rev much more than I ever did the CDC. They're quite opposite in size, mobility, and firepower.
If you need to swiftly speed away/relocate the rev can't really do it, you also don't wanna get into a close range dpm fight ever. Keep your distance and let that gun sing. It's also not that bad either compared to the complaints I've read/heard. Ofcourse it probably helps I currently have a trained crew in it I can't imagine it being worthless otherwise.

If it's a tier 10 battle... well, you're bottom tier in a tier 5 hull. Nuff said. You still pack a tier 10 medium's alpha when you do pen and can't be ignored. The velocity also really helps.

Thing about the CDC is you need to hang around for the dpm to properly work, but you're larger and paper. Rev can just peek, shoot, relocate a bit, and repeat.

Should also mention I've got a fair number of T-34-3 games and the experience of a slow firing medium carries. One has an educated gun with terrible armor, the other is drunk and confused but can actually bounce/brawl more.

Not bad comparision at all. Still, CDC mobility gives it an edge. When you know when and where to relocate in case of things going well or going south - and you have 60 kmph mobility to do that - that´s the powerful tool. You can´t do that in Rev, I suppose. 

That being said, having 390 alpha over 220 is sweet. That´s exactly what I love on my AMX 30 1er. Prototype is everything, what CDC wishes to be. The same speed and agility, when using depression occassional bounce or two per match and 390 alpha with 260 penetration means you can snapshot reliably or be exposed less.

MASHMAN 90 #8 Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34491 battles

View PostDutchCupid62, on 24 August 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

Lol you must be lucky as hell. I never bounce a shot of a M4A1 Rev. even when hitting the gun mantlet. 

Yep M4 Sherman shouldn't bounce at that tier, but bounced nearly 1k dmg one game and 770 in War Stories (i know it's War Stories, Weak AI but was facing Tier 7-8 Tanks).

I don't really like the CDC as too fast and fragile for me, like a larger Hellcat but mostly like the Rev as with lost mobility, i have to go into Supporting positions. Once on Arctic Region South, i went in TD spot and got 4k dmg unspotted. Alpha is nice.

Both are decent, Shells are cheap in the Rev (580 per shell i think) for 390 Alpha, you should be paying 1000 Silver minimum for that shell so making twice the Silver if it hits.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

MASHMAN 90 #9 Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34491 battles
All the Rev/Super Sherman is is an M4 Sherman for armour and lookalike, Firefly/Boilermaker Mobility and an accurate Soviet gun (Yes i know it really isn't Soviet but most of them has the same 390 damage), Gun has 2.4 sec aim time, around a 10-12 sec reload and 10 degrees of gun depression.

i generally post more News on Twitter these days but "may" post on Forum from time to time on my Future Vehicles Thread

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/205056-future-update-vehicle-changes/ 

Disclaimer Below: If you don't read it and take my guesses as fact then it's not my fault.

Cheetah1728 #10 Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 34132 battles

View PostHFG Mash, on 24 August 2017 - 05:30 AM, said:

Both are decent, Shells are cheap in the Rev (580 per shell i think) for 390 Alpha, you should be paying 1000 Silver minimum for that shell so making twice the Silver if it hits.

lol if that's true. For comparison and continuation of my prior post. The T-34-3's shells are 1025 a pop, if not they're very close in the 10xx range anyways and typically less reliable due to gun handling.
Also just remembered the Rev takes a medium caliber gun rammer vs the T-34-3's large. 200k vs 500k so it's also cheaper to equip(not like it really matters as either can make that back relatively shortly).

CDC's mobility is great and even unnerving at how mobile it is. Downside is that can get you into trouble just as quick. I don't mind the CDC, but I've had better success/fun with the FCM 50t and Rev even if I've had the Rev for maybe a day or so. I've waited quite some time and even skipped the M51, but glad I finally got it.

MASHMAN 90 #11 Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34491 battles

View PostCheetah1728, on 24 August 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

lol if that's true. For comparison and continuation of my prior post. The T-34-3's shells are 1025 a pop, if not they're very close in the 10xx range anyways and typically less reliable due to gun handling.
Also just remembered the Rev takes a medium caliber gun rammer vs the T-34-3's large. 200k vs 500k so it's also cheaper to equip(not like it really matters as either can make that back relatively shortly).

CDC's mobility is great and even unnerving at how mobile it is. Downside is that can get you into trouble just as quick. I don't mind the CDC, but I've had better success/fun with the FCM 50t and Rev even if I've had the Rev for maybe a day or so. I've waited quite some time and even skipped the M51, but glad I finally got it.

