First Class Tankers; an Op proposal!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

BrogueOne #1 Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13593 battles
  • [ELDER]

Many of us would like to see Personal Missions(like PC has) brought to Console.  They're a good way to keep long time players engaged and they contribute to the competitive spirit of the game.  But Paingod wants to keep the console experience as accessible as possible and doesn't want to give away rewards exclusive to the hardcore, competitive, highly skilled players.  That's not a bad thing, mind you, because it's very egalitarian to make sure that every player has the same opportunities. 

So I'd like to propose an Earn Op that can be completed by most players but has the spirit and challenge of Personal Missions.  What follows from here is being written to mimic what WG might put into a news announcement for such an Op!

FIRST CLASS TANKERS

Get ready for a marathon mission that's guaranteed to push your skills to the limit!  For the next ten weeks you'll get to prove your mastery in all five tank classes.  The Op will run through five stages, each stage running two weeks, and players will choose a different class for each stage.  Each stage carries its own challenges and rewards and completing all five stages will earn you the (insert super awesome tank here) and the First Class Tanker Medal!

*Op stages can be completed in any order**select a stage by selecting it from the Ops page and playing a battle**once you've selected a stage you cannot change your selection**all stages must be completed within 14 days and all five stages must be completed within the 10 weeks the Op is live*

STAGE ONE:  LIGHT ON YOUR FEET(Available to Light tanks Tiers III-VIII)

Deal 30,000 Damage

Assist with 30,000 Damage Due to Spotting Assistance

Kill 25 Enemy Tanks

Kill 10 Enemy Tanks at least one Tier higher than you

Spot 25 Enemies

Kill 5 Enemies from a distance of Less than 100m

Spot 6 or more Enemies in a Single Match

Get 2000 Assistance Damage in a Single Match

Travel 100km

Earn a Scout, Patrol Duty, or Pascucci's Medal

Rewards Upon Completion:  Camouflage Net, Binocular Telescope, Enhanced Suspension, X6 Crew XP Boost Op, "Light Ace" Medal, 50% premium tank discount offer(like from War Stories)

STAGE TWO:  MEDIUMS GET HOT(Available to Medium tanks Tiers III-X)

Deal 50,000 Damage

Assist With 30,000 Damage Due to Spotting and Tracking Assistance

Damage Enemy Crew or Modules 25 Times in any Number of Battles

Spot 25 Enemies

Kill 25 Enemies

Kill 10 Enemies at least One Tier Higher than You

Deal at least 2000 Damage in a Single Match

Earn any of the following medals: Confederate, Top Gun, Sniper, or Pascucci's

Rewards Upon Completion:  Coated Optics, Vertical Stabilizer, Improved Ventilation, X6 Crew XP Boost Op, "Medium Ace" Medal, 50% premium tank discount offer

STAGE THREE:  GETTING HEAVY, MAN(Available to Heavy tanks Tiers III-X)

Deal 70,000 Damage

Deal 20,000 Damage due to Spotting and Tracking Assistance

Block 30,000 Damage

Kill 25 Enemies(in total)

Get 10 Kills from a Distance of less than 100m

Block at least 2500 Damage in a Single Match

Earn any of the following medals: Steel Wall, High Caliber, Top Gun, or Confederate

Rewards Upon Completion:  Gun Rammer, Spall Liner, Wet Ammo Rack, X6 Crew XP Boost Op, "Heavy Ace" Medal, 50% premium tank discount offer

STAGE FOUR:  TANKS, DESTROYING TANKS(Available to Tank Destroyers Tiers III-X)

Deal 80,000 Damage

Deal 20,000 Damage Due to Spotting and Tracking Assistance

Damage Enemy Crew or Modules 25 times

Get 25 Kills(in total)

