Re-Skins / Non Re-Skins (GIVE US THE OPTION!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

I x SiNz x I-x #1 Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16811 battles
  • [-PLEB]

POPULAR

WG,

When a new premium tank enters the store, it all too often seems to be a re-skinned and/or renamed variant of a tank that already exists, OR a tank which has not been introduced in to the game yet, but is first introduced as the re-skinned/renamed version, rather than the original.

The reason for my frustration, as well as the community's frustration is that there are so many examples of this and judging by the recent release of the Swedish premium TD, this mentality isn't going to change any time soon.

Examples:

T7 Combat Car - There's literally 5 different re-skinned versions of this tank.

Motherland - First introduced as "Motherland" as opposed to T-54 First Prototype, T-54 First Prototype was released months and months after Motherland first hit the store.

Fatherland - First introduced as "Fatherland" as opposed to IS-3A, IS-3A has not been introduced yet.

Glory IS-5 - First introduced as "Glory IS-5" as opposed to IS-5, IS-5 has not been introduced yet.

Skorpion G - Has random Scorpion emblems on the gun shield as opposed to just being introduced with the original skin.

Honor T-28E - First introduced as "Honor T-28E" as opposed to T-28E F-30.

Skoda T-40 - First introduced as "Zizka", Skoda T-40 was introduced after the re-skin.

Blitzen MTLS - Before this tank was introduced, the MTLS-1G14 was considered a rare and very well sought after premium, now everyone has one and we got it for free (don't get me wrong, free tanks are always encouraged & welcomed, but keep the rare tanks rare? this re-skin nullified the rareness of the MTLS-1G14)

Vengeance T25 - First introduced as "Vengeance T25" as opposed to T25 Pilot Number 1

FV201 (A45) Black Edition - First introduced as "FV201 (A45) Black Edition" and could only be acquired by purchasing a 32,000+ gold bundle, as opposed to being released as the FV201 (A45). FV201 (A45) was released months and months after the Black Edition first hit the store.

HMH: FV305 - I understand that this was tied to the "Heavy Metal Heroes" event, but could it not just have been named as FV305?

HMH: M51Super Sherman - I understand that this was tied to the "Heavy Metal Heroes" event, but could this not just have been named as M51 Super Sherman / M51? This was also released months before the M4A1 Revalorisé hit the store (ok, it's a different tank) but we've only just seen the M4A1 Revalorisé hit the store...

HMH: ISU-130 - I understand that this was tied to the "Heavy Metal Heroes" event, but could this not just have been named as ISU-130?

HMH: Huntsman - I understand that this was tied to the "Heavy Metal Heroes" event, but could this not just have been named as Huntsman Centurion?

Centennial T/95 - First introduced as "Centennial T/95", Chieftain T/95 was released months and months after the Centennial first hit the store.

Cromwell Knight - Introduced before the Cromwell B, which was only released very recently (ok, it's a different tank) but the Cromwell B was much more sought after than what we were given at the time, we also now have 4 different variants of the Cromwell (Cromwell, Knight, Snakebite, Cromwell B).

Sentinel AC IV Experimental - First introduced as "Sentinel AC IV", as opposed to AC IV Experimental which was released after the Sentinel first hit the store.

STA-2 Black Edition / Senshi STA-2 - Now we have 3 different variants of the same tank.

Honestly, the list could go on, but I'd be sat here typing for a LONG, LONG time, and I think the examples I've listed do enough justice to the point I'm trying to make.

As a community contributor, I'm lucky enough to engage with the community on a very regular basis and we, as a community, feel like we should be given more choice when these tanks hit the store.

My suggestion is that when a re-skin hits the store, the original tank should enter the store at the same time and be sold alongside it, for the same amount of time that the re-skin will be in the store for. The prices, naturally, are up to you, but I would expect the original to cost less than the re-skin.

This will give EVERYONE the freedom of choosing the tank they prefer, rather than alienating us by making us feel like we're forced in to buying a re-skinned/renamed tank because we're unsure the original will ever be released... Only for the original to be released months later.

I understand a part of the community prefer the re-skins, but for a long time now, you've been neglecting the part of your community that do not. I also understand that you have to release new content to fill your pockets in order to keep the game going, but at present, you're creating a problem by not giving us the freedom to choose between the two, only good things can come from selling both variants at the same time, for the same amount of time and I actually think you'd see an increase in sales due to giving us the choice.

I hope you've found this suggestion constructive and will look to implement these changes in the near future.

Sincerely, 

- Joe/SiNz

Edited by I x SiNz x I, 29 September 2017 - 01:28 PM.

Immortals - EU | WN8 Rating: 3500+ | WN7 Rating: 2200+

YouTube | Discord | Twitch | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon

ReformingBee-x #2 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11245 battles
Well said. They might listen now.................:justwait:

My Marks of Excellence.

Spoiler

ItsRobbyRhino #3 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33973 battles
  • [-PLEB]
Completely agree. Please listen WG.

Deadshot Strike #4 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:44 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 73918 battles
  • [DG-]

+1 Totally agree - they should offer both at the same time.

Just a small edit - the Skoda T-40 has been released.

I x SiNz x I-x #5 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16811 battles
  • [-PLEB]

View PostDeadshot Strike, on 29 September 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

+1 Totally agree - they should offer both at the same time.

Just a small edit - the Skoda T-40 has been released.

Thanks, I've corrected this now. :honoring:

ErinaceousHedge #6 Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:59 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 20549 battles
I agree. I would have bought the S1, but simply out of principle, i'm not paying 3100 gold (based off the PC price) EXTRA for some flag on the tank. WGCB is losing my business day by day. I would gladly have bought the normal S1 for 11000, but just because they don't give me the choice, i am keeping my wallet closed.

