Tech Tree Guide Part 8: Czechoslovakia

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

StuftRock1 #1 Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

I have made a guide for the Czech Tech Tree that outlines the pros and cons of each line. Please let me know if I have left anything out or got something wrong.

NOTE: This guide is very basic and most other guides probably go into a lot more detail than this. I also tried to avoid talking about specific tanks and instead focused on the whole line in general.

-Medium:
     -Pros: Great mobility. Decent guns (becomes great at Tiers IX+). Auto-loader (Tiers III, VI, and IX+).
     -Cons: Awful armor. Few hitpoints. Very large (Tiers IX+). Low DPM until Tiers VI and VIII+. Poor gun handling (until Tier VI+).

SGT Rock 1963 #2 Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]
WoT XBOX Global wiki .com

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

SirDerp-a-lot #3 Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55714 battles
  • [GER_1]

I don't see the point in line reviews, and this one is factually wrong: Tier VII and VIII mediums do not have autoloaders. I also don't see the poor gun handling.

StuftRock1 #4 Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:56 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 08 October 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I don't see the point in line reviews, and this one is factually wrong: Tier VII and VIII mediums do not have autoloaders. I also don't see the poor gun handling.

Poor gun handling is based on experience of up to Tier VI, and the Tier VII and VIII having autoloaders was based of a few reviews. I'll correct that.

This also isn't a line review, but more of a line guide. The purpose of this is to help people (particularly beginners) to decide which line they would like to go down.

SirDerp-a-lot #5 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55714 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostStuftRock1, on 08 October 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

Poor gun handling is based on experience of up to Tier VI

So you don't even know the tanks you are reviewing?

StuftRock1 #6 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:03 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 08 October 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

So you don't even know the tanks you are reviewing?

like I said, I'm not reviewing them. But to answer you question, no, I do not have any first hand experience on Czech tanks Tiers VII+, but after 8 hours of research, I know what to expect. A reason for posting these is to correct any incorrect information.

SirDerp-a-lot #7 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55714 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostStuftRock1, on 08 October 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

like I said, I'm not reviewing them.

So you don't even know the tanks you are "guiding"?

I value reviews very much, but this is bound to lump together completely different tanks.

• T-34/100: Upgraded T-34-85, with a terrible stock grind and low DPM even with the top gun. No gun depression to speak of.
  • TVP VTU: Middle-of-the-road medium with no weaknesses. Good mobility, armor, choice of two good top guns but nothing spectacular.
  • T50: Very good tank even stock, excellent damage potential with the top gun, good mobility, big fella though.

About as different as mediums could be.

StuftRock1 #8 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 08 October 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

So you don't even know the tanks you are "guiding"?

I value reviews very much, but this is bound to lump together completely different tanks.

• T-34/100: Upgraded T-34-85, with a terrible stock grind and low DPM even with the top gun. No gun depression to speak of.
  • TVP VTU: Middle-of-the-road medium with no weaknesses. Good mobility, armor, choice of two good top guns but nothing spectacular.
  • T50: Very good tank even stock, excellent damage potential with the top gun, good mobility, big fella though.

Completely different tanks.

I knew everything you said about the T-34 and the T 50 but was completely surprised about the TVP. You are the first person I have ever seen not talk smack about it.

SirDerp-a-lot #9 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55714 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostStuftRock1, on 08 October 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

I knew everything you said about the T-34 and the T 50

So, different tanks then, no point in writing a line guide.

View PostStuftRock1, on 08 October 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

but was completely surprised about the TVP. You are the first person I have ever seen not talk smack about it.

I know, I don't see why though, it's a good tank.

But that's not my point.

StuftRock1 #10 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 08 October 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

So, different tanks then, no point in writing a line guide.

I know, I don't see why though, it's a good tank.

But that's not my point.

Well I have updated the OP based on your feedback.

SirDerp-a-lot #11 Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55714 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostStuftRock1, on 08 October 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

Well I have updated the OP based on your feedback.

I give up. This "guide" is just confusing or misleading people. Write tank reviews instead.

StuftRock1 #12 Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

I'm just going to point out to you that the TVP does not at all have good armor. I just played a game on my T21 (Tier VI Light) and completely rekt a TVP. Penetrated every single shot without premium at a distance of around 4-500 meters. It's just like all other Czech tanks: armor sucks. I don't know where you got it had good armor. It doesn't. Talk about misleading...

Yeah just checked. Thickest is 65mm. At Tier VIII, that is absolutely horrible. And it's really not that different from the T-34/100. Both have decent top guns, good mobility, and absolutely zero armor. There are differences, of course. But it's like that with any other line. The Czech line only has 2 major changes:  1 at Tier V with the T 24, and the other at Tier IX with the T 50. I don't know if you have gone down this line, but it really seems that I know more about the Czech tanks than you do.

Oh, I even updated the op with what you said about the 34/100 and the 50, so I really don't get what your problem is.

SGT Rock 1963 #13 Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:44 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 08 October 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

I give up. This "guide" is just confusing or misleading people. Write tank reviews instead.

+1 

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

SirDerp-a-lot #14 Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

Major

• Players
  • 55714 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostStuftRock1, on 08 October 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

I'm just going to point out to you that the TVP does not at all have good armor.

For a medium of course.

View PostStuftRock1, on 08 October 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

I really don't get what your problem is.

Too complicated or misleading. I don't see any value in it.