Get 10 Kills from a Distance of 350m or more

Kill 10 Enemies at least One Tier higher than You

Kill 5 Enemies while Undetected

Deal at least 2500 Damage in a Single Match

Earn a Confederate, Sniper, Top Gun, or High Caliber Medal

Rewards Upon Completion:  Camouflage Net, Binocular Telescope, Gun Rammer, X6 Crew XP Boost Op, 50% premium tank discount offer

STAGE FIVE:  DEATH FROM ABOVE(Available to Artillery Tiers III-X)

Deal 80,000 Damage

Deal 20,000 Damage Due to Tracking Assistance

Damage Enemy Crew or Modules 25 Times

Get 25 Kills(in total)

Kill 5 Enemies with a Single Shot Each

Set Enemies on Fire 5 Times

Kill at least 1 Enemy while in Direct Fire Mode

Earn one of these Awards or Medals:  Bombardier, For Counter Battery Fire, High Caliber, Top Gun, or Confederate

Rewards Upon Completion:  Artillery Shell Rammer, Gun Laying Drive, Spall Liner, X6 Crew XP Boost Op

REWARDS FOR COMPLETING ALL FOUR STAGES:

*PREMIUM TANK X* (I'm thinking Tier VIII Russian Medium here)

100% Crew(or unique crew with unique skill)

Garage Slot

14 Days premium time

(5) X5 XP Boost Ops

(5) X5 Crew XP Boost Ops

(5) Wiggly Bits Customization Vouchers

"First Class Tanker" Medal

BONUS OP!!!

Earn a First Class or Ace Tanker Mastery Badge in any tank of the selected Class for each Stage and earn these extra special rewards:

*exclusive* First Class All Season Camo (this unique all season camo can be applied only once to any one tank, and once only, so choose which tank gets this camo very carefully!)

"First Class Tanker" Emblem

"First Class" Inscription

"First Class" Wiggly Bit Applique

Crew Customization Voucher

NOW GET OUT THERE AND SHOW THEM WHAT FIRST CLASS MEANS!!

What Class will you pick first?  What Class is your best?  Will you be satisfied with earning a cool free tank? Or will you go the extra mile to show off your achievements with those exclusive First Class Upgrades?  Head over to the forums or our social media to learn more... and to brag to your fellow tankers.  Roll Out!

*edit* The Op/Stages can be completed in succession as quickly as someone can as long as they complete them all within 10 weeks.  But the reward tank shouldn’t be available for purchase until the completion of the Op period.

BrogueOne #2 Posted 09 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13593 battles
  • [ELDER]
I'm sure some of the proposed requirements might be too easy.....but it's just a proposal for now.

HybredXero #3 Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20564 battles
  • [BULL]

View PostBrogueOne, on 09 November 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Many of us would like to see Personal Missions(like PC has) brought to Console.  They're a good way to keep long time players engaged and they contribute to the competitive spirit of the game.  But Paingod wants to keep the console experience as accessible as possible and doesn't want to give away rewards exclusive to the hardcore, competitive, highly skilled players.  That's not a bad thing, mind you, because it's very egalitarian to make sure that every player has the same opportunities. 

So I'd like to propose an Earn Op that can be completed by most players but has the spirit and challenge of Personal Missions.  What follows from here is being written to mimic what WG might put into a news announcement for such an Op!

FIRST CLASS TANKERS

Get ready for a marathon mission that's guaranteed to push your skills to the limit!  For the next ten weeks you'll get to prove your mastery in all five tank classes.  The Op will run through five stages, each stage running two weeks, and players will choose a different class for each stage.  Each stage carries its own challenges and rewards and completing all five stages will earn you the (insert super awesome tank here) and the First Class Tanker Medal!

