World of Tanks Console - Flag Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

aGundamDownHere #21 Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

As I said before, you're missing a bunch of flags from Middle Eastern countries. Here's an image file that contains most of them. You already have Israel, so just disregard that one, unless you want to double-up for some reason. Also, not sure why, but the Libyan flag is incorrect for this image. It's not just a green flag. This is what it should look like:

Be verbose - you have a vocabulary for a reason.

Good with words; bad with tanks. At least I can talk you to death.

Required Reading: https://leadershipfr...-like-a-leader/

aGundamDownHere #22 Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

Sorry for the immediate double-post, but I felt the content was different enough to warrant posting this request separately. Would it be possible to introduce alternate flag emblems for existing flags? I think emblems following this design would be pretty cool:

Obviously it wouldn't just be a red/white gradient and would actually have the national flag transposed on there, but I like the way the format looks and think it would be pretty cool to have some of the national flags as more than just a rectangle.

FateNero #23 Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15134 battles

I love that the Mexican flag is in the game, but I would love to see the flag of my home state Jalisco, Mexico on the game, or at least the coat of arms added into the game. The colors and coat of arms came back from when Mexico was part of the Viceroyalty of New Spain. I love this flag because most of the culture from Mexico come from my state, that why the motto is "Jalisco es México" which means Jalisco is Mexico. There have been flag of American States and Canadian regions, but I would love to see more love to Mexico when a good amount of gamers that play on the North American server are Mexican.

Grinding: T32, Firefly, Tortoise, Ru 251(1), Jagdtiger, AMX 13 75; Elite: M4A3E8, T29(2), Centurion 7/1(1), Centurion AX, Churchill VII(3), Conqueror(1), FV215b, Chieftain, FV304, Pz. IVH,(1) Tiger P(1), Tiger(1), Tiger II(1), Maus, Ferdinand(1), ELC AMX(1), MT-25(1), KV-2, IS(1), IS-3(1), IS-7, STA-1(2), STB-1; Premium: T1E6-X, T7 Car, T1E6-X1, Locust, M41B Brazil, Ram II, T14, Knight(3), Boilermaker, TOG II*(1), FV4202 (P), Centennial(1), Pz. 38H, Pz. IID, Pz. IIJ, Aufkl. Panther(1), Pz. V/IV, Kraft's Panther, Pz. B2, Hammer, E-25, AMX CDC, T-127 , BT-SV, T-34-88, Motherland, KV-5(1). (*) MoE.

CaptSmirnoff #24 Posted 02 November 2017 - 06:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11482 battles

Scotland Clan Maxwell Coat of Arms (Yes the pic says England but is originally Scottish)

My Family Coat of Arms 

When in doubt send the scouts! 19D:izmena:

aGundamDownHere #25 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

Let's see if I can get these right.

Flag for the Mexican state of Durango:

Flag for the Mexican state of Querétaro:

Flag for the Mexican state of Quintana Roo:

(For those who are curious, most Mexican states don't have official flags. These three states, as well as the state of Jalisco that was posted earlier, do have their own flags to represent their state, but the rest of the 31 states either use their respective coat-of-arms on a white background unofficially or specifically say in their state constitution that they do not have an official state flag.)

FateNero #26 Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:35 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 15134 battles

View PostaGundamDownHere, on 13 November 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Let's see if I can get these right.

Flag for the Mexican state of Durango:

Flag for the Mexican state of Querétaro:

Flag for the Mexican state of Quintana Roo:

(For those who are curious, most Mexican states don't have official flags. These three states, as well as the state of Jalisco that was posted earlier, do have their own flags to represent their state, but the rest of the 31 states either use their respective coat-of-arms on a white background unofficially or specifically say in their state constitution that they do not have an official state flag.)

I've seen the white flags with the coat of arms in some official speeches, but I didn't know only these three were officials. We can still have the coat of arms in the game. I've seen the coats of arms of Moscow and Helsinki in the game, I don't see why we can't have these in the game.

Grinding: T32, Firefly, Tortoise, Ru 251(1), Jagdtiger, AMX 13 75; Elite: M4A3E8, T29(2), Centurion 7/1(1), Centurion AX, Churchill VII(3), Conqueror(1), FV215b, Chieftain, FV304, Pz. IVH,(1) Tiger P(1), Tiger(1), Tiger II(1), Maus, Ferdinand(1), ELC AMX(1), MT-25(1), KV-2, IS(1), IS-3(1), IS-7, STA-1(2), STB-1; Premium: T1E6-X, T7 Car, T1E6-X1, Locust, M41B Brazil, Ram II, T14, Knight(3), Boilermaker, TOG II*(1), FV4202 (P), Centennial(1), Pz. 38H, Pz. IID, Pz. IIJ, Aufkl. Panther(1), Pz. V/IV, Kraft's Panther, Pz. B2, Hammer, E-25, AMX CDC, T-127 , BT-SV, T-34-88, Motherland, KV-5(1). (*) MoE.

phimo83 #27 Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23283 battles
  • [-U-T-]
Lebanese national flag, I already opened a ticket a year ago but with no luck, I only got a promise that they will look into it. It's great that the PS4 version is now supporting the arabic language it will be great to add the lebanese flag with other arab countries (22), only Jordan is available now.   

