• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

butsubutsu #41 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18165 battles
  • [APEX2]

View PostJoco3000, on 14 November 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

Honestly, probably when they increased the price of the Liberte and Freedom.

I kept playing of course, but that moment was probably the start of all of the horrendous pricing.

This is a good point, +1. Personally I think WGs greed will be the biggest factor in the destruction of the game. The never ending increasing cost of premium tanks is really bad for the game on so many levels. I hope WG will see their mistakes but I am losing hope when I see the new heavy French tank and the Fatherlands pricing... Why do they cost that much? The Fatherland is not even that good, I do not see the logic behind the pricing of the tanks anymore. It feels like WG is trying to just squeeze the last $€£ from the few players that is left and then burn the game to the ground. The pricing policy is making less and less players stay and with less players WG increases the cost of premiums even further, this feels like the exact opposite of what a sane company that wanted to survive would do. 

ExiledHannibai #42 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:06 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17265 battles

I guess when they started handing out premiums that I'd paid for. No massive ball ache for me but that it just stopped me spending any money. After all, why pay if you can get it for free a few months later ?You then have weather maps and power creep.

Ultimately it's ennui. Like anything it has to change or it gets stale. Change too much and it's a different game, change too little and it's boring. For me wga have changed far too little and what they have isnt effective. 

Gigab0mb #43 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33846 battles

When the WT wasn't removed from the tech tree, I realized that the huge positive changes on the PC might never make it over, and that the dwindling population on the US servers wasn't going to rebound.

Edited by Gigab0mb, 14 November 2017 - 09:41 AM.

Holly Johnson #44 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16265 battles
  • [KRAUT]

- when they outrageous lied to us about the overnight "price discount" where they made it more expensive before to sell it to us a an discount afterwards

- or the ridiculous 2% discount for exp bonuses cracks me up everytime

- or the black friday disaster

- the overall price increase and the bundle mess bc they are greedy as [edited]

​- and over time the matchmaker, the gameplay overall, the amount of bugs and that wg isn't fixing [edited]

and finally when they closed the european servers and lied again when the actually claims they did it to get better feedback on Facebook :facepalm:

since then i can say i hate wargaming from the bottom of my heart

12. Dec 2017

PUBG Xbox One Release

Bye Bye Wargaming!

MrTrollPacMan #45 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:32 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 14719 battles
  • [47R]

View PostHolly Johnson, on 14 November 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

- or the black friday disaster

You know, thinking about this, if WG was smart, they'll put on some insane amazing sale this black friday to make all of us forget about last year's debacle.

I don't think WG is smart enough to do that, but I'd like to be proven wrong

Jope2209 #46 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 14248 battles
Read the whole thread and nothing but rants here...I'm playing it for a short period of time compared to most of you guys, and honestly I can't say anything about early days or beta, but there are things happening recently too that influence the player retention and have a lower quality game as a consequence...I could complaint about in-game economy and increasing pressure on players to start buying silver regulary, but I'm not going to ...had enough of that on other threads...yesterday I saw a guy posted he's just purchased his first tier X tank..and that guy has over 14k battles and is here 3 years now...so I told him that now he has only 34 more to get...and by this rate he will get'em in 100 years...

G: "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"

EB: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."

-- Somewhere in No Man's Land

Nuke2099 #47 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16319 battles
  • [KMD]

When they hired MaxChaos.

Spoiler

lQqtvt1.gif

butsubutsu #48 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18165 battles
  • [APEX2]

View PostMrTrollPacMan, on 14 November 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

You know, thinking about this, if WG was smart, they'll put on some insane amazing sale this black friday to make all of us forget about last year's debacle.

I don't think WG is smart enough to do that, but I'd like to be proven wrong

+1 And I agree with everything you said. Some huge discounts would make people talk about that instead of the last Black Friday issue. But as you said, WG will probably sell White Tank versions for the small amount of 20 000 gold each!

CatSnipah #49 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16788 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostJope2209, on 14 November 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

Read the whole thread and nothing but rants here...I'm playing it for a short period of time compared to most of you guys, and honestly I can't say anything about early days or beta, but there are things happening recently too that influence the player retention and have a lower quality game as a consequence...I could complaint about in-game economy and increasing pressure on players to start buying silver regulary, but I'm not going to ...had enough of that on other threads...yesterday I saw a guy posted he's just purchased his first tier X tank..and that guy has over 14k battles and is here 3 years now...so I told him that now he has only 34 more to get...and by this rate he will get'em in 100 years...

I just realized what's going on here...you've played over 14000 battles in 9.5 months? 1470 per month? 360+ per week? 52 per day?

