Major

• Players
  • 20544 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostShadow Akula 96, on 18 October 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

Silver for single tank bundles 

gold for multi-tank bundles

Ah, forget about that. Cheers. 

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

LevelStream18 #62 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11777 battles
Just played through this one, I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty fun (though not very challenging). I like what you did with prok for the third chapter (although this time I don't think that map would work well in multiplayer battles. Still, a few maps from the previous stories were nice and I think should be added to multiplayer). Overall, I'd have to say that once again I don't have much of an incentive to play these. I was barely making any xp, and was losing money each game. I understand that these modes shouldn't make as much money as the Multiplayer battles, but to lose money even when playing through with the default M41 seems a bit strange. Also, the first couple had great one time only rewards for playing through them, like 20k free xp. Right now I think the only reason to play this other out of curiosity is the 65% discount bundles (which are very nice and I'd like to see them continue with future WS), but I don't always want the tank that's in the bundle. This time the sherman variant wan't so interesting to me, unlike the snakebite for Sealion. Until some suitable rewards (or even just the possibility of not losing silver) are offered, I will likely only be playing these through once to check them out, and maybe for the discount bundle if it interests me. What about giving away some crew vouchers + boost ops, a day of premium, 100k silver and 5 to 10k free xp for completing the final chapter for the first time? Overall I think that WS is a good addition to the game with some good potential, I just think that the incentive to play right now isn't that great.

Pit Friend #63 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33535 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostRaiBOT01, on 17 October 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

That is a Microsoft delayed.  You should be getting it.  

Yeah it was there after I turned my Xbox on again after lunch. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

LevelStream18 #64 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:12 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11777 battles
One more thing I should mention, I forgot to say it above. Part of WS was to help bring in new players less used to multiplayer games, and to teach new players a bit about the game before they hit the multiplayer battles. How are brand new players who don't have large reserves of silver going to react when they are losing a lot of silver playing WS? The low profitability of WS could end up driving new players away, which is bad for long time players because the player base wouldn't grow, and also bad for WG, as obviously there'd be fewer paying customers. As I said before, WS has a lot of potential, but we really need more of an incentive to play it

touchwoodboatman #65 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:38 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14487 battles
Fun but the silver earnings are far too low.  No incentive to play it again.

ElCrazyMexDeuce #66 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:50 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26627 battles

Ok, I guess I may be the only one experiencing this, but I have two issues that have been ongoing through two chapters before shutting it down.

1. After each battle, the tank never appears in the garage so I cant do anything about  upgrades nor changing ammo if I wanted to.

2. I also cannot access the commander in order to upgrade to a skill.

I was able to do both these things in all previous War Stories chapters. Has anyone else experienced this?

sumo1234 #67 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 63218 battles
Played it thru and got my tank offer,and I agree that the silver earnings and xp do not make this appealing to play.There needs to be a better incentive to play,better rewards to make it worth it rather than try to get me to buy a tank and spend money and then have to equip it  etc.I have played ws to get the achievement and that's about it ,to be honest.It would be better to get a week of premium,500,000 silver,or an equivalent to make it worth my time

Pontiac Pat #68 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 25750 battles
  • [47R]
All in all, I really enjoyed playing Kennedy's War.  The story was good.  The maps were beautiful.  The game-play was difficult enough to need a second try to take full advantage of my team so I didn't run out of ammo.  IMO, this is the most enjoyable of the 4 stories, as a story.  Brothers in Armor is the one to play for grinding silver, so it'll get the most replay, but Kennedy is nicely done.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

MPC 2117 #69 Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17936 battles
  • [KMD]

All these people complaining about ammo limits, and here I am breezing through all three chapters without even thinking about picking up an ammo crate...

Must be something wrong with me because I had a blast rampaging around in my pseudo-bulldog blasting apart the red commies with munitions to spare.

WE​ NEED MORE STUGS IN World of WhatisBalance...

CodenameGunther #70 Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22419 battles
  • [-P-]

View PostElCrazyMexDeuce, on 17 October 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

Ok, I guess I may be the only one experiencing this, but I have two issues that have been ongoing through two chapters before shutting it down.

1. After each battle, the tank never appears in the garage so I cant do anything about  upgrades nor changing ammo if I wanted to.

2. I also cannot access the commander in order to upgrade to a skill.

I was able to do both these things in all previous War Stories chapters. Has anyone else experienced this?

Go back to multiplayer and turn off your filters. Worked for me. 

