When did WOT jump the shark for you?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Lynn Do Wicker #1 Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 29880 battles
I used to play this game for hours on hours day after day. For a year or so it was the only reason i turned on my xbox. Around March it started to feel stale. After june i cant really get thru more than a few matches before clicking away from the game.

scwirpeo #2 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33772 battles
  • [CRY]

Running out of lines to grind and the prospect of never having a balanced tier ten. I probably use the forums more than I'm on the game now days. 

USSWISCONSIN94 #3 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:12 PM

Major

• Players
  • 7167 battles
  • [47R]
Thing called a Job. :)

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

pr0fit0fcanabis #4 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31923 battles

View PostLynn Do Wicker, on 13 November 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

I used to play this game for hours on hours day after day. For a year or so it was the only reason i turned on my xbox. Around March it started to feel stale. After june i cant really get thru more than a few matches before clicking away from the game.

How many things could you do for hours a day for a year and not get bored of?  

Playertd #5 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

Major

• Players
  • 17410 battles

Couple years ago when I realized console wasnt getting competetive.

Just play it off and on for fun.

4HPMvmm.jpg

Jope2209 #6 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:41 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14248 battles

View Postpr0fit0fcanabis, on 13 November 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

How many things could you do for hours a day for a year and not get bored of?  

I could sleep for hours and hours without ever feeling bored....:D

G: "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"

EB: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."

-- Somewhere in No Man's Land

Wroclaw #7 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27086 battles

View PostLynn Do Wicker, on 13 November 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

in this modern age, we go online and let everyone know what we have gotten bored with !

Sentience #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18047 battles
  • [ARROW]
Anime and comic book tanks.

Pit Friend #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:11 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26021 battles
  • [PTATO]
My playing time started to rapidly decline when the "realistic physics" were added. Though I have started playing a bit more since the big balance patch corrected one of my major complaints in the spotting system. 

I hope to one day be wealthy enough to be considered eccentric rather than just plain nuts.  

FledBasher #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:12 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18256 battles
  • [HACKS]

The moment WG lost me as an reliable paying customer and long term consumer was when the T23 went on sale for the second time.  This came on the heels of the V/IV nerf that had me pretty mad but when the T23 went on sale for the second time I had had enough.  

I remember having a conversation either via pm or in a thread with one of the higher ups and I was assured that the T23 wasn't going to be sold again. That's why i bought that particular founders pack or whatever it was. Of course when it went up for sale again everyone was all up in arms over the V/IV and I was one of the only people furious about the T23.

That's when the forum toxicity was at an all time high or at least the highest it had been up to that point. Since forum trolls will be forum trolls it turned heated very fast. Your standard "pic or didn't happen" ended up ruling the day and with the same people who lied to us still running the forum and proof quickly vanished.

Before and when the packages were released The forum was almost exclusively topics on these tanks and after the backlash from reselling these tanks a massive amount of old threads was reduced to a handful. The day belonged to the trolls and fanboys who many of them were very close with the forum mods.

After that *** show I took a break for some time. Maybe a fee weeks maybe months. I can't really remember. Shortly after coming back I ended up completely uninterested in wasting any more time or money and I stopped playing for the better part of 2 years. Somewhere in October I decided to kill some time and gave wot another shot.

Not sure how long I'll be staying but I doubt it will be very long 

TLDR;

WG nerfed a premium then sold another premium that they said wouldn't be sold again.

Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, 14 November 2017 - 06:27 AM.

Clan Hacks!!! Because... reasons

Signature by METALHELLIONx84

Ruthless4u #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11384 battles
  • [SKREB]
When they decided catering to the 360 players and basing the entirety of the games development on 12 year old hardware and trying to convince us that it's a good thing.

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

Please donate to Aperts international 

http://www.apert-international.org

giaka #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:22 AM

Major

• Players
  • 36860 battles
  • [WTAF]

View PostRuthless4u, on 13 November 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

When they decided catering to the 360 players and basing the entirety of the games development on 12 year old hardware and trying to convince us that it's a good thing.

Best reason.....

Ogre4Hire #13 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7388 battles

If I truly felt this game had jumped the shark, I'd delete it from my system and stop hanging out on the forum.

