Negative,Toxic, Forum Trolls. Notice who they are.....

Negative forums trolls post

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

UnkeptCanine96 #21 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11978 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostNightlinger 72, on 05 October 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

Sorry, but your basic premise is not correct. If you are happy with the game, fine. But when the testers are ignored, and many complaints are, the dialogue moves to here. Why do people think they know what causes complaints? You have no idea who has burnout or not. And not everyone who disagrees with you is a complainer. Maybe those of us who have been playing the game from the beginning aren't suffering burnout, but perhaps we would like the game to get back on the path it started on because we have seen how far removed it has become. 

Says someone with ZERO battles.  If you want to tell me I'm wrong, why not stand behind it using your own gamertag?nevermind, forum glitch  What I can say, is that you are wrong.  The number one reason that people complain as much as they do now, is burnout.  As they say, familiarity breeds contempt.  I've said this before, many used to defend the exact same things that they complain about now.  Is the game perfect?  No.  Is the game still fun?  Yes.  Are some of the things complained about in need of fixing?   Possibly.  If things were as bad as you are saying, and burnout wasn't the cause, most of these people would have quit long long ago.  This tells me that the game is still pretty good, despite its weaknesses.

Edited by UnkeptCanine96, 05 October 2017 - 07:03 PM.

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Xbox One and Xbox 360

Expose' List

VxQzjJa.jpg

BULLPUPBAKERST1 #22 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 50530 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Funny thing is though that most of them actually have little Games Played if you check them out. Now saying that I myself and many many others on here started our WoT experience on PC and those games don't count to the total here. But still a little burn out comes with that territory. To volunteer to be a part of this group they explain upfront that it will involve a lot of time on your part. So if your burnt out, get out! 

some, yes, but quite a few are re-rolls or tank under a different GT...you can't just go by battles shown. I've never really noticed if the supertest or beta test tags attach to the nastier posts/threads or not. For me, those to stay away from make themselves known pretty easily and I just stay away

...it's those Bunker people that you need to stay away from...I hear they drink and smoke cigarettes in the lavatories :trollface:

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

Gigab0mb #23 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35942 battles

Ops don't ban obvious trolls or delete enough posts that attack people so this forum is like trying to find a baseball that an elephant has excreted so that you can play catch with a friend.

It's the outright attack threads titled "why new players are stupid" and the like that have driven me away. Other forums change the topic title and whatnot under the guise that 10 or 20% of the population isn't likely to run around saying that to a room of 1000 people in real life, and it falls under the category of acting like a farcical [edited].

I'm getting pretty burned out on tanks, so I went to warframe and gwent. Those forums have entirely changed how I view the average gamer and internet user. The average person there is incredibly friendly and patient, it's a real mind[edited].

Edited by Gigab0mb, 05 October 2017 - 07:13 PM.

giaka #24 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43859 battles
  • [WTAF]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 05 October 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Perhaps he speaks of the negative posts against WG by the same group?  

If that's the case then a lot of these folks are tired of seeing WG do everything in thier power to destroy a game they love perhaps?

WG Balance 101, If a tank has a high survival rate, nerf its gun.

Zxyphos #25 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 05 October 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

some, yes, but quite a few are re-rolls or tank under a different GT...you can't just go by battles shown. I've never really noticed if the supertest or beta test tags attach to the nastier posts/threads or not. For me, those to stay away from make themselves known pretty easily and I just stay away

...it's those Bunker people that you need to stay away from...I hear they drink and smoke cigarettes in the lavatories :trollface:

I agree. Irrespective of whether or not they are beta testers, super testers, or not: if they seem to be poisonous to my overall forum experience I simply skip by their threads/posts. I, for one, would never try and paint an entire group with a broad brush. 

Gigab0mb #26 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35942 battles

View Postgiaka, on 05 October 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

If that's the case then a lot of these folks are tired of seeing WG do everything in thier power to destroy a game they love perhaps?

Textbook

UnceasingFour51 #27 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 40518 battles

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 05 October 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

I'm not toxic, I try to help as best I can when I can. All the while trying to keep light hearted and generally pleasant. I may troll from time to time but it's mostly in a joking manner.... 

I really don't appreciate being labled as toxic or as a troll. And I'm sure I'm not alone. :sceptic:

Most of us beta testers have been posting here on the forums and playing tanks for several years. Which means most of us aren't going to be all that patient when it comes to B.S. posts or arguing when proven incorrect etc...etc... 

But perhaps you can not read. I did not once say all testers, in fact I clearly stated MOST, so please re-read the post and you will see that this post was and is not all inclusive.

Ricky Flaggins #28 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 10202 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Funny thing is though that most of them actually have little Games Played if you check them out. Now saying that I myself and many many others on here started our WoT experience on PC and those games don't count to the total here. But still a little burn out comes with that territory. To volunteer to be a part of this group they explain upfront that it will involve a lot of time on your part. So if your burnt out, get out! 

*Looks at battle count* *Looks at tag* 

Well.... I guess I'm a Butt head

WG: "Bricks working as intended. Check your ISP."