:confused:

AFCA LEEDS #50 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28457 battles
  • [43RD]
Mine started with last years "Black Friday" debacle; and after whats has been going on this year, it isnt helped in reigniting my faith that things will improve. Add the frequent "lag" and I´m getting there. Untill I bumped into World of Tanks I only played Assassin's Creed (The Witcher to these days), so I do stick around in the hope that things will improve because in essence its still is a good game. And in all honesty; I also have invested alot in this game to just walk away, but there will come a point that my patience runs out. Christmass is coming so Im hoping for a miracle that will revive the game.

Edited by AFCA LEEDS, 14 November 2017 - 12:48 PM.

Mr Crowley ll #51 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18344 battles
  • [CRPT]
The physics and the RNG that plagues the gun and tank controls have me revving the motorcycle throttle

AFCA LEEDS #52 Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28457 battles
  • [43RD]

View PostJope2209, on 14 November 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

What did you expected with the subject the "Op" choose for this thread LOL. Its good for you that you had enough of certain threads, but if you dont want to read thread where people complain (valid or not) than dont read them.

butsubutsu #53 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18165 battles
  • [APEX2]

View PostAFCA LEEDS, on 14 November 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

What did you expected with the subject the "Op" choose for this thread LOL. Its good for you that you had enough of certain threads, but if you dont want to read thread where people complain (valid or not) than dont read them.

:great: +1

x Up North Trip #54 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:45 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16506 battles
Over priced premium tanks bundled with crap I don't want

KLLDZR #55 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11849 battles

Anime tanks & Physics downgrade for sure.:angry:

I don't play near as much since the Twisted Metal physics were added. I'm just starting to get used to them on my lights which I used to love. Also climbing up the 90deg side of a building in a heavy while trying to side hug it & poke out is just the worst.:facepalm:

Ronin Gaidin #56 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23154 battles

Due to life getting in the way, I didn't play for about six months starting back in April (though my premium time still ticked away, obviously). Just recently got back into the game. I think that the time off did me a lot of good. It let all the frustrations fade a bit, and I got to miss out on any new frustrations over the summer. So my personal Shark Jump Timer got rolled back a bit. 

Unkempt #57 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 13061 battles
  • [SRT]
Buying a new premium tank only to have it earn-able a short while later.

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your BOOK!"

Doctor_Who_22 #58 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10187 battles
  • [-WHO-]

This is an easy one...... even after all the marketing disasters and boneheaded moves such as the Black Tanks, Comic Book mode, Fatherland 'raffle', putting certain tanks behind huge (and insane) paywalls, reskin after reskin, and even giving out premiums for free (or at huge discounts) that I just paid full price for..... those I can actually deal with and get over, since they don't affect the overall gameplay experience....

Instead, the ONE, single thing that marks my 'jump the shark' moment for WOT (and WG), is the insane removal of maps, with little to no explanation of what the problem is, and what they are doing to resolve it (and when). Actually removing or limiting content in a game was the final straw for me as a player....... you don't remove or limit content and then expect your player base to flourish and grow. What's next....  the removal or limiting of tech trees or entire nations? Maps are just as integral to the game as the actual tanks - players have maps they like or dislike, and some they tend to do better on (or not).

One of the dumbest moves I've ever seen..... and one that may ultimately drive even more players from the game, or at least reduce the amount of time they play (as it has for me)..... which directly relates to a loss in revenue. Great way to shoot yourself in the foot, or 'jump the shark' as anyone who grew up watching Happy Days can tell you about.

"Betty" is my Hellcat, and she's an amazing beast!!   I play for fun, not for stats..... but I always play to WIN!!

Saerbhreathach #59 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18283 battles
  • [LIGHT]

I stopped playing on a regular basis and buying stuff not too long after they started to have earn ops for premium tanks. Sell a tank for $30-150(depending on the bundle) only to have it up as the prize for an earn op a couple months down the road... This was/is a clear indication of WG's greed IMO. Charge people out the nose for X premium tank to only offer it up for free not but 3-5 months down the road... This put a stop to my spending. 

I've eased off the amount of time spent playing mostly due to the lack of proper balancing, lack of maps and the lack of any meaningful content being added... Reskinned tanks and maps DO NOT count as new content. Not in my books.... 

What it boils down to is.... WG is the reason I've all but stopped spending money and really cut back on playing their game. Their greed, the lack of care for player retention and their lack of actually putting any hard work into the game... 

FinlandRed #60 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15298 battles

This is a tough one. I have a real love/hate relationship with this game. It used to be great game but as more and more content has been added it seems to have dragged it down and I now find myself unable to switch it on for days at a time. Wish they'd put the maps back in rather than expand WS.

The Fatherland op was total [edited]. Might has well brought a lottery ticket than go through that weekend of ****.

The constant selling of Tier VIII premiums seems to damage the higher tiers by dropping people with no idea into higher tier matches where mistakes are harshly punished. Made worse by making them earnable 6 months down the line. I didn't buy Heavy Tank No 6 because I know they'll let me earn it in a couple of months.

Nerfing Proving Grounds without explaining why.

At this point it feels like some kind of abusive relationship between myself WoT

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users