Elite Dangerous (DLC's and etc.)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GeneralZap1 #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17224 battles
I can't recommend this game anymore. I'll try to summarize;

1. Everything you ever do, especially if it involved using your brain or skill, is nerfed and nerfed, making more of a grind.
2. After wave(s) of nerfs, they implement buffs (engineering); you need to not feel quite as much of a nerf, and feel "buffed." Note the word FEEL buffed. You're going to have everything you love nerfed again, or over-buffed in another update.
3. The economy of this game shouldn't even exist except as lore, because nothing you ever need comes from the changing actual economy. You can't buy items for getting things buffed. Goodness no, you must grind for that "buff." This also means no profiteering off of "lazy" people that don't want to grind for 70 hours for "buffs" that are really more often than not un-nerfs or are already pre-compensated for in the game.

Seriously I have a partialy engineered Python now mysteriously failing to outmanuever Beluga and Anaconda, much larger vessels and now plasma acc. aren't even doing damage to eagles upon hit... My hatred is unending. This isn't just 1 fluke incident. I was the best Python/Large Ship pilot of all my friends and I know my skills wouldn't decline this much. I don't even want an Anaconda as the Python's supposed to be more manueverable and I'm waiting to get an Imp. Cutter, despite having the money, the grind for the CUtter rank is horrendous.

TL DR; Slightly exaggerated example; you are nerfed by 20%. They offer a "buff" of 15% either before or after the nerf, but the nerf always happens eventually. The grinding for the buff is worshipping the devs to be un-nerfed, and enjoying it, as their not-so-subtle tweaking renders everything you ever loved to ingeniously conceive of less valuable and less valuable.

Crimson Pig 82 #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19207 battles

I still play it now and then it is a good game. BUT that grind for a Cutter is not that bad just got to know where to look.o7   

GeneralZap1 #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 17224 battles

View PostCrimson Pig 82, on 12 October 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

I still play it now and then it is a good game. BUT that grind for a Cutter is not that bad just got to know where to look.o7   

Also known as riding exploits and/or grinding; the grind itself no matter what takes long enough other people that DO use exploits get MOST advantage, and there are too many, despicable game. Someone got to Elite in my group of friends before me because of exploits. This entire game is cheated and cheated, and those of us following legitimate paths are screwed and screwed. Hate this game.

It honestly, everything about it, feels like a communist regime in the "economy."

Crimson Pig 82 #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19207 battles
I did not use a exploit to get a cutter or a corvette. I just played the game to get those ships.   but if you want a cutter go to ADITI in boom do date mission o7   

flynlion #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 3637 battles
I played Elite Dangerous for about a week, got bored, moved on to something else.

RadiantPup27709 #6 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22824 battles
I tried to stay with elite, but the lack of content and boredom finally took over. That game has potential, but the devs want no part of it.

Crimson Pig 82 #7 Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:56 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19207 battles

View PostRadiantPup27709, on 14 October 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

I tried to stay with elite, but the lack of content and boredom finally took over. That game has potential, but the devs want no part of it.

Same :( o7

Ruthless4u #8 Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11312 battles
  • [SKREB]
Star Citizen Rules!!!

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users