Gold earning ops

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

JollyGecko2 #1 Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:24 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8768 battles
  • [36PZR]
There need to be ops for people to be able to earn gold to use. I can't buy any gold because I'm on permanent medical leave and can't work at all. I have been sick for 3+ years and have no way to buy gold to use in the game. Hell, I had to move back in with my parents and I'm almost 41 years old. And to the skeptics, I can barely walk and more than ten dizzy spells everyday. So I can't do any job or drive to them. I don't play enough to join a clan and would like to be able to earn 10-20 gold a month at least, so I can make any changes I need to. Or maybe save up to buy a premium tank that I might like. Also, I already did all the training and got all the gold those provide. No other way for me to get gold without some kind of op. Also if said op is made, don't make it tier X op. I have been playing for over a year and still don't have a single tier X tank. Closet I have is my E-75, but I still need 73,000+ to be able to research the E-100 and I'm not even close to having the silver to buy it.

Coupdeteat #2 Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:52 AM

Staff sergeant

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 20870 battles
  • [HIRAM]
My condolences on your situation. That's rough bro. That being said...there will never be gold earning ops. Sorry to tell ya. 

Coupdeteat #3 Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

Staff sergeant

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 20870 battles
  • [HIRAM]
I mean maybe one day unicef will get into the video game market...but that day is not today.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #4 Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:02 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 19222 battles
Problem is getting through MS which won't let it happen and they did a couple of gold ops a year back when they started off with earning free tanks which got harder. I can suggest using reward sites like MS which at times have good discounts on the Xbox and MS gift cards. I get a 5 dollar card for 3500 which is 3.50 and 10 for 7 bucks. Check your xbox messages cause they just gave away a 5 dollar code. Also, other reward sites to use are swagbucks. I can make enough to get a 25.00 xbox gift card which is on a discount for 22.00 on a one time a month redemption

Aelgyn #5 Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:22 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12150 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 07 November 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

Problem is getting through MS which won't let it happen

I'll call [edited]on this one. WG can give you gold for free any time they want, they don't need permission from Microsoft or Sony. And in this case, you don't even need Gold - Silver or Premium time would work well enough.

View PostJollyGecko2, on 07 November 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

I [...] would like to be able to earn 10-20 gold a month at least, so I can make any changes I need to. Or maybe save up to buy a premium tank that I might like.

With 20 gold a month, you would need 60+ years to acquire a 15,000 gold tank. But you can play for less than a month and get such a tank offered as prize. What more can you ask for? Just wait for the next Fatherland/Gorynych mission and you'll get 60 years worth of handovers in one month.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #6 Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:38 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 19222 battles

View PostAelgyn, on 07 November 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

I'll call [edited]on this one. WG can give you gold for free any time they want, they don't need permission from Microsoft or Sony. And in this case, you don't even need Gold - Silver or Premium time would work well enough.

With 20 gold a month, you would need 60+ years to acquire a 15,000 gold tank. But you can play for less than a month and get such a tank offered as prize. What more can you ask for? Just wait for the next Fatherland/Gorynych mission and you'll get 60 years worth of handovers in one month.

WG has no say in the manner cause you have to purchase gold through MS and giving away free gold would mean a one and done deal since they gave away about 3000 if I remember correctly in the motherland, cdc, and hammer event combined together which calculated with a big player base is a big loss on the revenue. Also you need gold to buy premium time to garner up that extra silver and xp earning. Oh and the fatherland ain't ever going to be given away free again. The KV5 perhaps next Halloween but that is that and to be honest, it's time to stop with the free tank giveaways.

Aelgyn #7 Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:05 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12150 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 07 November 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

WG has no say in the manner cause you have to purchase gold through MS

Just because gold is only offered through sales right now, doesn't mean it couldn't be offered otherwise. But if you have evidence to the contrary, please provide your sources.

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 07 November 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

Also you need gold to buy premium time to garner up that extra silver and xp earning.

You can get Premium time without buying it - you can earn it in Ops and it could even be given to you. I got Premium time in compensation for some issues for which I opened support tickets. If WG would want to give Premium time to JollyGecko2, they could do it - they don't need the console manufacturer's blessing for that. 

Edited by Aelgyn, 08 November 2017 - 03:05 AM.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #8 Posted 08 November 2017 - 03:20 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 19222 battles

View PostAelgyn, on 07 November 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Just because gold is only offered through sales right now, doesn't mean it couldn't be offered otherwise. But if you have evidence to the contrary, please provide your sources.

