Tech Tree Guide Part 1: America

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

StuftRock1 #1 Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:57 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

I have made a guide for the American Tech Tree that outlines the pros and cons of each line. Please let me know if I have left anything out or got something wrong.

NOTE: This guide is very basic and most other guides probably go into a lot more detail than this. I also tried to avoid talking about specific tanks and instead focused on the whole line in general.

-Heavy:
     -Pros: Amazing guns. Outstanding turret armor. Decent mobility.
     -Cons: Poor hull armor (Except Tiers IX+).

-SPG:
     -Pros: Amazing alpha. Good splash damage. Decent mobility. Wide gun arc.
     -Cons: Long reload. Inaccurate.

-TD:
     -T110E3:
          -Pros: Amazing guns. Tiers VIII+ have outstanding armor. Great mobility (except Tiers VIII+).
          -Cons: Bad armor (except Tiers VIII+). Loses mobility at Tiers VIII+.

-T110E4:
          -Pros: Great mobility (loses a little at Tiers VII+). Great guns. Turrets.
          -Cons: Bad armor. Semi-functional turret on Tiers VIII and X. Tiers IX and X not that great.

-Medium:
     -Pros: Decent mobility. Great gun depression. Good guns.
     -Cons: Below average armor.

-Light:
     -T49:
          -Pros: Great mobility. Autoloader (Tiers VI+ except Tier VIII). Good guns. Great view range.
          -Cons: Bad armor. Rather large.

-T69:
          -Pros: Good mobility. Autoloader (Tiers VII+). Great guns.
          -Cons: Bad armor. 

SGT Rock 1963 #2 Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:07 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]

Wot XBOX - Global wiki. com.     +1.     

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

StuftRock1 #3 Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

View PostSGT Rock 1963, on 07 October 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

Wot XBOX - Global wiki. com.     +1.      You havent unlocked any of these tanks. Except T-29.

I'm literally going down every single American line atm. Currently I'm at the M41, T37, T21, T67, T95, Pershing, and T29, respectively.

StuftRock1 #4 Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:35 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

View PostSGT Rock 1963, on 09 October 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

I'm up to Tier IX on the T110E3 line, Tier VIII on the medium, and VII on the heavy, so don't tell me I lack experience. You know what? Most of my research came from wiki guides, including the ones you posted and others like it. I've looked at armor layouts, gun stats, engines, and various other stats not only in game but on various websites. And my own experience proves what I have found. So until you tell me what it is I got wrong, assuming you truly believe I am wrong, then you are just a troll. Go away.

Edited by Volier_Zcit, 13 October 2017 - 06:34 AM.

Sly Indasky #5 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14462 battles
  • [D12UN]

OP, I sadly have to add to SGT Rock remarks about your lack of experience.

You're talking about tanks you haven't played at all or you played so few that you can only give a superficial view about them.

You rushed along few lines and actually reached :

- T8 on french light line

- T7 on 1 US med line

- T8 on 1 soviet heavy line

- T8 on 1 US TD line

- T6 on soviet arty line

Your most played tank is the US TD T25 AT with 203 games.

I friendly confirm that your experience (as mine) is too thin to produce any solid review/guide.

Your attempt is honorable and hopefully related to a strong will to help other tankers. But maybe it comes a bit too soon regarding your level of overall knowledge of this game.

Wish you many good games :honoring:

Edited by Sly Indasky, 11 October 2017 - 02:33 PM.

StuftRock1 #6 Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

View PostSly Indasky, on 11 October 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

OP, I sadly have to add to SGT Rock remarks about your lack of experience.

You're talking about tanks you haven't played at all or you played so few that you can only give a superficial view about them.

You rushed along few lines and actually reached :

- T8 on french light line

- T7 on 1 US med line

- T8 on 1 soviet heavy line

- T9 on 1 US TD line

- T6 on soviet arty line

Your most played tank is the US TD T25 AT with 203 games.

I friendly confirm that your experience (as mine) is too thin to produce any solid review/guide.

Your attempt is honorable and hopefully related to a strong will to help other tankers. But maybe it comes a bit too soon regarding your level of overall knowledge of this game.

Wish you many good games :honoring:

I agree that I lack first hand experience in the high tier tanks. I know this doesn't really count as experience but I've watched plenty of gameplay videos on them so I know pretty much how they play and what to expect when I get them. However, my standard knowledge of these tanks actually had very little impact on the making of these guides. On almost everything I said in the guides I got from the large wiki guides on the internet. Now I know that this isn't really quite enough to make something like this, as I knew that there would be at least a few things I missed or got wrong. That's why I posted them here; to correct any incorrect information or add something I missed. Wish you many good games aswell!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users