Negative,Toxic, Forum Trolls. Notice who they are.....

Negative forums trolls post

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

PrimalSeal1965 #41 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:58 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11064 battles
  • [RETRO]

Maybe the topic should be being Toxic in Game or in the forums regardless of who you are or what you are really isn't Cool whatsoever if you're guilty of such.

Everybody from A~Z maybe could try to be nicer to each other plain and simple. Just try and talk to other folks like you yourself prefer to be talked too most folks prefer nice people than buttholes.

Old Saying, Respect begets Respect. Nobody has any reasons to disrespect anyone on a forum or in a game. You don't really know folks personally so why act like a jerk towards someone you don't even know! It's pointless and does nothing! 

Don't troll, Don't Feed trolls, Try to be more understanding and not look for an argument or stir at every chance.

What some might think is joking someone else may not because you're not sitting directly in front of them and really hardly anyone knows the other personally. Some folks have crapped days at work and the last thing they need is someone spouting off at them when they're looking for a means of escape and have fun. Try putting ourselves in the other dudes shoes a few minutes because we simply don't know what's going on. 

I guess that if we all tried to be more courteous and kind have a little patients and understanding things could be a lot better here and in game.  A lot of the YouTube guys are bringing the Topic of Toxic Behavior out into the Public. I hope people will at least consider what those guys are saying.... 

BrogueOne #42 Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 23219 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

And while I agree that it is easier to single out the "testers" because of their tags, If you take the time to read my post you will see that I do clearly state that it is not only those individuals but others, it is just that I have noticed that negative post/responses are largely and disproportionately coming from certain testers.  Also my post is well within the forum guidelines and does not violate any set standard imposed by WGN.  I have not singled out any user by name, nor is my observations disparaging in nature, strictly observations. 

"Trolling" is actually a violation of forum rules, technically.  You posted a thread with the stated intent of illiciting a response from specific players in the hopes they would respond with the negativity one would expect.

There's a lot of Testers on this forum.  "Certain Testers" covers a pretty broad swath and your point could've been made without implicating all of us by association.  It almost sounds like the sentiments of a certain Orange-faced POTUS disparaging an entire race of people by talking about a few "bad hombres".  

I'm not mad. And I completely understand where you're coming from.  I just don't think it's fair to be implicated by association.

If you've got beef with certain forum users(Testers or not) then make use of the report feature.  They must be violating the rules if their behavior is enough to compel you to make such a post.  Some of the rules seem vague and/or arbitrary and, when appropriate, can be reported when broken.  If folks get reported enough, and enough rules violations are found, then they'll get warnings and/or strikes from the moderators.  The report feature is actually there for us to have a role in self-policing our behavior since the moderators can't scrutinize every last scrap of content that gets posted. 

and if you've really got a personal issue with specific forumers?  Man up and send them a PM and talk to them.  Most people around here are actually respectable adults that are willing to discuss their differences in private.  I've had private conversations with forumers before when there was some kind of dispute going on and I'm pretty sure those conversations were all left with some mutual respect and understanding. 

Kaystonian #43 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9903 battles

View Postwestmech, on 05 October 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Hey OP, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Rant? Bait? Sympathy? Voicing profound disappointment? 

It certainly is inflammatory. 

He pointing out a long standing problem in the forums that has yet to even slightly touched in hopes of correcting it. 

UnceasingFour51 #44 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 40518 battles

View Postwestmech, on 05 October 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

Hey OP, what are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Rant? Bait? Sympathy? Voicing profound disappointment? 

It certainly is inflammatory. 

Just voicing my opinion of the things I have noticed here on the forums. That is all. No bait. No Sympathy. Maybe a little bit of a rant. And yes it is inflammatory, and always has been.

MisSiNg PaRtZ #45 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 27719 battles
  • [-1]

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

Most people on the forums don't know me and that is great. My post go for the most part unnoticed and that is great. But I have noticed lot's on the forums and I just thought I would speak my mind for once.