Guide to not sucking at killing bots: https://www.youtube....?v=IHC13hhrBvM 

Professional Thread Killer

CodenameGunther #71 Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 22419 battles
  • [-P-]
The extra incentive being no ammo pickups in a tank with roughly 6500 damage potential with every shot fired is a bad idea when you get bots that can't shoot straight as teammates 

Guide to not sucking at killing bots: https://www.youtube....?v=IHC13hhrBvM 

Professional Thread Killer

InigoMontoya447 #72 Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:49 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38945 battles
Can we please have the war stories maps included in the multiplayer rotation?  

anglosaxon_33 #73 Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11880 battles
  • [CPTSG]

+1 Good story.

+1 Great maps.

+1 Headlights!!  (Would love to see that implemented out side of WS.)

+1 A gripping in-game mission.

+1 Another lovely crew trainer for WS.

Thanks for the 4 chapters, WG!

-1 Overall earnings on first throughplay. I could see this being off-putting to newer players, and our more delicate older veterans.

Tanks with 3 MOE's: T37, M6, T67.

jkblackhawk #74 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 59925 battles

View Postsumo1234, on 18 October 2017 - 04:51 AM, said:

Played it thru and got my tank offer,and I agree that the silver earnings and xp do not make this appealing to play.There needs to be a better incentive to play,better rewards to make it worth it rather than try to get me to buy a tank and spend money and then have to equip it  etc.I have played ws to get the achievement and that's about it ,to be honest.It would be better to get a week of premium,500,000 silver,or an equivalent to make it worth my time

I agree one possible thing they could do besides bump up earnings is we could receive those tanks free in our garage not that they are all terribly good but maybe worth upgrading and equipping then so send each war story tank to my garage please.

panthermark #75 Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13265 battles

I only played the first two chapters as I want to wait until the new op starts before I get the premium time with the Sherman bundle. 

Two words....

Fun...

Easy...

Yes, the silver sucks...but it was pretty easy.  I did the first map without adding anything to the tank...not even premium ammo.  Cake.

For the second map I added small consumables since I have them stacked up (first aid, repair, gas) and 10 rounds of premium.  I think I might have only gotten hit once on the second map.  Again...easily completed first time through.  Both primary and secondary objectives. The only bad part was that I forgot to turn off my premium rounds when shooting arty and wasted silver. I think I used 7 out of my 10, but two were wasted on arty. 

Yes, the silver sucks (try it without premium time!) , but for those complaining about cost, there is one key item that was HUGE.  You get +20,000 FREE EXP.  Now, you can WASTE it by upgrading the tank, or run the tank stock and use it for something your grinding.   I didn't bother to upgrade the tank because it seemed easy.   

BTW, my two highest tier scout tanks I own are a Chaffee and a Snakebite...and the biggest chunk of my games played are in the Chaffee.....so a bone stock Bulldog was a TREAT.  I've never had a scout tank with a gun that powerful.   

I think some of ya'll need to get out from behind the armor and derps of the heavies, and try being in tanks where you have to move quickly all the time and avoid being hit at all costs because you can't trade punches.  With free health pick-ups....this was cake. 

Edited by panthermark, 18 October 2017 - 01:38 PM.

3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)

FMG SARGE #76 Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12268 battles

Overall the , War Stories were an interesting diversion, with the following observations:

1. Like most, I think the rewards are a bit too low, lowering incentive to play them over again.

2. The AI has definitely improved with this last story. I didn't feel like I had to carry with this last story. The bots could almost win it by themselves.

3. My other criticism, as a history buff, is the tanks used in all the War Stories often don't correspond to the time periods. Using and fighting appropriate tanks would have made it more interesting for me. And the story narration is so over-the-top and corny it makes me cringe.

4. Would like to see more War Stories in the future, but come up with some campaigns where you can play nationalities other than US and British. Soviets versus Japanese in Mongolia or Manchuria in the 1930's? Chinese versus Soviets in postwar border clashes? French versus the Germans in 1940?

Jope2209 #77 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34591 battles

View Postpanthermark, on 18 October 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

I only played the first two chapters as I want to wait until the new op starts before I get the premium time with the Sherman bundle. 

Two words....

Fun...

Easy...

Yes, the silver sucks...but it was pretty easy.  I did the first map without adding anything to the tank...not even premium ammo.  Cake.

For the second map I added small consumables since I have them stacked up (first aid, repair, gas) and 10 rounds of premium.  I think I might have only gotten hit once on the second map.  Again...easily completed first time through.  Both primary and secondary objectives. The only bad part was that I forgot to turn off my premium rounds when shooting arty and wasted silver. I think I used 7 out of my 10, but two were wasted on arty. 

Yes, the silver sucks (try it without premium time!) , but for those complaining about cost, there is one key item that was HUGE.  You get +20,000 FREE EXP.  Now, you can WASTE it by upgrading the tank, or run the tank stock and use it for something your grinding.   I didn't bother to upgrade the tank because it seemed easy.   