Yup it's true, that's why Rev is a good money maker as 580 silver for what essentially is a Soviet gun is impressive.

electronaut1976 #12 Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22321 battles
unlocked my Rev yesterday and love it so far. Small size, great gun. Slapping tanks for 390 is hilarious on a medium.

MASHMAN 90 #13 Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 34491 battles

View Postelectronaut1976, on 25 August 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

unlocked my Rev yesterday and love it so far. Small size, great gun. Slapping tanks for 390 is hilarious on a medium.

True, although the RNG may likely be below 390, Once had one as low as i think 313 and had another way over 400 but more unders :)

darrenv64 #14 Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9235 battles
  • [741ST]
The M4A1 Rev. is a golden goose when it comes to raking in the XP and silver. It's the #2 rated cash cow. Causing damage makes silver, and this tank can really deal out the damage. Like others have pointed out, you have to keep your distance and remain in cover except to spot and shoot, then scoot or reposition. I've made the mistake on several occasions of following Heavy teammates too closely and ending up overmatched in a brawl. Stay back, let your teammates spot targets for you, take pot shots. Assist teammates by damaging (possibly destroying) opposing tanks they're dueling with. You're like the scrappy girlfriend in a bar-fight who sneaks up behind and cracks her boyfriend's opponents with a baseball bat.

EL CUCUI #15 Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31443 battles
I have both the CDC and Revalorisé and they don't compare. Don't let the specs fool you. The are very different. I like the CDC but I think the Revalorisé is now my favorite tank. Powerful gun, very accurate, quick aim time, which helps when peek a boo shooting behind cover. The ability to aim and shoot quick and then duck behind cover, makes up for lighter armor. Reload time > 12 sec. Rammer brings it down to 11 sec. Brother in arms and vents will bring reload time down even more. Get the Revalorisé! 

D3n4rd #16 Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12163 battles
  • [T0RUK]

News, M41 Revalorisé was NERF, the actual penetration with prem ammo is 250 but really in game IS NOT THE REAL pen !!!

Howether, before the nerf this tank pen a lot of tanks in front with prem, now it's over, idem for money, before nerf this tank give a lot of money in prem ammo, now is finish, don't buy it, it becam [edited]!!!

darrenv64 #17 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9235 battles
  • [741ST]

View PostExoFr4g, on 10 November 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

News, M41 Revalorisé was NERF, the actual penetration with prem ammo is 250 but really in game IS NOT THE REAL pen !!!

Howether, before the nerf this tank pen a lot of tanks in front with prem, now it's over, idem for money, before nerf this tank give a lot of money in prem ammo, now is finish, don't buy it, it becam [edited]!!!

Actually, the gun on the M4A1 Revalorise and M51, a modified F1 (shorter barrel and breach), was capable of penetrating 400mm thick armor, accurately, out to 3000 meters using HEAT. So yes, it's massively nerf'd. However, as an XP and silver miner, it performs admirably. Very few can run this tank to its full potential (I'm not one of them, no high caliber or top gun medals for me). Even with below average game performance though, this thing has helped grind and fund higher tier tanks.

alex0lok #18 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:10 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18466 battles
  • [BUP]

View PostExoFr4g, on 10 November 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

Your personal view doesn’t mean it’s true.

HEAT rounds are usually absorbed by spaced armor, and has worse normalizatiom than AP or APCR rounds (in short, 250 pen AP in a short distance can penetrate more armor than 250 pen HEAT). However, HEAT doesn’t lose pen over distance.

M4A1 is not exactly the most accurate sniper, and in its tier there are a lot of heavily armored targets with plenty of spaced armor. Penetration is also subject to 25% RNG, so on a bad day your HEAT would bounce off a lot. You can rant but there has been no nerf.

darrenv64 #19 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9235 battles
  • [741ST]

To be clear. When I refer to something being either OP, buffed, or nerf'd, it's in respect to demonstrated, historical, or real capabilities of a given piece of equipment compared to in-game "balance." For example, the Obus G, HEAT projectile, was capable of penetrating 400mm of armor, and was very accurate out to 3000 meters. However, in the game, the same projectile will only penetrate 250mm out of the Revalorise/M51, and 320mm in the AMX-30B. Reminder, HEAT rounds penetrate regardless of velocity, so the AMX-30B should not have the advantage. The "nerf," in this instance, is in regards to the projectiles actual capabilities.

Also tagged with M4A1, CDC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users