12k battles and 400 wn8

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

animatethant #21 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:45 AM

Major

• Players
  • 59153 battles

View PostItsBillyBoom, on 13 November 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Never thought of that, can you seriously progress that high through the tiers by AFK'ing?

Not only can you progress ... but you also earn Free Xp too!

test777777 #22 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4514 battles

Hmmmm. 12K games...That's a lot of games for a single person not to become frustrated unless there's other aspects to the gameplay other than the game itself such as social interaction. 0 win8 in multiple tier 9s....how is that even possible to gain 0 win8 in 50+ battles?.

All that said though, my immediate thought is multiple users on the same console, using the same account over extended period of time.

TocFanKe4 #23 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16828 battles
  • [GIRLS]

I played a couple weeks ago with a guy that had 560 WN8, and almost 8k games. I offered to show him some tricks to play better, but he never got back to me.

He thought you had to play tier 8 lights with other tier 8s. 

The "Naitcha Tanka" TocFanKe4

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4 Stream contains language that is inappropes. 

RedNeckTankster #24 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:56 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8058 battles
  • [HQ]
It could be someone who lets their kids play on their account. That’s what I do.

MMCorreia #25 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:24 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9547 battles
  • [KLT]

View PostCatSnipah, on 13 November 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

And this is the same person who will likely blame the game mechanics for their failures. 

The sad part of this, is that it's 100% accurate and true...every single day in this forum...

PortableNuke #26 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10529 battles

There is someone on the forum with more battles and a similar wn8. There can be a multitude of reasons for it though, beyond simply not being good.

I know a guy who was a quadriplegic that used to play COD. He had a small amount of movement in one of his hands and would control the other stick with his face. 

ItsBillyBoom #27 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:22 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5730 battles
  • [FLAPS]
These are all very valid reasons and he does have just shy of 11k cut tree's. It was just more curiosity than anything, I guess sometimes we have to take losses on the chin if it means we are with players who don't perform well at all. I see the term potato used a lot and just wondered if this guy is what you would consider a potato.

Premium Tanks: M56 Scorpion ~ Freedom ~ AMX CDC ~ T14 ~ Churchil III ~ T1E6-X1 ~ Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. D ~ Knight ~ Hammer ~ Type 59 ~ Centennial ~ Champion - Krakken - Hornet - Pz. V/IV ~ Strv m/42-57 ~ Kraft's Panther ~ Lycan

Favourite Tech Tanks: Obj. 430 ll ~ M6 ~ E75 ~ Borsig ~ IS-2 ~ VK 36.01 (H) ~ Tiger ~ A-44 ~ Tiger ll ~ T29 ~ Pz IV H

Assdmg™

bain61 #28 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 37181 battles

View PostJope2209, on 13 November 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Doesn't mean nothing...I took advice from a very good light tanker to cut as much as possible around the place where you're about to ambush or take cover ...cut trees do provide additional foliage cover ...so I'm cutting more than some AFK'ers..:D...ther is no penalty for cutting digital trees...

When I was grinding arty for the trophy a light made a nice little circle of cut trees to hide in. I just dropped a shell dead center and... boom!!!

zmankiller11 #29 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18052 battles
  • [L7]
If that's trying, genuinely they should just quit 

Tanks that I actually enjoy playing: Leopard 1**, T71***, ELC***, WZ-132***, T-54***, E 25***, T49***, Skorpion G***.

RNG > Skill

SauerKrapp #30 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 24708 battles
  • [47R]

View PostPortableNuke, on 14 November 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

I know a guy who was a quadriplegic that used to play COD. He had a small amount of movement in one of his hands and would control the other stick with his face. 

I think there are quite a few players out there that would benefit by switching to this method of controlling their tanks!

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

JoeDaFrogman #31 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16986 battles

View PostItsBillyBoom, on 13 November 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

Never thought of that, can you seriously progress that high through the tiers by AFK'ing?

You have no idea.   Go back and look at the first 1.5 years of the forum.   There were threads started almost daily.   Generally, you could go no more than 2-3 matches at most without at least one AFKer and sometimes multiples.   There is one guy who had "earned" almost 60k games in a bit over a years time as well as a quite a few others who are instantly recognizable to many on the forum as they ran into these guys over and over and over and over.... you get the point.   Some of these guys were actually decent players WHEN THEY PLAYED, while others were barely marginally better that their AFK matches in actual real play.    There are at least a couple dozen well known AFKers to the forum from back in the day and even a small number of those guys who actually had the stones to come to the forum and try to justify their being a complete turd to their teammates.  

After over a year of complaining WG finally made some changes.. It helped a tiny bit.  Then they did 2-3 more rounds of changes and at this point they made if so that there are finally very few AFKers around(that I know of), at the expense of real players who accidently disconnect(power outage, etc) getting no XP/Silver.  Worth it IMHO.

