War Stories: Kennedy's War Feedback

kennedys war war stories

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Wekae #121 Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

Private

• Players
  • 167 battles
It's easy to explain why the last part does not work anymore!
(I had contacted the support therefore)
Many (youtube) vidoes show that you only have to defeat all the opponents in the last stage, then you have won.
But that has been changed at some point, now the white circle must be occupied. It is now impossible to win part 3. I also solved all other campaigns. (no problems, mostly straight away).
It is no longer possible with the bad AI and the weak bulldog.
The answer from the support was that they have not received any other tickets yet.
I have tried it 50 times, defeat most of the opponents, but the time is definitely not enough. If you say the AI, attack, help, follow me, comes with me often "negative" as an answer.
Either it has been changed by the developer without testing it, or it is a bug.
10 opponents and the white circle in 3 minutes is impossible.

SteelDark1975 #122 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:53 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13582 battles

As mentioned by the 3 prior comments the final mission has changed or difficulty has been increased in a way that makes mission completion near impossible.  I have killed the entire enemy team but not left with enough time to beat the counter.  Especially since the friendly AI is very slow to get in circle with you.

Very Classy #123 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32647 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostWekae, on 05 May 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

It's easy to explain why the last part does not work anymore!
(I had contacted the support therefore)
Many (youtube) vidoes show that you only have to defeat all the opponents in the last stage, then you have won.
But that has been changed at some point, now the white circle must be occupied. It is now impossible to win part 3. I also solved all other campaigns. (no problems, mostly straight away).
It is no longer possible with the bad AI and the weak bulldog.
The answer from the support was that they have not received any other tickets yet.
I have tried it 50 times, defeat most of the opponents, but the time is definitely not enough. If you say the AI, attack, help, follow me, comes with me often "negative" as an answer.
Either it has been changed by the developer without testing it, or it is a bug.
10 opponents and the white circle in 3 minutes is impossible.

View PostSteelDark1975, on 24 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

As mentioned by the 3 prior comments the final mission has changed or difficulty has been increased in a way that makes mission completion near impossible.  I have killed the entire enemy team but not left with enough time to beat the counter.  Especially since the friendly AI is very slow to get in circle with you.

Yeah, this seems to be pretty broken. I've given it a whirl several times and needing to kill the last group and fully capture the base in 3 minutes is rather daunting. I checked some YT vids, but all they had to do was kill all the enemies to succeed.

I assume the change was made because of all the easy silver and XP players were getting from Live Fire, but, holy mackeral, what's the point of even having this mode if no one is completing it?

After getting Bombardier, I figured I might as well finish out the rest of the achievements. Now, I understand why only 0.94% have unlocked Story Master. I don't think it's working as intended.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

geolow477 #124 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26202 battles
  • [RSPCT]
Just found this thread and I'm glad I did. I've been going crazy trying to complete the final mission but with no luck. Thought I was doing something wrong. Maybe timer should be adjusted to 5 minutes?

FuzzySquirrel21 #125 Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10914 battles
I’m trying to do this now but the last section on the last chapter is simply not possible.   Just way too many tanks and even if you destroy the tanks, there’s not enough time to cap and the biggest problem is your friendlies have trouble navigating that section downhill.   I came close but just not enough time.

DertyChewbacca #126 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 8883 battles
Last chapter is impossible. Kill all enemy tanks AND cap?! What are you thinking WG? Change this please.

Cosminiion #127 Posted 27 December 2018 - 10:52 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11727 battles

Funny thing about the last Chapter as it stands is that it is actually POSSIBLE to finish it in the Bulldog, secondary objectives included, but it is extremely luck based. I managed to beat it just yesterday and I'm going to give a guide of sorts. Firstly, it is pretty much paramount to fully upgrade that Bulldog, you need the improved maneuverability and firepower to stand a chance. I suggest taking two small repair kits and one first aid kit on the Bulldog. I didn't use any premium shells or equipment (didn't want to waste silver on that), but it would be useful to have some. Two radial commands are crucial in my opinion, the Request Fire on enemy and Help Me ones. The former is great for "waking up" the AI a little and getting focus fire on a target (I think it even instructs Arty to take shots at that target) and the latter serves as another "wake up call" for the AI and instructs them to rush to your position. If before the fourth battle your ammo rack gets damaged or your gunner is knocked out and you can't fix those, don't even bother with the final fight as well as if you are set on fire at any point, just restart (repair pick ups don't repair modules, only restore HP).