StuftRock1 #15 Posted 08 October 2017 - 11:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 08 October 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

For a medium of course.

Too complicated or misleading. I don't see any value in it.

I just looked. There are only 2 Tier VIII meds in game currently that have less armor than the TVP: AMX CDC and the M4A1 Ravioli. Even the British Centurion has more armor.

I see where you're coming from when you say complicated or misleading. I made this mostly geared towards beginners who either are too lazy or could not find any guides that went very well in depth that talked about each tank and such. That is why I avoided talking about specific tanks and only just did a summary of the whole line in general. Because of this I expect there to be people who don't find any value in this. And yes, I did read all those in depth guides. These are just very very basic summaries of those guides. Something you can quickly look at, find what you need, and get back to your game in like 2 minutes or less. So, like I said, it's not for everybody.

SirDerp-a-lot #16 Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55714 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostStuftRock1, on 09 October 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

I just looked. There are only 2 Tier VIII meds in game currently that have less armor than the TVP: AMX CDC and the M4A1 Ravioli. Even the British Centurion has more armor.

Why are you still talking about the TVP's armor? Looks to me as if you desperately want to score a point.

Write a review of the TVP, then we can talk about its armor.

View PostStuftRock1, on 09 October 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

I see where you're coming from when you say complicated or misleading. I made this mostly geared towards beginners who either are too lazy or could not find any guides that went very well in depth that talked about each tank and such. That is why I avoided talking about specific tanks and only just did a summary of the whole line in general.

No, you didn't. Look at your "guide" again, its just a confusing mess. "Decent guns, except when they aren't, bad mobility except when it's good" and so on. All this and it's still factually wrong. To be honest, I did more to help beginners in my quick one-line tank reviews above then your guide does. I have written reviews about lines before, but at most I put together tank that are really similar, like the Centurions.

The Swedish tier X heavy apparently has the hardest turret in the game, yet your Swedish guide tells the reader that it has "horrible armor". Yes, I read that other part, but how can you be sure that the average beginner would read that?

StuftRock1 #17 Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6470 battles

View Postkorbendallas-01, on 09 October 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

Why are you still talking about the TVP's armor? Looks to me as if you desperately want to score a point.

Write a review of the TVP, then we can talk about its armor.

No, you didn't. Look at your "guide" again, its just a confusing mess. "Decent guns, except when they aren't, bad mobility except when it's good" and so on. All this and it's still factually wrong. To be honest, I did more to help beginners in my quick one-line tank reviews above then your guide does. I have written reviews about lines before, but at most I put together tank that are really similar, like the Centurions.

The Swedish tier X heavy apparently has the hardest turret in the game, yet your Swedish guide tells the reader that it has "horrible armor". Yes, I read that other part, but how can you be sure that the average beginner would read that?

I brought up the TVP again because if you got a well known fact just completely wrong, how could I be sure that you actually know what you're talking about when you discuss the Czech line?

And no, it's not a confusing mess. You and that other guy are the only ones who did not like it. All of my friends found this quite helpful, plus the 2 others on the Chinese and Swedish thread. I also find it quite helpful sometimes. If it doesn't work for you, then oh well. Like I said, not for everybody. And just like that other guy, you tell me I'm wrong without telling me what it is. When I made this, the whole thing I mean, I knew I would probably get some information wrong, and that's part of the reason why I posted these: to correct any incorrect information. So I'm going to tell you what I told that other guy: either say something helpful or go away.

"but how can you be sure that the average beginner would read that?"

Why would someone make a decision without even looking at all of the presented information? If they make a decision while only looking at half of the information and get something different than they expected, than that's on them. But how can you be sure a beginner will read all of your little tank reviews or all of the wiki guides?

"decent guns, except when they aren't.... etc."

No, it's not like that. If I say decent guns, then that means the line generally has decent guns, with exceptions at Tiers # and #-#. How is it so difficult to understand that. The French light line generally has great mobility, but there are exceptions at Tiers I-IV, meaning that Tiers I-IV do not have great mobility, while Tiers V-X do. Simple as that.

"All this and it's still factually wrong."

Tell me what I got wrong and I'll look into it and fix it! That's kinda why I posted these.

"The Swedish tier X heavy apparently has the hardest turret in the game, yet your Swedish guide tells the reader that it has "horrible armor"."

Like I said, it's all there. When they read "horrible armor", they read exactly what it says: the tank has horrible armor. But then they read "amazing turret armor" and that tells them that the turret is Very thick while the rest of the tank is made of cheese. If they don't read the good turret armor or the bad hull armor part then that's on them.

Sly Indasky #18 Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14462 battles
  • [D12UN]

View PostSly Indasky, on 11 October 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

OP, I sadly have to add to SGT Rock remarks about your lack of experience.

You're talking about tanks you haven't played at all or you played so few that you can only give a superficial view about them.

You rushed along few lines and actually reached :

- T8 on french light line

- T7 on 1 US med line

- T8 on 1 soviet heavy line

- T8 on 1 US TD line

- T6 on soviet arty line

Your most played tank is the US TD T25 AT with 203 games.

I friendly confirm that your experience (as mine) is too thin to produce any solid review/guide.

Your attempt is honorable and hopefully related to a strong will to help other tankers. But maybe it comes a bit too soon regarding your level of overall knowledge of this game.

Wish you many good games :honoring:

pingwrx #19 Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 24317 battles
  • [REDIT]
If you don't have actual game experience playing the tanks op why write a guide to confuse beginners?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users