• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Dsylexic Shrimp #21 Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:59 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24405 battles
  • [LTN]

WORST PREMIUM TANK I HAVE ever SPENT GOLD ON! DO NOT BUY

Super slow, drives like the stock TT Tiger 1, but has no armor at all. Carries an incredibly large number of rounds, which must account for the slow speed, but will never live long enough to fire 1/3 of its capacity.   

Can be penned at ANY angle, by even tier IV tanks. Just HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. If you like getting frontally penned by a T1 Heavy at 300 meters, this is the "heavy" tank for you. 

Gun works well, but is slow, even with rammer and BIA. Traded shots with a T25/2 and was outgunned. Just BAD. BAD BAD BAD

Wroclaw #22 Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57184 battles

T1 Heavy firing premium will dish hurt on tier 7's 

not a valid tank to use as an example

SteelTiiTan #23 Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16825 battles
  • [-NS-]

View PostDsylexic Shrimp, on 22 September 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

Super slow, drives like the stock TT Tiger 1, but has no armor at all. Carries an incredibly large number of rounds, which must account for the slow speed, but will never live long enough to fire 1/3 of its capacity.   

Can be penned at ANY angle, by even tier IV tanks. Just HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. If you like getting frontally penned by a T1 Heavy at 300 meters, this is the "heavy" tank for you. 

Gun works well, but is slow, even with rammer and BIA. Traded shots with a T25/2 and was outgunned. Just BAD. BAD BAD BAD

It's the same armour as any other Tiger 1 variant and the reload without food is about 5 and a half seconds for mine which is incredible for a tier 6. The tank is competitive, it's not as overpowered as a tiger 131 but it's better than the tech tree tier 6 German heavies.

Dsylexic Shrimp #24 Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24405 battles
  • [LTN]

View PostSteelTiiTan, on 23 September 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

It's the same armour as any other Tiger 1 variant and the reload without food is about 5 and a half seconds for mine which is incredible for a tier 6. The tank is competitive, it's not as overpowered as a tiger 131 but it's better than the tech tree tier 6 German heavies.

I didn't expect a 131, or the Hammer, just a tank that is fun to drive and deserving of my $30 purchase. This tank is not fun, is borderline horrible-bad, and couldn't get out of its own way downhill with a tier X Leo 1 pushing it. It's not saying much, but I 2 striped the Tiger 1 and this tank is nothing like it. Unless you put a solid 5 skill crew in it you can't brawl cause everything pens you (vk 28 from 400 m, properly angled, firing standard rounds), it can't snipe cause everything under the sun spots it from across the map, and it has no mobility. T-150 nearby, crawl away and hide, hope it shoots someone else. The Vk 36, which is the proto-type to this model, historically, spanks it like an unruly child. It can't out compete any of the "good" mediums in the same tier, and for what the tank is supposed to be, I shouldn't have to run onigiri in the damn thing just to have fun playing in a stupid tank I bought. It's not worth the money, it's not competitive unless driven by a super purple unicorn ridden by a gold throwing leprechaun and it is singularly the worst purchase I have made in my short, 3 year history of playing this game. That's as honest of an opinion I can give of my experience with this tank. And, fyi, I am one of those weird tankers that thinks even the St Emil can be fun to blow stuff up in, so.... my margin for what is, and is not, a fun tank to drive is pretty wide.

SteelTiiTan #25 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16825 battles
  • [-NS-]

View PostDsylexic Shrimp, on 24 September 2017 - 03:28 AM, said:

I didn't expect a 131, or the Hammer, just a tank that is fun to drive and deserving of my $30 purchase. This tank is not fun, is borderline horrible-bad, and couldn't get out of its own way downhill with a tier X Leo 1 pushing it. It's not saying much, but I 2 striped the Tiger 1 and this tank is nothing like it. Unless you put a solid 5 skill crew in it you can't brawl cause everything pens you (vk 28 from 400 m, properly angled, firing standard rounds), it can't snipe cause everything under the sun spots it from across the map, and it has no mobility. T-150 nearby, crawl away and hide, hope it shoots someone else. The Vk 36, which is the proto-type to this model, historically, spanks it like an unruly child. It can't out compete any of the "good" mediums in the same tier, and for what the tank is supposed to be, I shouldn't have to run onigiri in the damn thing just to have fun playing in a stupid tank I bought. It's not worth the money, it's not competitive unless driven by a super purple unicorn ridden by a gold throwing leprechaun and it is singularly the worst purchase I have made in my short, 3 year history of playing this game. That's as honest of an opinion I can give of my experience with this tank. And, fyi, I am one of those weird tankers that thinks even the St Emil can be fun to blow stuff up in, so.... my margin for what is, and is not, a fun tank to drive is pretty wide.

