Autoload IS-3A Fatherland Skills and Perks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Vampire_Izumi #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27566 battles
  • [LEONI]

so since the fatherland does not have a loader but a loading system, would it gain any effect from Intuition?

Intuition- Gives 17% chance that you will not lose any reload progress when switching ammo types. Effect stacks with two Loaders, Giving you a 34% chance. This will only occur if your tank has more than one shell type equipped.

A lie about a lie turns inside out upon itself. - Magane chikujoin   

Marks of Excellence:

LevelStream18 #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:46 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11777 battles
Hmm interesting question. I'm pretty sure it would, one of the other crew members takes over the duties of the loader in a tank without a dedicated loader. I would say though that intuition isn't really worth it because it is so RNG dependent - you shouldn't be relying on a perk to save you if it only works 17% of the time. I would only take it if you have almost all the other skills on a crew

Vampire_Izumi #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:50 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27566 battles
  • [LEONI]
well i have a 13 skill crew and was wondering if it could save me if i replaced like armorer for it so if i fight something that is 9 or 10 i could rarely (but instantly) switch to Heat.

Edited by greenteam117, 14 November 2017 - 01:52 AM.

Marks of Excellence:

Papax 2112 #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 60916 battles
  • [BNKR]
www,worldoftanksxboxguide.com , Skill related sight I refer to . Gives numerical rating of usefulness from 1 to 5 . Repairs is a 5 ....swimming lessons is a 1 . I think intuition is either a 1 or 2 I'm not planning on taking it ....

Vampire_Izumi #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:09 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27566 battles
  • [LEONI]
ah i see, well i am atleast taking intuition on my bogatyr crew that is in my gorynych since the tank has 2 loaders and a crappy gun XD

Marks of Excellence:

Vampire_Izumi #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27566 battles
  • [LEONI]
well i think eagle eye is a useful perk though (the site says its rating is 1)

Marks of Excellence:

HybredXero #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:27 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 34055 battles
  • [BULL]
each major position must be taken by a crew member.  I had this conversation with my buddy when the Fatherland came out, so my recollection is a little fuzzy about it.  So there's only three crew members in the tank, so people are pulling double duty.  I believe your radio man and commander are pulling the double as loaders, but I don't believe that intuition will affect them as it should, so you'd only be getting the 17% chance....and honestly that's a really low percentage chance of happening.

"Trusting the Blue Falcon is like playing Russian Roulette....with six rounds in the chamber"

"CEDAT FORTUNA PERITIS" (Let Fortune Yield to Experience)

Vampire_Izumi #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27566 battles
  • [LEONI]
ah okay i see ty, i think intuition is only worth getting on tanks that need premium often/ have 2 loaders so a the fatherland is not worth the skill ty

Marks of Excellence:

TheSpider774099 #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8373 battles
I carry heat in my fatherland and can count on one hand the number of times I've actually fired it

Vampire_Izumi #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:46 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27566 battles
  • [LEONI]
well i used to run the is-3 and t-10 a ton but i sold my is-3 when i got the fatherland and for some reason i am awful with the fatherland even though i was great in the is-3 and i do not know why

Marks of Excellence:

Papax 2112 #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 60916 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postgreenteam117, on 13 November 2017 - 10:16 PM, said:

well i think eagle eye is a useful perk though (the site says its rating is 1)

​Every one has many and varied opinions on crew skills in my opion eagle is useless to other skills , see damaged modules?? K I'll trade snap shot for that right away...

Vampire_Izumi #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27566 battles
  • [LEONI]

View PostPapax 2112, on 15 November 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

​Every one has many and varied opinions on crew skills in my opion eagle is useless to other skills , see damaged modules?? K I'll trade snap shot for that right away...

i like eagle eye because you can do stuff like "oh his ammo rack is damaged and he just fired, time to charge him"

Marks of Excellence:

LevelStream18 #13 Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11777 battles

View Postgreenteam117, on 14 November 2017 - 03:46 AM, said:

well i used to run the is-3 and t-10 a ton but i sold my is-3 when i got the fatherland and for some reason i am awful with the fatherland even though i was great in the is-3 and i do not know why

You are probably worse in the fatherland because it's quite a bit worse than standard IS3. It is a LOT slower with slower traverse speeds as well. IS3 had really good soft stats as well so the gun handing was a lot better than you'd expect for a 3.4 sec aim time, whereas fatherland's gun handing is just as bad as you'd expect. Also while the IS3 isn't really known for having good accuracy at .40, the fatherland's accuracy is truly horrific at .46 making if difficult to be effective at anything other than point blank range. The bad gun handling means that the better DPM of the fatherland isn't really helpful because you'll be bouncing more shots than you would in the IS3, so your effective DPM is generally lower. When I ground through the IS3 I loved it but sold it since I had the fatherland from the earn op, but I do miss the standard IS3 just because it was so much better. The fatherland is still pretty good, but now that I have the m4a1 rev I usually use that for grinding silver instead