*Op stages can be completed in any order**select a stage by selecting it from the Ops page and playing a battle**once you've selected a stage you cannot change your selection**all stages must be completed within 14 days and all five stages must be completed within the 10 weeks the Op is live*

STAGE ONE:  LIGHT ON YOUR FEET (Available to Light tanks Tiers III-VIII)

Deal 30,000 Damage

Assist with 30,000 Damage Due to Spotting Assistance

Kill 25 Enemy Tanks

Kill 10 Enemy Tanks at least one Tier higher than you

Spot 25 Enemies

Kill 5 Enemies from a distance of Less than 100m

Spot 6 or more Enemies in a Single Match

Get 2000 Assistance Damage in a Single Match

Travel 100km

Earn a Scout, Patrol Duty, or Pascucci's Medal

Rewards Upon Completion:  Camouflage Net, Binocular Telescope, Enhanced Suspension, X6 Crew XP Boost Op, "Light Ace" Medal, 50% premium tank discount offer(like from War Stories)

STAGE TWO:  MEDIUMS GET HOT(Available to Medium tanks Tiers III-X)

Deal 50,000 Damage

Assist With 30,000 Damage Due to Spotting and Tracking Assistance

Damage Enemy Crew or Modules 25 Times in any Number of Battles

Spot 25 Enemies

Kill 25 Enemies

Deal at least 2000 Damage in a Single Match

Earn any of the following medals: Confederate, Top Gun, Sniper, or Pascucci's

Rewards Upon Completion:  Coated Optics, Vertical Stabilizer, Improved Ventilation, X6 Crew XP Boost Op, "Medium Ace" Medal, 50% premium tank discount offer

STAGE THREE:  GETTING HEAVY, MAN(Available to Heavy tanks Tiers III-X)

Deal 70,000 Damage

Deal 20,000 Damage due to Spotting and Tracking Assistance

Block 30,000 Damage

Kill 25 Enemies(in total)

Get 10 Kills from a Distance of less than 100m

Block at least 2500 Damage in a Single Match

Earn any of the following medals: Steel Wall, High Caliber, Top Gun, or Confederate

Rewards Upon Completion:  Gun Rammer, Spall Liner, Wet Ammo Rack, X6 Crew XP Boost Op, "Heavy Ace" Medal, 50% premium tank discount offer

STAGE FOUR:  TANKS, DESTROYING TANKS(Available to Tank Destroyers Tiers III-X)

Deal 80,000 Damage

Deal 20,000 Damage Due to Spotting and Tracking Assistance

Damage Enemy Crew or Modules 25 times

Get 25 Kills(in total)

Get 10 Kills from a Distance of 350m or more

Kill 5 Enemies while Undetected

Earn a Confederate, Sniper, Top Gun, or High Caliber Medal

Rewards Upon Completion:  Camouflage Net, Binocular Telescope, Gun Rammer, X6 Crew XP Boost Op, 50% premium tank discount offer

STAGE FIVE:  DEATH FROM ABOVE(Available to Artillery Tiers III-X)

Deal 80,000 Damage

Deal 20,000 Damage Due to Tracking Assistance

Damage Enemy Crew or Modules 25 Times

Get 25 Kills(in total)

Kill 5 Enemies with a Single Shot Each

Set Enemies on Fire 5 Times

Kill at least 1 Enemy while in Direct Fire Mode

Earn one of these Awards or Medals:  Bombardier, For Counter Battery Fire, High Caliber, Top Gun, or Confederate

Rewards Upon Completion:  Artillery Shell Rammer, Gun Laying Drive, Spall Liner, X6 Crew XP Boost Op

REWARDS FOR COMPLETING ALL FOUR STAGES:

*PREMIUM TANK X* (I'm thinking Tier VIII Russian Medium here)

100% Crew(or unique crew with unique skill)

Garage Slot

14 Days premium time

(5) X5 XP Boost Ops

(5) X5 Crew XP Boost Ops

(5) Wiggly Bits Customization Vouchers

"First Class Tanker" Medal

BONUS OP!!!

Earn a First Class or Ace Tanker Mastery Badge in any tank of the selected Class for each Stage and earn these extra special rewards:

*exclusive* First Class All Season Camo (this unique all season camo can be applied only once to any one tank, and once only, so choose which tank gets this camo very carefully!)

