Negative,Toxic, Forum Trolls. Notice who they are.....

Negative forums trolls post

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

UnceasingFour51 #81 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

Staff sergeant

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 40666 battles

View PostW 4 L K U R E, on 05 October 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Could this garbage thread really be OP being mad he doesn't have a tag?

Find out in the next three posts!

Sorry to burst your bubble, But no tag needed.  I know what I can do without a label telling me so. But good try.

R35T NO MORE #82 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16093 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 05 October 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

Really waffle is nerfed?  The deathstar? You really think the forum caused the changes?  

I didn't say the forum did, but positivity sure as hell didn't. Good things rarely bring change in the game industry whereas bad things often do. Name 1 thing that changed in wot due to positive feedback? 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

PrimalSeal1965 #83 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11077 battles
  • [RETRO]
Why can't folks just get along and help each other like back in the day...

R35T NO MORE #84 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16093 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostPrimalSeal1965, on 05 October 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

Why can't folks just get along and help each other like back in the day...

People are going to disagree, it's bound to happen. What's important is that people still have and show respect to each other even if they disagree. For example i respect Profit, i also enjoy having a debate with him as it stays respectful and never delves into insults etc even though we tend to be on different sides of the fence with our opinions. 

My WoT tank reviews

Kaystonian #85 Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 9903 battles

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 05 October 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

People are going to disagree, it's bound to happen. What's important is that people still have and show respect to each other even if they disagree. For example i respect Profit, i also enjoy having a debate with him as it stays respectful and never delves into insults etc even though we tend to be on different sides of the fence with our opinions. 

It's mainly this ppl will always before an against a topic, but respect is the key an I say this I don't have a problem with most of the forumers here only a select few an they do stem from what OP topic on but not so much beta very few. Rather ST and a few reg folk

pr0fit0fcanabis #86 Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 05 October 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

I didn't say the forum did, but positivity sure as hell didn't. Good things rarely bring change in the game industry whereas bad things often do. Name 1 thing that changed in wot due to positive feedback? 

Ummm rest, if its good feedback, that means its something we dont want changed.  So thats not a logical point.  

Fear Da Butter #87 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:27 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34717 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

Most people on the forums don't know me and that is great. My post go for the most part unnoticed and that is great. But I have noticed lot's on the forums and I just thought I would speak my mind for once.

After months of following the forums and watching who post what and the content of those post I was surprised to see that the vast majority of the negative and toxic post/responses in the forums come from the Beta testers and the Super testers. While the forums contain a lot of negative post and comments, the lions share of the negative responses to post come from these individuals. And as stated was a bit surprised by this. It was my understanding that these individuals are "supposed" to post on the forums to encourage discussion of game content and be a positive voice for the new comers to the game and the forums.   I have seen the exact opposite of this from most of them. It is rare that I have seen anything positive related to a poster with a beta or super tester tag, very rare indeed.  And as anyone who wishes to watch I am sure this post will be slammed very hard by them, and possibly even removed by WG to keep this from becoming a discussion.  Watching to see what happens.

Me, Me, Me,  he's talking about Me.... Yahoo I famous now.....  Thanks Bro,  Glad to see all my hard work didn't go unnoticed......

Win8  2735.84  Win7 2184.11  EFF 1918.11  

Fear Da Butter #88 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 34717 battles

View Postgiaka, on 05 October 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

OP, I think a lot of what some of the newer players see in these threads as toxic or trollish are just the old guys reaction to the same threads or post we have seen hundreds of times. Most if not ALL of the "old school" console players I have platooned with are some of the best people I have met in my gaming "career".

It didn't use to be that way...  During and after the Beta most of us did everything we could do to try to help all the new guys out..  It was only after the Non-beta players started getting on the forums and spreading hate and discontent that we got pissed and started firing back.  I'm just as guilty as a lot of them are about it and I admit it.  I had enough one day and said "F it", the hell with being a nice guy and trying to help.  Now, I have never been a politically correct person anyway in life so why start now?  Now days, I'm going to call a spade a spade and if you don't like it don't read it.... No Mister Nice guy

:izmena:

FDB

Win8  2735.84  Win7 2184.11  EFF 1918.11  

CatSnipah #89 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27159 battles
  • [BNKR]

I'm good enough. 

Im smart enough.

and two out of three ain't bad!

El Materdor43 #90 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33410 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostCatSnipah, on 05 October 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

I'm good enough. 

Im smart enough.

and two out of three ain't bad!

Change the lyrics juuuuuust a bit, and I think you’ve got a hit 

pr0fit0fcanabis #91 Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41022 battles

View PostFear Da Butter, on 06 October 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

It didn't use to be that way...  During and after the Beta most of us did everything we could do to try to help all the new guys out..  It was only after the Non-beta players started getting on the forums and spreading hate and discontent that we got pissed and started firing back.  I'm just as guilty as a lot of them are about it and I admit it.  I had enough one day and said "F it", the hell with being a nice guy and trying to help.  Now, I have never been a politically correct person anyway in life so why start now?  Now days, I'm going to call a spade a spade and if you don't like it don't read it.... No Mister Nice guy

:izmena:

FDB

I used to be such a sweet, sweet thing
'Til they got a hold of me

I opened doors for little old ladies
I helped the blind to see
I got no friends cause they read the papers
They can't be seen with me and I'm gettin' real shot down
And I'm feeling mean

Darkgift #92 Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 13474 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 05 October 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

Spoiler

It was..

