Please buff the E100 sponsons and engine deck

power creep E100 sponsons Spall liner? super heavy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Luigi Evahard #1 Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23717 battles
Can we please get a buff to the E100 sponsons and maybe the engine deck. my reasoning for this is if arty lands next to an E100 it essentialy takes the hit like a light tank (the sponsons are 30mm) as HE will always hit the thinnest armour with splash damage. the same happens if u hit the turret or gun as the deck is only 40mm(90mm HE does over 100 dmg to the turret face). no other top tier super heavy has this problem. all it needs is 60mm top and bottom. as a side note u can overmatch a sidescraping E100 with a 100mm if he leans back at all. forgot to say there is no point to a spall liner as 50% to armour thickness is still only 45mm

DecoNoir #2 Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37380 battles

Sponsons? I don't think that means what you think it means...

This is a sponson

And this is a sponson

E-100 has nothing of the sort. In fact most of your post is pretty nonsensical, as the E-100 has no more a problem with HE or arty than any other tank, heavy or otherwise, already has to deal with.

Edited by DecoNoir, 24 October 2017 - 09:38 PM.

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

Luigi Evahard #3 Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23717 battles

i may not be 100% correct in using the word sponson but i definately know what they are, im refering to the part of the hull that overhangs the tracks. the pilchard boat i worked on sure as [edited]didnt have guns on it, but it definately had sponsons. since tankers mostly use boat termonology im calling them sponsons. my point is the E100 takes he like a light tank, dont believe me? then try it. 

out of curiosity how long did it take u to find them pics cos its not the first thing that comes up when you type sponson in google. 

Edited by Luigi Evahard, 25 October 2017 - 03:59 PM.

DecoNoir #4 Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37380 battles

View PostLuigi Evahard, on 25 October 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

i may not be 100% correct in using the word sponson but i definately know what they are, im refering to the part of the hull that overhangs the tracks. the pilchard boat i worked on sure as [edited]didnt have guns on it, but it definately had sponsons. since tankers mostly use boat termonology im calling them sponsons. my point is the E100 takes he like a light tank, dont believe me? then try it. 

out of curiosity how long did it take u to find them pics cos its not the first thing that comes up when you type sponson in google. 

Those are side skirts. And no it doesn't, played my E-100 long enough and well enough.

And Google, "tank sponson" next time. When referring to sponsons when related to combat vehicles (this includes warships as well) sponsons usually refers to some sort of mounting points for weapons. Sometimes they're storage related, but more often than not they're weapon points. 

Even going off the definition for civilian craft, the E-100 doesn't have sponsons, just mounted spaced armor skirts  that can be detached. As you can see on the actual E-100 hull:

Contributor and General Handyman for Status Report. Like our work? Chat with us on the Status Report Discord

Luigi Evahard #5 Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23717 battles

View PostDecoNoir, on 25 October 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Those are side skirts. And no it doesn't, played my E-100 long enough and well enough.

And Google, "tank sponson" next time. When referring to sponsons when related to combat vehicles (this includes warships as well) sponsons usually refers to some sort of mounting points for weapons. Sometimes they're storage related, but more often than not they're weapon points. 

Even going off the definition for civilian craft, the E-100 doesn't have sponsons, just mounted spaced armor skirts  that can be detached. As you can see on the actual E-100 hull:

everything i can find suggests they are sponsons, its a part of the hull that overhangs the side and is for storage. either way its to thin when u compare it to the Maus or type 5. play arty and u will see straight away how weak the E100/Jageroo are compared to alot of other tanks. u gotta admit that them being thinner than the E75 sponsons isnt a good thing. im not asking for 250mm like they done to the Maus on pc. just a little more so it doesnt take exactly the same damage as the t71

DecoNoir #6 Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37380 battles

View PostLuigi Evahard, on 25 October 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

everything i can find suggests they are sponsons, its a part of the hull that overhangs the side and is for storage. either way its to thin when u compare it to the Maus or type 5. play arty and u will see straight away how weak the E100/Jageroo are compared to alot of other tanks. u gotta admit that them being thinner than the E75 sponsons isnt a good thing. im not asking for 250mm like they done to the Maus on pc. just a little more so it doesnt take exactly the same damage as the t71

The skirts that hand over the track are spaced armor, not the actual hull (again, look the pics I actually post), and those cause any shell that strikes them to lose penetration as they move to the actual hull armor. Seriously, I'm growing more and more convinced you have no actual clue what you're talking about. Record what you're talking about, or stop wasting peoples time.

And duh, HE is going to do more damage when dealing with roof or engine deck armor. Every tank in the game deals with it and that's just a given when it comes to tanks.

Edited by DecoNoir, 25 October 2017 - 05:19 PM.

Luigi Evahard #7 Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23717 battles

View PostDecoNoir, on 25 October 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

The skirts that hand over the track are spaced armor, not the actual hull (again, look the pics I actually post), and those cause any shell that strikes them to lose penetration as they move to the actual hull armor. Seriously, I'm growing more and more convinced you have no actual clue what you're talking about. Record what you're talking about, or stop wasting peoples time.

