Negative,Toxic, Forum Trolls. Notice who they are.....

Negative forums trolls post

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

UnceasingFour51 #1 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 40717 battles

Most people on the forums don't know me and that is great. My post go for the most part unnoticed and that is great. But I have noticed lot's on the forums and I just thought I would speak my mind for once.

After months of following the forums and watching who post what and the content of those post I was surprised to see that the vast majority of the negative and toxic post/responses in the forums come from the Beta testers and the Super testers. While the forums contain a lot of negative post and comments, the lions share of the negative responses to post come from these individuals. And as stated was a bit surprised by this. It was my understanding that these individuals are "supposed" to post on the forums to encourage discussion of game content and be a positive voice for the new comers to the game and the forums.   I have seen the exact opposite of this from most of them. It is rare that I have seen anything positive related to a poster with a beta or super tester tag, very rare indeed.  And as anyone who wishes to watch I am sure this post will be slammed very hard by them, and possibly even removed by WG to keep this from becoming a discussion.  Watching to see what happens. 

GameWinner_001 #2 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 43354 battles
  • [TOP-N]

Supertesters?

Who are these guys? :harp:

;)

Kaystonian #3 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9903 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

Most people on the forums don't know me and that is great. My post go for the most part unnoticed and that is great. But I have noticed lot's on the forums and I just thought I would speak my mind for once.

After months of following the forums and watching who post what and the content of those post I was surprised to see that the vast majority of the negative and toxic post/responses in the forums come from the Beta testers and the Super testers. While the forums contain a lot of negative post and comments, the lions share of the negative responses to post come from these individuals. And as stated was a bit surprised by this. It was my understanding that these individuals are "supposed" to post on the forums to encourage discussion of game content and be a positive voice for the new comers to the game and the forums.   I have seen the exact opposite of this from most of them. It is rare that I have seen anything positive related to a poster with a beta or super tester tag, very rare indeed.  And as anyone who wishes to watch I am sure this post will be slammed very hard by them, and possibly even removed by WG to keep this from becoming a discussion.  Watching to see what happens. 

You right an I think it stems from feeling superior/elitism of some sort, and tbh I dunno the point of having the whole beta/alpha/supertester in your tab if your not going to be helpful an  contribute to the forums. Funny thing is I actually was apart of the beta testing in the beginning but I don't need the title nor am I going to just slam someone lest they are asking for it

WESTW33ZY #4 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14780 battles
yes i have noticed and  finally worked out how to block them ( 2 people i seem to see in most threads) so all is good. I have stopped myself from posting on here multiple times because i wanted to say something to them after seeing their sarcastic and useless posts for months but i realised i'll end up in a flame war so just block them.

Twitter @WESTW33ZY

John Arrowsmith #5 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 79224 battles
Most of the people you speak of (not all) have tried for a very long time to help others, only to have abuse thrown back at them.  People can only take so much crap.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

Teffisk #6 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24006 battles
  • [-L7-]
Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, 06 October 2017 - 04:14 AM.

loki131313 #7 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:30 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25621 battles

View PostKaystonian, on 05 October 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

You right an I think it stems from feeling superior/elitism of some sort, and tbh I dunno the point of having the whole beta/alpha/supertester in your tab if your not going to be helpful an  contribute to the forums. Funny thing is I actually was apart of the beta testing in the beginning but I don't need the title nor am I going to just slam someone lest they are asking for it

Misery loves company. They want everyone to be as miserable as them.

Beta582 #8 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19498 battles
  • [TANK]
The Beta Tester and Supertester tag just mean as the name implies. They have no obligation to Wargaming or the community to be a positive presence on the forums (even though just about everyone here could be a bit more upbeat).

Beta582's Guide to Everything (Updated 12-07-2017)       Beta582's Tank Suggestion Compilation

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, "Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!" Winston replied, "Madam if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/beta582                         Youtube Channel: Beta582

pr0fit0fcanabis #9 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 05 October 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Most of the people you speak of (not all) have tried for a very long time to help others, only to have abuse thrown back at them.  People can only take so much crap.

Perhaps he speaks of the negative posts against WG by the same group?  

