E75 Weakspot Weak spot Tank German Bumps Turret Armor spaced armor Angle

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

chiefWIGAM7 #1 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6354 battles

Hello Commanders,

After searching all over and on multiple threads, I found I need to come here to get the real answer. Sooooo the E75 is a beast we all know. But when it comes to weakspots the likes of WOT GURU and others show different weakspots and I have seen tons of confusion about what are and are not weakspots on this tank.  I have two main questions:

1. There are bumps (don't know what else to call them) extruding from the top of the turret on each side when looking head on. GURU does not show this as a weakspot and I still don't know what to call them as to my knowledge I do not see them being talked about. I feel like people are getting the other turret weakspot confused, the two indentations at the BOTTOM of the turret which are hard to hit but weakspots. So "are these bumps AT THE TOP OF THE TURRET weakspots?"  - If so what are they called, how difficult to penn and when to use them. On tanks.gg is shows 100% chance of penn.

​2. When the E75 Angles what the heck do you throw at it. Is that spaced armor? Will HE or ACPR do the trick? I get confused as some German tanks have skirts others don't (ahh). I cannot seem to penn an e75 that is angled at all. Even from the side, if he is just slightly angled, I bounce. So ​​Where do I aim (pretty sure hull and not turret) when he is sideways but angled? What ammo is best? Does he have spaced armor that will block HE?  

Thank you for your advice and help in advance. This E75 is the only tank that just has me stumped. Tank on

P.S. - I cannot penn the lower glacis and already know about the copula weakspot.

JesterUSMC #2 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12730 battles
  • [BNKR]
Turret cheeks with premium rounds.

Semper Fi

Check out The Bunker : http://thebunker.freeforums.net/

Super Unicum Elitist Retired from WoTC - 10/27/2013 to 10/27/2017

Brick S0lid #3 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14262 battles
Those are range finder's I believe. Don't bother trying to exploit them as a weakspot as they are so tiny that even if you can pen then you will probably not hit them. Lower plate and commanders hatch or flank the E75. Those are your options.

Artillery punishes flankers, not campers.

3700+Wn8. 100 tanks with 3 MoE including 29 tier X's on my main account.

Gadoguz94 #4 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21765 battles
  • [A666]

View PostchiefWIGAM7, on 18 October 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

Hello Commanders,

After searching all over and on multiple threads, I found I need to come here to get the real answer. Sooooo the E75 is a beast we all know. But when it comes to weakspots the likes of WOT GURU and others show different weakspots and I have seen tons of confusion about what are and are not weakspots on this tank.  I have two main questions:

1. There are bumps (don't know what else to call them) extruding from the top of the turret on each side when looking head on. GURU does not show this as a weakspot and I still don't know what to call them as to my knowledge I do not see them being talked about. I feel like people are getting the other turret weakspot confused, the two indentations at the BOTTOM of the turret which are hard to hit but weakspots. So "are these bumps AT THE TOP OF THE TURRET weakspots?"  - If so what are they called, how difficult to penn and when to use them. On tanks.gg is shows 100% chance of penn.

​2. When the E75 Angles what the heck do you throw at it. Is that spaced armor? Will HE or ACPR do the trick? I get confused as some German tanks have skirts others don't (ahh). I cannot seem to penn an e75 that is angled at all. Even from the side, if he is just slightly angled, I bounce. So ​​Where do I aim (pretty sure hull and not turret) when he is sideways but angled? What ammo is best? Does he have spaced armor that will block HE?  

Thank you for your advice and help in advance. This E75 is the only tank that just has me stumped. Tank on

P.S. - I cannot penn the lower glacis and already know about the copula weakspot.

Cupola is risky but pennable by most tanks, aim for the part that connects it to the turret roof, not the top of the cupola itself. Turret roof is pretty [edited]so if you're above it go for it. Other than that lower plate and turret face are your best bets, lower plate is trollish just like most high tier german heavies so beware, and the turret face is a small target. I don't think the side is spaced armor, it's just unusually well armored for german heavies after getting used to shitting all over them in the lower tiers. 

Mobius Y #5 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15000 battles

View PostJesterUSMC, on 18 October 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Pretty much this.  The plate around the gun mantlet is very flat, most HEAT will go through.

Watch me stream games live > TwitchTwitter < Follow me for news and updates

I try to stream games every Friday evening at 9:00PM EST

I’m still around just not posting very much, send me a PM if you wish to communicate.

JesterUSMC #6 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12730 battles
  • [BNKR]

Most tier 8 tank's premium rounds have a good chance of penning the turret cheeks.

Same tier and higher will go through easily, obviously.

Semper Fi

Gadoguz94 #7 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21765 battles
  • [A666]

View PostMobius Y, on 18 October 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Pretty much this.  The plate around the gun mantlet is very flat, most HEAT will go through.

Even my is-4's standard rounds sometimes go through, that's  258 average pen If I remember correctly

Big Yeash #8 Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21675 battles
  • [BNKR]

The bumps at the top of the turret are rangefinders. They do not deal any damage when struck, but will blind the vision ports if a successful "penetration", I believe.