And duh, HE is going to do more damage when dealing with roof or engine deck armor. Every tank in the game deals with it and that's just a given when it comes to tanks.

​lol if u pull ur head out and look at the tank there is clearly part of the hull that hangs over the tracks. u know, where the ammo rack sits in nearly every german tank in the game! that is 30mm on the bottom. im not talking about the 60mm of spaced armor that doesnt effect HE and is irrelevant. i can show u if your on xbox?

yes obvously the roof and deck take more dmg in any tank but thats when arty hits u. im talking about when it lands next to you and splashes that 30mm plate for 800+ dmg

ill be sure to record the next time i do it

Edited by Luigi Evahard, 25 October 2017 - 05:35 PM.

DecoNoir #8 Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37380 battles

View PostLuigi Evahard, on 25 October 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

​lol if u pull ur head out and look at the tank there is clearly part of the hull that hangs over the tracks. u know, where the ammo rack sits in nearly every german tank in the game! that is 30mm on the bottom. im not talking about the 60mm of spaced armor that doesnt effect HE and is irrelevant. i can show u if your on xbox?

yes obvously the roof and deck take more dmg in any tank but thats when arty hits u. im talking about when it lands next to you and splashes that 30mm plate for 800+ dmg

Those overhangs aren't part of the bloody hull you prat, that's what I'm saying, they are armored skirts. The actual hull only comes about half way over the tracks. Mother of god....

xV Warden Vx-x #9 Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12576 battles
  • [KMD]

Buff the E100?

Hold on a sec.......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WG: "Bricks working as intended. Check your ISP."

Luigi Evahard #10 Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23717 battles

View PostDecoNoir, on 25 October 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Those overhangs aren't part of the bloody hull you prat, that's what I'm saying, they are armored skirts. The actual hull only comes about half way over the tracks. Mother of god....

​lol does that fact stop them from taking dmg? or are u just wasting everyones time

Shadow Akula 96-x #11 Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14326 battles

View PostLuigi Evahard, on 25 October 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

​lol does that fact stop them from taking dmg? or are u just wasting everyones time

Pot-Kettle mate, your arguing about what is and what isn't a bloody sponson! 

Pssst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis

YouTube channel: Shadow Akula 96

2nd YouTube channel coming soon: Shadow Drifters

My solo YT will cover various games maybe even some WoT

My other YT, a joint channel with a friend will mostly cover GTA stuff with a few other games here and there.

Luigi Evahard #12 Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23717 battles

View PostDecoNoir, on 24 October 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

Sponsons? I don't think that means what you think it means...

This is a sponson

And this is a sponson

E-100 has nothing of the sort. In fact most of your post is pretty nonsensical, as the E-100 has no more a problem with HE or arty than any other tank, heavy or otherwise, already has to deal with.

View PostShadow Akula 96, on 25 October 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Pot-Kettle mate, your arguing about what is and what isn't a bloody sponson! 

no thats what this guy is here doing. i know they are sponsons and they are weak. ​ 

Shadow Akula 96-x #13 Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14326 battles

View PostLuigi Evahard, on 25 October 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

no thats what this guy is here doing. i know they are sponsons and they are weak. ​ 

No you are arguing it, you are continuing to respond to deco with "I know what sponsons are, they're part of the hull, get your head out" instead of just replying with "ok but I still think these parts could use a buff, would you agree?" 

Takes 2 for an argument. Drop the stupid argument and get back to your point before a mod locks the thread

Pssst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis

YouTube channel: Shadow Akula 96

2nd YouTube channel coming soon: Shadow Drifters

My solo YT will cover various games maybe even some WoT

My other YT, a joint channel with a friend will mostly cover GTA stuff with a few other games here and there.

Luigi Evahard #14 Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23717 battles

View PostShadow Akula 96, on 25 October 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

No you are arguing it, you are continuing to respond to deco with "I know what sponsons are, they're part of the hull, get your head out" instead of just replying with "ok but I still think these parts could use a buff, would you agree?" 

Takes 2 for an argument. Drop the stupid argument and get back to your point before a mod locks the thread

​Ok ill wear that. but i did have point in each post or was at least trying to help others understand what i mean. 

Now does anyone else think the E100 should have thicker armour under the sponsons, after all they are weaker than the E75 sponsons

greyweasel UK-x #15 Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 18638 battles

Think he means the area under the sponson, disregarding the skirts.

A sponson's usually a place for storage or gun mounts jutting out from the sides over the tracks. Or in the E-100's case, space for the huge turret ring.

Luigi Evahard #16 Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23717 battles

yes exactly. from this angle its pretty obvious it does need changing half of the belly is thicker but makes no difference because of the sponsons.

maybe buff the front half of the sponson to be the same as the bottom. this would help with splash from the front at least, which i assume is the reason the bottom is like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users