Crash Test Wolf #29 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19748 battles
The longer you play this game, the more easily you can see it's flaws and how easy they would be to fix.  Mention it here though and you will get completely ignored by WG or told you don't know what you are talking about by someone who started playing 6 months ago and doesn't even have any experience with the tank or tier in question.  It's pretty frustrating and once you been here as long as us (if you last that long), you'll understand a bit better.
Console: XBox 360, XBox One.     Lines completed: T110E4, T110E5, T57 Heavy, FV215b (183), E50M, E100, IS-7, Object 268, Object 140/T-62A

Guderian9139 #30 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13786 battles
  • [-OFF-]
speaking of elitist trolls, is that Quixote-Waffle Driver still around?  :trollface:

UnceasingFour51 #31 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40518 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 05 October 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

You're singling out Beta and Supertesters and that's neither fair nor accurate. You notice them more because they have colorful tags under their names and it makes them easy to identify. I'm not saying some of us aren't guilty of bad behavior; I'm saying that bad behavior is by no means limited to Beta/Super Testers. Some of the most notoriously negative, antagonistic, and sarcastic trolls(that I've seen) certainly don't fall under those categories.

I would point out that your thread could be construed as intentional trolling in and of itself and could be subject to reporting as a violation of forum rules. *disclaimer* *this statement is not a signal of disrespect or intent*

And while I agree that it is easier to single out the "testers" because of their tags, If you take the time to read my post you will see that I do clearly state that it is not only those individuals but others, it is just that I have noticed that negative post/responses are largely and disproportionately coming from certain testers.  Also my post is well within the forum guidelines and does not violate any set standard imposed by WGN.  I have not singled out any user by name, nor is my observations disparaging in nature, strictly observations. 

Saerbhreathach #32 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22062 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

But perhaps you can not read. I did not once say all testers, in fact I clearly stated MOST, so please re-read the post and you will see that this post was and is not all inclusive.

I don't need to re-read anything. You did exactly as I said. You labeled us beta testers and super testers as toxic and trolls....

Again, I don't appreciate it. Not one bit... 

UnkeptCanine96 #33 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11978 battles
  • [BLT]

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 05 October 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

I don't need to re-read anything. You did exactly as I said. You labeled us beta testers and super testers as toxic and trolls....

I don't know.  If you look at your avatar, you look like a little troll driving a tank.:P:trollface:

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Xbox One and Xbox 360

Expose' List

VxQzjJa.jpg

giaka #34 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43859 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 05 October 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

You know what sucks? I was a closed beta tester and we get no special label. .....lol

WG Balance 101, If a tank has a high survival rate, nerf its gun.

UnceasingFour51 #35 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40518 battles

View PostLIBARYKEEPER483, on 05 October 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

*Looks at battle count* *Looks at tag* 

Well.... I guess I'm a Butt head

No sir, not by a long shot. I am not the saint of the forms or anything like that. My post was and is a simple observation. I read the whole post including who post it and their general info ie. name, number of battles, number of post, etc,etc.

UnceasingFour51 #36 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40518 battles

Again that is your choice to feel the way you wish. And just because you feel that way does not in anyway dictate the intent of my post or change the meaning of my post. I was very  very clear in my wording and my meaning.

UnceasingFour51 #37 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:50 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40518 battles

Just to clarify, I used the word MOST. You are including yourself in this "group". I have not singled out 1 person and do not intend to. Although you are clearly proving my point.

FledBasher #38 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:51 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19001 battles
  • [HACKS]

I feel like I was drawn back to the game and then the forum specifically for this thread lol.

A giant contributing issue for the negativity is present even in your post. Every day the same exact things are posted. The same questions. The same complaints. It never ends.  I took well over a year off and it's the exact same complaints and questions.

This topic is far from original here. This conversation has been happening for as long as I can remember. 

If you get toxic and negative responses to this it's probably because you made a thread that's been beaten to death and then revived only to be beaten back to death even harder.  If I cared enough to put actual effort into this I would find one of those amusing dead horse gifs

Clan Hacks!!! Because... reasons

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

UnceasingFour51 #39 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40518 battles

View PostFledBasher, on 05 October 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

I feel like I was drawn back to the game and then the forum specifically for this thread lol.

A giant contributing issue for the negativity is present even in your post. Every day the same exact things are posted. The same questions. The same complaints. It never ends.  I took well over a year off and it's the exact same complaints and questions.

This topic is far from original here. This conversation has been happening for as long as I can remember. 

If you get toxic and negative responses to this it's probably because you made a thread that's been beaten to death and then revived only to be beaten back to death even harder.  If I cared enough to put actual effort into this I would find one of those amusing dead horse gifs

Thank you. That is the honesty I was looking for. Happy to see a higher level of intelligence post on here.

westmech #40 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3861 battles

Hey OP, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Rant? Bait? Sympathy? Voicing profound disappointment? 

It certainly is inflammatory. 

Also tagged with Negative, forums, trolls, post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users