When did WOT jump the shark for you?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

HEAT--54 #101 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5887 battles
When they buffed the Deathstar turret.  

I realized at that point the only thing they really know how to do was market reskinned tanks.

KACYS #102 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26137 battles
  • [WHAM]
The anime tanks and losing great maps for more and more "weather maps".

Cobravert #103 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19854 battles
  • [WPLAC]

For me it's usually whenever a new "free" tank op rolls around.

Then all you see is 3/4's both teams running solely the most OP in some regard premiums they own throughout the entirety of the op.

It gets tiresome.

NaughtyNihilist #104 Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 26299 battles
  • [UNI]
Reskins. Anime tanks. Apparent lack of direction in the design studio.

It was probably mainly running out of stuff to do. Last 15 tier Xs I got felt like massive jokes. I wanted more realism and a different style of play so I went to WT. Not saying that the WoT healthbar concept is bad. It just makes the game super easy when you can just afford to take hits. When thats not how tanks work. WoT is good in all its own rights. But almost like CoD it started to feel childish after a while.

Wubba lubba dub dub!

JelliedPenny08 #105 Posted Yesterday, 12:55 AM

Major

• Players
  • 9310 battles

I still really like this game, that's why I'm here. 

WOT has it's share of wthmoments though. For me the thing that jumped the shark and turned it into something unexpected and unwelcome were: - 

Fatherland Op and not putting it right or saying sorry. At any point they could have looked and given the tank to anyone who played over 100 games without earning it, or 200, or 250. They could have refunded anyone the gold that bought it after playing to that level. 

Pricing the Fatherland and subsequent tanks so ridiculously. Increasing the price on the original Independence Bundle* - which was a shining example of a great sale until they turned it into a massive overpriced bundle of fluff. Then carrying on and still selling these things "on sale" at stupidly inflated "discount" prices and thinking it's ok. It isn't...  Look at the mle 49 prices...

There have obviously been other things that feed animosity like the bad communication and timing of things. The pointless secrecy. Closing the EU language forums because Facebook. But the Fatherland and the pricing...  they are the things that grind my gears. A lot of the rest I can forgive. 

* New players might not understand, but the old pricing was cheaper and the sales were actually sales. The original Independence Bundle you basically bought the Liberte for the price of an FCM50t and got the Knight and Freedom for about 1k gold on top. Around 13k for 2 tier 8s and a tier 6. When they re-released it, it was with one more tank for nearly double the cost. Now most bundles have duplicates in too. 

test777777 #106 Posted Yesterday, 08:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4514 battles
I'm not sure that I feel the game is mediocre, It is better than that, but I certainly don't play it with the intensity that I once did, nor do I care much about the X2 stuff.  
For me it was when I realised that my successes were based more on circumstance than my skill creating those circumstances.

FlukenJager #107 Posted Yesterday, 10:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17868 battles

View Postbutsubutsu, on 16 November 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

I am quite sure a large amount of those players buying a PS4 instead of an Xbone would not have come back to WoT at all if it was not ported to the PS4 too. Even if there is people on this forum that plays only WoT and even buy a console just for it, believe it or not but most players and customers buy consoles for other reasons than WoT. So in many cases the alternative for WG if they had chosen not to port it to PS4 would have been to lose the players, would that have made any sense for you? 

So please stop talking out of your [edited]

actually your the only one talking out your fourth point of contact.

there are PLENTY of people who ONLY play Wot on console, if you read posts instead of just musing over your own you'd know that. Im one of them by the way.

I don't play a single other game ... I bought xbox 360 TO play tanks

it ok, you can go fade into obscurity with your tail between your legs now.

FlukenJager #108 Posted Yesterday, 10:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 17868 battles

View PostDoctor_Who_22, on 14 November 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

This is an easy one...... even after all the marketing disasters and boneheaded moves such as the Black Tanks, Comic Book mode, Fatherland 'raffle', putting certain tanks behind huge (and insane) paywalls, reskin after reskin, and even giving out premiums for free (or at huge discounts) that I just paid full price for..... those I can actually deal with and get over, since they don't affect the overall gameplay experience....

Instead, the ONE, single thing that marks my 'jump the shark' moment for WOT (and WG), is the insane removal of maps, with little to no explanation of what the problem is, and what they are doing to resolve it (and when). Actually removing or limiting content in a game was the final straw for me as a player....... you don't remove or limit content and then expect your player base to flourish and grow. What's next....  the removal or limiting of tech trees or entire nations? Maps are just as integral to the game as the actual tanks - players have maps they like or dislike, and some they tend to do better on (or not).

One of the dumbest moves I've ever seen..... and one that may ultimately drive even more players from the game, or at least reduce the amount of time they play (as it has for me)..... which directly relates to a loss in revenue. Great way to shoot yourself in the foot, or 'jump the shark' as anyone who grew up watching Happy Days can tell you about.

There IS no problem.... its not insane either, the maps were removed from PC too.

75% of what happens on Pc happens here...no one is in uproar over maps on PC.

f1mitku #109 Posted Yesterday, 11:21 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23622 battles
For me WoT still didn't jump the shark. The worst case was the Fatherland Op but as I've won it finally, I've calmed down. 

butsubutsu #110 Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18165 battles
  • [APEX2]

View PostFlukenJager, on 17 November 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

actually your the only one talking out your fourth point of contact.

there are PLENTY of people who ONLY play Wot on console, if you read posts instead of just musing over your own you'd know that. Im one of them by the way.

I don't play a single other game ... I bought xbox 360 TO play tanks

it ok, you can go fade into obscurity with your tail between your legs now.

In a big picture perspective there are not plenty of people that buys a console only to play WoT. It is just a very small minority of the players, even if you in your obviously distorted way of comprehending the reality has come to the conclusion that all people act just like you when it comes to WoT it actually does not make it correct. 

You bought Xbox360 to play WoT is the only truth in your post. Opening up WoT was good both from a customer perspective and a business perspective, I and many with me would have never even started if we did not come into contact with WoT through the PS4. But you are obviously free to believe in your own fairytales as long as you want but it does not make you look smarter or informed about the real world in any way. Have fun with your 360 and I hope you find some friend to complain together with that all games should have been 360 exclusives because that would really have been great, especially for WoT...

Jope2209 #111 Posted Yesterday, 11:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 14248 battles

View Postbutsubutsu, on 17 November 2017 - 11:04 PM, said:

In a big picture perspective there are not plenty of people that buys a console only to play WoT. It is just a very small minority of the players, even if you in your obviously distorted way of comprehending the reality has come to the conclusion that all people act just like you when it comes to WoT it actually does not make it correct. 

You bought Xbox360 to play WoT is the only truth in your post. Opening up WoT was good both from a customer perspective and a business perspective, I and many with me would have never even started if we did not come into contact with WoT through the PS4. But you are obviously free to believe in your own fairytales as long as you want but it does not make you look smarter or informed about the real world in any way. Have fun with your 360 and I hope you find some friend to complain together with that all games should have been 360 exclusives because that would really have been great, especially for WoT...

I'm on PS4 and used to own X360 before...never tried to install WoT on X360 because it had only 60GB HDD ...I know it's 14GB for 360, but I had some other games installed...PS4 I got from my ISP for a price of 200$ bundled with two new games and that is the only reason why I have it...but it's a great console...and to not be able to play tanks wouldn't be a problem for Sony Playstation...it would be a problem for Wargaming...X360 is obsolete (I'm sorry, I used to own one, but sold it and moved on)...

G: "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"

EB: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."

-- Somewhere in No Man's Land

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users