Jump to content


War Stories - 2 Americans and 2 Britishs, that's it ?

War Stories Nations Crews

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Rainwer #1 Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 15885 battles
  • 391
  • [AMVET]
  • Member since:
    02-08-2016

I really thought we could have 1 special crew per "main" nation like American, British, Soviet and German, but instead we get 2 nations only.

Why not ? That could help some newbies at least, knowing all crews comes with Sixty Sense skill.

 

Or this is part of a plan to sell episodes ? I noticed the last one was marked with a "Get it for free", which is kinda strange.

If they start selling episodes FFS.



 


Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16267 battles
  • 10,162
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

The second brit war story didn't come with any free skills afaik.

 

As for buying war stories episodes, it would be a better way of generating revenue from the game than pushing reskins and pay2win premiums. Though I doubt anyone will buy into war stories unless you start actually getting reasonable rewards from playing it.


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

Tier 10's: T110E3, E-50m, T110E4, FV 215b, IS 7, T57 Heavy, Fv 4202, Leopard 1, FV 215b (183), E-100, Bat Chat 25t, T110E5, IS-4, Conqueror Gun Carrier, STB-1, M48 Patton, JgPz E-100, T-62a, 121, Waffenträger Auf E-100, Obj 263, Maus, Foch 155, AMX 50b, 113, Obj 268, Obj 140, Chieftain Mk6 - In order researched.  

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite


BULLPUPBAKERST1 #3 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31885 battles
  • 9,014
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 13 October 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

The second brit war story didn't come with any free skills afaik.

 

As for buying war stories episodes, it would be a better way of generating revenue from the game than pushing reskins and pay2win premiums. Though I doubt anyone will buy into war stories unless you start actually getting reasonable rewards from playing it.

I think that crew had 6th sense as well...id have to look later to be 100% sure


 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

 


Tempest fox3 #4 Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:58 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 16267 battles
  • 10,162
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostBULLPUPBAKERST1, on 13 October 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

I think that crew had 6th sense as well...id have to look later to be 100% sure

 

I don't remember ss ever activating when I was playing through the story mode on the Cromwell.


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

Tier 10's: T110E3, E-50m, T110E4, FV 215b, IS 7, T57 Heavy, Fv 4202, Leopard 1, FV 215b (183), E-100, Bat Chat 25t, T110E5, IS-4, Conqueror Gun Carrier, STB-1, M48 Patton, JgPz E-100, T-62a, 121, Waffenträger Auf E-100, Obj 263, Maus, Foch 155, AMX 50b, 113, Obj 268, Obj 140, Chieftain Mk6 - In order researched.  

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite


BULLPUPBAKERST1 #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31885 battles
  • 9,014
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 13 October 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

 

I don't remember ss ever activating when I was playing through the story mode on the Cromwell.

 

I don't remember what I did yesterday, so I'll defer at this point. 

 

100% Credit/Thanks to Violet Viper X for the fantastic Sig. 

 

The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.-Nietzsche-

 


Neokill #6 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 6879 battles
  • 510
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostRainwer, on 13 October 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

I really thought we could have 1 special crew per "main" nation like American, British, Soviet and German, but instead we get 2 nations only.

Why not ? That could help some newbies at least, knowing all crews comes with Sixty Sense skill.

 

Or this is part of a plan to sell episodes ? I noticed the last one was marked with a "Get it for free", which is kinda strange.

If they start selling episodes FFS.

 

I agree ... I'd love to see German war stories and Japanese war stories. Just because they lost WWII does not mean we cant have a war story or 2

 


Compare tanks, packages, armor, and weak spots with actual console data: http://www.worldoftanksgameguide.com

 

 

 


jonnymanz67 #7 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 35391 battles
  • 2,209
  • [MDK]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

All crews have SS, but for me they're a little redundant as I have all the crews I need for the Brits and American lines but I will train them on and off and maybe use them later on.

As for selling episodes I'd want a lot more substance to the story and things you can do, for instance they could make the tanks premiums and include crews with special perks and or a couple of extra skills trained because as is just slapping a gold price on what they are now would be a little cheeky imo.



SlagInGristle #8 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:51 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 31069 battles
  • 2,539
  • [6SIC6]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

Read “ the last panzer “ easily the strongest recounting of the ww2 full warfare that took place on the eastern front. Most didn’t want to discuss it because they lived thru a literal meat grinder. 

 

It it would make a great story for this game or something along those lines. Also the Soviet side of the conflict with the sieges would make some good stories. Based on facts.

 

What is this British armor smoking Soviet armor into Berlin? I don’t find anything of this in my history books. If it’s not fact what the hell is it?


:bush:

Albapfalzd3 #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4707 battles
  • 229
  • Member since:
    04-07-2017

View PostSlagInGristle, on 13 October 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Read “ the last panzer “ easily the strongest recounting of the ww2 full warfare that took place on the eastern front. Most didn’t want to discuss it because they lived thru a literal meat grinder. 

 

It it would make a great story for this game or something along those lines. Also the Soviet side of the conflict with the sieges would make some good stories. Based on facts.

 

What is this British armor smoking Soviet armor into Berlin? I don’t find anything of this in my history books. If it’s not fact what the hell is it?

 

Alternate Histories. They all are.

 

Roy



ThermalStone #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19496 battles
  • 2,386
  • Member since:
    02-18-2014
If they are introducing more alternate histories, it should be easy to get crews for other nations involved.  Get a Swiss crew to defend a cuckoo clock factory when the French violate their neutrality in a chocolate related dispute.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

 

Grinding: Centurion I

Elite: Pz. 38H, T7 Combat Car, Locust, Matilda, T67, VK 30.01 D, T29, T25/2, T26E4 Super Pershing, FV215b 183, E 100, Waffentrager auf E 100, AMX 50B, E50M, T57 Heavy, T110E5, Object 268 

3 MoEs: T67, T-34 (100%), VK 30.01 D (100%), T29, T25/2


Xenith_Inc #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2014 battles
  • 199
  • Member since:
    04-15-2017
WS crews are brilliant for newbies, skipping straight to SS is a wonder.

I also was hoping for a German and Russian, but I'll take what I can get. I'm saving the British crews for when I go up that tree to put in a tank I want to keep while I move my main crew up.

Buck went into my m4, another American would be great for a Wolverine.





Also tagged with War Stories, Nations, Crews

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users