After months of following the forums and watching who post what and the content of those post I was surprised to see that the vast majority of the negative and toxic post/responses in the forums come from the Beta testers and the Super testers. While the forums contain a lot of negative post and comments, the lions share of the negative responses to post come from these individuals. And as stated was a bit surprised by this. It was my understanding that these individuals are "supposed" to post on the forums to encourage discussion of game content and be a positive voice for the new comers to the game and the forums.   I have seen the exact opposite of this from most of them. It is rare that I have seen anything positive related to a poster with a beta or super tester tag, very rare indeed.  And as anyone who wishes to watch I am sure this post will be slammed very hard by them, and possibly even removed by WG to keep this from becoming a discussion.  Watching to see what happens. 

​Well im a beta tester, pretty sure there was 80% of us about 2½ years ago that lerked the forum. Now it's like 10% or less. So im close to supporting the game for 4 years. I don't think I am entitled to be arrogant or a troll. There is alot of new players with bad ideas so they get spoonfed sarcasm. It was way worse 3 years ago. The internet is full of keyboard warriors so suck it up buttercup. If you really want help, I give my opinion on it and spread my knowledge but there's still alot of taters who think that there godly and tell you what to do. 

I answered a question about which premium tank a fellow should buy at tier VIII and a person told me the type 59 was crap and I should play mediums. That player had 2,000 battles in mediums , I have that in one medium tank. I suggested save your gold for Type 59 , or get STA2 , T26E4, FCM50t . I also asked what he wanted a crew trainer or silver maker. 

LGz JETHRO66 #46 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25781 battles
  • [LGZ]
Its the same people who complain and once they dont get there way they just dont care anymore and just post nonsense.

Arixse #47 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7894 battles

Quite honestly, its in human and physical nature to be negative... its called Entropy.

And some of us who have been around for quite some time, get tired of all the [edited]... and we slip up here and there.

«  WCL1&2 ᑕᕼᗩᗰᑭᎥᗝᑎ  »≫   

im a troll, deal with it.

i dont like pubbies, nor do i play them       FRONTLINES EVENT༻ 丅ᗝᑭ 6           arty is like cancer, deadly but incurable

Stets fur scrubs:

UnceasingFour51 #48 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40518 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 05 October 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

"Trolling" is actually a violation of forum rules, technically.  You posted a thread with the stated intent of illiciting a response from specific players in the hopes they would respond with the negativity one would expect.

There's a lot of Testers on this forum.  "Certain Testers" covers a pretty broad swath and your point could've been made without implicating all of us by association.  It almost sounds like the sentiments of a certain Orange-faced POTUS disparaging an entire race of people by talking about a few "bad hombres".  

I'm not mad. And I completely understand where you're coming from.  I just don't think it's fair to be implicated by association.

If you've got beef with certain forum users(Testers or not) then make use of the report feature.  They must be violating the rules if their behavior is enough to compel you to make such a post.  Some of the rules seem vague and/or arbitrary and, when appropriate, can be reported when broken.  If folks get reported enough, and enough rules violations are found, then they'll get warnings and/or strikes from the moderators.  The report feature is actually there for us to have a role in self-policing our behavior since the moderators can't scrutinize every last scrap of content that gets posted. 

and if you've really got a personal issue with specific forumers?  Man up and send them a PM and talk to them.  Most people around here are actually respectable adults that are willing to discuss their differences in private.  I've had private conversations with forumers before when there was some kind of dispute going on and I'm pretty sure those conversations were all left with some mutual respect and understanding. 

Well thought out response. You are correct that my statement was broad reaching and was done so to conform to the rules of the forums. Those out there who engage in this activity know who they are and those who don't know who they are. And I have done as you suggested with people on here with varying results. And when I feel that the situation dictates that type of response that is what I do. This post was and is just a general statement of my observations.

Saerbhreathach #49 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22069 battles

View PostUnkeptCanine96, on 05 October 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

I don't know.  If you look at your avatar, you look like a little troll driving a tank.:P:trollface:

I think he's rather adorable... :confused:

+1 for the burn all the same though. Twas well played, lol. :teethhappy:

View Postgiaka, on 05 October 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

You know what sucks? I was a closed beta tester and we get no special label. .....lol

I'm a old closed beta tester too ya goof.... Lol. 

Just give Rai a shout and she'll give ya back the nice n shiny beta tester title. ;) 

giaka #50 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43877 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 05 October 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

I think he's rather adorable... :confused:

+1 for the burn all the same though. Twas well played, lol. :teethhappy:

I'm a old closed beta tester too ya goof.... Lol.

