New rewards for earn ops

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

ScottRey97 #1 Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13820 battles

I noticed were getting more variety now for completing ops as well as earn ops.

We have things we can earn like:

Garage slots (war stories)

Premium time

XP boosts

Silver boosts

Crew boosts

Crew customization vouchers

Specific emblems

As well as tanks and more curious things like specific tank discounts (war stories - defiance tank discount) 

I have a few suggestions of things you can give us for ops/earn ops:

Emblem vouchers:

rather than give us one specific emblem we might not like, introduce emblem vouchers that co-inside with (rather than replace) the silver and gold costs.

6 vouchers: permenant special event emblem (as these seem to cost more)

4 vouchers: permanent emblem

2 vouchers: emblem for a week

1 voucher: emblem for a day

These vouchers should be redeemable for an emblem of our choosing. (Perhaps special charity one's permanent option still reserved to gold if you'd prefer).

Camouflage/inscription vouchers:

This will work in essentially the same way as the emblem vouchers but perhaps an increase in cost for the camo as they have an in-game effect on your tank.

Free XP to crew XP tokens:

These tokens (one time use only, like boosts) would be in several shapes or colours and would work as follows:

Blue token: grants the conversion of up to 2,000 free XP to crew XP

Green token: grants the conversion of up to 5,000 free XP to crew XP

It would follow that general increase in cost. And each token would obviously have higher costs. Say it we're a point based earn op, a blue token would be 25 points and a green token would be 60.

You could also, if you wish, tie these to nations so upon completion it would read as follows:

OP redeemed:

Soviet Blue token; grants the conversion of up to 2,000 free XP to crew XP on any Soviet crew.

Crew XP to free XP tokens:

This essentially being the same idea as free XP to crew XP but with some additional rules.

You aren't allowed to convert a crews training, as in their mastery of a tank 50%-100%.

But you are allowed to convert any crew XP earned towards a skill or perk. So let's say for example the blue token is 2,000 crew XP to 2,000 free XP (you may want to modify the exchange rates) this being taken from the skill 'sixth sense' and when it is done the skill goes from it's let's say 5% to 3% (I don't have the most informed idea as to the crew XP costs per skill).

Premium consumables:

You always hear about how good tanks are with <insert nation's food here> but these things cost gold and many people (myself included) simply don't spend gold on them.

Perhaps you could add the nation's food/drink as well as the usual large repair/med kit and auto extinguisher as an Op reward.

(Though I know large repair kits and medkits are given out from time to time already).

Tank time trails:

Now this one would be incredibly difficult to implement (I imagine), but basically you complete the ops requirement and you gain a time trail for a premium tank of your choice (or a set tank) for 1-20 minutes or for 1-5 games and once it is over it's removed from your account.

You will not be able to use equipment or equip visual modifications in order to reduce  complications.

100% Crews (with or without skills/perks):

This would go as follows; you meet the ops requirement and get a 100% crew (for a set nation or preferably of your own choosing) 

As an additional option there could be a 100% crew that also comes with enough xp for 1 skill.

Tank discount vouchers:

These basically can be used on any tank in the tech tree. You highlight the tank and it takes off a percentage of its price, there could be both premium and standard tank discount vouchers.

There could be different vouchers with different percentages of discount.

-------------------------------------

Some of these have better chances of working than others, just thought this would spice up the rewarding through ops system a bit.

This thread has been shared with development and production teams for review. Thanks for posting.

Secondchance

KLLDZR #2 Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14192 battles
^Me likey!

RUNNINGDUDE1 #3 Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 21673 battles
There is some I like and some I really wouldn't agree with.

ScottRey97 #4 Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13820 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 09 September 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

There is some I like and some I really wouldn't agree with.

these are very 'bare bones' ideas and I personally doubt many if more than 2 or 3 will be considered. 

Which do you personally think would work?

emperordennis #5 Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:49 AM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16349 battles
  • [THE]

View PostScottRey97, on 09 September 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

these are very 'bare bones' ideas and I personally doubt many if more than 2 or 3 will be considered. 

Which do you personally think would work?

I don't want to quote the op since it's so long so I'm  quoting this reply.

They are very good ideas and worth studying, so thanks secondchance for sharing it with development. 

However, since you might not know: premium consumables can be bought for silver as well. Hover over them and press x or y on xbox (can't remember) and it changes to silver. Same with premium ammo. In the past food has also been a reward but not as much as the other ones. 

Very good guide: Beta582's Guide to Everything

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

ScottRey97 #6 Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13820 battles

View Postemperordennis, on 09 September 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

I don't want to quote the op since it's so long so I'm  quoting this reply.

They are very good ideas and worth studying, so thanks secondchance for sharing it with development. 

However, since you might not know: premium consumables can be bought for silver as well. Hover over them and press x or y on xbox (can't remember) and it changes to silver. Same with premium ammo. In the past food has also been a reward but not as much as the other ones. 

I knew of that. Though I don't know if its the same with food? I know I wouldn't mind a repeatable opportunity to get large medkits and auto extinguishers and it not cost me 20k

emperordennis #7 Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

Captain

• Ambassador
  • 16349 battles
  • [THE]

View PostScottRey97, on 09 September 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

I knew of that. Though I don't know if its the same with food? I know I wouldn't mind a repeatable opportunity to get large medkits and auto extinguishers and it not cost me 20k

Yes same with food. But also 20k each game. It's even worse than the big kits since the food costs you every game whereas the kits only cost you if you use them.

