Map variants

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DerailedWingnut #1 Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21423 battles
  • [WLPK]

So WG have stated that some map variants, citing Mountain Pass specifically as an example, have differences between them. Maybe I don't pay enough attention, but between all these map variants, aside from aesthetics, the only difference I have noticed is an insignificant amount more water next to the town on El Halluf - Rain.

War variants excluded of course, as some of those are much different, what are the differences between some of these variants?

Check Out The Bunker, Our Mods Aren't Fascists: HTTPS://TheBunker.FreeForums.Net

Mastery 99% Mastery 95 % Mastery 80% Mastery 50% All Nation Tanks Elite Italics = Grinding * = Mark Of Excellence

SGT Rock 1963 #2 Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:58 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]
Seasonal weather, It's good for 4 variations, To WG. The war varient makes 5 versions per map. Not counting the different game modes per map. Or the 3 times of day per map. Then you have natural disasters, Typhoon, Sand Storm , Blizzard etc. But to me, Its still all the same "MAP", If I were a designer, Guess then they would be different maps. All 20 different varieties, Of the same map. Just because of the work involved. But I'm a gamer, So they are still the same map regardless, Of any variation added. Another words, "Port", Will always be "Port", Regardless of the flavor, As an example.     FYI, I like Port.   :B  But I drink "Champipple". Fred Sanford  special. Yeah just Google it, I guess. If your under 30.

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

Putinondafoil #3 Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 74170 battles
  • [SNAFU]
Some versions of a map are more purdy than others, depending on one's tastes of course. 
You can wish in one hand and crap in the other. See which fills up first. :playing:

suicidalblues #4 Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 42881 battles
  • [WOFT]
I wish they'd change up the cookie cutter design of the maps. I know people here are always complaining about map balance but it leads to 90% of them feeling too similar.

Flank left, flank right, bowl in the middle.

How about narrower stretches of land? One side has a hill and slopes to the other spawn. Tanks on the high ground with poor gun depression would be forced to move to locations that offer a better vantage. Same with tanks on the low side with poor elevation. Or some variance anyway.

A good player would still be able to take advantage of his surroundings and a potato is gonna potato no matter where he spawns.

Also tagged with Map variants

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users