Attached Thumbnails

aGundamDownHere #28 Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

View PostFateNero, on 17 November 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

I've seen the white flags with the coat of arms in some official speeches, but I didn't know only these three were officials. We can still have the coat of arms in the game. I've seen the coats of arms of Moscow and Helsinki in the game, I don't see why we can't have these in the game.

I agree. The coats-of-arms for the other states would be welcome additions, I'm sure. I only posted those three because they were the "official" flags of their respective states.

View Postphimo83, on 17 November 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

Lebanese national flag, I already opened a ticket a year ago but with no luck, I only got a promise that they will look into it. It's great that the PS4 version is now supporting the arabic language it will be great to add the lebanese flag with other arab countries (22), only Jordan is available now.   

Excuse my ignorance, but do you know what other national flags are missing from the Middle East? The one I posted earlier only has 21 flags (19 Arabic nations, plus Iran and Israel). And one of those flags is for Jordan, which as you said, is already in the game.

Edit: Thanks to Wikipedia, fountain of knowledge that it is, the nation I was overlooking is the island nation of Cyprus, whose flag is as follows:

Edited by aGundamDownHere, 18 November 2017 - 05:18 PM.

SlickFoal59139 #29 Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:59 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6706 battles

Hi, 

The Chindits were the largest of the allied Special Forces of the 2nd World War. They were formed and lead by Major General Orde Wingate DSO. The Chindits operated deep behind enemy lines in North Burma in the War against Japan. For many months they lived in and fought the enemy in the jungles of Japanese occupied Burma, totally relying on airdrops for their supplies. 

There were two Chindits expeditions into Burma, the first in February 1943 Operation Longcloth, consisted of a force of 3,000 men who marched over 1,000 miles during the campaign. The second expedition, Operation Thursday, in March 1944 was on a much larger scale. It was the second largest airborne invasion of the war and consisted of a force of 20,000 British and Commonwealth soldiers with air support provided by the 1st Air Commando USAAF. Tragically their leader, General Wingate, was killed a few weeks after the launch of Operation Thursday. 

2004 - 60th Anniversary  

2004 marked the 60th anniversary of the 2nd Chindit campaign. To commemorate this occasion, Chindit veteran Bill Hills (7th Bn Leicester Regt., 14th Brigade) produced the below card for the Chindits Old Comrades Association.

CardCover.jpg

aGundamDownHere #30 Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles
By the way, any word on any of these flags? Anything? Anyone?

Greywoolfe64 #31 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14997 battles
  • [27PZR]

i'd like to see additional pattern options so that we can make our own flags.

1. Vertical division, with option to choose both colours.

2. Horizontal division, with same option.

3. Diagonal division, with same option.

4. 3 Horizontal or vertical bands, with option to choose all colours.

5. Quarter division, horizontal or diagonal, with option to choose all colours.

6. diagonal or vertical cross, with option to choose colours for the cross and the background segments.

Additionally, for those who have clans with numbers, the option to insert numbers of choice over the aforementioned backgrounds, in any colour, or failing that, the option to add the user's clan tag to the flag.

Another idea would be to use the game's version of the German flag, but with a plain white circle in the middle, erasing the iron cross- that way, the user can insert their own image in the centre, to create  the effect of a panzer division battle flag.

"Some say that he dines on lower glacis, and that he once spent three weeks hiding in a thick French bush. All we know is, he's called the Stug!"

Current garage (MOE's marked with star*) -click spoiler.

Spoiler

showinghades19 #32 Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10489 battles
  • [-CHF-]
It would be nice to have clan logos on the flag or at the very least be able to put  a clan tag on it.

sandman3059 #33 Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4705 battles
Bermudian flag I ask every year but to no avail Bermuda. Bermuda Bermuda

ScottRey97 #34 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13820 battles

Isreali flag for those Israeli tanks.

And the tank emblems on flags, like the German emblem on our tanks and the one above German tanks in the garage. This includes the British armoured division emblem and all that good stuff.

XEboi #35 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 20128 battles
county flag of norfolk (uk) please then everyone knows im a sister marrying webbed footed potato muncher :teethhappy:

Attached Thumbnails

BusiedBat306 #36 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13547 battles
  • [MCGS]

Emblem of the Canadian Armed Forces. (This is already in the game, but not available as a flag. In my opinion though, the emblem itself without a background would look much better than the one currently available.)

Want help/advice with the Tiger 1? PM me.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin Rommel

Clan Recruitment:

[MCGS] Shmitz Recruiting: We Want You! (XBOX)

Gallant Prime #37 Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 39908 battles
  • [47R]

So with the addition of flags on poles, do we makes suggestions for those here as well?

If so, it seems the initial offering of emblems are limited and it would be nice to have all the rare emblems on there as well as may mastery medals.  

ScottRey97 #38 Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13820 battles
Also an option inside the flag option would be nice, so we could cycle through emblems or inscriptions the same way you do with tank emblems.

aGundamDownHere #39 Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

View PostScottRey97, on 08 December 2017 - 04:45 AM, said:

Isreali flag for those Israeli tanks.

And the tank emblem flags, like the German emblem on our tanks and the one above German tanks in the garage. This includes the British armoured division emblem and all that good stuff.

There’s already an Israeli flag. Theirs and Jordan’s are the only two Middle Eastern countries actually represented as far as flags go.

ScottRey97 #40 Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13820 battles

View PostaGundamDownHere, on 09 December 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

There’s already an Israeli flag. Theirs and Jordan’s are the only two Middle Eastern countries actually represented as far as flags go.

oh I didn't realise

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users