The turret face is 252mm flat plate, but well protected by the gun mantlet cone. If you have a 250mm+ pen gun, the cupola is a very small but fairly reliable weakpoint.

If its lower hull plate is showing at all, unless at extreme angles, is soft to any ~250mm+ pen gun. The E-75 does have "skirts" of sorts, but they're not extensive. The hull side (above tracks) is 120mm thick and left side has ammo racks almost all the way down the length from front to turret basket.

Turret sides are also quite soft, probably 120mm again. Turret has a poor 30-degree protection arc, so can be penetrated easily on a slight side angle, much like M103 or Conqueror turrets as at 30 degrees, they're basically flat plates.

3MOE - T29*** - AMX ELC bis***, AMX 13 75***Skoda T24*** - Fave 2MOE;

Pershing**, T32**, M103**, T25/2** - Centurion 7/1**, Excelsior**, Conqueror** - Champion**, E-75**, Ferdinand**, WT auf Pz.IV** - AMX 13 90** - MT-25**, T-44**, T-54**, Fatherland**, T-10**, ISU-152** - Skoda T25**

GodOfTheCattle #9 Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20030 battles
  • [-WD-]
They are weak spots last time I checked. My friend penned it with a Sherman.

chiefWIGAM7 #10 Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6354 battles

View PostJesterUSMC, on 18 October 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Most tier 8 tank's premium rounds have a good chance of penning the turret cheeks.

Same tier and higher will go through easily, obviously.

interesting. I always aimed for right beside the manlet. Didn't know the cheeks were a valid weak spot. Though they were auto-bounch

chiefWIGAM7 #11 Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6354 battles

View PostGodOfTheCattle, on 18 October 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

They are weak spots last time I checked. My friend penned it with a Sherman.

​Yeah so this is part of the confusion I have. I watch a youtube video called "how to penetrate e75" -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JVI5P6gats (by a Russian guy I think, they just show you where to hit with nobody talking- hope my hyperlink worked). But the thing is I am not sure how old the video is. Stuff changes all the time. And it looks like he is playing on PC. They show as valid pennatratable weakspots here that do damage. But nowhere else almost do I see them talked about. Now I know they are the "range finders" - Thanks for that. Also it shows the cheeks are auto bounce but the manlet or right next to it is valid. Different for Xbox or changes maybe?

chiefWIGAM7 #12 Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6354 battles

View PostJesterUSMC, on 18 October 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

​Maybe I misunderstand the term cheeks? Or on PC it is autobounce? Again on the video, he cannot penn the cheeks but can penn right next to the gun. Is it terminology that I am messing up? I always thought of the cheeks as the round part of the turret that is normally autobounce on many tanks. At least this video shows them as auto bounce. Please tell me if my video did not load. first time I hyperlinked on here.

JaRIS42 #13 Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33484 battles

View PostchiefWIGAM7, on 18 October 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

So "are these bumps AT THE TOP OF THE TURRET weakspots?"  - If so what are they called, how difficult to penn and when to use them. On tanks.gg is shows 100% chance of penn.

They are 80mm spaced armour covering zero armour holes in the main turret armour. The shell has to pen the bulge then make it through that hole to do damage, which is a tricky shot from the front. 

HE might work for this I've not tried and I'm not sure when this would be the best option.

View PostBig Yeash, on 18 October 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

The bumps at the top of the turret are rangefinders. They do not deal any damage when struck, but will blind the vision ports if a successful "penetration", I believe.

From what I have seen on the Armour Inspector app and from the in game inspector they do not count as optics in game.

Go to "modules" in the in game inspector and look at "crew", this show the location of the optic modules.

FledBasher #14 Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 19001 battles
  • [HACKS]
Not sure if I missed it but what tank and what gun are you using?

Clan Hacks!!! Because... reasons

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

JesterUSMC #15 Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12730 battles
  • [BNKR]

Sorry, I'm using 'cheeks' to reference the flat armor around the gun on the front face of the turret.  I guess 'turret face' would've been more accurate.

Not the sloping sides of the turret.

My bad.

Semper Fi

chiefWIGAM7 #16 Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6354 battles

View PostFledBasher, on 19 October 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

Not sure if I missed it but what tank and what gun are you using?

​Well lots of them. Currently I have some tanks that have no problem with the E75 like my conquer, STI, T10 ect. But when I play my mutant (to grind out some coin) it only has 198 Penn. Great armor but bad penn. So that makes the only reasonable targets the copula and the range finder right?  

chiefWIGAM7 #17 Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6354 battles

View PostJesterUSMC, on 19 October 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

Sorry, I'm using 'cheeks' to reference the flat armor around the gun on the front face of the turret.  I guess 'turret face' would've been more accurate.

Not the sloping sides of the turret.

My bad.

​No prob. Thanks for clearing that up. That was some of my confusion, ppl using them interchangeably.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users