YouTube

Twitch.tv

Frogman's Guide to Silver in World of Tanks

Want to win more?  Learn to count!™

Shadow puppets are illogical, inflexible, and totalitarian.   Most people don't know this because the shadow puppets live in the shadows meddling in others lives usually without reason.   Even worse, they are hypocrites who allow no dissension to their tactics.

animatethant #32 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59153 battles

View Postgigagram, on 13 November 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Could be Tanking Under the Influence.  That would explain the players I occasionally see who are not AFK - because their tank and turret are moving - but can't seem to get their tank or turret pointed towards the red tank(s) that are shooting them out in the open, spotted, from <100m away.   It's not rubber bands on the joysticks either; their tank moves irregularly.  The best way I can describe it is that their tank seems confused.  

Sounds like a bot ...

animatethant #33 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59153 battles

On the topic of afk'ing, it's a really interesting psychological situation.

The one main guy that joedafrogman is referring to used to be a regular on the forums.

Yet, he was constantly afk'ing ... which upsets players who try or are proud of their stats or who want to win or who are not happy if they are playing disadvantaged or have high concept ideas about teamwork  ... I know because I went through this phase ... And I still get irritated to this day (although much less so).

When he played he was one of the better players around (he still plays as I see him occasionally with his platoonmate) but I don't see him around the forums anymore.

What's interesting is that he was completely comfortable with how he approached the game. He was completely comfortable with being AFK for a large part of his gaming session. When criticized heavily or even abused consistently for his AFK Behavior he kept his cool almost always. He would respond without getting upset or angry and he would move on to the next topic at hand. He almost didn't seem to understand how his behaviour impacted others. 

So.

Remember that all kinds of people play this game even people who don't share the same social wiring as you may do. There are people out there that are hardwired to not understand the application of negative social behavior and how it affects others. To these people what they are doing is perfectly acceptable and even desirable. 

I'm talking about mild autism spectrum disorders and/or high functioning autism ... 

I'll just leave it out there.

So please remember that all kinds of people play this game and while it's frustrating to deal with strange, unproductive or selfish  behavior sometimes the person you're playing with may not actually just be a complete jerk but there are other reasons for it.

TocFanKe4 #34 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16828 battles
  • [GIRLS]
I remember AFK players saying it had no effect on your win rate because you had an equal chance of getting them on the green or the red team. Over time it would equal out.

The "Naitcha Tanka" TocFanKe4

I stream inconsistently and often with beer : https://www.twitch.tv/tocfanke4 Stream contains language that is inappropes. 

SkillfulTurtl3 #35 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:39 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21722 battles

View PostSauerKrapp, on 14 November 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

I think there are quite a few players out there that would benefit by switching to this method of controlling their tanks!

Based on my play tonight I think I should try it.... just had my worst session WN8 that I can remember (around 500).... I cannot even blame the lkv 103 for all the disasters

I x SiNz x I #36 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:10 PM

Major

• Club Wargaming
  • 11365 battles
  • [IMTLS]

View Postgiaka, on 13 November 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Could be a little kid but probably a professional AFKer.

We need a new stat WG, average distance traveled per game.

So all artillery players would be brandished as AFK'ers and punished? Soundsgoodman. :trollface:

Immortals - EU | WN8 Rating: 3400+ | WN7 Rating: 2300+

YouTube | Discord | Twitch | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon

IronSnake123 #37 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18906 battles
  • [NOOBZ]

View PostItsBillyBoom, on 13 November 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

First of all I don't mean to stat shame at all as I'm an average player at best. But I have just finished a battle with this guy on my team, it was just us two left against 5 reds and he performed so poorly he caused us to lose when we could have won. I couldn't resist checking his stats to see why and I was shocked, multiple tier 9's with 50+ battles and 0 wn8.

Is this a common theme? After 12k battles and many high tier tanks how can you still be so bad? Is this the frustration many players have with the game? I tend not to care about stats but this guy had me curious because he performed so poorly.

We don't know anything about him. Could be a lot of things. The guy might have lost an arm doing a tour of duty in Afghanistan and just wants to play tanks for all we know. 

No Not Yet Baby #38 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:40 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17598 battles

400 WN8 is nothing impressive.

How can this be judged:

Posted Image

WGCB tolerated this guy for 3 years - what can be said more. Such as he is hundreds and still ruin "our game". Well done WG!

When man invented consoles, even monkeys began to scratch their heads.                      
Bad maps and teams generate bad play and create idiots even from good people.
The nasty truth about this game starts with the people who try to hide it!

This forum is a direct reflection of the quality of the product concerned.

UTU2TM #39 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 38919 battles
  • [BEARD]

I send a complement to each guy that afks. Now my problem is that I can't find a way to mass delete hundreds of complements I've sent from the xbox messaging system.

Sometimes I send a message, and realize that I've complemented a guy multiple times before. One guy thanked me for the complement (actually a lot of afkers thank me), and wanted me to sub to his youtube account.

you are really good at tanks

It is difficult to swim in hydrochloric acid with your legs chopped off.
-Russian General Alexander Lebed

pepelefrogg #40 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:55 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30606 battles
  • [WOTCS]
We had the misfortune of having a vk100 sniping from the back border of the map. We needed his help to clutch out our match in lakeville. But alas his 18566 matches added up to a 509 wn8. We umm...did not win. But he felt like a star with 936 damage and 6600 blocked. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users