Guess we just see it differently

pingwrx #26 Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 24317 battles
  • [REDIT]

View PostDsylexic Shrimp, on 23 September 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

Should have researched this tank more thoroughly before spending the money for it.

Dsylexic Shrimp #27 Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:56 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24405 battles
  • [LTN]

View Postpingwrx, on 24 September 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

Should have researched this tank more thoroughly before spending the money for it.

Yeah, well, I had this minor distraction called Hurricane Irma and wasn't connected to the power grid for 7 days. That sorta limited my ability to "research" what was previously discussed as a good tank. My bad for not thoroughly scouring the forum for info. I was just excited to play tanks again, which may have lead to my exuberant purchase, and following sincere dislike, of this tank. A virtual shafting after a long and difficult 10 days. 

Post script, any thoughts on why WG released the 131 after just 2 weeks of selling the Ht VI? I'm guessing they did it so they could distract  and dissuade gamers from buying an otherwise mediocre version of a fan favorite. But that's just the cynical, anti-corporate portion of my brain kicking in.

WarPartyDMO #28 Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:01 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15811 battles

Dang I wish this thing was faster, even just a little.

At top tier has the armor to be up front, but all the low tier teammates I keep getting overwhelmed. Definitely balanced from my experience so far with low pen.

I'll figure this out eventually

...just along for the ride :child:

sumplkrum #29 Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12533 battles

Pretty good when top tier. It likes clubbing tier IV's and V's.
The Tiger armor is squishy vs VII's, and VIII's, but works great vs lower tier guns.

You're definitely not going to beat a 131, Hammer, or TT Tiger because they all have more health and better dpm, but it's nowhere near as bad as some are claiming.

This is my second or third game in the tank. Top tier with a Devastator medal. 2200 damage, 7 kills.

http://xboxdvr.com/g...eenshot/7390834

http://xboxdvr.com/g...eenshot/7390884

Stat masturbation:

Greywoolfe64 #30 Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16594 battles
  • [27PZR]
I don't know about that- with APCR I was able to take out an O-Ni, and almost took out a tech tree Tiger 1, except that a T23E3 on my team beat me to the kill shot!

"Some say that he dines on lower glacis, and that he once spent three weeks hiding in a thick French bush. All we know is, he's called the Stug!"

Current garage (MOE's marked with star*) -click spoiler.

Spoiler

AKalashnikovT #31 Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15532 battles
  • [ASH]
I had this tank for two weeks without playing it because everybody said it was garbage, this was not my experience. I played a couple games in a row and I was rather happy with how it performed, glad I didn't sell it based on others opinions of it. Does it have preferred mm now?

sumplkrum #32 Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12533 battles

View PostAKalashnikovT, on 09 May 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

I had this tank for two weeks without playing it because everybody said it was garbage, this was not my experience. I played a couple games in a row and I was rather happy with how it performed, glad I didn't sell it based on others opinions of it. Does it have preferred mm now?

It does not have PMM
Sees up to tier VIII.

On the plus side, you come across tier V's more often than you would a regular Tiger, and sometimes tier IVs.
Stat masturbation:

AKalashnikovT #33 Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15532 battles
  • [ASH]
Wasn't sure, couple of clan mates told me it was pmm. Although I was sure I had seen one in a tier VIII before. At it's own tier it performs well, I guess we'll see how it does when I knock around with VIII's.

KingTomatillo #34 Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9494 battles

View PostDsylexic Shrimp, on 22 September 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

I beg to differ, this tank is excellent in tier 6 and tier 7.  In tier 8, you have to flank and know when to.  But tier 6 it rips everything to pieces.
banner.png?0.23391566732211477

Zxyphos #35 Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]
The Tiger 217 should have very similar specs to the HT No. VI. So, unless one really loves this tank or needs a Japanese premium I think it's wise to wait for the Tiger 217 coming out later this year--according to a Q&A. 

DertyChewbacca #36 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8883 battles
I love this tank. I do fairly well in it, even though my WR in this tank will tell you otherwise. I needed something other than the Chi-Nu-Kai to train my Japanese crews. If it had PMM it would be a beast.

Knot3D #37 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22828 battles
I'm still somewhat tempted to get this one - but I won't, if update 4.6 isn't going to properly fix this game.

Also tagged with heavy, tank, japan, japanese, tiger

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users