"The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons."  - Soviet Military Doctrine

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

The Turkey Tank #7 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 40785 battles
  • [-PLEB]
Yep, reskins are just getting annoying now. Really don't want every tank to be painted with the flag of it's origin country

WN8:4100   Twitch   My Youtube  LTTB Guide  Ru 251 Guide Batchat 25t.

Signature by Desyatnik Pansy General Scout Tips & Tricks

ScottRey97-p #8 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16094 battles

This, this, this, this, This, this, this, this, This, this, this, this, This, this, this, this and I'll say it again.

this. C'mon wargaming, not everyone likes to prance around in rainbow crap covered tanks.

swindle 321 #9 Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 51457 battles
  • [_PLEB]
The re-skins are just a bad joke at this point, the whole staggered release thing has to stop as well, it's a dirty way to milk money out of the player base. The base bundle isn't released until 2 weeks after the main bundle! It's such a crappy way to treat your customers.

1fCVVt1.jpg

(83) 3rd Marks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                YouTube    twitch

ATHFjman18-x #10 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:25 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19290 battles
  • [JOCO]

Nicely said. I completely agree. Having to wait months for a non-skin is frustrating. 

Although a nice benefit to some of these reskins is that I obtained them or the non-skinned tank for free (For example, I earned tanks such as M4 Rev, Motherland and Centennial). So there are some positives to having skinned/non-skinned tanks coming out at different times. Take it for what it's worth I suppose, not everyone may agree with my logic.  

PS- We need at least 5-10 more Combat Car variants before I am truly satisfied. You can never have enough of 'em! :trollface:

Ttone5722-x #11 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17605 battles
  • [WTAF]
Agreed 100%.

ATHFjman18-x #12 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19290 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postswindle 321, on 29 September 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

The re-skins are just a bad joke at this point, the whole staggered release thing has to stop as well, it's a dirty way to milk money out of the player base. The base bundle isn't released until 2 weeks after the main bundle! It's such a crappy way to treat your customers.

It's marketing 101 to make the eager customers overpay for early access.  I agree with what your saying, I hate the staggered releases and wish all bundle options would be available day one. I think it hurts the Veteran players more since most won't need the additional boosts and premium time they throw in to bloat the price. 

Naughty Coin-x #13 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26951 battles
I made a thread on this and Rai sent the feedback to the devs. But I am with you 100%

MASHMAN 90-x #14 Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

Major

• WoTC Community Ambassador
  • 39868 battles
Yes should be both Skin and Reskin.

What i don't get is if the Skinned Version costs 3k more Gold as Henge says then maybe release a Basic Skinned Version, 500 more gold maximum (125*4=500) than the Asking Price, feel it may encourage more sales. As a 90% free player it is out of my reach but heard some say the S1 is pricey and it's to due to the Boosts.

Have Skinned as now and Unskinned Basic Packages, Skinned should be a Maximum of 1k gold more (no more but feel 500 gold is best for the 4 Seasons) and add a separate one like now (Ultimate) for the Boosts.

Also i remember someone saying about a price (e.g. 3200 for Dicker Max), the cost for 3k gold is £10 here then you're forced to buy the lowest package for £4 (or whatever it is) purely for the extra 200 gold to buy the tank. It does bug me but not enough to complain on the forum or speak bad about WG.

I've moved to my Dialga88-x account in the game and on the Forums. If you need me, you can contact me there. :)

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/user/dialga88-x-9336076/

EkwensuOcha #15 Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16907 battles
  • [GRUMP]
I don't mind the re skins, it's just a way for WG to make more cash. But I'm with you 100% that the regular versions should be released at the same time. They would make more money if they released them all together.

vTanker #16 Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8707 battles
The more reskins they release the more money I have in the bank :coin:

Scriptics-x #17 Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28726 battles
PC had a similar problem, they would release loaded packs or ultimate packs for premium tanks that came along with the tanks and extra's like gold, equipment silver, etc, but would not release the tank by itself for the people who wanted tank but not all the extra's. Many people always complained about this tactic, because the normal base tank would be like $50, but you would have to buy the loaded version which was like $70 to get the tank you wanted and the extra's you didn't want, because many people already had plenty of equipment in their depot (something we will never have). Fortunately wargaming stopped this tactic on pc, because of the outcry, and now sell every premium tank that comes out standalone, and with the loaded packs, etc, but i sense that this will never go away here with the reskins. It is sad and this is why i am moving over to pc more permanently (unless i want to nuke people in in our unnerfed op tanks ie the 183 or any arty).

BrogueOne #18 Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 29230 battles
  • [AP-EX]
Where's the poll?  But I do agree here.  I would like to see the "naked" tanks released in tandem with their clown car counterparts. From a business perspective it's a missed opportunity for more day-one sales.  Players who like those stupid names and questionable paint jobs will still buy them but the players who hate them will still open their wallets because they can get exactly the tank they want and put exactly the camos they want on it.

Side note: Skorpion G has always had the "skin" even when it was first released on PC.  An unskinned version exists but the stats on wotinfo suggest that it only belongs to a very tiny percentage of players(likely WG staff or test accounts).

Mobius Y #19 Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15000 battles
All of my +1s.

Watch me stream games live > TwitchTwitter < Follow me for news and updates

I try to stream games every Friday evening at 9:00PM EST

I’m still around just not posting very much, send me a PM if you wish to communicate.

I x SiNz x I-x #20 Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16811 battles
  • [-PLEB]

View PostBrogueOne, on 29 September 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Side note: Skorpion G has always had the "skin" even when it was first released on PC. An unskinned version exists but the stats on wotinfo suggest that it only belongs to a very tiny percentage of players(likely WG staff or test accounts).

That I did not know, I thought it was just blank on PC, thanks for confirming though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users