Beginning the chapter, for the first fight, just spot the enemy tanks and peek over the low hill to shoot them; don't expose yourself too much, preserve your HP, let the friendly AI deal damage too; hope that no friendly AI dies here. Approach the first marker, but don't trigger it yet; call for help and wait for the AI to be with you, then go.

Second fight at first missile site, you need to deal a lot of damage and take some shots to preserve the health of the AI; you can repair yourself, but they can't. Don't worry if you end this fight with low health, a repair Pick Up appears after capturing the first site. Again, hope that your AIs are still healthy and alive (maybe one light tank down, but no more).

Third fight; this is where the RNG fun begins. Approach the second missile site and call for help, peek over the slope to detect the two enemies guarding this site and carefully take shots at them; use the slope to your advantage and back down after every shot. The enemy AI will try to rush you, as they do, but by the time they get to you, your AI allies should be with you to provide support; let them take the shots, you need your health to be at max after this fight preferably. Most important step here, as soon as the two tanks there have been dealt with, speed past the capture site until you spot all of the remaining enemies at the third missile site; once they appear, make a U-turn and fall back to the second site where your allies should be. The purpose is to aggro them and make them come towards the second site, so your allies can start fighting them before the third 3 minute timer begins. Fall further back towards the first site (repair yourself again if needed) and call for help; you don't want your allies to capture that site too fast, because if they do, the third 3 minute timer starts and as everyone knows by now you won't have enough time to deal with all the remaining enemies and also capture the third site like that. When about a minute is left of the second 3 minute timer, go with your allies and capture the second site.

Fourth and final fight. Speaking of RNG, I probably should've mentioned earlier, but if the "Boss" tank is a KV-4, you might as well restart; you can try, but I highly doubt you can overcome that. In the best case, the "Boss" tank will be an Object 416; then you might have a chance. Onto the fight; take cover behind the destructible building and take out the enemy Artillery (pray it doesn't one shot you). By this time, most of the final wave of enemies should be close to the second site, because you aggroed them earlier and they should be focused on your AI allies. You need to be lucky for your AI allies to fight well. Take out any enemy tanks that are still on the other side of the lake from the cover of that destructible building still. Once only a small clump of enemies is left on that narrow path, Request Fire on the "Boss" and help as much as possible with dealing damage; you need to fulfill the role of a medium/heavy tank at this point with that little Bulldog tank. Once there are only 2 or 3 tanks left and about 1:50 left on the timer, speed past the remaining enemies and enter the last capture site. Finish off the last enemies from within the capture circle and call for help. Keep moving in the circle if necessary, don't get hit, it's crucial. You need to enter the circle with at least 55 seconds left on the timer and not get hit to have a solid chance to finish. Hopefully, at least 1 or 2 allies are still alive and on the way to help you capture.

Mission accomplished! Anyone who manages to succeed this is a legend in my book. I too thought it was literally impossible (tried about 20-30 times before succeeding), but it turns out it is not with some massive luck. Although, I believe it might actually be impossible to finish the Challenge version, including secondary objectives. You absolutely need to repair yourself to stand any chance in this ordeal. You Good luck to those who bother!

Edited by Cosminiion, 27 December 2018 - 11:02 AM.

SPUK4U #128 Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10910 battles

So the last story is still broken, good to know that I don't waste my game time with it.   :(

Anyway, the discount tank from this mission M4A2E4 Sherman is no good for current tier V game so when WG finally bothers to fix this mission it would be good opportunity to change the tank to something useful like Ram II. 

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

SPUK4U #129 Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:53 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10910 battles

View PostSPUK4U, on 27 December 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

So the last story is still broken, good to know that I don't waste my game time with it.   :(

Anyway, the discount tank from this mission M4A2E4 Sherman is no good for current tier V game so when WG finally bothers to fix this mission it would be good opportunity to change the tank to something useful like Ram II. 

Updating my own comment:  Now the war story seems to be fixed.  I got it done, but it's important to keep your green team alive long as possible as you need all the tanks in the last phase.  Killing all does not cause victory, you have to cap the base and it means you have to drive past the enemy team and let others to deal with most of them while you go start the cap timer.  A tip, don't use "target" command as your team focuses on your target and they get killed. Also, take out the enemy arty as priority target as it will cause lot of damage to your team. 
- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

Also tagged with kennedys, war, war stories

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users