BTW, my two highest tier scout tanks I own are a Chaffee and a Snakebite...and the biggest chunk of my games played are in the Chaffee.....so a bone stock Bulldog was a TREAT.  I've never had a scout tank with a gun that powerful.   

I think some of ya'll need to get out from behind the armor and derps of the heavies, and try being in tanks where you have to move quickly all the time and avoid being hit at all costs because you can't trade punches.  With free health pick-ups....this was cake. 

You do? For this new op Kennedy's War? Or ou mean 20k free xp that were there in the start when WS was introduced?

Haven't played it yet, but if 20k is a prize for finishing the op, I will roll out asap!

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

aGundamDownHere #78 Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

View PostJope2209, on 18 October 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

You do? For this new op Kennedy's War? Or ou mean 20k free xp that were there in the start when WS was introduced?

Haven't played it yet, but if 20k is a prize for finishing the op, I will roll out asap!

There's a series of one-time rewards you get for playing WS. None of them are tied to a specific mission or campaign, though. I think it's just "play x number of missions to get this reward." The prizes ranged from free camo/emblem vouchers to silver to free XP. But as I understand from WG's explanation, they're not ops in the typical sense, and you could theoretically just play the first mission of the first campaign over and over again until you got all the covert-op rewards. Off the top of my head, I know you get vouchers for two flag emblems, two kinds of camo, something like 200,000 silver, and 28,000 free XP. But it's not tied to the Kennedy's War campaign, nor any other campaign for that matter. Most people just happened to get those rewards in the first couple of campaigns because those were the first ones they played through.

Be verbose - you have a vocabulary for a reason.

Good with words; bad with tanks. At least I can talk you to death.

Required Reading: https://leadershipfr...-like-a-leader/

Jope2209 #79 Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34591 battles

View PostaGundamDownHere, on 18 October 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

There's a series of one-time rewards you get for playing WS. None of them are tied to a specific mission or campaign, though. I think it's just "play x number of missions to get this reward." The prizes ranged from free camo/emblem vouchers to silver to free XP. But as I understand from WG's explanation, they're not ops in the typical sense, and you could theoretically just play the first mission of the first campaign over and over again until you got all the covert-op rewards. Off the top of my head, I know you get vouchers for two flag emblems, two kinds of camo, something like 200,000 silver, and 28,000 free XP. But it's not tied to the Kennedy's War campaign, nor any other campaign for that matter. Most people just happened to get those rewards in the first couple of campaigns because those were the first ones they played through.

I've played those first 3 ops and received that free xp, some silver, perma camo and US and Russian flag, some amblems too (I think)...to me it looked like there is some new set of rewards because Bulldog was mentioned in that post and Bulldog is in Kennedy's War..

The 13. (Tiger) Kompanie, of Panzer Regiment Großdeutschland, reported on the performance of the 88 mm KwK 36 L/56, when their Tigers engaged the T-34: "First round hits were usually achieved at ranges between 800 to 1,000 meters. At these ranges, the Panzer Granate (they are referring to the PzGr. 39 APCBC ammunition) absolutely penetrated through the frontal armor, and usually still destroyed the engine at the rear of the T-34 tank. In 80 percent of the cases, shots from the same range hitting the side of the hull toward the rear of the tank resulted in the fuel tanks exploding. Even at ranges of 1,500 meters and longer, during favorable weather, it is possible to succeed in penetrating the T-34 with minimal expenditure of ammunition" (JENTZ, Thomas L.; Germany's TIGER Tanks - Tiger I and II: Combat Tactics; op. cit.).

3 MoE tanks: T-34, Pz IVH, Tiger I, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, M7, T-50

New updated poll - please take a minute and cast your votes for the least preferred map in rotation (2019)

aGundamDownHere #80 Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16524 battles

View PostJope2209, on 18 October 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

I've played those first 3 ops and received that free xp, some silver, perma camo and US and Russian flag, some amblems too (I think)...to me it looked like there is some new set of rewards because Bulldog was mentioned in that post and Bulldog is in Kennedy's War..

I mean, there's the discounted tank at the end, but I don't think there's anything more. I played through the base campaign of KW and didn't get anything special, aside from the discount. Same with Sea Lion. No special rewards other than a really good discount on the Snakebite.

Speaking of discounts, I put off buying the reward package for KW until today, but the timer elapsed before I could do it and now I'm out one discounted premium. My own fault, though. I was too absorbed in playing a different game and it just slipped my mind.

Be verbose - you have a vocabulary for a reason.

Good with words; bad with tanks. At least I can talk you to death.

Required Reading: https://leadershipfr...-like-a-leader/

Also tagged with kennedys, war, war stories

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users