Very good guide: Beta582's Guide to Everything

All WoT Console tank characteristics (including hidden stats): WoT Console Encyclopedia

ScottRey97 #8 Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13820 battles

View Postemperordennis, on 09 September 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

Yes same with food. But also 20k each game. It's even worse than the big kits since the food costs you every game whereas the kits only cost you if you use them.

Oh right and Jesus yeah the cost of that would add up quick.

YCS-186 #9 Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19978 battles
  • [HJCAD]
Gold. Maybe 12,000 gold for 1,000 points and 25,000 gold for 2,000 points? Rewards would only be claimable once per account. Maybe throw in some smaller gold prizes as well and call it the Gold Rush earn op.
In the grim darkness of the future of World of Tanks Fantasy, there is only disappointment.
Derp for the Derp God, prammo for the prammo throne! Let the gameplay burn!

N3 Chaos #10 Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:21 PM

Private

• Players
  • 6691 battles
  • [N3]
I would really enjoy the option to buy customizations for silver for a permanent option, that would be ideal I think

NG5 WarPath #11 Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11018 battles
  • [RNC]
I saw a good suggestion in another post on the forums about allowing players to select any premium tank through earn op. I know there are a few tanks (t1e6-x, t-7 combat car, kanonjagpanzer) I'd like to earn that I rarely see on sale

aGundamDownHere #12 Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

Please, no more crew customization vouchers. They're incredibly useless. I customized all the crews I wanted to (sometimes twice), and I still had 30 to spare when I was "rewarded" with 10 more. I want to see a return to receiving lump sums of free XP after certain ops.

Even if it's only in certain circumstances, give tankers the chance to earn gold again, especially as a reward for buying event tanks. I know giving away money in-game isn't a problem with Microsoft or Sony, because both Microsoft and Sony let other companies give away money in other free-to-play games.

As for crews, just giving 100% trained crews is absolutely useless. All you're doing is changing around when you train their tank mastery.

Be verbose - you have a vocabulary for a reason.

Good with words; bad with tanks. At least I can talk you to death.

Required Reading: https://leadershipfr...-like-a-leader/

Realist Jack #13 Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12872 battles
  • [BULL]
I really like the idea of emblem and 100% crew vouchers.

LevelStream18 #14 Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11602 battles
I think the ability to earn a camouflage voucher would be pretty cool, that way I wouldn't have to pay gold every time I wanted to put perma camo on a tank

IKEITH STONE79 #15 Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18115 battles
  • [BULL2]

View PostXGC OddBall, on 14 September 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

I saw a good suggestion in another post on the forums about allowing players to select any premium tank through earn op. I know there are a few tanks (t1e6-x, t-7 combat car, kanonjagpanzer) I'd like to earn that I rarely see on sale

Good idea, but they would have to base it off of the same tiers. Example, an op for a free tier 5 premium tank. No restrictions on country to chose from. Finish op, free tier 5 tank, be it T14, Panzer 5/4, KV-220-2. THAT would be an op worth playing.

IronBallsMatt #16 Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10629 battles

I'd like to be able to win a flip the tank voucher so when the new Phyziks spill my Pershing cos I clipped one of the in map tank wrecks on Prokorovka just as I am homing in on the last couple of reds after an epic bottom tier game flanking and counter sniping, I can enjoy the end game instead of getting gutted by a waffle I cant see but we all know is out there somewhere

ffs

:facepalm:

IKEITH STONE79 #17 Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18115 battles
  • [BULL2]

View PostYCS-186, on 11 September 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

Gold. Maybe 12,000 gold for 1,000 points and 25,000 gold for 2,000 points? Rewards would only be claimable once per account. Maybe throw in some smaller gold prizes as well and call it the Gold Rush earn op.

That won’t happen. Pretty sure that MS and WG have a contract that doesn’t allow WG to give out gold through earned ops. This is why we can’t sell premium tanks back for gold, also. It think it has something to do with how MS runs the Xbox Store.

aGundamDownHere #18 Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

View PostIKEITH STONE79, on 21 September 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

That won’t happen. Pretty sure that MS and WG have a contract that doesn’t allow WG to give out gold through earned ops. This is why we can’t sell premium tanks back for gold, also. It think it has something to do with how MS runs the Xbox Store.

Weird, because MS doesn't have any problems with other free-to-play games handing out premium currency for doing subquests or logging in. I don't think Sony does, either, though I can't confirm that first hand. I'm pretty sure it's just WG's own policies, to be honest. Especially since they gave out gold during the crew incident where you had to pay to transfer commanders back to their original, non-premium tank.

Be verbose - you have a vocabulary for a reason.

Good with words; bad with tanks. At least I can talk you to death.

Required Reading: https://leadershipfr...-like-a-leader/

IKEITH STONE79 #19 Posted 22 September 2017 - 12:32 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18115 battles
  • [BULL2]

View PostaGundamDownHere, on 21 September 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Weird, because MS doesn't have any problems with other free-to-play games handing out premium currency for doing subquests or logging in. I don't think Sony does, either, though I can't confirm that first hand. I'm pretty sure it's just WG's own policies, to be honest. Especially since they gave out gold during the crew incident where you had to pay to transfer commanders back to their original, non-premium tank.

That was because of an error on their part for the crew transfers. We would need an admin to give us a confirmation on their polices, though. Everything I heard was in regards to WG handing out gold to players was verboten due to contracts. By again, this would need confirmation.

Aria Nocturne #20 Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 4558 battles
  • [12PZR]
Really great suggestions, hopefully they will see this post and take it into consideration. :)

Abatement in the hostility of one's enemies must never be thought to signify they have been won over. It only means that one has ceased to constitute a threat. - Quentin Crisp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users