Just give Rai a shout and she'll give ya back the nice n shiny beta tester title. ;)

But but but I want a special one. :arta:

WG Balance 101, If a tank has a high survival rate, nerf its gun.

MisSiNg PaRtZ #51 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:13 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 27719 battles
  • [-1]

View PostUnkeptCanine96, on 05 October 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

I don't know.  If you look at your avatar, you look like a little troll driving a tank.:P:trollface:

​Looks like a minion.........Despicable Me 1,2, or 3 ?

Saerbhreathach #52 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22069 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Just to clarify, I used the word MOST. You are including yourself in this "group". I have not singled out 1 person and do not intend to. Although you are clearly proving my point.

You said vast majority, which pretty much implies the entire group. 

You wanna know what's toxic and trollish? B.S. threads like this, that's what. Labelling an entire group as toxic and troll like.... :sceptic:

Saerbhreathach #53 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 22069 battles

View Postgiaka, on 05 October 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

But but but I want a special one. :arta:

Grand poobah of the beta testers? I'm sure Rai will hook ya up, just bribe her with cat stuff. Lol. :P

Hex Arcana #54 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32140 battles
  • [RTA]

View Postgiaka, on 05 October 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

If that's the case then a lot of these folks are tired of seeing WG do everything in thier power to destroy a game they love perhaps?

^

UnceasingFour51 #55 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40518 battles

View PostSaerbhreathach, on 05 October 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

You said vast majority, which pretty much implies the entire group. 

You wanna know what's toxic and trollish? B.S. threads like this, that's what. Labelling an entire group as toxic and troll like.... :sceptic:

OK. Once again..,. I did not label a entire group. I did not single out any one person. At no time did I imply or suggest that this involved a entire group or that it was exclusive behavior to a entire group.   Your dislike of my observations are your right. But that does not make them untrue or [edited]. I do understand your bias in this matter and i am sorry that you feel that I am in some way pointing a finger at you. I am not.   This post was just in-general comments on the things I personally have observed in the forums. Please do not take it personally.

W 4 L K U R E #56 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34028 battles
  • [KMD]
Note how OP singles out those who have been here the longest. That should tell you all you need to know.

​My FV215b Review is here: 

​WOTC 2018- The emperor has no clothes!

CORSAIR_CRAZY #57 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33888 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

Most people on the forums don't know me and that is great. My post go for the most part unnoticed and that is great. But I have noticed lot's on the forums and I just thought I would speak my mind for once.

After months of following the forums and watching who post what and the content of those post I was surprised to see that the vast majority of the negative and toxic post/responses in the forums come from the Beta testers and the Super testers. While the forums contain a lot of negative post and comments, the lions share of the negative responses to post come from these individuals. And as stated was a bit surprised by this. It was my understanding that these individuals are "supposed" to post on the forums to encourage discussion of game content and be a positive voice for the new comers to the game and the forums.   I have seen the exact opposite of this from most of them. It is rare that I have seen anything positive related to a poster with a beta or super tester tag, very rare indeed.  And as anyone who wishes to watch I am sure this post will be slammed very hard by them, and possibly even removed by WG to keep this from becoming a discussion.  Watching to see what happens. 

Hmmm...didn't they recently get rid of the ST program? 

I am a farmable asset,  please don’t call me a potato

giaka #58 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43877 battles
  • [WTAF]
OP, I think a lot of what some of the newer players see in these threads as toxic or trollish are just the old guys reaction to the same threads or post we have seen hundreds of times. Most if not ALL of the "old school" console players I have platooned with are some of the best people I have met in my gaming "career".

Edited by giaka, 05 October 2017 - 08:30 PM.

WG Balance 101, If a tank has a high survival rate, nerf its gun.

W 4 L K U R E #59 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34028 battles
  • [KMD]

View PostCORSAIR_CRAZY, on 05 October 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

Hmmm...didn't they recently get rid of the ST program? 

Must have been all that blatant negativity 

​My FV215b Review is here: 

​WOTC 2018- The emperor has no clothes!

UnceasingFour51 #60 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• 40518 battles

View PostW 4 L K U R E, on 05 October 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Note how OP singles out those who have been here the longest. That should tell you all you need to know.

Well I have not singled out anyone. In fact time in game makes little to no difference about this subject. 

Also tagged with Negative, forums, trolls, post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users