"First Class Tanker" Emblem

"First Class" Inscription

"First Class" Wiggly Bit Applique

Crew Customization Voucher

NOW GET OUT THERE AND SHOW THEM WHAT FIRST CLASS MEANS!!

What Class will you pick first?  What Class is your best?  Will you be satisfied with earning a cool free tank? Or will you go the extra mile to show off your achievements with those exclusive First Class Upgrades?  Head over to the forums or our social media to learn more... and to brag to your fellow tankers.  Roll Out!

bruh, you put a lot of thought into this.  I commend you(:medal:) for the time spent on it, and honestly it's not that bad of an idea.  Heck it's a great idea, but you know WGCB will probably tweak the rewards if they would ever do something like it.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

BrogueOne #4 Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:25 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13593 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostHybredXero, on 10 November 2017 - 01:03 AM, said:

bruh, you put a lot of thought into this.  I commend you(:medal:) for the time spent on it, and honestly it's not that bad of an idea.  Heck it's a great idea, but you know WGCB will probably tweak the rewards if they would ever do something like it.

Thanks. I’ve been turning it over in my mind for a few days now.  The rewards and requirements are open to change....it’s just a proposal after all.  But I like the idea of a long term Op that requires players to earn experience with every class in the game.

Coupdeteat #5 Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:02 AM

Staff sergeant

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 20846 battles
  • [HIRAM]
I’d like to see some tanks only earnable by hard core tankers. But that’s another thing. You really put some thought into this, and it doesn’t sound horrible. I would play for a decent reward. I’d still like to see war stories expand so we done have to keep playing the same missions a hundred times to complete the good ops. 

BrogueOne #6 Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:34 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13593 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostCoupdeteat, on 10 November 2017 - 04:02 AM, said:

I’d like to see some tanks only earnable by hard core tankers. But that’s another thing. You really put some thought into this, and it doesn’t sound horrible. I would play for a decent reward. I’d still like to see war stories expand so we done have to keep playing the same missions a hundred times to complete the good ops. 

I would also like to see rewards for the hardcore.  But maybe with a more seasoned player base we can actually start seeing some.  Most of the Earn Ops have just been too easy

BrogueOne #7 Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:46 AM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13593 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostBrogueOne, on 09 November 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

I'm sure some of the proposed requirements might be too easy.....but it's just a proposal for now.

I would also like to see an Op like this have a Tier VIII or above requirement.

BrogueOne #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13593 battles
  • [ELDER]
Pssst! Hey RaiBOT01! Notice me!

RAD FROOD 25 #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15238 battles
  • [PF201]
This is really rather good, I think the rewards are good, but the Tier 8 Russian Medium Tank as a reward is lol, as long as it's not a stupid Reskin it should be fine

BrogueOne #10 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13593 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostRAD FROOD 25, on 14 November 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

This is really rather good, I think the rewards are good, but the Tier 8 Russian Medium Tank as a reward is lol, as long as it's not a stupid Reskin it should be fine

Everybody likes Soviet Mediums, right?  Just a proposal anyway, lol.

BDaddy Cheno #11 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8440 battles
  • [SPSR]
This sounds like an AWESOME proposal!  Maybe WG would tweak some of these things, but I think this would encourage a lot of newer players to try some different classes, improve their overall play, etc.  Great job on putting this idea out there!  I'd definitely keep this OP on my "active" list!

BrogueOne #12 Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Supertest - PS4
  • 13593 battles
  • [ELDER]

View PostBDaddy Cheno, on 16 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

This sounds like an AWESOME proposal!  Maybe WG would tweak some of these things, but I think this would encourage a lot of newer players to try some different classes, improve their overall play, etc.  Great job on putting this idea out there!  I'd definitely keep this OP on my "active" list!

Thanks!  Since WG made that trophy requiring players to earn a Tier X of every Class, why not have an Op that requires players to use every class!?  I like the idea of an Op that also doesn’t encourage the “race to the top” style of play like with 1-5pts Ops.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users