It's close, but it hasn't quite gotten there yet.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

FledBasher #14 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18256 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostLynn Do Wicker, on 13 November 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

I not only played the beta and ground out the E5, E50 and a few other lines to tier VIII or so but I also had the E5 and E100 around 1 month after release and within a few days of each other. Then I ground out a few other tier X tanks (Patton, E50m,JPZE100,GWE100,215B,4202, and a few others) all within a very short time span. I've got somewhere between 15-20 tier X tanks and that's with me taking nearly 2 years off.

After all of that I still was playing like crazy.  The lack of clan battles or any kind of competitive play contributed to my leaving. The fact that WG would tease us with things they were working with but there is only so much one can take.

Between my 2 posts I believe it's obvious that WG is the reason myself and many other left or severely limited our playing/paying. They made it painfully obvious that they couldn't care less about retaining players or improving the game aside from esthetics.

FledBasher #15 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18256 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostRuthless4u, on 13 November 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

I know the 360 is a burden for you but I don't recall any time after the Xbone release where the player base grew. I could be wrong since I stopped caring long ago and wouldn't debate any proof/claim otherwise.

I can only imagine how much worse the game would be without the 360 players. Sure you would probably have more maps and even higher grass but even if you had 100 maps (excluding weather variants) you would still need people to populate those matches.

WoT is literally the only game I play and have played in years. If i thought WoT would actually improve or even last then I would upgrade.

Are there any known plans to bring clan battles or some form of competitive play other than pub matches or ops?  If there were any indication that they themselves see a future for the game then I would be more inclined to upgrade.  

MDR 14 #16 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:50 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 32004 battles
  • [G0WAR]
Remember during the Beta when there was that one accidental restart that wasn't announced between the 2nd and 3rd restarts? Yeah right about there... Then at the 1 1/4 year mark.
"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

CatSnipah #17 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16788 battles
  • [BNKR]
Waifu tanks. 

Ruthless4u #18 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 11384 battles
  • [SKREB]

View PostFledBasher, on 13 November 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

I know the 360 is a burden for you but I don't recall any time after the Xbone release where the player base grew. I could be wrong since I stopped caring long ago and wouldn't debate any proof/claim otherwise.

I can only imagine how much worse the game would be without the 360 players. Sure you would probably have more maps and even higher grass but even if you had 100 maps (excluding weather variants) you would still need people to populate those matches.

WoT is literally the only game I play and have played in years. If i thought WoT would actually improve or even last then I would upgrade.

Are there any known plans to bring clan battles or some form of competitive play other than pub matches or ops?  If there were any indication that they themselves see a future for the game then I would be more inclined to upgrade.  

I play only WOT and crossout on console. The rest is PC. If Naval Action Legends makes it to console I will play it on console.

If I actually have time to game for more than short sessions then it's PC games.

I can't imagine the game being worse without the 360 players, especially for PS4 users who are being limited by a console they don't even see the players for. I believe wargaming exaggerates the 360 user base to placate those who want the game to have the potential of better content.

Equality is a myth.

In order to ensure rights for one, you must destroy rights of another.

Keep calm and wait for Naval Action.

Please donate to Aperts international 

http://www.apert-international.org

FledBasher #19 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:15 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18256 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostRuthless4u, on 13 November 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

I play only WOT and crossout on console. The rest is PC. If Naval Action Legends makes it to console I will play it on console.

If I actually have time to game for more than short sessions then it's PC games.

I can't imagine the game being worse without the 360 players, especially for PS4 users who are being limited by a console they don't even see the players for. I believe wargaming exaggerates the 360 user base to placate those who want the game to have the potential of better content.

Yea I forgot about the PS4 players lol.

Well I still hold a pretty firm stance regarding not upgrading until they give me a reason to or until they give me some faith in the future of this game.

Seriously. It's not a money issue. I can go buy a Xbone right now but there is zero incentive to.  I don't have faith in the longevity of the game  nor do I believe they will do anything to improve the game other than more tanks and maps. 

BLADE R0GERS #20 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:34 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19088 battles

The Black Friday tanks from last year was the shark moment for me.

I still play but spending is way down and my overall play time is down except during the odd earn op.

I may not even buy anything significant or otherwise during this black Friday American Thanksgiving sales month. 

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users