Edited by LevelStream18, 15 November 2017 - 11:44 PM.

begbeee_svk #14 Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:48 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16476 battles

View PostLevelStream18, on 15 November 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

You are probably worse in the fatherland because it's quite a bit worse than standard IS3. It is a LOT slower with slower traverse speeds as well. IS3 had really good soft stats as well so the gun handing was a lot better than you'd expect for a 3.4 sec aim time, whereas fatherland's gun handing is just as bad as you'd expect. Also while the IS3 isn't really known for having good accuracy at .40, the fatherland's accuracy is truly horrific at .46 making if difficult to be effective at anything other than point blank range. The bad gun handling means that the better DPM of the fatherland isn't really helpful because you'll be bouncing more shots than you would in the IS3, so your effective DPM is generally lower. When I ground through the IS3 I loved it but sold it since I had the fatherland from the earn op, but I do miss the standard IS3 just because it was so much better. The fatherland is still pretty good, but now that I have the m4a1 rev I usually use that for grinding silver instead

This is so much true. Everything you have said. And then when I choose which one to pick to platoon, I take Fatherland - meh, at least it earns money and I can put my best crew there.

Also, all the reasons you gave mean that Fatherland is geometrically worse than IS-3 the higher tier you face. In t8 things dont change much, against t9 and especially 10 is worse and worse.

LevelStream18 #15 Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:41 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11777 battles

View Postbegbeee_svk, on 16 November 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

This is so much true. Everything you have said. And then when I choose which one to pick to platoon, I take Fatherland - meh, at least it earns money and I can put my best crew there.

Also, all the reasons you gave mean that Fatherland is geometrically worse than IS-3 the higher tier you face. In t8 things dont change much, against t9 and especially 10 is worse and worse.

Yeah, I can't really complain too much though because imo prem tanks should be a bit worse than grindable TT counterparts. I do agree with you about tiers, the IS3 can play as a pseudo medium in tier 10 matches thanks to mobility but the fatherland can't which makes things tougher 

Brisbaneroad #16 Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:16 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17783 battles
Given that it's a hell of a brawler and it has APCR as standard, I'd take adrenaline rush first.

KillerDNA #17 Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 48546 battles
  • [LIGHT]

View PostBrisbaneroad, on 18 November 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

Given that it's a hell of a brawler and it has APCR as standard, I'd take adrenaline rush first.

Funny cause with mine it seems everything pens it with RBRT but every time i take aim for a weakspot on many tanks the APCR troll bounces a good 80% of the time. So i changed my playstyle, spam HE at tracks and guns on the frontlines till i die!

But overall intuition is only useful on dual loaders and mostly arty. Not worth risking a failed intuition in the heat of battle

Lycan T71 *** (Dot Dot Slash) / Cruiser Mk.II (Matilda Crusher) / Spähpanzer Ru 251 *** (Sucker Punch) / ELC AMX *** (Spider Ninji)

KV-2 ** (I'm a Derpaholic) / GwE-100 *** (Mighty Mammut) / FV304 *** (BERT the Daredevil) / S-51 *** (Finger of Death)

Light Tank Master Race 

Zxyphos #18 Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 18182 battles
  • [RATT]

View Postgreenteam117, on 13 November 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

The Fatherland is no IS-3, gun-wise. That is the biggest difference. 

Brisbaneroad #19 Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17783 battles

View PostKillerDNA, on 20 November 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

Funny cause with mine it seems everything pens it with RBRT but every time i take aim for a weakspot on many tanks the APCR troll bounces a good 80% of the time. So i changed my playstyle, spam HE at tracks and guns on the frontlines till i die!

But overall intuition is only useful on dual loaders and mostly arty. Not worth risking a failed intuition in the heat of battle

I find that with the HEAT it's very unreliable. I got some shocking bounces with HEAT, like the lower plate of a Tiger II or the cupola on an AT-15. Even the side of a VK 30.01 P. At over 5k a pop it's an expesive way to get frustrated. I find that the APCR rounds do exactly what the statistics say they will. Therefore I won't bother shooting at something that I think won't penetrate. If I'm top tier I'll try to bully my way to a better angle. If not I'll have a think about switching to HEAT but most times when I switch ammo it's immidiately after a shot has been fired, it's a reaction. As I say though, it's very rare I find to have an APCR round bounce when the shot is well placed. The fact that I run vents and gld plus my crew is rank 8 and has snap shot, smooth ride and bia to help the gun handling as much as possible may help this. That setup seems to work best for me. The other equipment slot is spall liner, the dispersion is just too awful for the vert stabs to make a reasonable difference. It's a bit of a bummer having to stand stone still for a few seconds in order to get a shot on target but she's a tough cookie. I love my Fatherland. And I love the fact that I won it, while heaps of other people paid a small fortune for it :D

Edited by Brisbaneroad, 03 December 2017 - 08:37 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users