It misses "sometimes"..

Dark

Thanks go to Violet Viper X for the sig!

VKSheridan #93 Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 23290 battles

There’s some truth in the OP’s opinion but the perspective shared could be a bit narrow.  It is painfully easy to see who engages in corrosive comments and who rarely strays in that direction.  It isn’t limited to a select group, clan, demographic, WIN8, tenure or console.  It’s pretty much the same people hijacking a civil debate or introducing a dead end discussion with intent to stir the proverbial pot.  They’re easy to see.

I don’t buy in to the defense they do it “to preserve the game they love”.  A simple fact based PM conversation to WG can do that, no need for a public spectacle.  Calling people idiots and being a tool is hardly an interaction of love and certainly not a testimonial.  Some folks just like controversy even if they have to make crap up to be “outraged”.

OP - Of the entire player base, who is more inclined to post an opinion in the forum?  Testers or the average Joe?  Of that pool, what percentage would you expect to be indifferent, lack a strong opinion or dismiss a misguided statement?  Testers or the average Joe?  I suspect the ratio might not favor the group you identified but that doesn’t mean they’re the leading source of the salt.  Sure, some have the communication skills of a toddler with a mouthful of Cheerios but that shortcoming is hardly exclusive to the Testers.  I’m guessing it’s 1 in 10 Testers who are tools and it’s 1 in 30 of the rest but add up the total salt and the overall ratio is probably 1 salty Tester to 50 average Joe’s.

Maybe a statistical analysis by the good Dr. Bodge (Our resident epic statistics wizard) could provide a more accurate and scientific ratio.

I'm not defending the guilty (trolls are trolls), just trying to share a different perspective.  

Sovietdeath #94 Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:20 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 15356 battles

View PostUnceasingFour51, on 05 October 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

After months of following the forums and watching who post what and the content of those post I was surprised to see that the vast majority of the negative and toxic post/responses in the forums come from the Beta testers and the Super testers. 

1st of all I'd like to point out the Beta Tester/ Super Test tags haven't ment much in the last few months. All a Beta test tag ment is that you played the game before it's official release. Of course there are a few bad eggs here and there but it was really just alot of people who played it early back when you got cool perks like daily login gold but you were sevearly limited. All a ST tag used to mean is that you were someone with game experience that applied for ST. Some we're also bad eggs trying to get to content early just to play it, get free stuff, ect.

Now within the last month ST was dissolved completely and is just starting from basically scratch. With new rules and regulations, if you have any real problems with a ST person now I suggest PM'ing MaxChaos with a link to said problems. 

People are welcome to react positively or negatively to things. But to be Toxic, abusive, or vulger towards others should never be acceptable.

R35T NO MORE #95 Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:49 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16093 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 06 October 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

Ummm rest, if its good feedback, that means its something we dont want changed.  So thats not a logical point.  

You prove my point. Negativity is the only way to make things change. Be it constructive critisms, veto of purchasing etc. 

My WoT tank reviews

SlagInGristle #96 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34374 battles
  • [6SIC6]
Rank does that to people- sometimes it’s not earned or warranted..... 
:bush:

SlagInGristle #97 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34374 battles
  • [6SIC6]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 06 October 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

You prove my point. Negativity is the only way to make things change. Be it constructive critisms, veto of purchasing etc. 

negative reinforcement over the long term is horrible - but good for short term results.

positive reinforcement is proven to be a long term success and leads to making leaders out of followers. 

Its td good to know when to apply both of them. 

R35T NO MORE #98 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16093 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostSlagInGristle, on 06 October 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

negative reinforcement over the long term is horrible - but good for short term results.

positive reinforcement is proven to be a long term success and leads to making leaders out of followers. 

Its td good to know when to apply both of them. 

Depends what you're dealing with, a person or a business. Here, with regards to the game updates, we are dealing with a business. When dealing with a person then positive re-inforcement is ideal. WG are seeing positive feedback now, however if people had been happy all along WG wouldn't have seen a problem. However i think we're going deeper than needed. Profit tried to imply that negativity didn't bring change. It did, regardless of it was negativity from here or not. 

My WoT tank reviews

SlagInGristle #99 Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:35 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34374 battles
  • [6SIC6]

View PostR35T NO MORE, on 06 October 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Depends what you're dealing with, a person or a business. Here, with regards to the game updates, we are dealing with a business. When dealing with a person then positive re-inforcement is ideal. 

I think wg seems to respond better to what is liked. The work they do is a tedious thing and so moving it toward positive is easier than undoing what’s been done. It’s also very easy to state displeasure with something.... to state what the positive course is requires more commitment. 

El Materdor43 #100 Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33410 battles
  • [HACKS]

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 05 October 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;">I used to be such a sweet, sweet thing
'Til they got a hold of me

rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;" /> rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;">I opened doors for little old ladies
rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;" /> rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;">I helped the blind to see
rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;" /> rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;">I got no friends cause they read the papers
rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;" /> rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;">They can't be seen with me and I'm gettin' real shot down
rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;" /> rogramme, sans-serif;background:none;">And I'm feeling mean

That could be the Forum Theme Song!!

Good tune, BTW

Also tagged with Negative, forums, trolls, post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users