You can get Premium time without buying it - you can earn it in Ops and it could even be given to you. I got Premium time in compensation for some issues for which I opened support tickets. If WG would want to give Premium time to JollyGecko2, they could do it - they don't need the console manufacturer's blessing for that.

You can't just give away premium time just like that for his reason. It doesn't work like that. Again, WG can't just give away free gold a lot. In short amounts they could but anything big would have to go through MS and they will turn it away. I have said before that there are rewards sites that you can use. I use MS rewards since it is really cheap and quite easy to get some Xbox/MS gift cards with random discounts they do and swagbucks is one of my preferred ones cause with a lot of his free time, you can make enough to get at least 50 bucks to put into his account. WG ain't just going to cough up gold for some personal issue.

Aelgyn #9 Posted 08 November 2017 - 06:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 12150 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 07 November 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

Again, WG can't just give away free gold a lot. In short amounts they could but anything big would have to go through MS and they will turn it away.

​Again, any justification for this speculation or do you guys think that just repeating statements makes them come true?

The reason WG doesn't give away Gold is because Gold would allow you to spend less time in the game and that's not in their interest. Premium Time is fine because you'll have to be playing the game to benefit from it. Earnable tanks are fine for the same reason. You get stuff that encourages you to keep playing.

How exactly do you guys imagine that Sony or Microsoft would keep watch on what WG gives away in-game to be able to enforce any kind of "don't give gold away for free" policy? Think a bit about it.

JollyGecko2 #10 Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Private

• Players
  • 8768 battles
  • [36PZR]
The main reason is I would like to be able to make perk changes if I need to. Maybe a tank after a long time. When it come to buying time or gold, I have no income at all. I can't work, so no money. That is my reason for asking the question about gold earning ops.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #11 Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:27 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 19222 battles

View PostAelgyn, on 08 November 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

​Again, any justification for this speculation or do you guys think that just repeating statements makes them come true?

The reason WG doesn't give away Gold is because Gold would allow you to spend less time in the game and that's not in their interest. Premium Time is fine because you'll have to be playing the game to benefit from it. Earnable tanks are fine for the same reason. You get stuff that encourages you to keep playing.

How exactly do you guys imagine that Sony or Microsoft would keep watch on what WG gives away in-game to be able to enforce any kind of "don't give gold away for free" policy? Think a bit about it.

Either you are dull or your head is way far up your [edited]. WG can not give away free gold for any specified reason such as personal problems. Premium time is fine as is through ops but gold won't unless it was a very small amount once or twice or year. MS charges for the gold purchasing.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #12 Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:29 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 19222 battles

View PostJollyGecko2, on 08 November 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

The main reason is I would like to be able to make perk changes if I need to. Maybe a tank after a long time. When it come to buying time or gold, I have no income at all. I can't work, so no money. That is my reason for asking the question about gold earning ops.

Last year as your only chance to earn gold through ops in the summer and WG says they won't be doing it anymore.

RUNNINGDUDE1 #13 Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:40 AM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox 360
  • 19222 battles
And again, go use reward sites such as MS rewards and swagbucks. With all that free time you go, you should be able to make enough in points to get 25 to 50 bucks to add to your account

Aelgyn #14 Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 12150 battles

View PostRUNNINGDUDE1, on 08 November 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Either you are dull or your head is way far up your [edited]. WG can not give away free gold for any specified reason such as personal problems. 

Do you not remember that you could earn gold from WG by simply completing their tutorials? They obviously can give gold in more scenarios than support.

Try and provide an actual reference for your claim that WG is contractually obligated across two console platforms to not provide gold for anything else than very specific scenarios (tutorials, refunds, etc) - while at the same time being capable to always offer discounts on in-game item prices! And if you cannot, why insist on your speculation? Or perhaps, don't answer - it's become rather obvious at this point.

Ronin Gaidin #15 Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23218 battles

As you are in the US, the Microsoft Rewards program is a great way to go. I know others above have mentioned it, but I wanted to really emphasize just how good this could be for you.

https://account.micr...wards/dashboard

Under regular circumstances, you can get a $5 xbox gift card for 4,650 points. You can earn points by doing web searches on your computer and mobile device, as well as links on the dashboard and other ways. Between mobile and PC web search alone you pull in 250 points per day - which means that gift card is yours in less than 19 days. With a little bit of earning through the other (entirely free) methods, you can easily be pulling down $10 per month to spend online. 

Personally, I use it to get 12-month Xbox Live memberships. They only charge 29,000 points for a $60 item. And sometimes they have deals on the gift cards that knocks the price down to 3,500 points per $5. It's easy and it's free. And it easily addresses your need for 10-20 gold per month to change a couple skills or remove complex equipment while keeping the silver. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users