UnkeptCanine96 #10 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11979 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

Here is why, and it is something that I have said in the past.  Most of the complaining is done because of burn out on the game.  When you are burnt out, little things bother you more.  Supetesters and Beta testers have probably played this game far more than others, therefore are more likely to be burnt out, and more likely to complain.  There are people here who used to defend the exact things they complain about now.  This is why I say that it is burn out more than anything.  In the end, this damn is pretty damn good, warts and all.

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Xbox One and Xbox 360

Expose' List

VxQzjJa.jpg

UnceasingFour51 #11 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40717 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 05 October 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

John Arrowsmith #12 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 79224 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 05 October 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

The same thing applies,  long term tankers try and help improve the game. Only to be ignored and have the most stupid things implemented.    

Spoiler

Edited by John Arrowsmith, 05 October 2017 - 06:39 PM.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

UnceasingFour51 #13 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40717 battles

View PostUnkeptCanine96, on 05 October 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Here is why, and it is something that I have said in the past.  Most of the complaining is done because of burn out on the game.  When you are burnt out, little things bother you more.  Supetesters and Beta testers have probably played this game far more than others, therefore are more likely to be burnt out, and more likely to complain.  There are people here who used to defend the exact things they complain about now.  This is why I say that it is burn out more than anything.  In the end, this damn is pretty damn good, warts and all.

Funny thing is though that most of them actually have little Games Played if you check them out. Now saying that I myself and many many others on here started our WoT experience on PC and those games don't count to the total here. But still a little burn out comes with that territory. To volunteer to be a part of this group they explain upfront that it will involve a lot of time on your part. So if your burnt out, get out! 

jkblackhawk #14 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 59960 battles
Well they did can them and get new ones so...

UnceasingFour51 #15 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:48 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40717 battles

View Postjkblackhawk, on 05 October 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Well they did can them and get new ones so...

Looks like a lot of them same ones to me.

Perfect Dark 51 #16 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21400 battles
I don't know it seems about the same as always. I have noticed a large influx of in game hate being spewed around though, just in this past month really.

Nightlinger 72 #17 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 57814 battles
  • [360GC]

View PostUnkeptCanine96, on 05 October 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

Sorry, but your basic premise is not correct. If you are happy with the game, fine. But when the testers are ignored, and many complaints are, the dialogue moves to here. Why do people think they know what causes complaints? You have no idea who has burnout or not. And not everyone who disagrees with you is a complainer. Maybe those of us who have been playing the game from the beginning aren't suffering burnout, but perhaps we would like the game to get back on the path it started on because we have seen how far removed it has become. 

Saerbhreathach #18 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22196 battles

I'm not toxic, I try to help as best I can when I can. All the while trying to keep light hearted and generally pleasant. I may troll from time to time but it's mostly in a joking manner.... 

I really don't appreciate being labled as toxic or as a troll. And I'm sure I'm not alone. :sceptic:

Most of us beta testers have been posting here on the forums and playing tanks for several years. Which means most of us aren't going to be all that patient when it comes to B.S. posts or arguing when proven incorrect etc...etc... 

BrogueOne #19 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23416 battles
  • [ELDER]
You're singling out Beta and Supertesters and that's neither fair nor accurate.  You notice them more because they have colorful tags under their names and it makes them easy to identify.  I'm not saying some of us aren't guilty of bad behavior; I'm saying that bad behavior is by no means limited to Beta/Super Testers.  Some of the most notoriously negative, antagonistic, and sarcastic trolls(that I've seen) certainly don't fall under those categories.

I would point out that your thread could be construed as intentional trolling in and of itself and could be subject to reporting as a violation of forum rules. *disclaimer* *this statement is not a signal of disrespect or intent*

Nightlinger 72 #20 Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:57 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 57814 battles
  • [360GC]

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Funny thing is though that most of them actually have little Games Played if you check them out. Now saying that I myself and many many others on here started our WoT experience on PC and those games don't count to the total here. But still a little burn out comes with that territory. To volunteer to be a part of this group they explain upfront that it will involve a lot of time on your part. So if your burnt out, get out! 

The former supertest happened once a week. Not a great deal of time spent. Conjecture is not valid.

Also tagged with Negative, forums, trolls, post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users